Hotmail account will not function within Outlook 2002

When I try to use my Hotmail account in Outlook 2002 I
receive timeouts errors that state:

There may be server or network problems or your timeout
interval may be too short.

also

Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.'
reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while
communicating with the server.'

My Pop3 accounts work just fine.

Please help...

are you using a firewall or proxy server? what about antivirus software with
email scanning enabled?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"Scott Christenson" <scottchristenson123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I try to use my Hotmail account in Outlook 2002 I
> receive timeouts errors that state:
>
> There may be server or network problems or your timeout
> interval may be too short.
>
> also
>
> Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.'
> reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while
> communicating with the server.'
>
> My Pop3 accounts work just fine.
>
> Please help...

0
dianenws (1904)

Outlook XP not downloading new messages
Hi, I am running Windows XP with Outlook XP. I have properly set up a pop3 account in Outlook, and have been able to send/receive messages. I currently have the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" option checked. I do not want a copy of the messages left on the server, though. However, when I uncheck the box, Outlook will not download new messages. When I do a send/receive, it says receiving 0 of X messages, but never progresses. So it can see that there are new messages, it just never downloads them. As soon as I re-check "Leave a copy of messages on the server", th...

Is Outlook 2007 dependent on Outlook Express
Hello, I've been using my computer for months with no problems (and the email client I use is Outlook 2007 - not Express). Recently, though, Outlook Express has reared its ugly head - constantly giving me a dialog box asking me if I want to back up old email items. I don't understand where this comes from, since I haven't been using this application and this behavior is something that seems to have started out of the blue, on its own. I've run virus and antispyware scans (from like 3 different programs for it) and come up clean. The best option I can see is ju...

Starting/Stopping a function with Button Control
I'd like to be able to start and stop the running of a function on the action of some button controls... unfortunately, the function I'd like to start is in a seperate class from the GUI/API class. What would be the best way to do this? I thought of perhaps creating an array class that would house a single Boolean value which would be added on the action of the button controls (True for Start, False for Stop). Then I would be able to use a simple call from the function for the Boolean value to know wether to proceed or return. I'm not sure if this is just a hack and there are bette...

default account for forwarding according to a rule
I have a number of accounts set up, and have a number of rules set up to forward messages depending on which account the messages were received from .. I'd like to always use my default account to send messages, but outlook 2000 seems to insist on using the account the message was receieved thru... Is there a way of forcing the default account to be used ? ...

Account in cdn but recivables in us
My recivables account is in us and my bank is in cdn. I want my recivables to be in canadian so i can revive pmts for my invoices, But i dont know how to change it. I have set base currency at cdn but it wont change the recivables info -- Crash ...

Outlook and Web calendar syncing
I don't know if such thing exists. There are some asp or asp.net calendars out there which you can include in your web site. What I want to do is have my Outlook users be able to sync their Outlook calendars with their hosted calendars. So I am assuming they need to have an Outlook add-in which "talks" with the web calendar using http post or a web service. I am a developer and I can program in asp or asp.net but I know very little about Outlook's object model and how to program add-ins. Is there source code or tutorials or samples on how to program Outlook add-ons? Also ...

hotmail contacts in hotmail
I've imported my contacts from hotmail to outlook,,,I go to do a email and they don't show up if I click the to or cc or bc buttons but if I move to contacts they are there. Please advise on a seperate note the ms tool for verifying product key in the help section is broke. for fun I ran it on 4 new computers i got thru hp and all 4 times the verify tool didn't find the key and when I imputed the key it couldn't locate it...so either MS is trying to make some additional money or the tool is broke....to take it one more step further I ran it on 2 other older c...

Outlook-programmatically generating a new mail with images embedded in the message body
Hi, We need to call MS Outlook (2000 or later) from our Java application to generate a new email, with images embedded in the body of the email. The user then edits it further, or clicks send, to send it via outlook the normal way. We're using a java wrapper to invoke Outlook, and so far have succeeded in launching a new email with images attached to it. Is there a way to programmatically embed the images within the body of the mail itself? We came across suggestions like using MAPI calls (which are registered in cdo.dll). However, cdo.dll was not found on our own systems, where we have O...

Outlook Connector (v12) -NOW- Hotmail Connector (v14) ?
It apears that the legacy OUTLOOK CONNECTOR "OC" has been superceded by HOTMAIL CONNECTOR "HC" (V14.0 4/20/2010) to incorporate Outlook 2010 integration etc. 32bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f 64bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8a31fbf4-f4bf-4751-954b-5b36d80ec375 Microsoft did a dirty on users of this plugin by forcing us to a bugged upgrade process and at least one user of the new HC claimed that it is 'c...

how to completely uninstall outlook 2000
Dear Everybody, Would anyone could tell me how to completely uninstall outlook 2000 with all setting and registry? Thank you very much! Walter Iether from yr origonal installation cd or within the add/remove programs dialogue This is supposed to remove all, including registry entries. However you may wish to also run a registry cleaner app. I've used this JV power Tools- do so with care - http://www.macecraft.com/ Or even manually edit the registry, if yr bold; ensure you have backup before doing so and are aware of the procedure for recovering a registry. David "Walter" &l...

Function's Names
I�m strongly disagree because Excel use different function names in his spanish version. Monologue? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Diego Arciniegas" <pepito@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OgxRxdH1DHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I�m strongly disagree because Excel use different function names in his > spanish version. > > Diego, Go here: http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/mvp/MVPPage.asp#JanKarelPieterse Download this: xlMenuFunDict.zip http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=xlMenuFunDict.zip xlMenuFunDict.zip (29 Jan 2003, 810k, 5172 downloads) Int...

Opening multiple accounts in Outlook 2003
Assuming I have account A as major mailbox and account B as additional. Back in Outlook 2000, when browsing emails of account B and delete emails, they go into the [Deleted Items] folder of account A, no problem in that, I can still drag-n-drop the mails directly into the [Deleted Items] of account B and does not interferce account A at all. However in Outlook 2003, even when I drag the messages directly into [Deleted Items] folder of account B, they still ended up in that of account A. Any work around that we could resolve this? achen <achen2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Assuming I h...

"collecting data via email" when recipient uses Hotmail or Yahoo
I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to my Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p. 304. I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I try the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based email recipient. Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and Yahoo? Our school would benefit gre...

my own e-mail account
We have on e-mail address for our company, but I know there is a way that you can set up an e-mail account to where certain e-mails can be filtered to specific computers. For instance, if I am logged onto my computer and an e-mail is sent and addressed to me, it will be sent to my computer. I'm not sure how to set this up though. help ...

Sum IF function on timesheets
I am designing a timesheet to total hours people work each day into standard and overtime hours. Users put the following variables into a sheet: Project worked on, day of the week, number of hours. Often people will work on more than one project each day. I want to auto calculate the number of hours in total for monday - sunday with the first total being the standard number of hours in total on the day (7.5) and the 2nd being the total above 7.5 ie overtime worked. So Joe Bloggs works Mon Project 1, 3.5 hours, Project 2, 4 hours and Project 3, 2 hours. He has worked 9.5 hours in the day. ...

Outlook Express #96
Is it possible to archieve my email messages from outlook express to a separate directory other than a folder? I would like to back up the emails to a CD. Thanks "mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:054f01c3b951$0a6c38e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to archieve my email messages from outlook > express to a separate directory other than a folder? I > would like to back up the emails to a CD. > > Thanks Umm "directory" is another name for "folder" http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm A t...

Hotmail account will not function within Outlook 2002
When I try to use my Hotmail account in Outlook 2002 I receive timeouts errors that state: There may be server or network problems or your timeout interval may be too short. also Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' My Pop3 accounts work just fine. Please help... are you using a firewall or proxy server? what about antivirus software with email scanning enabled? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://...

Hotmail ID
Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before you can use WLM? TIA B.W. No. Not necessary. "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message news:6018CBE5-A24B-4E52-BCFA-D46E7C7E753F@microsoft.com... > Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before > you can use WLM? > > TIA > > B.W. Hi, B.W. No, you don't have to have a Hotmail Account. I don't have one. You don't have to have any email account at all to run WLM - but since email is WLM's prime purpos...

account distribution error
For some reason, when an invoice is paid completely by a credit memo, we receive an error on the computer checks posting journal that "account not found" for Purchase disc available. However, when I look up the invoice in Payables Distribution Zoom, I see that there is an account coded for Purchases Discount Available. Can someone tell me why this would be happening?? This makes no sense to me. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Barb ...

Open vb application from outlook shared folder.
Hi, The application I intend to built will use a shared calendar to store appointments of multiple users. It needs to have an interface custom interface to add and remove appointments according to a set of business rules. I have been considering using vb. as an interface which users start from within outlook. Prefer to use vb rather than outlook forms. Need ideas on the way to present users with options for the vb app. Was considering using a html page set to the home page of a shared folder to display buttons for different app options. The issue from this approach is starting the vb app...

Outlook 2010 & Hotmail connector
I recently installed the 2010 RTM version of Office and was told I needed to update the Outlook Connector for my hotmail account. I noticed after the update (version 14) that I'm getting the new message ding and desktop alert preview window for messages that arrive in my hotmail account (with exchange being my primary). This was not how it used to be and I'm wondering if there is a way to turn it off? I'm guessing the majority of people will like this feature but I don't need to be notified all the time mail comes into my secondary hotmail account. Thanks ...

Outlook Printing problems...
I am trying to print my Outlook calendar & contacts to a HP duplex printers (HP 9000 mfp & Hp4100 mfp) the face page is correct however the back page is upside down. The printer driver is forcing the flip option. What can be done to fix this probnlem? Contact HP Support? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, JCR3 asked: | I am trying to print my Outlook calendar & co...

Show account in telephone form
Hi, I want to dispay the accountname in a telephone form when the contact is choosing. can i do this with a on change function and can someone give me a example. Kind regards Maarten Kievit ...

Outlook Disconnect Notice
Using Outlook 2003 for email, with SBS 2003, Microsoft Exchange Server. Suddenly no email, send or receive since 11/30/04, notice in bottom right corner of Outlook "disconnect". I can not seem to connect to mail server. Did I download a hotfix or update that disrupted this? I have run systemworks, lavasoft, diskclean, defrag,antivirus, etc. I have internet connection, just not the email. Any suggestions would be welcomed!, Thanks Sandy What happens when you use file, connect [to mail server] or uncheck file, work offline? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Tea...

Outlook 2003 Mapi is not working with Exchange 2003.
Hi I installed windows 2003 server and Exchange server 2003 in our windows 2000 server based domain. After installing exchange 2003 Outlook 2000 / XP clients work fine with it. But outlook 2003 clients not working. Outlook 2003 cannot resolve server or user name, And I m not abele to confiner as mapi client. Its work as Imap4 or pop3 clients in Outlook 2003. I install forest prep and domain prep in suggested location. And I have problem with offline address book in exchange 2003. Please guide me how can I solved this problem. Mustafa Jambu Run EXBPA. Possibly Exchange has blocked Outlook ...