Hotmail Account #4

Can I create a Hotmail-account in Outlook 2007, like in Outlook Express?

Greeetzzzz,

Henk.

0
spam3944 (2163)

"Henk Loosbroek" <NO*h*e*n*k*l*b*r*SPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can I create a Hotmail-account in Outlook 2007, like in Outlook Express?
>
> Greeetzzzz,
>
> Henk.

NO, the only MS product for hotmail (FREE) is Windows Live Mail Desktop
http://ideas.live.com,

this MS outlook plugin for MSN Hotmail
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=aa0ad3b0-e1a4-4990-a2be-dde78fed0709&DisplayLang=en
works only for MSN Premium, not for the free Hotmail version.

Peter

> Can I create a Hotmail-account in Outlook 2007, like in Outlook
> Express?
>
> Greeetzzzz,
>
> Henk.

Found the answer already: only with a PLUS-account . . . :-(

Greeetzzzz,

Henk.

0
spam3944 (2163)
4/18/2007 3:28:36 PM
Henk Loosbroek <NO*h*e*n*k*l*b*r*SPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Can I create a Hotmail-account in Outlook 2007, like in Outlook
> Express?

Perhaps.  If your Hotmail account works for you when using Outlook Express,
it may work when using Outlook as well, but MSN typically doesn't allow
connection to Hotmail via either Outlook or Outlook Express unless you pay
for the privilege.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/18/2007 3:30:55 PM
Not unless you have a paid PLUS account.

OR

You have one of the grandfathered Hotmail accounts from the days before
2004. I have one and use my hotmail on Outlook 2007...

"Henk Loosbroek" <NO*h*e*n*k*l*b*r*SPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can I create a Hotmail-account in Outlook 2007, like in Outlook Express?
>
> Greeetzzzz,
>
> Henk.

0
tibelian (16)
4/21/2007 4:15:10 AM
"Tibelian" <tibelian@aim.com> wrote in message
> Not unless you have a paid PLUS account.
>
> OR
>
> You have one of the grandfathered Hotmail accounts from the days before
> 2004. I have one and use my hotmail on Outlook 2007...

I have one too, but it's not letting me use it with Outlook 2007!

Did you have to do anything special to get it working?

0
nospam7515 (2086)
4/27/2007 11:14:52 PM
Reese <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> I have one too, but it's not letting me use it with Outlook 2007!
>
> Did you have to do anything special to get it working?

I'm the the same boat you are.  Hotmail works in Outlook 2003 but not in
Outlook 2007.  I have the appropriate IE patch (KB904942).
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/29/2007 6:52:36 PM
Do you have the Outlook Connector?

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Brian Tillman asked:

| Reese <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
|=20
|| I have one too, but it's not letting me use it with Outlook 2007!
||=20
|| Did you have to do anything special to get it working?
|=20
| I'm the the same boat you are.  Hotmail works in Outlook 2003 but not
| in Outlook 2007.  I have the appropriate IE patch (KB904942).
0
MillyS (3228)
4/29/2007 8:02:50 PM
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org>
wrote:

> Do you have the Outlook Connector?

I was using Outlook 2002 and 2003 without it (two different PCs).  After
installing Outlook 2007 on one (the one running Outlook 2002), my Hormail
account there wouldn't work, displaying "Task 'My Account - Sending'
reported error *0x80004005*:  Outlook's request to the server failed.  The
server responded 'Redirected'".  I then downloaded and installed the
connector.  That didn't work, either.  I also tried a new mail profile, but
that didn't work.  The Hotmail account on the Outlook 2003 system continues
to work.

Now, I saw a message posted in this or another of the Outlook newsgroups
about modifying the URL of the server Outlook supplies, but I can't find the
correct Google incantation to find it again.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/30/2007 11:47:27 AM
In news:uSYhm1xiHHA.4844@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
Brian Tillman <tillman1952@yahoo.com> typed:

> I was using Outlook 2002 and 2003 without it (two different PCs).  After
> installing Outlook 2007 on one (the one running Outlook 2002), my Hormail
> account there wouldn't work, displaying "Task 'My Account - Sending'
> reported error *0x80004005*:  Outlook's request to the server failed.  The
> server responded 'Redirected'".  I then downloaded and installed the
> connector.  That didn't work, either.  I also tried a new mail profile,
> but that didn't work.  The Hotmail account on the Outlook 2003 system
> continues to work.

Since I have 90 days of support, I decided to get Microsoft to help me.
During our investigation, we discovered that resetting the browser zones to
their defaults cured the problem.  It's clear (to me, at any rate) that
Outlook 2007 uses some zone setting differently than does Outlook 2002 or
2003, since I didn't change zone settings when installing OL 2007.  I told
MS they could mark the case resolved, but the technician said he'd continue
to research the settings to see if he can discover which of the many
settings was doing the blocking.  I'll probably experiment as well and see
which setting might be the culprit.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

How do I change the contents of a 4-page spread to a single page?
I have an invitation that was set-up to a 4 page spread, and I would like to fit all of the contents on one page instead of a small section of a 4-page layout. Is this a folded card setup? If so, it is already on one page (letter or A5). -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Miles" <Miles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7279D8DE-BE2D-445B-B817-5AA06F6718FE@microsoft.com... >I have an invitation that was set-up to a 4 page spread, and I would like to > fit all of the contents on one p...

default account for forwarding according to a rule
I have a number of accounts set up, and have a number of rules set up to forward messages depending on which account the messages were received from .. I'd like to always use my default account to send messages, but outlook 2000 seems to insist on using the account the message was receieved thru... Is there a way of forcing the default account to be used ? ...

hotmail contacts in hotmail
I've imported my contacts from hotmail to outlook,,,I go to do a email and they don't show up if I click the to or cc or bc buttons but if I move to contacts they are there. Please advise on a seperate note the ms tool for verifying product key in the help section is broke. for fun I ran it on 4 new computers i got thru hp and all 4 times the verify tool didn't find the key and when I imputed the key it couldn't locate it...so either MS is trying to make some additional money or the tool is broke....to take it one more step further I ran it on 2 other older c...

Account in cdn but recivables in us
My recivables account is in us and my bank is in cdn. I want my recivables to be in canadian so i can revive pmts for my invoices, But i dont know how to change it. I have set base currency at cdn but it wont change the recivables info -- Crash ...

Outlook Connector (v12) -NOW- Hotmail Connector (v14) ?
It apears that the legacy OUTLOOK CONNECTOR "OC" has been superceded by HOTMAIL CONNECTOR "HC" (V14.0 4/20/2010) to incorporate Outlook 2010 integration etc. 32bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f 64bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8a31fbf4-f4bf-4751-954b-5b36d80ec375 Microsoft did a dirty on users of this plugin by forcing us to a bugged upgrade process and at least one user of the new HC claimed that it is 'c...

Opening multiple accounts in Outlook 2003
Assuming I have account A as major mailbox and account B as additional. Back in Outlook 2000, when browsing emails of account B and delete emails, they go into the [Deleted Items] folder of account A, no problem in that, I can still drag-n-drop the mails directly into the [Deleted Items] of account B and does not interferce account A at all. However in Outlook 2003, even when I drag the messages directly into [Deleted Items] folder of account B, they still ended up in that of account A. Any work around that we could resolve this? achen <achen2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Assuming I h...

Inactive records in the "Look up records" dialogue (CRM 4.0)
Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates in my CRM system. These have all been deactivated (but not merged) until they can be evaluated and deleted. Unfortunately, when I use "Advanced find" and use account name as a criteria, *all* accounts show up in the "Look up records" dialogue box - regardless of status. Is there any way to ensure only active accounts show up in this dialogue box? On Dec 4, 2:29=A0am, "maria.elmv...@gmail.com" <maria.elmv...@gmail.com> wrote: > Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates...

Need help on mail merge with 4 up postcards Avery 3380
I just upgraded from Office 2000/Win XP to Office 2007/Win Vista 64 Ultimate. I had previously created postcards using Publisher and a mailing list (datsource) using Word and everything was fine in Publisher 2000. The Avery postcard stock is titled 3380 (or use template 8387) and is 4 up using landscape print. I have a deskjet 6840 that I can manually duplex on. When I try to do this on Publisher 2007, I select File-Print Merge and Multiple pages per sheet. It seems to know it's 4 up, that is on one side of the paper there are 4 printable areas, but it prints on one side: <front>...

"collecting data via email" when recipient uses Hotmail or Yahoo
I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to my Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p. 304. I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I try the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based email recipient. Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and Yahoo? Our school would benefit gre...

my own e-mail account
We have on e-mail address for our company, but I know there is a way that you can set up an e-mail account to where certain e-mails can be filtered to specific computers. For instance, if I am logged onto my computer and an e-mail is sent and addressed to me, it will be sent to my computer. I'm not sure how to set this up though. help ...

Hotmail account will not function within Outlook 2002
When I try to use my Hotmail account in Outlook 2002 I receive timeouts errors that state: There may be server or network problems or your timeout interval may be too short. also Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' My Pop3 accounts work just fine. Please help... are you using a firewall or proxy server? what about antivirus software with email scanning enabled? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://...

Hotmail ID
Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before you can use WLM? TIA B.W. No. Not necessary. "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message news:6018CBE5-A24B-4E52-BCFA-D46E7C7E753F@microsoft.com... > Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before > you can use WLM? > > TIA > > B.W. Hi, B.W. No, you don't have to have a Hotmail Account. I don't have one. You don't have to have any email account at all to run WLM - but since email is WLM's prime purpos...

account distribution error
For some reason, when an invoice is paid completely by a credit memo, we receive an error on the computer checks posting journal that "account not found" for Purchase disc available. However, when I look up the invoice in Payables Distribution Zoom, I see that there is an account coded for Purchases Discount Available. Can someone tell me why this would be happening?? This makes no sense to me. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Barb ...

Outlook 2010 & Hotmail connector
I recently installed the 2010 RTM version of Office and was told I needed to update the Outlook Connector for my hotmail account. I noticed after the update (version 14) that I'm getting the new message ding and desktop alert preview window for messages that arrive in my hotmail account (with exchange being my primary). This was not how it used to be and I'm wondering if there is a way to turn it off? I'm guessing the majority of people will like this feature but I don't need to be notified all the time mail comes into my secondary hotmail account. Thanks ...

Show account in telephone form
Hi, I want to dispay the accountname in a telephone form when the contact is choosing. can i do this with a on change function and can someone give me a example. Kind regards Maarten Kievit ...

custom buttons #4
is there a way to take a custom macro shift f? key like meat dept. and make it a custom button that stays on the right side of the screen all the time? if so please be let me know how this is done. thanks for your time KPJ, Make an item that has meat for the dept. In manager Custom buttons, use Internal command for style, and in the command line put : "PerformAddItem 0, xxxxx, x, 0, 0 ,0 ,0" xxxxx = the item lookup code, and x = quantity of the item. Don't worry about the other 0's, and don't use the quotation marks. What you put in the caption field will be put on ...

balance account
When I balance the account I may have 75-100 checks to clear. It is a PITA to clear each one individually. Is there a way to "clear all" and then proceed with balancing the account? TIA for any words of wisdom. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: > >When I balance the account I may have 75-100 checks to clear. It is a >PITA to clear each one individually. Is there a way to "clear all" and >then proceed with balancing the account? Try holding the space bar down, or use space bar plus down-arrow to be more selective. Poking the space bar can also toggle an ...

Exchange to Hotmail
I have a Exchange 2003 box running, with appropriate IP addresses and Pointer Records out on the internet. When I send emails to a Hotmail account, say myaddress@hotmail.com, some of the emails go through, while some don't. For example: Message 1: (This message DOES NOT get through to the hotmail recipient) From: myaddress@exchangeserver.com To: myaddress@hotmail.com Subject: 2212 Body: test Message 2: (This message DOES get through to the hotmail recipient) From: myaddress@exchangeserver.com To: myaddress@hotmail.com Subject: Test Message 3 Body: Test Message 3 -----Urspr´┐Żngliche N...

Administrator Email Account HUGE
On my exchange 2003 server (sp1), enterpeise ed. our Administrator email box is BY FAR the largest in the company. It has over 2 Million Email messages in it. I want to delete all the messages in this mailbox, and clean it out. What is the easiest way to do it (and safest). There is nothing in there that I want to keep. Please Inform. Thank you. -- Network Administrator Simon Paston & Sons Agency Delete mailbox, run mailbox cleanup, purge mailbox, then recreate. Else log in to mailbox and delete messages (would probably take a lot longer). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenpr...

Fixed Asset Account Distributions
Hello: When you first save an asset without having the Auto Add Book Info box checked, you have to click "Save" in the asset's book window in order to see the account distributions. Does that mean that you have to do hit the Save button not just to see the account distributions but to have those accounts posted to as well? What I'm getting at concerns the importing of new assets through the Import/Export Tool. You have to have the Auto Add Book info box unchecked before importing. So, does this Save button in the Book window have to be clicked subsequently after im...

Named Printers #4
I want to use Named Printers for PA Purchase Order Entry. However, when I choose Project from the Task Series drop-down, nothing is showing up. What could be the problem? -Hari ------=_NextPart_0001_6AC20EE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In this list, "Project" doesn't mean Project Accounting, that is just the series. Any application/module can put themselves in this list in any location- however it would seem the perfect location for Project Accounting report. Looking at my list, this also is empty for me as well. Briefly looking a PA sourc...

analytical accounting #8
with dynamics GP 9.0 we "as partner" and with existence of MDA. We still have some clients running the system with integration with other operational systems and MDA is used in this integration to analyze the information from a specific aspect. it is completely unknown for me how such integration will run in version 10.0 without MDA and without integration manager for AA. we have lots of clients with the same case!!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the...

export outlook express emails to an account within outlook 2003
Hi The situation is as follows : I have got two different accounts within outlook express mailto:admin@forum.com and mailto:operations@froum.com On outlook 2003 I have got 3 other different accounts ( two of them are alreday existing : mailto:allen@isp.com.sg, and mailto:jallen@jaycar.com.sg ) and the third one will be mailto:operations@froum.com I created a folder withing outlook 2003 and I named it "InboxForImportedOperation" I would like to move messages for ( mailto:operations@forum.com) account that are categorized into folders (24 folder with different names) wit...

New Money file and multiple accounts
I have just bought money 2006, since I've had some issues with my 2005 file I decided to start all over. So I downloaded from multiple bank accts. money import files. Here's the issue, I have a checking and a savings acct, different banks, I've transferred money between these two accts many times. These transfers show up in the downloaded files, but are not linked between the two accts. So the withdraw from one shows as an expense, and the deposit to the other shows as income. other than changing the category, which causes a second trans action to appear in the other acct, ...

Preventing dupes created by hotmail sent items?
I've noticed every time i send a message using my hotmail account via outlook 2007, it saves a copy in the Sent Items folder under Personal Folder along with a copy in the sent items folder in the hotmail folders. How do i stop outlook from saving a copy in the personal sent items folder for hotmail ONLY. I still want sent messages from my pop3 accounts to be saved there. Regards, n Nibi <neebster@gmail.com> wrote: > I've noticed every time i send a message using my hotmail account via > outlook 2007, it saves a copy in the Sent Items folder under Personal > Folder al...