hide completed tasks

How do I hide completed tasks?

I now use Outlook 2003.  In earlier verisons (2000) there was an option in
view to show only active tasks, and to hide completed tasks.

I need to save the complted tasks for reference, but I do not want to look
at the clutter.

Thank you

Hi,

You can change the view in Outlook 2003 to only display active tasks by the following.

1.  Open Outlook
2.  Click on Tasks
3.  Click on View > Arrange By > Current View and select "Active Tasks"

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
>From: =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHcmVnb3J5?= <JohnGregory@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: hide completed tasks
>Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:19:03 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>How do I hide completed tasks?
>
>I now use Outlook 2003.  In earlier verisons (2000) there was an option in
>view to show only active tasks, and to hide completed tasks.
>
>I need to save the complted tasks for reference, but I do not want to look
>at the clutter.
>

>Thank you

0
scatki (156)
1/31/2005 10:15:21 PM
Scott-

I see how that wroks, but is there a way to hide copmpleted items while
viewing the simple list?  I really like the way the items are sorted into
catagories, but like the submittter before, I don't like looking at all the
'completed tasks' at the same time -yuk.

Thanks much scott.

Any chance you can email me your response?

Chad

Malltree@qwest.net

"Scott Atkins[MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can change the view in Outlook 2003 to only display active tasks by the following.
>
> 1.  Open Outlook
> 2.  Click on Tasks
> 3.  Click on View > Arrange By > Current View and select "Active Tasks"
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
> Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
> Microsoft Technical Support
> for Platforms and Business Applications
> --------------------
> >From: =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHcmVnb3J5?= <JohnGregory@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >Subject: hide completed tasks
> >Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:19:03 -0800
> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
> >
> >How do I hide completed tasks?
> >
> >I now use Outlook 2003.  In earlier verisons (2000) there was an option in
> >view to show only active tasks, and to hide completed tasks.
> >
> >I need to save the complted tasks for reference, but I do not want to look
> >at the clutter.
> >

> >Thank you

0
AZ (24)
2/2/2005 1:57:04 PM
You can also use the filter option, from the simple list task window use:
View > Arrange by..> Custom > Filter > Advanced and select the field of
"Status does not equal completed"

"Chad in AZ" wrote:

> Scott-
>
> I see how that wroks, but is there a way to hide copmpleted items while
> viewing the simple list?  I really like the way the items are sorted into
> catagories, but like the submittter before, I don't like looking at all the
> 'completed tasks' at the same time -yuk.
>
> Thanks much scott.
>
> Any chance you can email me your response?
>
> Chad
>
> Malltree@qwest.net
>
> "Scott Atkins[MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > You can change the view in Outlook 2003 to only display active tasks by the following.
> >
> > 1.  Open Outlook
> > 2.  Click on Tasks
> > 3.  Click on View > Arrange By > Current View and select "Active Tasks"
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
> > Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
> > Microsoft Technical Support
> > for Platforms and Business Applications
> > --------------------
> > >From: =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHcmVnb3J5?= <JohnGregory@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > >Subject: hide completed tasks
> > >Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:19:03 -0800
> > >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
> > >
> > >How do I hide completed tasks?
> > >
> > >I now use Outlook 2003.  In earlier verisons (2000) there was an option in
> > >view to show only active tasks, and to hide completed tasks.
> > >
> > >I need to save the complted tasks for reference, but I do not want to look
> > >at the clutter.
> > >

> > >Thank you

0
CathyG (1)

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

hide my name

Grid lines in Tasks printout?
How do I darken or change the color of them? ...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

Grouping Opportunities and Tasks
I want to be able to group together a set of opportunities and their associated tasks into a "Project". The tasks get assigned to various people in my organizations. I need to be able to look at a view which shows all the "open tasks" for this project. What is the best way to accomplish this? On Mar 31, 11:38=A0am, Mark <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to be able to group together a set of opportunities and their > associated tasks into a "Project". =A0The tasks get assigned to various p= eople > in my organizations. =A0I need...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Excel open files on task bar
I have a basic issue that I was thinking there may be a programming solution to. For example: Lets say I have 5 excel files open. Then I want to change files and I do not want to hit Ctrl+Tab and cycle through the files....that gets too hard on my eyes. Then if I click on the Icon on the Task Bar it does not identify the file that is active and I really do not like the Window Menu Bar item because it has other stuff on it also. Does anyone have a solution that is clean, clear and quick to show what files are open and make selecting the desired file easier? Also, why ...

View task pane and mail #2
Hello!! Using Outlook 2003 - Does anyone know if there is a way to view the mail as well as the task list? Similar to the view I can acheive using Calendar and task list. Thanks! Chris only by creating a folder home page using the outlook view control. There are some samples at www.digidashlive.com -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding plot Area

Outlook hangs up and won't close completely
After using Outlook, and closing via the "X" in upper right, the program does not close. I can check and confirm this via Task Manager. When I then try to shut down the system, I get the "please wait" advisory, while TM shuts down Outlook. This can take a bit, as sometimes there may be 5-6 instances of Outlook "running" in the TM processes tab, with sizes from 40KB to 16,000+KB. I can shut down the individual outlook processes via TM. Have virus scanned the system (P4 2.2GHz, Win XP Pro). Am also running AOL IM for daughter. TIA, Dave ...

Cannot create New Task
For some reason I have lost the ability to create a new task. The New Task dislog opens and allows me to enter text but when I attempt to Save and Close I get the message 'Could not complete the operation, one or more parameter values are not valid'. Any ideas? ...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Can I Hide a Field?
I'm wanting to hide a field on a form (products form in this case) for some users but not for other users. Is this possible? For example, can I hide the product cost (wholesale) of an item for the salesperson, but not for the CEO? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com Hi Brandon, You cannot have different formlayouts for different users/Teams at this time... Regards, Michael Randrup "Brandon S." <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:e4pDiMrYDHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm ...

Hide Unhide Hide again
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003. It seems in the older versions, when I hid a column or row, it would put a little "+" tab above the labels. You could easily "click" or "unclick" ("hide" or unhide") the columns or rows. I need to be able to hid these rows or columns, but unhide them for use and then hid them again for ease of use and printing. Thank you. Hiding rows/columns and Grouping/Outline are quite different features. The little + sign occurs when you group (outline) it's not actually hiding rows Its under the DATA > GROUP AND O...

RECURRING TASKS subtotal
In Project 2007 - when I set a recurring task such as a meeting for every week, i get what I assume to be the elapsed time between the first and last occurance of the recurring meeting. Can I get the summary task to show just the total of all the meeting times IE if each meeting is 1 hour, and there are 3 of them, 3 hours. Currently it shows something like 72 hours! Thank you This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CAD62E.9A480010 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0028_01CAD62E.9A480010" ------=_N...

How do hide tracking changes from various users in Word 2007
I would like to hide the tracking changes in Word 2007 as a document is passed from user to user. Presently, every time a user opens the file that I have sent them, the file opens showing all the tracking changes. I would like it to Open and not show the tracking changes and just have the user do their changes. the users are getting confused by all the markups. I have tried the procedures mentioned which are: 1) Trust Center - Privacy Options 2) remove check for "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving" Is the procedure that I listed supposed to work? What wil...

Hide Text box
If I have a text box on my report called [tbTax] and if the text box is showing 0 or Null , what code do I need to make it not visible? Thanks for any help....Bob Bob If you have only the textbox (and not an accompanying label), having Null in the underlying field would mean there was nothing there to show on the report. One approach to changing the visibility of the control would be to add something into the OnFormat event of the report, perhaps: tbText.Visible = Nz([tbText],0)<>0 Or you could use that Nz() function in a query underlying your report and do your conver...