Hotmail/outlook 0x800CCC0D error 'server not found'

for the last 4 days I been getting intermittent error message with my
Outlook2003..............Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.'
reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.'
I've been grandfathered in so I am allowed to use Outlook with my Hotmail.
I've repaired outlook, used the Winsock fixer, turned off NAV and Norton
Security, went from wireless to plugged directly in the the cable modem,
etc.
Now I found out my Father, next town over,  is having the same happen to
him.  Different Internet provider.  Looking on the
http://support.msn.com/networkstatus.aspx for hotmail it says everything is
fine.  Any ideas about what to do?  It is so tedious to get Hotmail to
respond......  Jonathan

Whew, I'm glad it wasnt just me.
I beleive, it's an issue needed to be taken up with Hotmail..
Just be aware, hotmail is trying to get it so that Outlook users can't use
hotmail on outlook. For now, they're only doing it to new users, but I'll
bet this is all a ploy to get everyone to stop using outlook.
Because every time you go hotmail.com MS makes money.
When you use outlook MS dosn't make money.
So if they give you an error and you can't download your email, where are
you going to go first? www.hotmail.com? I know it, I do it too!
-James G.

"Jonathan B. Jung" <jonathanjung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> for the last 4 days I been getting intermittent error message with my
> Outlook2003..............Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing
> headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.'
> I've been grandfathered in so I am allowed to use Outlook with my Hotmail.
> I've repaired outlook, used the Winsock fixer, turned off NAV and Norton
> Security, went from wireless to plugged directly in the the cable modem,
> etc.
> Now I found out my Father, next town over,  is having the same happen to
> him.  Different Internet provider.  Looking on the
> http://support.msn.com/networkstatus.aspx for hotmail it says everything
> is fine.  Any ideas about what to do?  It is so tedious to get Hotmail to
> respond......  Jonathan

0
James
6/4/2005 4:28:16 AM
I don't know about all of the above, it may just be coincidence that this
happened when msn started sending out their "Outlook Live" signup email.
Nevertheless I still can't get my outlook/hotmail to work.  I really don't
want to switch email providers.  Hotmail has been good.  The few times they
have had problems with there service it has been a real hassle to find out
it's them and not my computer.  They are not very forth coming with info and
they make it a hassle to get in touch with them and forget phone
support...since there is none.  I really don't what to switch to yahoo or
gmail....not yet....jonathan

"James Gockel" <flibbertigibbet007_at_hotmail_dot_com> wrote in message
> Whew, I'm glad it wasnt just me.
> I beleive, it's an issue needed to be taken up with Hotmail..
> Just be aware, hotmail is trying to get it so that Outlook users can't use
> hotmail on outlook. For now, they're only doing it to new users, but I'll
> bet this is all a ploy to get everyone to stop using outlook.
> Because every time you go hotmail.com MS makes money.
> When you use outlook MS dosn't make money.
> So if they give you an error and you can't download your email, where are
> you going to go first? www.hotmail.com? I know it, I do it too!
> -James G.
>
> "Jonathan B. Jung" <jonathanjung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> for the last 4 days I been getting intermittent error message with my
>> Outlook2003..............Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing
>> headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.'
>> I've been grandfathered in so I am allowed to use Outlook with my
>> Hotmail. I've repaired outlook, used the Winsock fixer, turned off NAV
>> and Norton Security, went from wireless to plugged directly in the the
>> cable modem, etc.
>> Now I found out my Father, next town over,  is having the same happen to
>> him.  Different Internet provider.  Looking on the
>> http://support.msn.com/networkstatus.aspx for hotmail it says everything
>> is fine.  Any ideas about what to do?  It is so tedious to get Hotmail to
>> respond......  Jonathan

See the concurrent thread about this in this forum for more information, but
it's all pretty spotty at the moment. Note also that other groups confirm
similar/identical problems with OE access over the last week, so it's hardly
just Outlook. Hopefully it's just another little one of their glitches
(recall the one several months ago that lasted weeks and had people
screaming?) that will resolve itself. It seems like it has for some already.

0
btvs (25)
6/4/2005 8:06:09 PM
It doesn't have to do with paid vs not paid.  If you have been using Outlook
then it should work.  I just got an email from hotmail support, it states:

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for writing to Hotmail Technical Support. My name is Debojit and I
will be assisting you today.

I understand that you are unable to access your Hotmail account using
Outlook. I know how important it is for you to access your account using
Outlook.

We have verified that some other Hotmail members are also experiencing
issues similar to the one you have reported. Our technical staff is aware of
this situation and is currently working on a fix to this issue. I understand
that this limits the functionalities of your account and I sincerely
apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing.

Your satisfaction with our services is very important to us. If you have any
other concerns about Hotmail, please do not hesitate to write back. We
appreciate your time and patience.

Regards,

Debojit

MSN Hotmail Technical Support

Some progress is being made.........hurray.....

"Milhouse Van Houten" <btvs@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> See the concurrent thread about this in this forum for more information,
> but it's all pretty spotty at the moment. Note also that other groups
> confirm similar/identical problems with OE access over the last week, so
> it's hardly just Outlook. Hopefully it's just another little one of their
> glitches (recall the one several months ago that lasted weeks and had
> people screaming?) that will resolve itself. It seems like it has for some
> already.

yeah, progress. It's really working.. heh
Still issues just a few moments ago.

-James
> It doesn't have to do with paid vs not paid.  If you have been using
> Outlook then it should work.  I just got an email from hotmail support, it
> states:
>
> Dear Jonathan,
>
> Thank you for writing to Hotmail Technical Support. My name is Debojit and
> I will be assisting you today.
>
> I understand that you are unable to access your Hotmail account using
> Outlook. I know how important it is for you to access your account using
> Outlook.
>
> We have verified that some other Hotmail members are also experiencing
> issues similar to the one you have reported. Our technical staff is aware
> of this situation and is currently working on a fix to this issue. I
> understand that this limits the functionalities of your account and I
> sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing.
>
> Your satisfaction with our services is very important to us. If you have
> any other concerns about Hotmail, please do not hesitate to write back. We
> appreciate your time and patience.
>
> Regards,
>

> Debojit
>
> MSN Hotmail Technical Support
>

> Some progress is being made.........hurray.....
>

> "Milhouse Van Houten" <btvs@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> See the concurrent thread about this in this forum for more information,
>> but it's all pretty spotty at the moment. Note also that other groups
>> confirm similar/identical problems with OE access over the last week, so
>> it's hardly just Outlook. Hopefully it's just another little one of their
>> glitches (recall the one several months ago that lasted weeks and had
>> people screaming?) that will resolve itself. It seems like it has for
>> some already.

0
James
6/5/2005 2:24:03 AM
> yeah, progress. It's really working.. heh
> Still issues just a few moments ago.

I think just as this problem didn't affect all users, the fix won't
necessarily trickle down to everyone right away. I'm seeing a lot of
positive reports today though, and it's back to normal here after being down
for about a week (in Outlook only -- OE was fine the whole time), so it's
encouraging.

0
btvs (25)

Detect linked server down
Hi there, I am using 2 x SQL2000 for an intranet application (classic ASP). Some of the data is coming from a linked server (thats the second SQL2000). Very occasionally we lose our internet connection, which means our linked server isn't accessible. I need to create a stored procedure that does an update on both servers at the same time. I want this to be aware of the linked server not being accessible, do the local part of the update, but also mark it so that when the link is back up, the remote part of the update can be carried out. Is this at all possible? Can the s...

Is Outlook 2007 dependent on Outlook Express
Hello, I've been using my computer for months with no problems (and the email client I use is Outlook 2007 - not Express). Recently, though, Outlook Express has reared its ugly head - constantly giving me a dialog box asking me if I want to back up old email items. I don't understand where this comes from, since I haven't been using this application and this behavior is something that seems to have started out of the blue, on its own. I've run virus and antispyware scans (from like 3 different programs for it) and come up clean. The best option I can see is ju...

Outlook XP not downloading new messages
Hi, I am running Windows XP with Outlook XP. I have properly set up a pop3 account in Outlook, and have been able to send/receive messages. I currently have the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" option checked. I do not want a copy of the messages left on the server, though. However, when I uncheck the box, Outlook will not download new messages. When I do a send/receive, it says receiving 0 of X messages, but never progresses. So it can see that there are new messages, it just never downloads them. As soon as I re-check "Leave a copy of messages on the server", th...

Outlook and Web calendar syncing
I don't know if such thing exists. There are some asp or asp.net calendars out there which you can include in your web site. What I want to do is have my Outlook users be able to sync their Outlook calendars with their hosted calendars. So I am assuming they need to have an Outlook add-in which "talks" with the web calendar using http post or a web service. I am a developer and I can program in asp or asp.net but I know very little about Outlook's object model and how to program add-ins. Is there source code or tutorials or samples on how to program Outlook add-ons? Also ...

hotmail contacts in hotmail
I've imported my contacts from hotmail to outlook,,,I go to do a email and they don't show up if I click the to or cc or bc buttons but if I move to contacts they are there. Please advise on a seperate note the ms tool for verifying product key in the help section is broke. for fun I ran it on 4 new computers i got thru hp and all 4 times the verify tool didn't find the key and when I imputed the key it couldn't locate it...so either MS is trying to make some additional money or the tool is broke....to take it one more step further I ran it on 2 other older c...

Personal WebMail for Outlook?
I want to access my Outlook personal folders (pst file) remotely using a web browser only but I also want to avoid the extreme cost/headache/bloat/hassle of using Exchange Server and OWA (Outlook Web Access). Anyone know of an addin/tool/gizmo/utility that does this on XP? "cseilern" <cseilern@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1107952279.365855.38020@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I want to access my Outlook personal folders (pst file) remotely using > a web browser only but I also want to avoid the extreme > cost/headache/bloat/hassle of using Exchange Server an...

SMS error
hi when i install sms 2003 on domain controler 2003 and sql 200 with sp3a it gives me an error that sql server is not installed can any body help ? -- Ammar S. Mitoori IT Head QIMCO Co. Tel : +9744831199 Mobile : +9745378400 Fax : +9744831643 ...

The host 'qrente@microsoft.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
The host 'qrente@microsoft.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'qrente@microsoft.com', Server: 'qrente@microsoft.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Try with grente@microsoft.com or qgrente@microsoft.com instead of qrente@microsoft.com. -- Sylvain Lafontaine, ing. MVP - Windows Live Platform Blog/web site: http://coding-paparazzi.sylvainlafontaine.com Independent consultant and remote programming for Access and SQL-Server (Fre...

Removing 2nd Exchange Server
Hi: Quick Question. We had a 2nd Exchange (2003) online for a bit and have decided it is not necessary. Is there a procedure for removing this server? It was designated as a routing master, bridgehead or performing any other "critical' roles. Thanks Joe The question is whether you already configured this server as a routing master etc. If not, then it's pretty easy. Read : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273478/ (How to completely remove Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 from Active Directory) Greetings "Joe" <none> wrote in message news:u5mbG3gwGHA.4...

importing to outlook
We needed to replace our hard drive (the original was "flakey"). On the old drive, we imported nine mail folders to Outlook (from Outlook Express). Using a backup program, we moved these folders (from Outlook) to a cd. On the new drive, we rsstored these files to a temporary file. We then imported these files to Outlook - well, we imported eight of them. The last one is totally unrecognized by outlook. All are pst file. Any suggestions? ...

Outlook 2002-Outlook Today date display
On the Outlook today page the tasks display the date one day before the date set in the tasks page. The system date/time is set correctly.(GMT+10) However if it is set to GMT or any -ve value it fixes the problem but the system time in the task bar is then incorrect. Any help appreciated. Garry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the Outlook today page the tasks display the date one > day before the date set in the tasks page. The system > date/time is set correctly.(GMT+10) However if it is set > to GMT or any -ve value it fixes the problem but the > ...

Error on default installation
Hi there. First of all let me explain that working with MS CRM is new for me and my first time. I've just installed the default MS CRM database and created the 6 users, etc. I am now trying to create a new email/lead/topic/etc. When doing that I get an error ======================================================= Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<emailactivity><acti..."). Description: Req...

how to completely uninstall outlook 2000
Dear Everybody, Would anyone could tell me how to completely uninstall outlook 2000 with all setting and registry? Thank you very much! Walter Iether from yr origonal installation cd or within the add/remove programs dialogue This is supposed to remove all, including registry entries. However you may wish to also run a registry cleaner app. I've used this JV power Tools- do so with care - http://www.macecraft.com/ Or even manually edit the registry, if yr bold; ensure you have backup before doing so and are aware of the procedure for recovering a registry. David "Walter" &l...

Outlook-programmatically generating a new mail with images embedded in the message body
Hi, We need to call MS Outlook (2000 or later) from our Java application to generate a new email, with images embedded in the body of the email. The user then edits it further, or clicks send, to send it via outlook the normal way. We're using a java wrapper to invoke Outlook, and so far have succeeded in launching a new email with images attached to it. Is there a way to programmatically embed the images within the body of the mail itself? We came across suggestions like using MAPI calls (which are registered in cdo.dll). However, cdo.dll was not found on our own systems, where we have O...

Outlook Connector (v12) -NOW- Hotmail Connector (v14) ?
It apears that the legacy OUTLOOK CONNECTOR "OC" has been superceded by HOTMAIL CONNECTOR "HC" (V14.0 4/20/2010) to incorporate Outlook 2010 integration etc. 32bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f 64bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8a31fbf4-f4bf-4751-954b-5b36d80ec375 Microsoft did a dirty on users of this plugin by forcing us to a bugged upgrade process and at least one user of the new HC claimed that it is 'c...

Microsoft has encountered an Error and needs to close.
I have a very large program in excel VBA that has been working fine until the other day. I have a connection to ADO that has all of a sudden seemed to cause an error. I receive the error that "Office Excel has encountered an error and needs to close." If i out a message box right before the procedure runs that i have narrowed the error down to, it runs fine. Also, it doesnt cause an error when the userform loads if i have the VBA editor open. This error occurs when I go to open the userform. Excel 2003, doesnt matter which Windows version I am running, I have Vista at h...

"collecting data via email" when recipient uses Hotmail or Yahoo
I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to my Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p. 304. I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I try the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based email recipient. Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and Yahoo? Our school would benefit gre...

Outlook Express #96
Is it possible to archieve my email messages from outlook express to a separate directory other than a folder? I would like to back up the emails to a CD. Thanks "mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:054f01c3b951$0a6c38e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to archieve my email messages from outlook > express to a separate directory other than a folder? I > would like to back up the emails to a CD. > > Thanks Umm "directory" is another name for "folder" http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm A t...

No Entity Error: SFO. Cannot locate stored procedure 'CRMReplicat
I am having a somewhat common problem in that my publication of CRM Metadata database is not working leading to No Entity errors when users try to access SFO offline. While online, everything is fine. During research for a resolution, I came across KB 829504, but it cannot locate the stored procedure CRMReplicationSetup. Is there somewhere else I can find this or can I manually add? Your help is greatly appreciated! Sorry for multiple posts. It didn't 'take' the 1st time... or so I thought! "kat" wrote: > I am having a somewhat common problem in that my pub...

Hotmail account will not function within Outlook 2002
When I try to use my Hotmail account in Outlook 2002 I receive timeouts errors that state: There may be server or network problems or your timeout interval may be too short. also Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' My Pop3 accounts work just fine. Please help... are you using a firewall or proxy server? what about antivirus software with email scanning enabled? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://...

Users to Contacts in separate Exchange servers.
Hey all I have two exchange 2003 servers in separate domains that must remain separate. For the past year I've been using CSVDE to export and import AD users from one exchange server into a contacts OU on the other. All this so users of each domain can select contacts out of the GAL instead of using the SMTP address. Is there a better/easier/automated way this can be done without using a costly third party tool? Thanks for the help James I presume when you say "separate domains" you also mean "separate forests" (and organizations), otherwise yo...

Hotmail ID
Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before you can use WLM? TIA B.W. No. Not necessary. "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message news:6018CBE5-A24B-4E52-BCFA-D46E7C7E753F@microsoft.com... > Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before > you can use WLM? > > TIA > > B.W. Hi, B.W. No, you don't have to have a Hotmail Account. I don't have one. You don't have to have any email account at all to run WLM - but since email is WLM's prime purpos...

CRM 3.0 Update rollup 2 server error
I'm trying to apply CRM Update Rollup 2 to CRM 3.0 running on SQL 2000, Windows Server 2003 SP2. I receive the following error after the executable unpacks and begins the install... "Setup failed to update the database. The installation of this update has stopped. Contact Customer Support Services." Digging around in newsgroups, I found a possible solution by removing the Data Migration Pack. I did so, rebooted the server, and the install still gives the same error. I also found a previous post about CRM 1.2 errors similar to this, in that the DB build # had to be changed,...

Outlook 2010 & Hotmail connector
I recently installed the 2010 RTM version of Office and was told I needed to update the Outlook Connector for my hotmail account. I noticed after the update (version 14) that I'm getting the new message ding and desktop alert preview window for messages that arrive in my hotmail account (with exchange being my primary). This was not how it used to be and I'm wondering if there is a way to turn it off? I'm guessing the majority of people will like this feature but I don't need to be notified all the time mail comes into my secondary hotmail account. Thanks ...

Outlook Printing problems...
I am trying to print my Outlook calendar & contacts to a HP duplex printers (HP 9000 mfp & Hp4100 mfp) the face page is correct however the back page is upside down. The printer driver is forcing the flip option. What can be done to fix this probnlem? Contact HP Support? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, JCR3 asked: | I am trying to print my Outlook calendar & co...