Hot to shift Outlook 2003 to new machine

I've built a new box and want to start replicating my setop from my old
machine.

As I use Outlook 2003 heavily, how do I transfer everything messages, tasks,
rules etc from the old to the new machine???

Your advice would be appreciated

Scooter

The Help Files have you covered. Only one error in them: do NOT copy you
previous PST file to the default directory. Copy them anywhere else you
want, but not there because you'll overwrite the PST file Outlook creates
for itself:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx

More information here:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> I've built a new box and want to start replicating my setop from my old
> machine.
>
> As I use Outlook 2003 heavily, how do I transfer everything messages,
> tasks, rules etc from the old to the new machine???
>
> Your advice would be appreciated
>
> Scooter

0
russval1 (2100)
12/9/2005 11:38:14 AM
Thanks for the advice

Scooter

> The Help Files have you covered. Only one error in them: do NOT copy you
> previous PST file to the default directory. Copy them anywhere else you
> want, but not there because you'll overwrite the PST file Outlook creates
> for itself:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx
>
> More information here:
> http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
>> I've built a new box and want to start replicating my setop from my old
>> machine.
>>
>> As I use Outlook 2003 heavily, how do I transfer everything messages,
>> tasks, rules etc from the old to the new machine???
>>
>> Your advice would be appreciated
>>
>> Scooter

PrimoPDF
PrimoPDF users, FYI Version 4.1.0.11 is now available. http://download.cnet.com/PrimoPDF/3000-10743_4-10264577.html?part=rb-watchlist&tag=watchmail_sc_name -- Don - PDF-XChange Pro�/PDF-XChange Viewer Pro� Vancouver, USA Thank you Don :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message news:eKydnWgxcsNCt5nXnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@posted.palinacquisition... > > PrimoPDF users, FYI > > Version 4.1.0.11 is now available. > > http...

Outlook #253
Hi can anyone help with the matter of outlook not sending and receiving email but will work on outlook express. I ahve just installed the new version of Office 2003 and it has been proprly authorised and everything. Completely stuck wiht this so any help would be appreciated. Many thanks How did you setup email account on Outlook 2003? Did you use Import email account settings from outlookexpress under outlook 2003 menu > File > import and Export? If you setup manualy make sure youre settings are right. If you use Import wizard, make sure your all security software are disabled,...

Microsoft outlook 2003 keep wanting to install "MS outlook feature"
There is one machine that it keeps prompting me to install "MS outlook 2003 feature" when i started my outlook after each after each computer power shutdown. once it got installed (with full admin rights, they're fine but when you turn the computer off and then restart it back up, it prompts you for the original installer file (the .msi file) this user is running MS office 97 except for outlook which is 2003. ideas/thoughts? ...

outlook 2002 deletes attatchment
i assume there is a security setting that deletes these attatchments. however evn attatchments that come form friends which i need are deleted. can anyine help? thanks For help with controlling access to blocked attachments in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1a9001c47c01$8d6cdd30$a601280a@phx.gbl, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > i assume ...

Cannot shift objects of sheet
Dear All "Cannot shift objects of sheet" Can anybody please explain what this error message means. it appears when i try to hide some blank rows. what could be the reason & what are these things which are termed as "objects" in excel. Regards NC Take a look at this article http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=170081 XL97: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "NC" <nnchoudhari@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1112081346.926115.105630@o13g2000cwo.googleg...

Outlook 2000 error #10
I am getting the following error "OUTLOOK.exe has generated eorros and will shut down. You need to restart OUTLOOK". This happens within about 2 minutes of starting outlook unless I start typing right away and keep typing. ...

customize outlook #2
I can not open customize outlook. Itried the suggestion in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 820575. It did not help. Any suggestions. Nothing happens when you click on Customize Outlook Today,=20 even after changing the DWORD value as suggested in the=20 article. >-----Original Message----- >What errors are you getting? What is not working? Be=20 specific. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20 intact. > > >After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer >Jeb Bankert <jebesq@bankertpc....

Tasks for Outlook
Looking for add-in program that allows use of predefined list of scheduled activities/tasks for Outlook. Two years ago I found a program called either calendarpro or procalendar that was originally developed for law offices to keep track of court/filing dates and activities There's a link to a program called CalendarPro at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm, but the site doesn't look too promising as far as actually having that file anymore. However, there are some other solutions listed on that Slipstick page that might interest you. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outloo...

Outlook with multiple users
New Outlook user. Trying to set up with multiple users and having each users emails private and secure. Cannot find how to set this up. Need step by step set up of this if it can be done. Please indicate the version of outlook you are using. Will these users be logging into the computer using their own credentials or Do they all share one user account? "Barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b8401c49cf5$595eeb90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > New Outlook user. Trying to set up with multiple users > and having each users emails private and s...

Running CRM Outlook client on a terminal server
I have installed the Outlook CRM client on the TS in install mode as administrator. The problem is that only the administrator has the addins. I can't get other users to also access the CRM addins to Outlook. Given that all our users are on terminals, this is essential for us to use CRM properly. Regards Mark Dutton Hi Mark, You have to install the Outlook for CRM client personally for that user to get hands on the CRM client. Correct me if I'm wrong here - somebody. Monika >-----Original Message----- >I have installed the Outlook CRM client on the TS in >install...

Why does Outlook 2007 not retain my email password?
I have just installed a trial version of Office 2007 Small Business, I have entered in all the settings for my email, but for some reason it won't retain my password, even after I've ticked "Save Password". Then as the scheduled "Send & Receive" takes place, I continuously keep being prompted to enter my "Network Password", if I don't enter this in, I don't received my emails. I have been entering in my email password, & repeatedly ticking "Save Password", but it just doesn't what to remember it. I have tried ...

Finding Outlook Address Book to restore?
I did a full backup of a laptop and then reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled Win98 and my Office 2000 software. I am not sure where to look on the backup files in order to pull the address book and email folders back in. Can anyone give me a guick pointer on where to look? Thanks Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread....

Deploying A2007 app (on Office 2003 machine)
A customer has office 2003 installed including Access 2003. He never uses Access 2003. If I want to deploy my A2007 app on his machine would it be best to: - remove A2003, and - install A2007 runtime, to prevent the configuration screen from popping up? Another question: is it good practice to use the Package Solution Wizard of the Developers Extensions? Or would you advice another solution for that? Thanks, Lars If you removed A2003 and he uses it to modify databases, he won't be too happy with you putting in the A2007 run time. My vote would be to upgrade him...

Outlook #99
I have gotten Outlook Express on my computer somehow and I want it off. I can send no messages and open no attachments. When I open an email it cuts the internet off. I want Outlook Only. Thank You, Sybil Jenkins jenk3@swbell.net I have this same stupid problem somebody help! Please ----- Sybil Jenkins wrote: ---- I have gotten Outlook Express on my computer somehow and I want it off. I can send no messages and open no attachments. When I open an email it cuts the internet off. I want Outlook Only Thank You Sybil Jenkin jenk...

Outlook Contact to CRM Lead
We're getting started with CRM and are looking for a way to load a contact, press a button that says convert to lead. We can't find anything like this but when we were looking at v1.2 it had this type of functionality. It would be nice to convert an email to a lead as well. Thanks, John Going from Contact to Lead is "backwards" as far as CRM is concerned. The Lead is unqualified, while the Contact has already been qualified. You actually convert Leads into Accounts/Contacts once they are qualified. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "NTBuddy" <ntbuddy@gm...

Outlook Freezes Up #3
When I open Outlook (MS Office 2003) it freezes up. Everything has been working perfectly until today. Did a couple of reboots & virus scan, no help. Had to ctrl/alt/delete to close the program which takes a painfully long time. IE, OE and everything else seems to work perfectly as well as the rest of the system (XP Home). Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks jlrosel <jlrosel@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > When I open Outlook (MS Office 2003) it freezes up. Everything has > been working perfectly until today. Did a couple of reboots & virus > scan, no help. Had to c...

Hot Fix
Okay, this is a silly question I understand, when I downloaded the latest hot fix, I unzipped the file and I have retail~1, 2, 3, and a ohotfix installer. What do I install? Please I need click by click here. -- Thank You,; Vince Vince wrote: > Okay, this is a silly question I understand, when I downloaded the latest hot > fix, I unzipped the file and I have retail~1, 2, 3, and a ohotfix installer. > What do I install? Please I need click by click here. hotfix installer? Do you can send me latest hotfix? I'm not a RMS customer or rms partner.. antonio Doubleclick on t...

Categories for a new car
I'm using Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe. I've added a new car to the Money home page, and associated a loan account with it. I'd like to know how to break out the sales tax that went along with the purchase, and any other tips you may offer. Thanks, Dave I think I need to write a FAQ on the subject. See if any of these threads get you closer, if not, post back specific questions. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/tree/browse_frm/thread/90e9528101dd1968/8f1f0ce9e306d1ac?rnum=1&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fmicrosoft.public.money%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2F90e9528101d...

Outlook 2000 and Hotmail?
Can I use Outlook 2000 for getting and sending hotmail on my home pc? (win xp). only if you use a 3rd party utility. search www.google.com for "outlook hotmail pop3" and you should find a few apps that will do it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "Greg&...

Public Folders in Outlook over the Internet
Is there a way to attach a public folder, like a calendar, into Outlook over the Internet, like you can with Sharepoint? Or do you have to do the entire process of making Exchange available over the Internet? (I already have an article on that). Tim Hello Tim, Thank you for posting here. I am afraid it is impossible to publish the public folder like calendar over internet. However, you may use one of the following workarounds to reach your aim. 1. Publish the Public Folder as a newsgroup. This allows people using Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) newsreaders (such as OE) to par...

Outlook vs Outlook Express #3
Everytime I click a hyperlink on an email message, my system opens outlook Express. I am currently using Office Outlook 2003 on an XP Pro system. How can I disable Outlook Express on this thing? Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs tab - ensure Outlook, not Express is the default for mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jenn asked: | Everytime I click a hyperlink...

Outlook 2K3 & Receipts
I have a question about read receipts. Sunday morning I recalled an email I had sent to mulitple people. I decided to add a bit more to the email, so I recalled it. On recall, I received a receipt stating I had a recall failure for this one recipient (none of the others). She was at church at the time. We sent a request to the server team to look into this as she feels someone is reading her email. They replied that Outlook 2k3 must have been open with the reading pane displayed. Is this possible? gardenia wrote: > I have a question about read receipts. > > Sunday morning...

Outlook 2007
I have access to multiple calendars within my office (all with access to view/create/edit/delete entries) and I would like to be able to email them out like I can my own however, when I select email calendar, the only one I get the option to mail is my own. Also, when I right click on the person's calendar, the Send via email link is grayed out and I cannot select it. Is there a way to enable this option so that when needed I can email their availability out in calendar format vs. having to type it out? Define Access. Do you have permissions on the calendars or are the m...

fax with outlook
can I fax somethig over the internet using outlook or another office application? I have no fax mahine and the recipient has no email. All depends on your operating system and Outlook version, neither of which you bothered to mention. Read for yourself: http://home.indy.rr.com/russval/fax.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "adamsarahj" <adamsarahj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00C8BC29-4427-4713-8EA1-29B9FA5B2D75@microsoft.com... > can I fax somethig over the internet using outlook or another office > application? > I have no fax mahine and th...

new mailbox store #2
Hi all I ahve created a new mailbox store on my Ex 2003 sp2 server. How do i move mailboxes from the original default mailbox store to my new mailbox store? and when i create new mailboxes how do i point these mailboxes to the new store? I am guessing i have the choice when creating the user in ADUC Thanks Correct on later. Move mailbox = right-click user -> Exchange Tasks | Move Mailbox. Select new store. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...