Hotmail's server error: responded "redirect"

I have a Hotmail account that I configured with Outlook
2003 to synchronize/download, but almost everytime it
gives me the following error:

Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.'
reported error (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the
server failed.
The server responded 'Redirect'. '

What can I do to solve the problem?

JC Portillo
0
anonymous (74719)

Hotmail's server error: responded "redirect"
I have a Hotmail account that I configured with Outlook 2003 to synchronize/download, but almost everytime it gives me the following error: Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed. The server responded 'Redirect'. ' What can I do to solve the problem? JC Portillo ...

GroupPolicy FolderRedirection changes the server path automatically
I am running in a 2008 forrest. I have 2 GC's serverA and serverB I have a group policy that maps user's desktops to \\serverA\Homes\%USERNAME%\desktop I have 2 member servers, memberA and memberB when I logon to serverA and memberA the desktop maps properly, BUT when I logon to serverB or memberB I am presented with an error of "\\serverB\Homes\shawn\Desktop" or "\\memberB\Homes\shawn\Desktop" (depending on which I logon to) is an invalid network path.... I have also tried the FQDN in the path and that doesn't work. Doing an NSLookup on al...

Redirecting mail based on sender address
Is it possible to redirect incoming mail based on the senders email address ? Eg if an email arrives in exchange for 123@abc.com from 456@xyz.com can exchange see that the sender is 456@xyz.com and redirect it to say 789@abc.com ? I know i could do this through a rule in Outlook but i want to be able to do it through exchange as the recipient address may not be a valid user. Thanks in advance, Steve ...

SBS 2008 Folder Redirection
Hi, I cant' figure something out. We are now on SBS 2008, on my SBS 2003 I had "my document" folders redirected to a different server. When I look at the SBS console, it doesn't seem to let me pick anywhere except local disks for document redirection. Is there a way to do this? Mike Not via the SBS wizard. You will have to manually create a group policy. -- Cliff Galiher Microsoft has opened the Small Business Server forum on Technet! Check it out! http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/smallbusinessserver/threads Addicted to newsgroups?...

Redirecting http to https for OWA
I am trying to redirect http to https. I works when I type in Http://mail.domain.com/exchange but not when I type in http://mail.domain.com. My users currently type in https://mail.domain.com to get their mail. I just want to drop the (S). Why do I have to add the /exchange? I am on Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Tyson, did you include in the redirection URL the /exchange? It is required. I usually require the users to type in HTTPS. That way, I don't have to open up port 80, only port 443. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com "Tyson" <Tyson@d...

Redirect Rule error in Outlook
I set up a rule to redirect my mail to an outside address and when I receive mail from the outside once the mail arrives I get the following error "The redirect action is not currently supported with Run Rules Now" the mail I receive from the outside is pulled into my email box by a POP3 account. If I send myself a mail through the Exchange Server it redirect to the outside with out issue. Any suggestions. Thank you. -- Stacy Justice Aculab USA Inc. ...

System Cannot Find Path Specified Blocking SSL Redirect
When using IIS 6.0 on my Exchange 2003 OWA server, I get an error when attempting to access the Exchange and public virtual directories: System Cannot Find Path Specified. This is preventing me from accessing the tab necessary to implement ssl redirect. I can access the properties pages to see the virtual directory tab, and the local path is M:\hcc.hctx.net\MBX for Exchange, and M:\hcc.hctx.net\Public Folders for public. We recently completed an in-place upgrade (2000=>2003) of this front-end server as well as our back-end server. Various restart sequences don't solve the problem...

Redirecting TCP/IP Address for remote desktop or ??
I know somebody that have remote desktop setup and instead of using and static IP address for each computer. They are using one IP address and a different port for each computer. I know that the port number is defined in each registry. They are using DHCP and the address for each computer is obtained automatically. What command would you use to redirect the DHCP IP address to the static IP Address? I know somebody doing this and they are using a rule in the firewall for the port number. Do you set up the redirect in the firewall rules also? Curious to know how this is being done....

Redirect to a page when accessing by specific browser
Hello, Last days, some of users used new version of Chrome browser to access our corporate SharePoint Portal (SP2003) and for some reason this generated a huge HTTP trafic to a web server. One person just left the computer on with Chome open in the evening and the day after I found IIS log size rised to 3GB just within 24hrs, usually we have daily logs with size 50-70MB. As a resolution, I see to block accessing our web server with Chrome browser. Is that possible with IIS6? Can we redirect users to a specific page when they use Chrome to access web server? Thank you. ...

Email automatically redirected when user logs off??
Brand new install of Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server RC2. At first we thought all mail for @client-domain-name.com was being directed to a particular user - Peter, but have since seen that when a user logs out of the domain all new email gets directed to the user that has just logged out gets directed to Peter? Have I missed something here - it's like Peter's mail box is the "stray mail" account and when ever users log off the domain their emails get automatically directed to Peter. Please provide more details, like mail client and it's settigns etc. Craig Mi...

Keyboard Redirection in a DOS batch file?
Does anyone know how to do this in a DOS batch file? Normally when I run this windows online program and am finished and close it down, I have to then type "S" to stay connected online (otherwise, the default behavior is to disconnect from being online (I'm using dial-up). So instead, I'm creating a batch file to run (call up) that program, so that when I close the program, I want the batch file to send the "S" character to the keyboard buffer automatically, so I don't have to type it in each and every time. I know how to call up the program i...

Application Data redirection
I have a policy set to redirect users desktop and application data folders to a share. The test computer is windows XP running Office 2003. The odd thing is the folders are different on the servers vs what's on the local desktop. The server and desktop also have different files in the \Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder, which stores the users archive.pst file.\ The server has the following 2 files in the redirected folder Default Outlook Profile.xml Default Outlook Profile.srs The desktop has these files archive.pst extended.pst Is this behavior by default? Is there a way...

Content redirect
Hi: I'm trying to set up my mail account in Officezilla. I get an error message: Server Object Error asp 0177:800401f3' Server create object failed. mail/mailutils.com/contentredirect.asp. Would someone be kind enough to translate this into English? Thanks, John Furey -- John Furey, CVO Shalom Communications Inc. > I'm trying to set up my mail account in Officezilla. I get an error > message: > Server Object Error asp > 0177:800401f3' > Server create object failed. > mail/mailutils.com/contentredirect.asp. > Would someone be kind enough to translate ...

redirecting email I delegate for someone else
I have my own inbox in outlook, but also am a delegate for another email inbox for my department. I need to find a way to redirect emails that go to the second inbox to go automatically to the first while out of the office. That way i can get them on my blackberry when I'm out (The phone can only show the one inbox). I've tried using different rules to get messages to transfer from one email to another, or from the second inbox to a specific folder, etc. But I can't seem to get anything to redirect. Is this even possible? ...

OWA behind ISA 2000
I have installed Exchange 2003, and have everything set up for Outlook Web Access. This server is behind an ISA 200 server, that acts as a firewall for the entire network. It has 2 NICs, one on the internet, one on the LAN. I can successfully login using https://<servername>, but cannot login using http://<servername>. I have been following the procedure documented in the "ISA Server 2004 Unleashed" book from SAMS publishing to do the redirection. To force redirect of HTTP Traffic to SSL I have done the following: 1. Created a redirect script and placed in subdire...

Exch 2003 email redirected to admin's mailbox
Hi, I have a Small Businell Server 2003, with Exchange 2003. Two Domain names are configured on it : Dom1 and Dom2. Both domains are configured at the same provider, and all the emails are sent to the DNS of Dom1 (*@Dom1 and *@Dom2). The Exchange server gets correctly all the incoming mails for Dom1 and Dom2. Here is the problem : the configured users @Dom2 get their mail only if a single condition is true : the recipient must be in the "CC" or "BCC" field to receive the mail. If the recipient's name is in the "TO" field, the email is considered as "...

Display Map of Address not redirecting to Expedia.com
I have two systems here that are both using Office 2000, one on SP3 and the other SP4. I have two XP systems, using Office XP that this Display Map of Address function does work for. Anyone have any suggestions? thanks! www.poremsky.com/displaymap.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups...

redirect URL to same intranet box with ampersand
There is a URL (https://myintranet.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://myintranet.com/referrals/ref_agentnotes.asp?loc=L&id=32629&RID=36106) that goes out to users but it contains an ampersand, which works fine from Outlook, but not OWA. OWA tries to do a redirect and interprets the & as %26 like this: https://myintranet.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://myintranet.com/referrals/ref_agentnotes.asp?loc=L%26id=32629%26RID=36106 The weird thing is that if after you click on the link and the new window opens up you edit the URL in the address area and you place a space here:...

Redirection
Hi All. I'm looking for a little function: Pass a string, return a string. A VB6 app wants to write a file, The users chosen path is 'C:\FileName.ext'. The app 'appears' to do this but actually writes to file to a completely different path, something like 'C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore' This is UAC Virtualization. AKA Data Redirection I would like a function where I can pass the users chosen location and it will return the the actual path that the file will be written to. Any pointers please Thanks Ivar On 03/03/2010 09:11, I...

redirection of mail
in my company one of the user is shifted to u.s..this company is in india now he wants the intranet mails to redirect to his internet mail id,how can we do this in exchange2003 On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:31:02 -0700, "nizamali" <nizamali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >in my company one of the user is shifted to u.s..this company is in india now >he wants the intranet mails to redirect to his internet mail id,how can we do >this in exchange2003 Create a mail-enabled contact and forward to this account via delivery options in the ADUC Andy David - MVP <adavid@...

IE8 Redirect to Virus Scan
Running W7 32 bit with IE8, sometimes when I go to Yahoo and click to close IE8 it redirects to a virus scanner web page all by itself. How can I fix it? I did a full scan with MS Essentials and no virus was detected. What to do? I copied the scanner site URL last time and it is: http://188.124.5.147/index.php?affid=91102 NEVER post possibly dangerous, clickable links in a public newsgroup or forum! See... Can I install MSE to clean up my already-infected computer? http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msescan/thread/87058857-d181-4019-a723-efd9a49d9275 ...

redirect rule doesn't work
Hi Ok, well, I had a "forwarding rule" problem earlier, it was solved by a generous user here on the forum, so I thought I'd try again with another rule I'm having trouble with I'd like to be able to use the "Redirect rule", but of course that doesn't work either.. I've allowed forwarding on the server, I suppose there is another setting allowing for re-direction?? Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated... Sorry, It does work.. It just took a while for the message to be delivered.... "certolnut" <whitney_neal@hotmail.com> wrote in...

Mail Redirecting w/ copy on Exch Server
Hi ! My platform is as follows: Windows 2003 Server SP1 Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Outlook 2003 clients My domain is (for example) @mycompany.com. I have a user who wants to have all the mails sent to him : john.smith@mycompany.com also sent to another address, an external address such as john.smith@yahoo.com, but he also wants to keep a copy of the mails (sent to john.smith@mycompany.com) on the Exchange Server (in order to have a look at them with OWA). OK, a bit complicated... (you don't always choose your clients... :-)) Any idea how to this? Thanks for the help. Nicolas Dear...

Redirecting http://server to httpS;//server/Exchange in OWA
Is there a detailed guide for how to properly redirct a user pointing to http://owaserver, so that they are automatically redirected to the URL httpS://owaserver/Exchange? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053/en-us http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA2003Forms-based-Authentication-default-domain.html http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839357 Nue "Rob Gordon" <Robert.Gordon@nospam.dslextreme.com> wrote in message news:uTePFVxjGHA.4776@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a detailed guide for how to properly redirct a user pointing to > ht...

'Restore to Mailbox' is greyed out in the redirection tab.HELP
Even I selected only one single mailbox. I am using Veritas BackupExec 7.3. The account I am logon has the local administrator rights. Any suggestions? Thanks. Bernard Jen ...