Hotmail View In Outlook 2003

After setting up the Hotmail account in Outlook 2003,  I
couldn't send & receive any mail from the Hotmail server.

Here the error message : 'The server does not support the
required HTTP methods. The Server responded 'Not
Implemented'

My setting for the Ouulook with hotmail are as below :
Server Type : HTTP
HTTP Mail Service Proviser : Hotmail
Server URL :
http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp (which
is grey off after I select Hotmail.
Connection : Connect using my LAN

I appreciate if someone can help me on this.

Thanks.

0
alvin_thc (1)

Is Outlook 2007 dependent on Outlook Express
Hello, I've been using my computer for months with no problems (and the email client I use is Outlook 2007 - not Express). Recently, though, Outlook Express has reared its ugly head - constantly giving me a dialog box asking me if I want to back up old email items. I don't understand where this comes from, since I haven't been using this application and this behavior is something that seems to have started out of the blue, on its own. I've run virus and antispyware scans (from like 3 different programs for it) and come up clean. The best option I can see is ju...

Outlook XP not downloading new messages
Hi, I am running Windows XP with Outlook XP. I have properly set up a pop3 account in Outlook, and have been able to send/receive messages. I currently have the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" option checked. I do not want a copy of the messages left on the server, though. However, when I uncheck the box, Outlook will not download new messages. When I do a send/receive, it says receiving 0 of X messages, but never progresses. So it can see that there are new messages, it just never downloads them. As soon as I re-check "Leave a copy of messages on the server", th...

hotmail contacts in hotmail
I've imported my contacts from hotmail to outlook,,,I go to do a email and they don't show up if I click the to or cc or bc buttons but if I move to contacts they are there. Please advise on a seperate note the ms tool for verifying product key in the help section is broke. for fun I ran it on 4 new computers i got thru hp and all 4 times the verify tool didn't find the key and when I imputed the key it couldn't locate it...so either MS is trying to make some additional money or the tool is broke....to take it one more step further I ran it on 2 other older c...

Outlook and Web calendar syncing
I don't know if such thing exists. There are some asp or asp.net calendars out there which you can include in your web site. What I want to do is have my Outlook users be able to sync their Outlook calendars with their hosted calendars. So I am assuming they need to have an Outlook add-in which "talks" with the web calendar using http post or a web service. I am a developer and I can program in asp or asp.net but I know very little about Outlook's object model and how to program add-ins. Is there source code or tutorials or samples on how to program Outlook add-ons? Also ...

importing to outlook
We needed to replace our hard drive (the original was "flakey"). On the old drive, we imported nine mail folders to Outlook (from Outlook Express). Using a backup program, we moved these folders (from Outlook) to a cd. On the new drive, we rsstored these files to a temporary file. We then imported these files to Outlook - well, we imported eight of them. The last one is totally unrecognized by outlook. All are pst file. Any suggestions? ...

Personal WebMail for Outlook?
I want to access my Outlook personal folders (pst file) remotely using a web browser only but I also want to avoid the extreme cost/headache/bloat/hassle of using Exchange Server and OWA (Outlook Web Access). Anyone know of an addin/tool/gizmo/utility that does this on XP? "cseilern" <cseilern@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1107952279.365855.38020@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I want to access my Outlook personal folders (pst file) remotely using > a web browser only but I also want to avoid the extreme > cost/headache/bloat/hassle of using Exchange Server an...

Outlook 2002-Outlook Today date display
On the Outlook today page the tasks display the date one day before the date set in the tasks page. The system date/time is set correctly.(GMT+10) However if it is set to GMT or any -ve value it fixes the problem but the system time in the task bar is then incorrect. Any help appreciated. Garry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the Outlook today page the tasks display the date one > day before the date set in the tasks page. The system > date/time is set correctly.(GMT+10) However if it is set > to GMT or any -ve value it fixes the problem but the > ...

Can not save a simple task (Outlook 2003)
To the group: After typing in a simple task (Click into next task line and type) the following message box occurs: "Please save the task order by clicking Save Task Order on the Actions menu in the "Tasks" folder. The view must not be filtered or grouped for Save Task Order to be available. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." There are no filters set, nor are there any groups - In View > Arrange By > Custom, 'Group by' is None and 'Filter' is Off. I can not determine the origin of this message. Any th...

Scroll Calendar day view
Hi, Outlook XP won't allow me to scroll up or down in the Calendar's day view even though it indicates that there are 'off-screen' appointments, and it's also stopped showing colours on appointments (which it used to do). Anyone have any ideas how to resolve these. Thanks for any help, Jez ...

how to completely uninstall outlook 2000
Dear Everybody, Would anyone could tell me how to completely uninstall outlook 2000 with all setting and registry? Thank you very much! Walter Iether from yr origonal installation cd or within the add/remove programs dialogue This is supposed to remove all, including registry entries. However you may wish to also run a registry cleaner app. I've used this JV power Tools- do so with care - http://www.macecraft.com/ Or even manually edit the registry, if yr bold; ensure you have backup before doing so and are aware of the procedure for recovering a registry. David "Walter" &l...

Outlook-programmatically generating a new mail with images embedded in the message body
Hi, We need to call MS Outlook (2000 or later) from our Java application to generate a new email, with images embedded in the body of the email. The user then edits it further, or clicks send, to send it via outlook the normal way. We're using a java wrapper to invoke Outlook, and so far have succeeded in launching a new email with images attached to it. Is there a way to programmatically embed the images within the body of the mail itself? We came across suggestions like using MAPI calls (which are registered in cdo.dll). However, cdo.dll was not found on our own systems, where we have O...

Outlook Connector (v12) -NOW- Hotmail Connector (v14) ?
It apears that the legacy OUTLOOK CONNECTOR "OC" has been superceded by HOTMAIL CONNECTOR "HC" (V14.0 4/20/2010) to incorporate Outlook 2010 integration etc. 32bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f 64bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8a31fbf4-f4bf-4751-954b-5b36d80ec375 Microsoft did a dirty on users of this plugin by forcing us to a bugged upgrade process and at least one user of the new HC claimed that it is 'c...

"collecting data via email" when recipient uses Hotmail or Yahoo
I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to my Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p. 304. I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I try the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based email recipient. Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and Yahoo? Our school would benefit gre...

how to cancel scroll bar on full screen view ?
hello, I am program use mfc, program is multidocument architecture. my view class derive from CScrollView. i just finish fullscreen view function. but fullscreen view has scroll bar on right side and bottom side . i want to cancel it . how can i do . at the same time, there is a narrow slot on the bottom , i didn't know why ? my full screen code : void CMainFrame::OnFullScreen() { RECT rectDesktop; WINDOWPLACEMENT wpNew; if (!IsFullScreen()) { // need to hide all status bars m_wndStatusBar.ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); m_wndToolBar.ShowWindow( SW_HIDE ); ...

Hotmail account will not function within Outlook 2002
When I try to use my Hotmail account in Outlook 2002 I receive timeouts errors that state: There may be server or network problems or your timeout interval may be too short. also Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' My Pop3 accounts work just fine. Please help... are you using a firewall or proxy server? what about antivirus software with email scanning enabled? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://...

Outlook Express #96
Is it possible to archieve my email messages from outlook express to a separate directory other than a folder? I would like to back up the emails to a CD. Thanks "mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:054f01c3b951$0a6c38e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to archieve my email messages from outlook > express to a separate directory other than a folder? I > would like to back up the emails to a CD. > > Thanks Umm "directory" is another name for "folder" http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm A t...

Hotmail ID
Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before you can use WLM? TIA B.W. No. Not necessary. "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message news:6018CBE5-A24B-4E52-BCFA-D46E7C7E753F@microsoft.com... > Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before > you can use WLM? > > TIA > > B.W. Hi, B.W. No, you don't have to have a Hotmail Account. I don't have one. You don't have to have any email account at all to run WLM - but since email is WLM's prime purpos...

new to OL 2003
After right clicking and marking a task as completed in the Reminder window, it does not go away. I then open the task and see that it has advanced to the next reocurring date. I have to closed the Reminder window to make the task go away. This is a bother. How can I have it clear out immediately as it did in OL 2002. -- Thank you. TAV ...

Viewing a report of filtered resutls using a Command Button.
I have the following fields in a table called Names: First Name; Last Name I have a form I use for entry purposes that has the two mentioned fields and a command button I have a report entitled - Names The command button allows me to preview the Names report after filtering using the built in access filter. Once I create a filter, all works great. However, what is best way to remove the filtered results so that I can view all unfiltered records? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. My code for the command button is: If Not IsNull(Me.Filter) Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Names&qu...

Wireless Support for Outlook client
Can anyone confirm weather or not Microsoft specifically supports connecting to CRM using the outlook client in either on-line or offline mode? I'm trying to find written documentation on this and haven't so far. Thanks. Don Do you mean that Microsoft CRM offers an offline capability? If so, yes, it offers both online and offline capability. Depending on your networking setup, Microsoft CRM Outlook client can connect to your CRM Server via wireless or VPN, etc.. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm &qu...

Outlook Printing problems...
I am trying to print my Outlook calendar & contacts to a HP duplex printers (HP 9000 mfp & Hp4100 mfp) the face page is correct however the back page is upside down. The printer driver is forcing the flip option. What can be done to fix this probnlem? Contact HP Support? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, JCR3 asked: | I am trying to print my Outlook calendar & co...

Outlook 2010 & Hotmail connector
I recently installed the 2010 RTM version of Office and was told I needed to update the Outlook Connector for my hotmail account. I noticed after the update (version 14) that I'm getting the new message ding and desktop alert preview window for messages that arrive in my hotmail account (with exchange being my primary). This was not how it used to be and I'm wondering if there is a way to turn it off? I'm guessing the majority of people will like this feature but I don't need to be notified all the time mail comes into my secondary hotmail account. Thanks ...

Adding hyperlink to view detail
Hello, I have a basic filter on a field which populates the results. Now I'm trying to add a hyperlink for every result - opening a new window to detail view. ClientID Custname Show Detail 11111 Roberts (Hyperlink to = 'Roberts' view product detail) Is this possible? Thanks in advance. ...

welcome message in outlook 2003
I want to change this message. What's de name of this file? Any suggestions? Thanks, Bert There is no file. The ability to set the initial message disappeared with Outlook 2002. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Stekel" <bschoots@xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:ep5gv0ttngfecg9fe7o9hoj6c501i0oje7@4ax.com... >I want to change this message. What's de name of this file? > > Any suggestions? > > Thanks...

Outlook 2007 wont send emails when using contacts
If i select people in my contacts to send out an email, it wont send. It just gives me a parameter error. But, if i manually type the same email, it will work. I looked in the contacts, and the email addresses are correct. I did notice, however, that when i select a contact, outlook puts ' ' around the addresses. When i removed the ' ' it works. Could this be the issues? If so, how do i fix this? You didn't specify the method used for recipient selection. How were these Contacts created? Are their email addresses resolved? -- Russ Valentine "turbowrx...