Help with Rules: can't select Public Folders.

Does anyone know why it's sometimes possible, but not always, to use a rule
to move or copy a message to a public folder?  I don't seem to be able to
select the public folder; I can select it, but it doesn't stick.  The
inconsistency is a bit weird.  I can't even make a, 'from scratch' exact
copy of a currently working rule that moves a message to a public folder.
Weird!

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

0
noThanks8692 (108)

do you have full permission on the folder?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know why it's sometimes possible, but not always, to use a
> rule to move or copy a message to a public folder?  I don't seem to be
> able to select the public folder; I can select it, but it doesn't stick.
> The inconsistency is a bit weird.  I can't even make a, 'from scratch'
> exact copy of a currently working rule that moves a message to a public
> folder. Weird!
>
> --
> Dab
>
> Cut off: yourhead to respond

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/11/2006 11:58:37 PM
Hi Dianne:

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I've created the folder(s) in question and have verified the
permissions.  It's very weird behaviour!  Occasionally when I have this
problem, I can create the exact same rule several times in a row without
success, when, out of the blue, the public folder selection will
unexpectedly stick.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

> do you have full permission on the folder?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know why it's sometimes possible, but not always, to use a
>> rule to move or copy a message to a public folder?  I don't seem to be
>> able to select the public folder; I can select it, but it doesn't stick.
>> The inconsistency is a bit weird.  I can't even make a, 'from scratch'
>> exact copy of a currently working rule that moves a message to a public
>> folder. Weird!
>>
>> --
>> Dab
>>
>> Cut off: yourhead to respond

0
noThanks8692 (108)

sumifs help

Help !

Public Folders can't receive email from outside sources.
This is on an exchange 2003 server. When external email is addressed to the public folder the sender gets these messages. I can send to this address from inside without error. Suggestions please. Thanks. Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:30:23 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;SubbasinPlanning@nwppc.org Action: failed Status: 5.2.1 X-Display-Name: Subbasin Planning Download Attachment: attachment21 Attachment21: Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, ...

Outlook VERY slow / extra traffic while selecting multiple emails
I have purchased a new computer recently which is a 1.8GHz powerhouse with a ton of memory. The thing is that outlook crawls on this computer, while it flies on my p450. This behavior happens when i select multiple emails for any reason, ie, to delete them, move them, etc. After i am done selecting them (let go of the mouse key with a shift key multiple select)I see the network traffic going crazy, and outlook locks up until the traffic ends. It can take 5 minutes to select 100 records for instance. I have looked everywhere, but i cannot find the problem. Any ideas? I have a si...

DST Updates applied but Public Folders still show appointments off
I have an SBS 2003 SP1 server with Exchange SP2 installed. I have installed the server OS patch, run the Exchange tool, run the Outlook tool, and applied the Exchange DST patch. My client's Public Folders still shows appointments as one hour off. Can anyone help with this? -- Thanks, Deanna! you ran the Time Zone data update tool for MS Outlook against the Public Folder calendars, explicitly? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Deanna" <Deanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEB13F19-7927-465B-B9C8-631FA2791F4D@microsoft.com... >I have an SBS 2003 SP1 ...

can deleted folders be re-stored?
Accidently deleted some important folders and I wanted to know if they could possibly be re-stored someway? HELP PLEASE!!! Did you empty your Deleted Items folder already? If not, there should be a + sign beside your Deleted Items Folder. Click it to locate your deleted folders. If not, try this: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm Good luck! "Lydia" <Lydia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0BBE54-1B33-4465-B984-E6C477367435@microsoft.com... > Accidently deleted some important folders and I wanted to k...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

OWA 2003
how can i configure my OWA to show the reply or forward option in public folders. all i have is "POST Reply". Can i actually reply to the sender of the email message itself? Also, is it possible to configure front-end and the backend in one box? please help TIA On 10 Sep 2004 20:45:36 -0700, google@joriz.is-a-geek.net (Joriz) wrote: >how can i configure my OWA to show the reply or forward option in >public folders. all i have is "POST Reply". Can i actually reply to >the sender of the email message itself? Yes, but the client must be using a front end ser...

need to add custom entity to email selection list
We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity? You can't. The list of entities you can email to are set within CRM. One option to get around this is to load employees as Contacts - with a Contact type = Employee. "Jeanenne" wrote: > We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as > one of its fie...

exch 5.5 help

Support Email to Support Case
I've only earned about two days of experience with this program so far, so here goes my first request... I have the Pro Suite 1.2 version of CRM and I've successfully setup a Queue User so that all emails that come to Support@***.com are automatically entered into CRM. I would like to have CRM automatically create a CASE with this email, or at least have a CASE created when someone accepts or assigns the email. Is this possible? Is this something I'll need the Workflow Manager for? Thanks for your help in advance, Vito You need www.c360.com's Email to Case module. It&#...

I'm using Access 2007. When my users log in to the application, the application retrieves their "permission level" (1 - 5) which determines which tabs (pages) of the control panel they can use. I want to build 1 Control Panel and only load the user's tabs. based on their permission level. How do I set the page's visible property to "No" before the control panel loads for pages they the user should not view? Can I set the visible property of the Control Panel pages from the On Click event of the Login sForm's Submit button? If so, can you provid...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

How do I create a table with data selected via a pass through que.
I see the data using a pass thru select query but when I try to use the query in a separate make tabel query, I get an error message. Has anyone done this before? Thx. On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:33:00 -0800, kandamj <kandamj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I see the data using a pass thru select query but when I try to use the query >in a separate make tabel query, I get an error message. Has anyone done this >before? Thx. You may want to try saving the passthrough query, and base a new MakeTable query on that saved query. The passthrough query runs on the host, and ha...

Cannot Read Emails in Public Folders
We have Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 running in native mode. Client is Outlook 2003 There are two Public Folders that are e-mail enabled. I can send email to them and in Outlook I can see the list of mail items however when I (as administrator) go to open them I get the message Can't open this item. Unknown Error. The strange thing is yesterday, when I set up these folders and sent a test message to them - I could open them. Now today I cannot open any of the previous messages sent yesterday or new ones sent now. I can however delete the items! I can post to the folder but a...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2