Hotmail accts stopped working?

My Hotmail accts stopped working in Outlook Express 6 and regular Outlook
(XP first, then I upgraded to 2003 beta 2) about a month ago.
OE says "Authorization Required" but the password is definitely correct
since I access the accts daily via the web on the same machine.

Maybe something screwed up in the registry or possibly an encryption DLL...
anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

--

----------------------------------
To follow the path:

that is the entire error...

I'm having the same problem, I can check my hotmail online but password is
not authenticated on neither OE nor Outlook

"PA Bear" <PABear@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Post the entire error message.
> --
> HTH...Please post back to this thread
>
> ~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> Aaron_TekRecycle.com wrote:
> >> My Hotmail accts stopped working in Outlook Express 6 and regular
> >> Outlook (XP first, then I upgraded to 2003 beta 2) about a month ago.
> >> OE says "Authorization Required" but the password is definitely
> >> correct since I access the accts daily via the web on the same
> >> machine.

Hi All,
I had the same problem for months and I did lots of research. I came
up with that my password in hotmail account was included both
uppercase and lowercase.
OE dosen't like it. So I change my password and I used all lowercase
and it's working perfectly!
/Dorsa

"SpaceWalker" <spacewalker69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<eWCXrkgcDHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> that is the entire error...
>
> I'm having the same problem, I can check my hotmail online but password is
> not authenticated on neither OE nor Outlook
>

> "PA Bear" <PABear@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Post the entire error message.
> > --
> > HTH...Please post back to this thread
> >
> > ~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

0
dorsa_kh (1)

Outlook 2000 password doesn't work... :-(
In Outlook 2000, I set a password for my personal folder ..pst file. But... this password is never asked for - I can start Outlook and go to the personal folder without having to enter this password. However, if I want to change the password, I DO HAVE TO enter the password, so Outlook somehow seems to know about this password. Strange... Is there some option or registry entry I have to change to "activate" password protection? Thanks for any hints! Thomas ...

Starting/Stopping a function with Button Control
I'd like to be able to start and stop the running of a function on the action of some button controls... unfortunately, the function I'd like to start is in a seperate class from the GUI/API class. What would be the best way to do this? I thought of perhaps creating an array class that would house a single Boolean value which would be added on the action of the button controls (True for Start, False for Stop). Then I would be able to use a simple call from the function for the Boolean value to know wether to proceed or return. I'm not sure if this is just a hack and there are bette...

IsNull code not working in report
Ok I have a dbase with 5 tables I need to print reports for each table but since there are many null values I need to hide them (and their Labels as well). I used the following code If IsNull(Me.Field1) Then Me.Field1.Visible = False Me.label1.Visible = False Else Me.Field1.Visible = True Me.label1.Visible = True End If It does not work. Most of the fields are text fields. The Canshrink/Cangrow var is True The following code works for the forms.. but not the reports... I read rellevant threads but still no luck! Any help will be greatly appreciated! ...

Working with Excel 2003 from a Visual C++ program
I am quite new to programming. Despite that I have to write a C++ program that opens an .xls workbook, selects a specified worksheet and puts data in specified cells of the worksheet. I have found a document in the Internet that describes how to use the Excel COM model. Based on this I created a program that is able o open a specified .xls workbook and put data in specified cells in the active sheet. However I do not know how to select a specified worksheet so that I do not put the data in the worksheet that ust happens to be active when opening the workbook. How to do that? H...

hotmail contacts in hotmail
I've imported my contacts from hotmail to outlook,,,I go to do a email and they don't show up if I click the to or cc or bc buttons but if I move to contacts they are there. Please advise on a seperate note the ms tool for verifying product key in the help section is broke. for fun I ran it on 4 new computers i got thru hp and all 4 times the verify tool didn't find the key and when I imputed the key it couldn't locate it...so either MS is trying to make some additional money or the tool is broke....to take it one more step further I ran it on 2 other older c...

RMS mysteriously stops tendering- help!
We're trying to install RMS on some new machines and the tender function mysteriously stops working not long after it installs. We use Mercury's TPI software (which continues to work on older installations) and it will work for the first couple of test transactions, but inevitably fails not long after. It throws no errors; nothing in RMS, its log, SQL, or even the Event Viewer. We just click... and nothing. There is no consistency between Windows versions (XP SP2, SP3, Vista) except for the persistence of the error. We're desperate! Anyone encountered this before? did you...

Outlook Connector (v12) -NOW- Hotmail Connector (v14) ?
It apears that the legacy OUTLOOK CONNECTOR "OC" has been superceded by HOTMAIL CONNECTOR "HC" (V14.0 4/20/2010) to incorporate Outlook 2010 integration etc. 32bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f 64bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8a31fbf4-f4bf-4751-954b-5b36d80ec375 Microsoft did a dirty on users of this plugin by forcing us to a bugged upgrade process and at least one user of the new HC claimed that it is 'c...

Action message needed on certain GL accts used in Payables trx's
We would like to have a pop-up action message within the payables module that is tied to certain GL accounts, i.e. if Acct # 123-456-78 is used, a box comes up and says "Send soft copy of this vendor invoice to the CFO" (or other important message). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

RegisterHotKey does not work when registering Alt+... or Shift+...
Hello The problem is quite bizarre. RegisterHotKey registers simple keys like F2,F3,F4, key combinations like Alt+Ctrl+F3 or Alt+Shift+F3 and they all work just fine (my application receives the appropriate message). But when I register in example Alt+F6 the RegisterHotKey returns a result different from zero (success) however the hot key does not work (the WM_HOTKEY does not come at all). Maybe it has something to do with regional settings or these kay combinations are reserved? Janusz > Hello > > The problem is quite bizarre. RegisterHotKey registers simple keys like > F2,F...

"collecting data via email" when recipient uses Hotmail or Yahoo
I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to my Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p. 304. I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I try the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based email recipient. Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and Yahoo? Our school would benefit gre...

How do you select acct to display in calendar
My wife and I are new to Money (using Money 2002). We have set up a couple of bank accounts (personal and business) but when we go to Calendar, it shows the bills and deposits on our personal account. How do we switch it to show the bills and deposits on our business account instead? Many thanks. ...

Hotmail account will not function within Outlook 2002
When I try to use my Hotmail account in Outlook 2002 I receive timeouts errors that state: There may be server or network problems or your timeout interval may be too short. also Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' My Pop3 accounts work just fine. Please help... are you using a firewall or proxy server? what about antivirus software with email scanning enabled? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://...

Hotmail ID
Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before you can use WLM? TIA B.W. No. Not necessary. "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message news:6018CBE5-A24B-4E52-BCFA-D46E7C7E753F@microsoft.com... > Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before > you can use WLM? > > TIA > > B.W. Hi, B.W. No, you don't have to have a Hotmail Account. I don't have one. You don't have to have any email account at all to run WLM - but since email is WLM's prime purpos...

How I calculating working days
Hi I need calculating how many working days (Mo - Fr) has past from une date to another if tony start in 01/01/2008 an finish in 22/08/2008 = 179 working days Tks >if tony start in 01/01/2008 an finish in 22/08/2008 >= 179 working days I think the correct answer is 169 Try one of these: A1 = start date B1 = end date This formula requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed: =NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1) Or this one: =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&B1)),2)<6)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Centauro" <Centauro@discussions.microsoft.c...

How do I get this formula to work?
OK this may be a long discription but hopefully you will understand it. I work on attendance, inputing students hours, this is how the spread sheet is set up On the left of the sheet are the names of the students 1-80 rows, on the top are the days in months from june 6th till now going across from left to right, directly below the month colums are the spaces for the days to input the total hours, directly to the right of that info going from top to bottom left to right are the total hours, scheduled hours and percent attended. The total hours and percent attended have their own formula...

Will it work ?
Is there a way to run Money Plus on Linux Speculation: in a VM running Windows? There's always GnuCash. "desgnr" wrote: > Is there a way to run Money Plus on Linux ...

Outlook 2003 Mapi is not working with Exchange 2003.
Hi I installed windows 2003 server and Exchange server 2003 in our windows 2000 server based domain. After installing exchange 2003 Outlook 2000 / XP clients work fine with it. But outlook 2003 clients not working. Outlook 2003 cannot resolve server or user name, And I m not abele to confiner as mapi client. Its work as Imap4 or pop3 clients in Outlook 2003. I install forest prep and domain prep in suggested location. And I have problem with offline address book in exchange 2003. Please guide me how can I solved this problem. Mustafa Jambu Run EXBPA. Possibly Exchange has blocked Outlook ...

Can I stop Outlook from deleting emails from server
I can set Outlook Express to leave messages on the server for a set time. Can I do this with Outlook. At present it downloads and deletes. Version of Outlook is? The setting is usually in the Advanced tab for the properties of that account. For Outlook 2007: Tools | Account Settings ...select the account then Change then More Settings then Advanced tab .. "leave a copy of the messages on the server" How you get there varies with the version of outlook. "Gordon D" <Gordon D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FD52C2D-17DC-4D8F-A99E-DC59DDE7F362@...

Outlook 2010 & Hotmail connector
I recently installed the 2010 RTM version of Office and was told I needed to update the Outlook Connector for my hotmail account. I noticed after the update (version 14) that I'm getting the new message ding and desktop alert preview window for messages that arrive in my hotmail account (with exchange being my primary). This was not how it used to be and I'm wondering if there is a way to turn it off? I'm guessing the majority of people will like this feature but I don't need to be notified all the time mail comes into my secondary hotmail account. Thanks ...

Exchange to Hotmail
I have a Exchange 2003 box running, with appropriate IP addresses and Pointer Records out on the internet. When I send emails to a Hotmail account, say myaddress@hotmail.com, some of the emails go through, while some don't. For example: Message 1: (This message DOES NOT get through to the hotmail recipient) From: myaddress@exchangeserver.com To: myaddress@hotmail.com Subject: 2212 Body: test Message 2: (This message DOES get through to the hotmail recipient) From: myaddress@exchangeserver.com To: myaddress@hotmail.com Subject: Test Message 3 Body: Test Message 3 -----Urspr´┐Żngliche N...

Difference between Dates doesnt work
I am trying to find out the difference between two dates. I want it i number of years, they are all actually between 1 to 5 years only. Do I need to keep the dates in a particular format? I have 26-May-2004 format. However, i have changed that too and used 26/05/2004 and used *=DATEDIF(B2;C2;"y")* function but it still doesnt work. I am using WinNT 97. Please help. Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! You might try =YEAR(A2)-YEAR(A1) formatted as a number with 0 d.p. A1 and A2 hold dates. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com No ...

Send/Receive function stops working...?
Howdy, I run OL2000 with Win2K Pro. Often (perhaps twice a day) the send/receive button stops working. Specifically, on clicking the button, its look changes as if properly functioning, but then nothing further happens. The same is true if I attempt to launch a send/receive cycle from the menu. I cannot just send either. Re-booting solves the problem every time. What might this be about, and is there a solution? Sincere thanks, -- Kenneth If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS." ...

Functions not working
I have been trying to use "format", Date(), "Mid", "Left"..etc. in a query. It gives me an error Undefined Function. Could some tell me what to do to fix this problem. Open a module (Cntrl G) in your db. In the tools menu select "References" You will likely find that one of the checked references has the word "Missing" placed in front of it. Make note of the reference like "Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library". Uncheck the reference. navigate down the list to the missing reference name; check it and your problem sho...

Preventing dupes created by hotmail sent items?
I've noticed every time i send a message using my hotmail account via outlook 2007, it saves a copy in the Sent Items folder under Personal Folder along with a copy in the sent items folder in the hotmail folders. How do i stop outlook from saving a copy in the personal sent items folder for hotmail ONLY. I still want sent messages from my pop3 accounts to be saved there. Regards, n Nibi <neebster@gmail.com> wrote: > I've noticed every time i send a message using my hotmail account via > outlook 2007, it saves a copy in the Sent Items folder under Personal > Folder al...

Access 2003 Stops Working
When I try to Compact and Repair my 2003 db, running under Vista Home Premium, Access stops working nearly every time. Could this be a compatibility issue? James Access pops up a message box saying it has stopped working. It then states it's finding a solution online. "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message news:A4A28EB5-048F-4131-B51E-E67B2ACCFB1F@microsoft.com... > what do you mean by 'stops working'? > > "JamesJ" wrote: > >> When I try to Compact and Repair my 2003 db, >> running under Vista Home Premium, Acces...