Highlighting text

I use Microsoft Outlook 2002 with Microsoft Word as my email editor. When I
set the email as plain text, I get a problem selecting text. If I click at
the end of a line, the whole line is highlighted rather than placing the
cursor at the end of the line. Is there a way around this?

0
asav (2)

What do your mouse properties show?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, ASA V asked:

| I use Microsoft Outlook 2002 with Microsoft Word as my email editor.
| When I set the email as plain text, I get a problem selecting text.
| If I click at the end of a line, the whole line is highlighted rather
| than placing the cursor at the end of the line. Is there a way around
| this?

0
MillyS (3228)
5/1/2005 10:05:12 PM
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> What do your mouse properties show?

I don't see anywhere in mouse properties that would solve this. Is there
something I'm missing?

0
asav (2)

Data from .txt file being read in as date, and should be text #2
I have a macro that reads in data from a .txt file. The data contains user IDs that consist of the first 4 letters of their name and 4 numbers. When names are read in that begin with MARCxxxx (ie MARC1234), excel is formating them as a date, and I lose the original data (even when I try to format them after the import, they are a number and the letters are not there. I've tried to format the column that they data read into before the import, but excel still imports them as a date. How can I make the import be read as text? Here is the code for the section I am reading in data for. Do Whi...

how do i add text to an imported image
I imported an image to word doc. I want to add text to it. The image is a blank scroll & I want to put words on it. Text box doesn't seem to be available. You could use a graphics editor. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "oceanside" <oceanside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF6FA27-3032-49E2-8029-36058CC1A822@microsoft.com... >I imported an image to word doc. I want to add text to it. The image is a > blank scroll & I want to put words on i...

Printing text box with hidden text
I'm looking for some help with a problem I'm having with a "drawing tools" text box. I have a form that contains a text box. The problem is when a user types into the text box and exceeds the box, they can continue to enter text past what appears on the displayed box. When the form is printed out, what ever was not displayed on screen is truncated. So, is it possible to limit the text box to be locked from scrolling? Or, is there a way to get Excel to print the entire contents of the text box? Thanks for any help on this quirky problem. Geoff Anyone else experience thi...

How do i make text see thru
I want my background picture to show thru the text, and i want the text the have a smoked glass look, is this possible clare I know how to make the text show through because I asked it here once, click on fill (up top) then "no fill". I use this a lot because otherwise the text box blocks something out or a part of it. As for smoked glass, I'm not sure with Publisher if they have this effect. I just tried it (and I'm still a newbie) I made a text box, wrote TEST on it, made the font grey. Then clicked fill- effects and tried some of the graduants which were in shades of ...

Compare and Highlight Rows
I have an excel file with two worksheets. is there a way to programatically compare the two worksheets to find matches and highlight those matches on each worksheet. They both have the same columns. I want to compare the InspectionID column. The Inspection ID column may have duplicates in both of the worksheets. I have never done anything in excel above the beginner level. However, I am a very skilled VBA programmer (programmed in ACCESS for over 10 years). Thank you You may find it easier to use Conditional formatting instead: For instance, with Sheet1 column A selected, and cel...

Keeping text together
How can i enter Brandi Marks and Joe Blow in a cell so that when i resize it the names never have the first name on one line and the last on another? I mean Brandi Marks would be treated as if there was no space but the blank acted as another character. Try a non-breaking space. Type the first name, then hold down <Alt>, and type 0160 *using* the numeric keypad, *not* the numbers under the function keys, then type the last name. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================...

highlighting #2
I was told that although that there is no official highlight button for publisher like there is for word but there are ways to get around it. I am using the 2003 version of publisher. does anyone know the trick. Make a small box and fill it with whatever color you want. Place it behind your text and then group it with your text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17aa701c4496a$65af12f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I was told that although that there is no official > highlight button for publish...

Change unbound text box in Report using VBA language from form
I'm wondering if it is possible to change the contents of an unbound text box in a Report by using VBA language from a Form. Here's what I'm trying to do: When the user clicks on an Open Report button, I would like the user to be able to choose if certain text is displayed on the report or not. Then the Report should open. The certain text I'm referring to is only saved in the VB code I've used in the Form that he Open Report button is on. I can send code or give specifics if necessary, but I was hoping that there was a simple solution that I was overlo...

Message converted to plain text
I converted to Outlook a couple of months ago from OE. Initially, I had no issues when receiving HTML messages, however lately there is a note specifying This message was converted to plain text. If I convert back to HTML, the hyper links don't work. How can I restore the settings to allow HTML? Thanks What folder are you looking in? That is standard for the Junk mail folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@list...

How show table text, not auto id number
I'm in my alumni database CONTACTS table. Within this table is STATE where I have the alumni's state listed. It shows the actual NAME of the state, not the auto id number associated with the particular state. I can't remember how I set this up to show the name, not id number. I have another one that I need to change, somehow, to show the NAME instead of just a random id number. Thanks. To show the state name instead of the number: 1. Open the table in design view. 2. Select the field. 3. In the lower pane of table design, on the Lookup tab, set the Display control to C...

highlight
Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can't work out how to set up a rule where the message is a different color for a certain sender as I did in O! - can anyone tell me? TIA You can set flags on messages from certain senders. You can set the color of the font used in the list view using Conditional Formatting: View menu > Arrange by > Current View > Customize Current View > Automatic Formatting "Daskarzine" <Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message news:3fab5eb8@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can&...

counting text
Hi, Is it possible to count the amount of cells with a specific text? For instance, if I have three cells with the code 'RTT', is it possible to count that there are three cells containing 'RTT'? Thanks a lot in advance! Marieke Try it like this... =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"RTT") Or, use a cell to hold the criteria: C1 = RTT =COUNTIF(A1:A10,C1) Adjust the range to suit. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "mariekek5" <mariekek5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CA4BF91-6E55-49AB-A86E-EC4CE16529DA@microsoft.co...

weird text symbols
When inserting bullets, my text is changed to symbols...help! You didn't give us a lot to go on, but my first guess is that the style that is applied to bulleted text (possibly List Paragraph) is formatted as a symbol font (Wingdings, Webdings, Symbol, etc.). Check the style, and if it's a strange font, modify the style to use your standard font. If that isn't it, post back with more information (what version of Word, how you're applying bullets, etc.). "EMAW 2010" wrote: > When inserting bullets, my text is changed to symbols...help! ...

Countif using cells formatted as text
Must be getting tired! I imported a column of values as text. All are 4 characters (year and month "9912", "9911" etc.). Trying to use a "CountIf" function where, for example, I want the count of items greater than "9501". I let Xl tell me how it wants the formula, i.e. I accept the correction to how I entered the conditional and it says; =COUNTIF(F2:F266,">""9501""") It returns a count of 265 (wrong). "=" works but anything else fails. I checked the help but nothing gives me a hint. -- Regards; Rob -------...

can't highlight cell
When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the cell or it's formula itself. Help! Tools>Options, Edit tab, check Edit directly in cell -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "MM" <MM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3883756F-29AC-482D-8205-F61892E8523D@microsoft.com... > When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. > Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the &...

Using the Text Formula
I have a range of cells that I want to apply the =LOWER function to but each time that I go to make the text lowercase the text disappears from the cell. I was wondering if someone could tell me what I was possibly doing wrong? capnhud, with the text you want to change in column A, in B1 put =LOWER(A1) and copy down -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "capnhud" <capnhud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Text highlighting in a TreeList?
Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possible to add some text highlighting to some of the lines, like changing the color, or making it bold? (There's no indication I can find in my Newcomer book that this is possible, but it's a 9 year old book.) Yes. Owner-draw/Custom-draw tree controls did not exist when I wrote that chapter of the book. Now you would handle the NM_CUSTOMDRAW notification and handle them otherwise like most owner-draw controls. joe On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:58:00 -0800, David Deley <deleyd@gte.net> wrote: >Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possib...

highlights
Hi all Can you help me and tell me if this is at all possible using conditional formatting or a formula I4 is to equal to b4 times c4. If d4 is not the same as i4 then d4 needs to highlight in red. However if d4 is a negative number then d4 should remain normal, not highlighted. Thank You Shorty, =AND(D4>=0, D4<>I4) -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Shorty" <Mysteryjim@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:i6I2e.8230$zl.6378@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > Hi all > > Can ...

highlight color using keyboard(shortcut)
Could you please tell me how to use keyboard (short cut) to highligh color for any cell or row in excell without moving a mouse to color ta in tool bar menue. Thank you for your help Vicki ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Fairly long key sequence to do it through the menu, rather impractical... my suggestion is to record a marco and assign it a keyboard shortcut. Nikos Y.(nyannaco at in dot gr) >-----Original Message----- > >Could you please ...

make it text in vlookup
I have a vlookup table like so: 234, 112 911, 999 260/1, 888 9W2, 777 .. etc.. The lookup works fine when there is text, ie. if I pass in "9W2", it returns 777 as expected. It does not work where there are only numbers eg. 234, it doesn't recognise that it should return 112. I have tried to make it treat it as text but nothing works. Lets see your formula. Vlookup doesn't care if it is text or a number. Using your example it works fine for me... I am guessing the lookup value does not match but may seem to look the same. Try somethi...

looking for range of text in a single cell
I just started a new job and my company already had a file with abou 16,000 records in it (called Products). This file contains all of th parts numbers that they carry. In this file there is one column calle "description". This cell contains the dimensions, color name and som other information such as if the piece is flat or rounded. I hav another file that has about 400 records and this file tells me "colo name" as well as the "type" of stone that it is (called Stone_Type). What I am trying to do is add a field to the Products file that wil say stone type. ...

How to turn off highlighting??
After opening Excel (everytime) the first cell I select becomes an acho for a mass highlighted block. Regardless of where I take the cursor all of the cells within the range of travel become highlighted. Al soft keys are dead (so I can't activate help). Can not "ESC" out. Ca only Cntl-Alt-Del and close program from the task manager. Does anyone have an idea what I can do to turn this off -- rsbfit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rsbfitz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3530 View this threa...

Conditionally highlight cells or ...
:confused: Hi, Could anyone help me with this problem? Here is th table: Apple Banana Orange Pear 15 45 20 335 85 65 44 77 11 787 88 936 I want to either to be able to 1)use a function to return the name o the fruit containing the lowest level in each raw, so for first row i would return "Apple", sedond row would return "Orange", etc. Can an of you help me writing this function? 2) or if possible, i'd like t highlight the cell in each row that contains the lowest value, so fo first row, cell containing 15 will be highlighted. Can anybody help m with that? Thank...

How can I highlight every other group of data?
I have a spreadsheet with about 4000 lines of data. The lines are grouped by an unique identifier. One unique identifier has several lines that go with it. I wanted to use a conditional format to highlight every other group of data. For example: 1 1 2 2 3 3 Is there a way to highlight both of the 1's and skip the 2's and then highlight the 3's or is this just a task to do by hand? Assuming your identifiers are numeric and each row of the group has the same identifier Select the rows you wish to format Format/Conditional Formatting Formula is: =MOD($A1,2)=0 then set your f...

changing the text of error messages
hi there, is there a way to change the text of an error message in MS CRM? Some of them are simply confusing for the user and I'd like to make them more understandable. I have no language pack installed and only need one language. Any ideas? Regards, Ludger ...