hide my name

When replying to an email or creating one from scratch how do i hide my name
in the "from" field...thx

fred <fdbjrgetridofthis@wowway.com> wrote:

> When replying to an email or creating one from scratch how do i hide
> my name in the "from" field...thx

Are you saying you want the reply to be anonymous?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

fred wrote:

> "Brian Tillman" wrote ...
>>
>>> When replying to an email or creating one from scratch how do i hide
>>> my name in the "from" field...thx
>>
>> Are you saying you want the reply to be anonymous?
>
> no, I don't mind if my email is revealed.. just my name. I have tried by
> removing it from the "User Name:" field in the email account but it
> continues to show up. I have also removed from the header information in the
> actual email but is is still there. I should probably mention I am using a
> number of email acounts in Outlook. also I'm using Outlook 2003 sp3

If Exchange is your mail server, your company can put whatever headers
they want in your outbound e-mails.  They want you identified because
you are their representative in the e-mail.  Talk to your Exchange
admins after contriving your arguments as to why you don't want a name
for the account through which you are sending e-mails.
0
V4521 (722)
4/22/2008 4:42:48 PM
im a one man show here so im the guy to talk to...haha...but i don't know
how to do what u are talking about..

fred wrote:

> "VanguardLH" wrote ...
>
>> fred wrote:
>>>
>>> no, I don't mind if my email is revealed.. just my name. I have
>>> tried by removing it from the "User Name:" field in the email
>>> account but it continues to show up. I have also removed from the
>>> header information in the actual email but is is still there. I
>>> should probably mention I am using a number of email acounts in
>>> Outlook. also I'm using Outlook 2003 sp3
>>
>> If Exchange is your mail server, your company can put whatever
>> headers they want in your outbound e-mails.  They want you
>> identified because you are their representative in the e-mail.  Talk
>> to your Exchange admins after contriving your arguments as to why
>> you don't want a name for the account through which you are sending
>> e-mails.
>
> im a one man show here so im the guy to talk to...haha...but i don't
> know how to do what u are talking about..

You didn't describe your e-mail setup, like to what type of e-mail
server to which you connect.  So guessing that you couldn't change your
e-mail credentials because of using Exchange was one guess.  Queries
lacking details get unfocused responses.

I would've said to blank out the Name field in the e-mail account
defined in Outlook but you said that you already tried that.  What
happens when you put a non-blank string in the Name field but which is
different than what has been showing up when it was previously blank?

Are you sending your your ISP's SMTP mail host, or some free e-mail
service, like Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.?  You might want to check your
server-side settings on your account by using the webmail interface to
your account.  Then go check what you specified for your name there.  If
you send through their service (rather than using your ISP's mail host)
then maybe they are forcing the outbound e-mails to have whatever name
you configured in your account with them.  Again, I'm guessing because I
don't know to whom you connect or what type of e-mail service (POP,
IMAP, HTTP, Exchange).
0
V4521 (722)
4/23/2008 2:32:54 AM
fred <fdbgetridofthis@wowway.com> wrote:

> no, I don't mind if my email is revealed.. just my name. I have tried
> by removing it from the "User Name:" field in the email account but it
> continues to show up.

The "Your Name" field is what you want.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

Send email using dynamic sender names
I just have one account configured in my outlook. Is it possible to send emails by different sender names (which should look like different senders are sending emails)? I don't want to add any more accounts. Receipents replying to these emails should come to the main configured inbox. Can this be done using outlook vba or anything else? Maxi <maheshchindarkar@gmail.com> wrote: > I just have one account configured in my outlook. Is it possible to > send emails by different sender names (which should look like > different senders are sending emails)? I don't want to add...

Once user is created in active directory, it cannot find name in o
I have recently had to create a new user in Active directory and for some time it has been working well but today it seems that I cannot link the new user to Outlook. It keeps coming up with an error saying that "the name could not be matched in the list" I have had this problem in the past but was told to update the recipient list, which I have done but it still does not seem to replicate. I know the account exists because it is in our distribution lists but not in the global list or when trying to link to the server. I understand that it may take time to replicate but I am...

Find Worksheet Name without On Error Resume Next
Is there a way to ensure a worksheet is in a workbook without using the On Error Resume Next statement? I have the name of the worksheet, now I want to search the workbook for that sheet, how do I do that? -- Cheers, Ryan Hi Ryan It can be done like this: Dim IsThere As Boolean TargetSh = "Sheet1" For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Sheets If sh.Name = TargetSh Then IsThere = True Exit For End If Next If IsThere Then MsgBox ("Is in the workbook") Else MsgBox ("Is not in the workbook") End If Regards, Per ...

Removing range names in formulae
If I have a spreadhseet with a lot of formulae that use range names (eg Apples + Pears + Oranges), is there a simple way to change all the range names back to the cell referencs to which they refer (eg B7 + A5 + C3? Thanks Jim Rech offered this solution: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=u3ZAo%23FmAHA.2048%40tkmsftngp03 Gary Baker wrote: > > If I have a spreadhseet with a lot of formulae that use > range names (eg Apples + Pears + Oranges), is there a > simple way to change all the range names back to the cell > referencs to which they refer (eg B7 + A5 + C3? > ...

Table Name
With VBA, How do you determine the table name of the current table? I am talking about the table name that is created when you select "Format as Table". Thanks. Mike H.;691644 Wrote: > With VBA, How do you determine the table name of the current table? I am > talking about the table name that is created when you select "Format as > Table". Thanks. Selection.listobject.name or Activecell.listobject.name -- p45cal *p45cal* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ p45cal's Profile: 558 Vie...

formula with sheet name change
My formula reads =Jones!K$20 There are five other formulas on the same row pertaining to the Jones sheet I 'd like to drag the above formula down so it will rename by subsequent sheets. i.e. =Stein!K$20 =Venegoni!K$20 =OHara!K$20 etc. Thanks -- Chi dara fine al gran dolore? L'ore. ...

automatic capitalize first letter of payee names
I just transferred from Quicken. I had it set to automatically capitalize payee names as I typed them. Is there a way to do it in Money 2004? No. "GB" <garyburkhardt@centurybt.com> wrote in message news:OZT4Yz1jDHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I just transferred from Quicken. I had it set to automatically capitalize > payee names as I typed them. Is there a way to do it in Money 2004? > > Type them correctly once. The next time you start to type, the field will autofill. When you tab to the next field cap and all will be as when you originally typed the...

How to figure out the name of Local Exchange Server
How can you figure out the name of the local Exchange Server without asking an Admin for that information. Can you do some command in the command prompt. Arthur.Sosin@ge.com (Arthur) wrote: >How can you figure out the name of the local Exchange Server without >asking an Admin for that information. Can you do some command in the >command prompt. How do you figure out the name of any other server? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Naming a range
I trying to setupa frontpage file that sends data from a form to microsoft excel file. Every time I try to do this I am told that the microsoft excel referenced by the DB connection does not containe a named range of cells and that the database driver does not recognise a databse table. I would be grateful if someone could inform hot to set-up a named range. Thanks Nick Read Hi Nick, > I would be grateful if someone could inform hot to set-up > a named range. > Select the range of cells that contains your data, choose Insert, name, define and enter a name, preferably &qu...

Excel name boxes
How do I change or delete a name in an Excel name box? (A name box is the white rectangle in the upper left corner of an Excel page that shows the cell address, e.g. Q143. You can change the 'name' of the cell from the cell address to a description, e.g. Sales-Other and click it from a drop down menu at the name box instead of scrolling to it.) You're referring to a named range. On the main menu, click >Insert >Name >Define. The full population of named ranges will show in the drop down: you can edit, delete, expand etc from that list. To change or delete a name: ...

Exchange 2003
We have two ladies that seem to randomly get emails that are not sent to them. Both of them have the employees that they replaced listed as the Directory Name with their correct name listed as display name. These are the only two people in the company having this issue and with having this in common, is it possible that this could cause the problem? If so, short of deleting and recreating the mailbox, is there an easier way to fix the directory name? thanks for any help/suggestions Are you sure tha they're not alternate recipients on some other account? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange ...

The name '_crmUIWorkflow' does not exist in the current context
Hi, I cannot open or create any workflow in a CRM 4.0 system. When I try to open or create one, I receive this error "The name '_crmUIWorkflow' does not exist in the current context". Error details are at the end of the text. Update Rollup 1 is installed on the system. When I uninstalled it, I could open the existing workflows, also create new ones. There is a smilar post on microsoft forum, but there is no clear solution for it. ( http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/a98cd3f0-4f4f-4ce4-aace-5bfd75f4c048 ) Does any one have an idea about the solution o...

Change SQL Server Name and Reporting Services Impact?
Folks: Need help ! I want to move my CRM 3.0 SQL Server 2000 Databases from SERVER1 to SERVER2 (no change in SQL version). In our environment the Reporting services is on different server. Will only copying the databases and restoring it on SERVER2 and then changing the server name using Deployment Manager work? Is there anything I need to do apart from restoring databases and copying the msdb crm jobs? Our Envirnonement: ------------------------- SERVER1 (Old Server) --------------------------- SQL Server Databases version 2000 - Organization_Name_MSCRM - Organization_Name_METABASE - ...

Name of UoM Scheudel
We have a lot of parts have same UoM, but different conversion factors. For example, 1 roll of 2"x4" label is 1000 EA, but 1 roll of 5"x6" label is 300 EA. Please let me know whether this is the best solution if I setup two UoM schedules for these two parts by using their own part numbers (2"x4" label and 5"x6" label) as the name of UoM scheduel. In this way, it will be easy to identify the which UoM schedule is for the parts. However, I will have a lots of UoM scheduels in the system; and if I want to know the cost on the item card, I will hav...

Change Directory Name in Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003
The directory name that appears in exmerge does not match the user account name and I would like to know how to change it. Another administrator created an account in Exchange 2003. The display name is Jane Smith, the login is jane@domain.org and the e-mail is janes@vera.org. When the account was created, the word test was put in one of those fields (which one I am no longer sure and it was changed after creation to the names above, although test@domain.org is still one of the e-mails for this user but not the default). When I use exmerge the directory name that appears for the accou...

Hide button from Template
I have a macro linked to a command button on an excel template. I'd like to have the button hidden (or deleted) on the new spreadsheet the user will save to another name. Not sure when you want the button deleted, but one way to delete it is: Worksheets("sheet1").OLEObjects("CommandButton1").Delete Chip Pearson has some instructions on how to remove code (or add code) on the fly. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm Have you thought of removing the code (and button) from your template and using another workbook for the code (maybe even a nice toolbar floating ov...

Index Outlook PST but hide results from Start Button?
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 Professional. I would like to index my Outlook PST so that I can use instant search from within Outlook, but I do not want the results to appear if I search using the Start Button (the Outlook file is personnal and password protected; the user account is for general use). Does anyone know a way to hide results from the Start Button search without removing the PST from the search index? Thanks, Nigel You can limit this via the Start Menu and Taskbar Group Policies on Windows itself. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] C...

When I search this group w/my user name nothing from 2010 comes up
Why aren't 2010 questions coming up in search? Try clicking on your own name, this opens your profile pop-up. In the pop-up, click on "Recent posts by this user". I just tried it and it displayed a couple of your 2010 posts somewhere further down in the listing. -- Max Singapore --- "Meenie" wrote: > Why aren't 2010 questions coming up in search? The web interface for this newsgroup doesn't work so well. You could access the newsgroup directly using a newsreader instead at this address news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.mi...

How to change user name and password in ODBC connection
My data is in sql2k server and my users access information or running report thru Microsoft Access 2003. Whenever they run the report, it gives them error. So they have to uncheck the trusted connection and enter sql username and password to get to the data. I do I configure and where should I change so user dont have you do this. It is irritation. I have one user name and password which is set for readonly in sql. I dont see any place that I can save this username and password. I would really appreciate if you kindly help me. Thanks ...

auto Name #2
I have a user that has Outlook 2003 connected to our Exchange 2003 (just like everybody else here) Her problem is that when she starts typing in a persons name, the auto complete doesn't pop up unless she has already sent that person an email that day. Yes, her setting in Outlook does say to use teh auto name feature. Any other ideas? That's a symptom of a corrupt profile. Create a new one. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:eFm2BnF8FHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have a user that has Outlook 2003 connected to ou...

Hide Formula & Allow Copy
Hi, I would like to know how to hide the formula & allow to users to copy the cell & get only the result (just like what past special does). I have tried “Protect Sheet”, when I protect the sheet a user can see the result (of the formula) but can't copy it because it is protected I didn’t find anything (or I missed) in the promotion’s list that allows users to copy or copy the result. When I remove the protection the user will have access on the formula (which I don’t want to). In short, I want the user to see the result of the formula & have the promotio...

Getting the entry of a Named Range
I have a Named Range called VERSION, in which I update every time I make a new version of the workbook. In my macro, I want to grab this value. ThisWorkbook.Names("VERSION").Value returns "=UPDATES!$D$16". How should I change that line to return the value which is Cell D16 on my UPDATES tab? -- TIA, Brad E. Brad, To get the value use MyVar = ThisWorkbook.Names("Version").RefersToRange -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering...

Range Names changing by themselves
I everyone, my problem is that I have many sheets (1 for each week of the year) an in each i have like 550 defined range. I need to acces these range for data compilation and everything seeme to be working fine until 4-5 weeks ago... now, the range names of the cells of one line is set to the line afte and the cells where the range name should be is set to nothing (well.. g55 for exemple... back to normal state) Exemple : (range1) = "g55 " (range2) = "what range1 sould be" (range3) = "is OK" and this problem appears to be random and append 1 or 2 times by ...

SBS VPN Oddity with Name Resolution
We host a number of intranet sites for employee use (not hosted on the SBS box itself - they're on member servers). Some are published, most are not. I've trained our laptop-using employees to use the "Connect to Small Business Server" VPN connection to reach our intranet-only websites when offsite. I haven't seen issues with users reaching the Internet-facing sites even when users switch back and forth between connecting and disconnecting the SBS VPN during a session. My boss recently informed me that he couldn't reach one of our published sites fr...

How to expand width of name/reference area in formula bar
Hi all... Does anyone know how to increase the width of the dropdown at the left end of the formula bar that displays the current reference and named ranges? Regards, Chris See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm for example code to do this. The code will expand the width of the dropdown when it is dropped down, not as it is displayed on the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Chris Kinata" <chris@kinata.com> wrote in message news:edJzQo3nFHA.3068@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi all...