highlight

Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can't work out how to set up a
rule where the message is a different color for a certain sender as I did in
O! - can anyone tell me?

TIA

0
Daskarzine (18)

You can set flags on messages from certain senders.

You can set the color of the font used in the list view using Conditional
Formatting: View menu > Arrange by > Current View > Customize Current View >
Automatic Formatting

"Daskarzine" <Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message
> Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can't work out how to set up
> rule where the message is a different color for a certain sender as I did
in
> O! - can anyone tell me?

0
vince8328 (2732)
11/7/2003 11:39:24 AM
Thank you, works great!

"Daskarzine" <Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message
> Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can't work out how to set up
> rule where the message is a different color for a certain sender as I did
in
> O! - can anyone tell me?
>
> TIA

0
Daskarzine (18)

Compare and Highlight Rows
I have an excel file with two worksheets. is there a way to programatically compare the two worksheets to find matches and highlight those matches on each worksheet. They both have the same columns. I want to compare the InspectionID column. The Inspection ID column may have duplicates in both of the worksheets. I have never done anything in excel above the beginner level. However, I am a very skilled VBA programmer (programmed in ACCESS for over 10 years). Thank you You may find it easier to use Conditional formatting instead: For instance, with Sheet1 column A selected, and cel...

highlighting #2
I was told that although that there is no official highlight button for publisher like there is for word but there are ways to get around it. I am using the 2003 version of publisher. does anyone know the trick. Make a small box and fill it with whatever color you want. Place it behind your text and then group it with your text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17aa701c4496a$65af12f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I was told that although that there is no official > highlight button for publish...

highlight
Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can't work out how to set up a rule where the message is a different color for a certain sender as I did in O! - can anyone tell me? TIA You can set flags on messages from certain senders. You can set the color of the font used in the list view using Conditional Formatting: View menu > Arrange by > Current View > Customize Current View > Automatic Formatting "Daskarzine" <Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message news:3fab5eb8@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can&...

can't highlight cell
When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the cell or it's formula itself. Help! Tools>Options, Edit tab, check Edit directly in cell -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "MM" <MM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3883756F-29AC-482D-8205-F61892E8523D@microsoft.com... > When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. > Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the &...

Text highlighting in a TreeList?
Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possible to add some text highlighting to some of the lines, like changing the color, or making it bold? (There's no indication I can find in my Newcomer book that this is possible, but it's a 9 year old book.) Yes. Owner-draw/Custom-draw tree controls did not exist when I wrote that chapter of the book. Now you would handle the NM_CUSTOMDRAW notification and handle them otherwise like most owner-draw controls. joe On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:58:00 -0800, David Deley <deleyd@gte.net> wrote: >Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possib...

highlight color using keyboard(shortcut)
Could you please tell me how to use keyboard (short cut) to highligh color for any cell or row in excell without moving a mouse to color ta in tool bar menue. Thank you for your help Vicki ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Fairly long key sequence to do it through the menu, rather impractical... my suggestion is to record a marco and assign it a keyboard shortcut. Nikos Y.(nyannaco at in dot gr) >-----Original Message----- > >Could you please ...

How to turn off highlighting??
After opening Excel (everytime) the first cell I select becomes an acho for a mass highlighted block. Regardless of where I take the cursor all of the cells within the range of travel become highlighted. Al soft keys are dead (so I can't activate help). Can not "ESC" out. Ca only Cntl-Alt-Del and close program from the task manager. Does anyone have an idea what I can do to turn this off -- rsbfit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rsbfitz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3530 View this threa...

highlights
Hi all Can you help me and tell me if this is at all possible using conditional formatting or a formula I4 is to equal to b4 times c4. If d4 is not the same as i4 then d4 needs to highlight in red. However if d4 is a negative number then d4 should remain normal, not highlighted. Thank You Shorty, =AND(D4>=0, D4<>I4) -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Shorty" <Mysteryjim@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:i6I2e.8230$zl.6378@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > Hi all > > Can ...

Conditionally highlight cells or ...
:confused: Hi, Could anyone help me with this problem? Here is th table: Apple Banana Orange Pear 15 45 20 335 85 65 44 77 11 787 88 936 I want to either to be able to 1)use a function to return the name o the fruit containing the lowest level in each raw, so for first row i would return "Apple", sedond row would return "Orange", etc. Can an of you help me writing this function? 2) or if possible, i'd like t highlight the cell in each row that contains the lowest value, so fo first row, cell containing 15 will be highlighted. Can anybody help m with that? Thank...

How can I highlight every other group of data?
I have a spreadsheet with about 4000 lines of data. The lines are grouped by an unique identifier. One unique identifier has several lines that go with it. I wanted to use a conditional format to highlight every other group of data. For example: 1 1 2 2 3 3 Is there a way to highlight both of the 1's and skip the 2's and then highlight the 3's or is this just a task to do by hand? Assuming your identifiers are numeric and each row of the group has the same identifier Select the rows you wish to format Format/Conditional Formatting Formula is: =MOD($A1,2)=0 then set your f...

Is there any Excel trick to highlight a bunch of rows and then make it as if I had used the control button to highlight them all?
The Visible cells only control works great for making it possible to ditch the "control" button while highlighting rows. But what if you have within these rows 3 or 4 times when the rows are contiguous? This is happening to me. Each row in my subtotaled spreadsheet needs to be separately highlighted as if I had used the control button on all the rows. I then use a border button on these rows. This works great when the rows are discontinuous ...I'm only highlighting "total" rows on my subtotaled spreadsheet, but one example where there is no disconnect between a tot...

Highlight a cell if time for task is over one hour
Hi I would like to be able to highlight a cell to show if a start time in column a and a finish time in column f was over 1 hour. The highlighted cell could be the finish time cell or a cell next to it. Any help would be great. Thankyou Time format I have in cells is hh:mm cheers Use conditional formatting with a formula of =(F2-A2)>=--"01:00" -- HTH Bob "Steve M" <SteveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E709F1D2-6681-493D-9D70-5D886D09502E@microsoft.com... > Hi > I would like to be able to highlight a cel...

highlight
I would like to write a formula that highlights the entire row of information when one cell is populated. Is there a way to do that? I know under conditional formatting you can change one cell when information is populated. However, this is limited to one cell. Unless, I have missed something. Please help. right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>save 'McCurdy.Here is something inspired by Don Guillett. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim MyRng As Range Set MyRng = Target.EntireRow Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo end1 Applic...

Conditional formatting and Highlighting Day Range
Hi - I was hoping someone could help. Here's what I have. Cell range D1:T1. each cell in range has a specific date. I want to highlight the date(s) in the range that fall within the next 7 days from today. I was thinking this was fairly simple, however I can't seem to figure it out. I can come close using the conditional formatting options, but it's not right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Shaun Select D1:T1 starting from D1 (that way D1 would be the active cell), then do format>conditional formatting, select formula is and use =AND(D1<=TODAY()+7,D...

Highlight Row Based On Condition-So close
I currently have the below to highlight the cell based on a condition of comparing a date in column (I) and if it's greater than 90 days past then highlight the cell - what I need to do is highlight the row from columns A-J, any idea's? This has to be programmed and if there is a better structure then I am open to it. Sub MarkThem() Range("I1").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlCellValue, Operator:=xlLessEqual, _ Formula1:="=NOW()-90" Selection.FormatConditions(Sele...

VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies??
VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies?? I saw your post yesterday. I have no idea if I can help, (OE is my area), but I have no idea what VLM is. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message news:4drTn.126101$Ny7.53578@hurricane... > VLM highlighting my new posts but not replies?? "Vista Live Mail" (i maybe should said Windows) - anyhow discovered the problem for those with similar issue There is indeed a conflict between Tools>Options>Read>Highli...

Un-highlight the root HITEM of a TreeCtrl
MSVC 6.0 win 2000 I can't seem to find the correct settings, parameters for the task. My objective is that once opened the new CTreeView's Root Item will not be Highlighted or Selected. "Steve S" <SSerrell@WAGSTAFF.com> wrote in message news:etJ5QXWeEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl > I can't seem to find the correct settings, parameters for the task. > My objective is that once opened the new CTreeView's Root Item will > not be Highlighted or Selected. Handle TVN_SELCHANGING notification, cancel the operation if the root is about to be selected. -- ...

Need undo a highlighted spreadsheet where there's no white area.
My spreadsheet is entirely highlighted with NO white space to click on; how can I undo the highlight without losing anything from my spreadsheet? Excel 2007 You mean all the cells are selected? Simply select any cell to de-select. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:52:04 -0700, marySko <marySko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My spreadsheet is entirely highlighted with NO white space to click on; how >can I >undo the highlight without losing anything from my spreadsheet? Excel 2007 ...

Highlight Rows
Is there a way to program an expression close to... If cell in column E equals string of text "Pending", select entire row and change background color/patern to yellow? Hi, Conditional formatting. Select the row(s) to which this applies then Format|Conditional format - Select 'Formula is' from the dropdown and enter the formula =$E2="Pending" Click Format and on the 'Pattern' tab and choose yellow. OK Note that you should change the 2 to the top row of your selection -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt th...

Highlighted cells
I am adding a string of several cells. When I would cick on the cell had my forumula in it would put a color highlight around each cel that was used in my formula. It is about 50 + cells now and when click in the formula cell nothing is highlighted . How do I get th cells in my formula to be highlighted when i click in the cell with m formula? thank -- layou ----------------------------------------------------------------------- layout's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3773 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=5739...

Highlight a Cell
Is there a way to conditional-format a cell with a fill color based on whether or not another cell in the same spreadsheet is being selected via the mouse or the up/down arrows? In other words: Is there a way to turn say cell E1 yellow by merely selecting (with my mouse or with the keyboard arrows) cell A1 without having to enter anything in A1? I realize that there is a way to conditional-format E1 based on the contents of A1 and that is not what I would like to achieve. This is probably not possible, but I thought I'd give it a try... Thanks. --- Tiziano Tiziano, You can do it us...

how do I turn off highlighter ?
I'm new to One Note and i don't know how to turn off highlighter when I'm done using it, please help. Sonjia wrote: > I'm new to One Note and i don't know how to turn off highlighter when > I'm done using it, please help. I assume you are talking about the highlighter pen (not highlighting marked text). If so: (a) Click on the pen icon again, or (b) click on the icon for typing ("A" with the susor). Rainald ...

VLM is highlighting my own posts but not highlighting replies ???
VLM is highlighting my own posts but not highlighting replies ...

Highlighting specific dates in a graph e
I have a 2d line graph with 2 series of data graphed against a time axis. I need to highlight points on both series at specific dates with the date data from another sheet. Excel 2000. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How will you highlight the points? If you want to place a line (like a gridline) at a given date, try a combination of these two techniques: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryGridlines.html If you want a label on the appropriate points, use formulas to put the labels into cells in a range ...

Find and Highlight
I have two sheets called Sheet1 and Sheet2 in WKBK Each sheet has only one column (column A) with content. I want to be able to compare both sheets to see if the content in their respective Column A match. If there is a number in Sheet2 that doesn't match the number in Sheet1, then I want to highlight with yellow those cells in Sheet2. For example here is the content of both workbooks: Sheet1 Sheet2 23 66 15 23 66 19 ...