hide my name

When replying to an email or creating one from scratch how do i hide my name
in the "from" field...thx

fred <fdbjrgetridofthis@wowway.com> wrote:

> When replying to an email or creating one from scratch how do i hide
> my name in the "from" field...thx

Are you saying you want the reply to be anonymous?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

fred wrote:

> "Brian Tillman" wrote ...
>>
>>> When replying to an email or creating one from scratch how do i hide
>>> my name in the "from" field...thx
>>
>> Are you saying you want the reply to be anonymous?
>
> no, I don't mind if my email is revealed.. just my name. I have tried by
> removing it from the "User Name:" field in the email account but it
> continues to show up. I have also removed from the header information in the
> actual email but is is still there. I should probably mention I am using a
> number of email acounts in Outlook. also I'm using Outlook 2003 sp3

If Exchange is your mail server, your company can put whatever headers
they want in your outbound e-mails.  They want you identified because
you are their representative in the e-mail.  Talk to your Exchange
admins after contriving your arguments as to why you don't want a name
for the account through which you are sending e-mails.
0
V4521 (722)
4/22/2008 4:42:48 PM
im a one man show here so im the guy to talk to...haha...but i don't know
how to do what u are talking about..

fred wrote:

> "VanguardLH" wrote ...
>
>> fred wrote:
>>>
>>> no, I don't mind if my email is revealed.. just my name. I have
>>> tried by removing it from the "User Name:" field in the email
>>> account but it continues to show up. I have also removed from the
>>> header information in the actual email but is is still there. I
>>> should probably mention I am using a number of email acounts in
>>> Outlook. also I'm using Outlook 2003 sp3
>>
>> If Exchange is your mail server, your company can put whatever
>> headers they want in your outbound e-mails.  They want you
>> identified because you are their representative in the e-mail.  Talk
>> to your Exchange admins after contriving your arguments as to why
>> you don't want a name for the account through which you are sending
>> e-mails.
>
> im a one man show here so im the guy to talk to...haha...but i don't
> know how to do what u are talking about..

You didn't describe your e-mail setup, like to what type of e-mail
server to which you connect.  So guessing that you couldn't change your
e-mail credentials because of using Exchange was one guess.  Queries
lacking details get unfocused responses.

I would've said to blank out the Name field in the e-mail account
defined in Outlook but you said that you already tried that.  What
happens when you put a non-blank string in the Name field but which is
different than what has been showing up when it was previously blank?

Are you sending your your ISP's SMTP mail host, or some free e-mail
service, like Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.?  You might want to check your
server-side settings on your account by using the webmail interface to
your account.  Then go check what you specified for your name there.  If
you send through their service (rather than using your ISP's mail host)
then maybe they are forcing the outbound e-mails to have whatever name
you configured in your account with them.  Again, I'm guessing because I
don't know to whom you connect or what type of e-mail service (POP,
IMAP, HTTP, Exchange).
0
V4521 (722)
4/23/2008 2:32:54 AM
fred <fdbgetridofthis@wowway.com> wrote:

> no, I don't mind if my email is revealed.. just my name. I have tried
> by removing it from the "User Name:" field in the email account but it
> continues to show up.

The "Your Name" field is what you want.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

hide my name

How to change the name of a style
I have used some styles and their nme is no longer descriptive. How do I change their name? Some are styles I created and some are built-in but I am not sure which is which I use word 2003. TIA/gary You can rename custom styles using the Organizer dialog box. To open the dialog, click Tools | Templates and Add-Ins, and then click the Organizer button. Built-in styles cannot be renamed, but you can add a style name alias: In the Modify Style dialog box, just enter a comma (or whatever is the list separator character for your operating system) and type in the alias. Wh...

Clever way to swap sheet names
I'm looking for a clever or efficient or cool way to swap the names of 2 sheets using just one function or subroutine call. Suppose my workbook contains one sheet that is named "foo" and the other is named "foo2". I would want my function call to swap the names of both sheets. If the function is called again, it should reverse the process. Everybody here always seem to have better or shorter methods than mine, so I would greatly appreciate your ideas. thank you everyone. Not much you can do cleverly I would have thought, but here is one way Pu...

Put Active Worksheet's Name in a Cell #3
Is there a way to put the active worksheet's name in the cell? Not the file name of the whole workbook, just the name of the currently selected sheet. Thanks for your help. Hi Corey, There are a few ways this can be done using either macros or functions, here's one of each: *=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1, LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))) (sourced from Chip Pearson's site, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelF.htm) I recommend checking this page out as it also shows ot...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Hiding a worksheet #3

Charts based on 'virtual' names
Hi all, Just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2007 (big jump!) and trying to fix the things that broke! I routinely make so-called "dynamic" charts in the traditional manner using ranges defined by formula which resolve to ranges of cells e.g. define 'Bias & Precision'!Samples as =OFFSET('Bias & Precision'!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA('Bias & Precision'!$A:$A)-1) I've had a couple of snags with these but it seems to still work as long as I watch the scope of the names. What seems to be very "broken" is the use of names which do not resolve...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Formula for Worsheet Name
What is the formula that will give the worksheet namein cell A1 ? Thanks in advance -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494559 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Paul Sheppard" <Paul.Sheppard.20ad1y_1134993603.7414@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in messa...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding plot Area

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Return a name in the same row
I have a 2 sheet spreadsheet. I want a formula to match a cell in column A of sheet 1 to a matching cell in column a of sheet 2 and return a name form the same matching row in column C of sheet 2. I have searched for this formula and cannot find it. Please help. Scott Sheet 1 CustNum 1 9 9 9 9 10 10 11 11 11 11 11 14 14 30 38 38 40 50 50 50 50 Sheet 2 CustNum ShopNum LastName 1 5 Name one 2 5 Name two 5 53 Name three 7 57 Name four 8 8 Name five 9 9 Name six 10 10 Name seven 11 11 Name eight 12 340 Name nine 13 12 Name ten 14 13 Name eleven...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...

Changing Name of stock/mutual fun within and account
Suppose there are many transactions within and account such as dividend/interest reinvesments and the stock/mutual fund changes it name. Mustindividual transaction be edited or is a mass change possible?? In advance, thabks to anyone with a work around/solution. DEH in Ohio when you change the name all the transactions associated with that old name changes. >-----Original Message----- >Suppose there are many transactions within and account >such as dividend/interest reinvesments and the >stock/mutual fund changes it name. > >Mustindividual transaction be edited or ...

"The Pivot Table Name is Not Valid"
I am trying to create a Pivot Table and am getting an error that the pivot table name is not valid and that my data must be organized in columns with headers- I already have the data sorted A to Z in column A with headers... any help? Do you just have one column of data selected? Is there a heading in the first cell in the selected range? SPECTRUM wrote: > I am trying to create a Pivot Table and am getting an error that the pivot > table name is not valid and that my data must be organized in columns with > headers- I already have the data sorted A to Z in column A with header...

Report Name Customer
Hi We have created a custom report in Visual Studio which shows all the service activities per customer in CRM. I now would like to display the customer name which was used in the filter as the heading of the report. If no customer was selected the heading should be blank. Do I need to use CRM_FilterText to achieve this? I have attempted to insert a parameter without success. I would really appreciate some guidance in how to achieve this. Many Thanks Mark no you can easily achieve this with a table group heading "Mark Braithwaite" <MarkBraithwaite@discussions.microsoft....

Sign-in name entered is not associated
I have been using Money 2004 with .net passport for many months now. Until twoday's back my Money 2004 app was working fine. Could login to my .net passport etc. Suddenly I started getting error: "The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file. Please enter the correct sign-in name or open another file" .. I read that following command run via the command line may help 'regsvr32 MSXML3.DLL'. I got a message saying "DllRegisterServer in MSMXML3.DLL succeeded". Still the problem is not OK. Still get "The sign-in name you entered ...

Can I Hide a Field?
I'm wanting to hide a field on a form (products form in this case) for some users but not for other users. Is this possible? For example, can I hide the product cost (wholesale) of an item for the salesperson, but not for the CEO? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com Hi Brandon, You cannot have different formlayouts for different users/Teams at this time... Regards, Michael Randrup "Brandon S." <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:e4pDiMrYDHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm ...