Hotmail connection

I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft
Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method
of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could
not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks.

Which version of Outlook?

0
miker671 (1)
1/6/2005 2:47:33 PM
Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711)
Internet Mail Only

Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.

zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711)
> Internet Mail Only

That's Outlook 2000 and HTTP (i.e., Hotmail) accounts aren't supported in
that version at all.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/7/2005 2:22:26 PM
hai~ So every other version supports it but not this version? Then, in this
case, can anyone refer me to a program like Outlook that supports Hotmail?
Thanks.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711)
> > Internet Mail Only
>
> That's Outlook 2000 and HTTP (i.e., Hotmail) accounts aren't supported in
> that version at all.
> --
> Brian Tillman

zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> hai~ So every other version supports it but not this version?

No, only Outlook 2002 and 2003 have supported Hotmail.  Outlook 97-2000 do
not.

> Then, in this case, can anyone refer me to a program like Outlook that
> supports Hotmail?

Outlook Express may, but MSN is discontinuing access to the free Hotmail
accounts via WebDAV (HTTP) accounts.  If you pay $25 for a Hotmail account,
you'll be able to download the MSN Outlook Connector program that will allow
you to access Hotmail from Outlook 2002/2003.  You should also be able to
access your Hotmail Plus or Premium account from Outlook Express via POP or
HTTP.  See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287604
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

hotmail contacts in hotmail
I've imported my contacts from hotmail to outlook,,,I go to do a email and they don't show up if I click the to or cc or bc buttons but if I move to contacts they are there. Please advise on a seperate note the ms tool for verifying product key in the help section is broke. for fun I ran it on 4 new computers i got thru hp and all 4 times the verify tool didn't find the key and when I imputed the key it couldn't locate it...so either MS is trying to make some additional money or the tool is broke....to take it one more step further I ran it on 2 other older c...

Entourage 10: Entourage does not connect automatically
Dear All, When switch from Appletalk (for my printer) to DSL Internet access (Ethernet), Entourage (e-mail) does not connect automatically. The workaround is to change to any new site on Explorer, then return to Entourage for my e-mail. I am running Office X for Mac. Explorer 5.2.3 on OS 10.3. Under System Preferences > Network > Built-in Ethernet > PPPoE > PPPoE Options > Session options, "Connect automatically when needed" is checked. Supposedly, Entourage should hook up just as well as Explorer, but it does not. -Tony ...

VSS backups cause loss of connectivity/Exchange
We've started experiencing a non-regular occurrance of our VSS backups. At least that's what it appears to be linked to. In the Event Log there are msgs 2803 MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE, then 2005 ShadowCopy msgs, then several Exchange messages about preparing for the backup. Then there are several 3197 msgs about the I/O being frozen for MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE. Then more msgs about Shadow Copy freeze starting. Then an error from VSS and an error from SharePoint Services 3 Search. Then several msgs about I/O resuming on databases. Then a string of SQLVDI errors (ID 1)...

Outlook Connector (v12) -NOW- Hotmail Connector (v14) ?
It apears that the legacy OUTLOOK CONNECTOR "OC" has been superceded by HOTMAIL CONNECTOR "HC" (V14.0 4/20/2010) to incorporate Outlook 2010 integration etc. 32bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f 64bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8a31fbf4-f4bf-4751-954b-5b36d80ec375 Microsoft did a dirty on users of this plugin by forcing us to a bugged upgrade process and at least one user of the new HC claimed that it is 'c...

"collecting data via email" when recipient uses Hotmail or Yahoo
I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to my Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p. 304. I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I try the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based email recipient. Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and Yahoo? Our school would benefit gre...

Hotmail ID
Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before you can use WLM? TIA B.W. No. Not necessary. "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message news:6018CBE5-A24B-4E52-BCFA-D46E7C7E753F@microsoft.com... > Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before > you can use WLM? > > TIA > > B.W. Hi, B.W. No, you don't have to have a Hotmail Account. I don't have one. You don't have to have any email account at all to run WLM - but since email is WLM's prime purpos...

Hotmail account will not function within Outlook 2002
When I try to use my Hotmail account in Outlook 2002 I receive timeouts errors that state: There may be server or network problems or your timeout interval may be too short. also Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' My Pop3 accounts work just fine. Please help... are you using a firewall or proxy server? what about antivirus software with email scanning enabled? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://...

How do I connect fields from two spreadsheets
I have two spreadsheets. the first has a list of account numbers, for example 10 20 30 The second has a list of acount numbers and an amount, for example 10 100 20 150 30 175 How can I in the fisrt spreadsheet, use a formula to look in the second spreadsheet for the corresponding account number, example 20, and pull the correct value, example 150 withoutout coding each row in the first spreadsheet to look exactly at the specific row in the second spreadsheet For example, I can do this and it works =(second spreadsheet!$F$11) however I just want it to know where in the second spr...

Outlook 2010 & Hotmail connector
I recently installed the 2010 RTM version of Office and was told I needed to update the Outlook Connector for my hotmail account. I noticed after the update (version 14) that I'm getting the new message ding and desktop alert preview window for messages that arrive in my hotmail account (with exchange being my primary). This was not how it used to be and I'm wondering if there is a way to turn it off? I'm guessing the majority of people will like this feature but I don't need to be notified all the time mail comes into my secondary hotmail account. Thanks ...

Exchange to Hotmail
I have a Exchange 2003 box running, with appropriate IP addresses and Pointer Records out on the internet. When I send emails to a Hotmail account, say myaddress@hotmail.com, some of the emails go through, while some don't. For example: Message 1: (This message DOES NOT get through to the hotmail recipient) From: myaddress@exchangeserver.com To: myaddress@hotmail.com Subject: 2212 Body: test Message 2: (This message DOES get through to the hotmail recipient) From: myaddress@exchangeserver.com To: myaddress@hotmail.com Subject: Test Message 3 Body: Test Message 3 -----Urspr´┐Żngliche N...

IMAP connection slow and terminating
Windows 2000 SP4/Exchange 2003 SP2 Moved some new users mailboxes to a new server, with Public folder replication between the two servers. Everything seems fine, and LAN users have no problem and OWA is also fine. However, users using IMAP are having a problem. Authorizing and connection is slow, brings up some files and then may hang. At first I thought this was a router problem, but this also happens when connecting using IMAP on the server itself (Outlook Express). Clicking on a public folder will start bring down headers and then stop. No problem with MAPI and OWA. Seems to be just IMAP ...

Where's the "Open from Document Connection" in Excel?

Preventing dupes created by hotmail sent items?
I've noticed every time i send a message using my hotmail account via outlook 2007, it saves a copy in the Sent Items folder under Personal Folder along with a copy in the sent items folder in the hotmail folders. How do i stop outlook from saving a copy in the personal sent items folder for hotmail ONLY. I still want sent messages from my pop3 accounts to be saved there. Regards, n Nibi <neebster@gmail.com> wrote: > I've noticed every time i send a message using my hotmail account via > outlook 2007, it saves a copy in the Sent Items folder under Personal > Folder al...

URGENT
Hi, I have outlook 2003. For a while now it will not sync with my hotmail account properly. it downloads all my emails up to about September 2009 and then nothing after that. Does any one know how to fix this? Thanks Gavin Gav wrote: > I have outlook 2003. For a while now it will not sync with my hotmail > account properly. it downloads all my emails up to about September 2009 and > then nothing after that. Does any one know how to fix this? A just how long is "awhile"? Half a year, maybe? Cutoff for DAV access to Hotmail ended on September 1, 20...

Wide Area connection to SQL server 2008 Express via broadband
I have a Vb6 application that connects to SQL server 2008 Express (installed on a Windows XP box connected to a router); currently the application connects to the server and remains connected until the user closes the application (the application disconnects from the server on close). This has been working great for a long time within the local area network. Now, the user of the application opened another office in another state and would like to install the application on local machines but have the machines in the new office connect to the database in the (head) office where...

Problem with connecting automatically
I have a little problem with my Outlook. When I start the program it doesn't connect automatically anymore, I have to wait for about a minute. I've tried to change the setting in Tools>Option (General tab/Send recieve mail) but with no luck. ...

How do I delete a single page among many connected pages in Publis
I work with documents typically imported from Word. Occasionally I need to delete a single page without changing the formatting on subsequent pages. When I simply use Edit/Delete Page all of the original text from Word is apparently in the overflow area because it is not visible. Text Boxes and pictures that I inserted into the Publisher document after importing the main document from Word do not seem to be affected. ...

Connect to (wrong) bank
I set up online services to the wrong institution and my instituion does NOT provide online services. From the Online Service Manager, I have clicked "change financial instution", picked "(Not Listed)" from the list box but it does not remove it. I have gone to "Change account details->Update contact info for bank or broker", filled in the correct infomation, clicked "Go to..." and it worked. Still, from the account page when I click "Connect to bank->Go to <account> Web site", I go to the wrong web site. How do I remove t...

wlm hotmail
Hello From france, english not evident..... windows 7, windows live mail and hotmail with messenger I asked to my wlmail to use contacts from hotmail worked perfectly bur now every time I try to access hotmail through windows live messenger, I am redirected to windows live mail how to regain access to hotmail ? Thanks -- Asinus asinum fricat To access Hotmail via the webmail interface: Open your browser (probably Internet Explorer). Navigate to mail.live.com, and sign into your Hotmail account. "AlainPasDeSpam" <AlainPasDeSpam@mandarine.fr> wrote i...

Remote sites connectivity
Hi, We are using Great Plains v7, and a Citrix server, with Dial-up (standard)connection for the remote users. as the standard dial-up is very slow, we are looking for better options, and what would be the best option * ADSL * Leased Lines i would like to know your feedback, there would be around 5/6 users connecting to the system from the remote site Thanks Sajid Saeed Sajid Depends on your company connectivty needs. ASDL is cheap and easy to install: but you need to be aware that if you go for a 1MB download speed- the upload speed will only be 128KB. All ADSL upload speed is 128KB....

Hotmail's server error: responded "redirect"
I have a Hotmail account that I configured with Outlook 2003 to synchronize/download, but almost everytime it gives me the following error: Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed. The server responded 'Redirect'. ' What can I do to solve the problem? JC Portillo ...

Retreiving hotmail with outlook
Does anyone knows how to fix this: When I receive an email that is about 250K or more in my Hotmail Inbox I cannot retreive it using Outlook. There is always an error "contacting the server" ...

Best way to connect two locations with Microsoft POS
The end user has SBS and POS in one location, and wants to add four systems to a second location. What is the best practices architecture for this environment? ...

Could not connect to SMTP svr & Svr found but doesn't respond
This problem started very recently; External users with Outlook POP3 accounts can receive but can NOT send email. They get this error: "Task '<acct name> - Sending' reported error 0x80042109: Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server..." In the account properties, when I click on the "Test Account Settings..." button, it fails at 2 tasks; "Send Test Email Message" and "Find Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)" The "Send Test Email Message" error is: "The specified server was found, but there was no r...

PGP SDK not connecting
I have my Act database linked to Outlook for group emails. When I push the button to send a group email, I get the message, "Cannot establish connection with the PGP SDK service". The email does not send. What do I do? Thanks. ...