hidden pictures in email (Outlook2002)

Hi
Getting some spam  -
when looking at the spam-email using my PPC (Dell Axim 3 connected to my PC and
sync'ed (including emails))
I sometimes see on the PPC that the spam-email have an attachment which is not shown
in Outlook on my PC

when I open such a spam-email with the PPC the email is empty
but a picture (with a lot of text) is attached  8-)

why do Outlook on my PC not warn me about the attachment?

can you tell me why it is done, what is the trick????

--
erik
Denmark

--
erik
Denmark

0
erik

"erik" <fox44REMOVETHIS@c.dk> wrote in message
> Hi
> Getting some spam  -
> when looking at the spam-email using my PPC (Dell Axim 3 connected to
> my PC and
> sync'ed (including emails))
> I sometimes see on the PPC that the spam-email have an attachment
> which is not shown
> in Outlook on my PC
>
> when I open such a spam-email with the PPC the email is empty
> but a picture (with a lot of text) is attached  8-)
>
> why do Outlook on my PC not warn me about the attachment?
>
> can you tell me why it is done, what is the trick????

Obviously this is an HTML-formatted e-mail and you don't have Outlook
configured to read in plain-text mode only.  So right-click on the
HTML-formatted e-mail, View Source, copy it, and paste into a post here.
Obviously we can't tell how it was coded unless you show it.

Post replies to the newsgroup.  Share with others.

Company Text at end of email
Hi, When anyone sends an email from their work account, we have some text that appears at the bottom of each email. It contains the usual sort of stuff like, 'This email and any files transmitted with it are strictly confidential.... etc', that sort of thing. What i would like to do is change that text but i don't know where to go to change it. Could anyone help me out with this? Thanks in advance. jonnyuk3 -- jonnyuk3 What do you have at the back end, are you using Exchange? The change would be made there. How's it done would depend on the se...

How to create a hidden message in a folder
Hi there, the application that I am working with requires a hidden message (of any class) to be inside a folder (corporate archive) on the root of the mailbox so that it can identify the specific folder and then archive its contents. I understand that I need to create this hidden message in the Associated Contents Table but i dont know how. Can someone please point me the correct way? is it done on the outlook client? on the exchange server? I appreciate any help Regards Davide You cannot create a hidden message manually. You must use code. Perhaps = the easiest method is to use CDO 1...

Which alternative email clients work well with Outlook 2007?
Hi. I have just installed Office 2007 in preparation for my new small business which I start next month. I intend to use Outlook for what it was designed for, a PIM, BUT I *hate* outlook express and don't want to use it for email. Until now I have always used Pegasus Mail. I'm trying Thunderbird at the moment but there are other clients such as Eudora, the Bat. Incredimail, Mail Warrior, Mulberry... the list goes on. I want a simple email client that is easy to use for the less PC literate person, [1] but that will be able to use the outlook adress book. Is that possible? To sav...

Employee Pictures
Hello, I am evaluating our options when it comes to accessing employee pictures from Dynamics GP HR/Payroll module. I see the following two options: 1 - Use the OLE container to store the pics. The downside I see to this is that the storage of this file is dictated by the Dex.ini file which can be directed to a network location but in our case most client installs are still configured to the local machine. The other challenge I see is how to convert over 2k employees such that their pictures are available. 2 - Use the image link feature available from the internet information form. This I ...

I can recieve emails but can not send
i have tried pretty much everything possible on figuring out what is wrong with my outgoing mail server but have no clue could some one give me some help this is what pops up when i try to send an email: The rejected e-mail address was 'salwayz@yahoo.com'. Subject 'TEST', Account: 'mail.rmicc.org', Server: 'smtp.rmicc.org', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '450 4.7.1 <salwayz@yahoo.com>: Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Sender address quota exceeded: Blacklisted (Error code ERR-3425-B) .. Please refer to http://support.homes...

Exchange 5,5 hosted mailboxes cannot be moved if hidden from the address book
Hi all, I have found that when I try to move a mailbox from an exchange 5.5 server using either the AD Users and Computers snapin or the Exchange system manager then it fails IF the mailbox is hidden from the address book. This only happens when the original server is an ex 5.5 box - all works ok if just moving mailboxes between 2003 servers. Anyone experienced the same and found a solution? Thanks, Chris. ...

How do I unblock urls in emails?
I have a new computer with Windows 7, IE8 and Outlook 2007. I cannot open any hyperlinks in email messages. The error is "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on the computer. Please contact you system administrator" This system administrator has no clue. Per other suggestions, I reset IE8, made it the default and made outlook 7 default. This does not work. I would rather not mess with registrys unless I have a detailed (i mean detailed) procedure to follow. HELP! Here you go See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm --...

Is there a way in Excel to insert a picture into a group of merge.
Is there a way to insert a picture into an Excel spreadsheet and have the picture auto fit into a grop of merged cells? Or do I have to manually resize the picture every time? hi, not possible. image controls are objects that "float" on top of the sheet. they cann't be assigned to cells. you can set the size. size the format control to the size you want it. Right click the image control, click properties. set the autosize to false. Regards Frank. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to insert a picture into an Excel spreadsheet and have the >picture auto ...

Managing Multiple Email Domains
Hello. I am trying to host email accounts for several different domains (.com's on the internet). We only have one AD domain. How can I make it so that email users from these different companies can access their email (through OWA or Outlook using RPC over Http) using their own internet domain name, such as dan@mycompany.com instead of dan@thisdomain.local? Thanks. http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_sec3.htm DAN wrote: > Hello. I am trying to host email accounts for several > different domains (.com's on the internet). We only have > one AD domain. How can I make ...

hidden sheets
Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, and still have the workbook calculate formulas based off of the hidden worksheets. The reason i ask is i have alot of information within the spreadsheet that i do not really need at this time, and i would like to hide it so that it makes it easier to navigate through the workbook. Hi, Yes you can still read values from hidden sheets and use those values in a calculation and you can write to hidden sheets with code. Mike "Soccerboy83" wrote: > Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, a...

email groups
I am wanting to set up different groups of contacts in my email that can be available to everyone in our office network. Is this possible and how would I do this? I am thinking that there would have to be some way to save it to the server but I am not sure and cannot figure out how to do this if it is possible. Help!! You might consider posting some actual information. What exactly is your "office network" and what provisions have you made for data sharing? -- Russ Valentine "Patti" <Patti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E19EF644-...

Publisher missing pictures
I have tried to search the group before asking and unable to find answer. I created a document in publisher, it looked great, printed to pdf and then the next day, wanted to make changes to publisher document. When I opened the document all my word art and pictures were invisible. I could click on them and the fram would appear, I could open graphics manager and see that they were there and embedded, but I can't see them in my open file any more. How do I fix this? It seems to happen in word a lot as well. Using Publisher 2003 EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://ww...

Help with email creation 2007
hello I'm a super newbee and was wanting help in making an email account to use with outlook 2007. I'm nout super smart when it comes to this stuff so any help with making one that will not cost me anything would be helpful. (seeing you have to pay to use it with msn. :-(.... ) do you have an email account already? if so, what type of account is it - imap, pop3 or web-based? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/b...

CRM 3.0 Email Tracking
This is a simple question, but I haven't worked in CRM 3.0 in a while and cannot remember the correct answer... In CRM 3.0, when tracking an email message, will CRM look to all 3 out of the box email fields on the Contact record or is it just the EmailAddress1 field? It will look at all email fields. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx "Danielle Aronson" wrote: > This is a simple question, but I haven't worked in CRM 3.0 in a while and > cannot reme...

Send email to group WITHOUT recipients seeing who the email is addressed to
I need to send an email to 20 potential employees without each seeing who ELSE it's addressed to. What is the correct way to do this (in Outlook 2003 attached to Exchange Server 2003)? <jhunter@huntercomputerinc.com> wrote in message news:6638841c-0543-4e28-b234-8ec5179629fd@26g2000hsk.googlegroups.com... >I need to send an email to 20 potential employees without each seeing > who ELSE it's addressed to. What is the correct way to do this (in > Outlook 2003 attached to Exchange Server 2003)? This is getting to be one of the most posted and most answered questions of ...

Custom Views + hidden columns does seem to work
Hi there, I was hoping you could help with some custom views. I've figured out how to create custom views just fine and have created 6 of them. What I wanted to do next was create an identifier on the spreadsheet that would tell the user which view is currently being used (for both viewing and printing). I tried adding 6 rows at the top of the spreadsheet with the name of each view in one row. I would then hide 5 rows and keep row with the view I want identified visable. Then I would save the view. This works fine if I am only hidding and unhidding rows and columns. ...

Can not send email to specific email addresses
We have exchange 2003, which seems to be working fine. One issue we have is that employees can not send email to one or two specific domains. Example: juno.com. the email address is good as I can send the eamil from hotmail. Once in while there is one or two of these domain name gets stuck in queue. Tired to force connection, delete with NDR and all those. but moment you send one it gets stuck in queue. Can some one please help. Thank you in advance. arun what is the NDR you are receiving, when trying to send to these domains? what happens if you try to send an email via a telnet session...

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

My Outlook 2000 file is hidden
I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still have access to the files but I need to look into the folder. What happened? What do I need to do in order to have the folder accessible? Ans <Ans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago > it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. > Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still h...

Inserting Pictures #2
This is potentially a several pronged problem. I have several workbooks that have logos inserted on them. They are not set up as headers, just inserted. When I use the Send to Recipient option to e-mail the workbook via Outlook, the logos appear on the e-mail the person recieves, but when you print the e-mail out, they turn into big boxes with an X in the corner, like a picture on a web-site does when it won't load in your browser. Word and Access do this as well. I have tried inserting the picture and embedding it, as well as not embedding it. I've also tried opening the log...

What happens to the original email when it gets made into a task?
When I drag an email to the task button to create a task, is the original email then moved? Or only a copy? I'm using outlook 2007, switching from Entourage on mac. thanks, sharon Drag, yes. Ctrl+ drag, no.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 <sselden13@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1170031513.420376.88160@j27g2000cwj.google...

Email view changes
I have a user whose view setting is 'messages' but when she receives a new email, it appears as the message subject and the first few lines of the email in blue. I have launched Outlook with resetfolders but it happened again. We are on Windows & Office 2000. Thanks, katherine She has the AutoPreview feature turned on. Look on the View menu.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Katherine" <jardine4@hotma...

Copying Data Without Hidden Values
Please excuse a dumb question. I'm sure the answer is buried in the help files somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm running Excel2002. I have a long column of data with many hidden rows. I need to copy this column for a paste operation, but I want to include only the active, visible fields. Every copy process I've tried ends up pasting the hidden rows also. How do I exclude the hidden rows from the copy process? Thanks, OC Oscar, Select the column, then hit F5, click on Special, select Visible Cells Only, OK, then Copy and Paste. HTH, Nikos "Oscar" <oc@sc.rrno...

Open email attachments as read only
I know when you open email attachments from the preview pane, they open as read only. Is there a way of making all email attachments open read only, however they are opened from Outlook? Many thanks Yes, but you'll need to edit the registry for this though. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/175 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Kimmi" <Kimmi@discuss...

OL 2003 Default File Attachment to Emails
I would like to attach a small pdf file to each email. How do I automatically attach the file to the default mail template? Outlook 2003 ...