Help with Outlook Setup!!!

I have XP Professional installed and Office XP Professional.  I have several
users setup for kids, as well as my admin account.

I want to setup a Limited Account in addition to the Admin account for
myself for daily use.  Am I just suppose to pick a different account name
and login password and then setup my MSN Messenger and Outlook POP email
with same username and password that I used to setup the Admin account?  I
don't need to share any contacts or anything, I just setup the admin email
in order to setup Outlook.  I want to input my contact info etc., into the
Limited account and use it.  I only want to run the Admin account if I have
to perform a function that I cannot do in the Limited Account.

When I tried this before reloading XP, I ended up getting an access
violation.  Is this the correct way to set this up?  It doesn't seem like it
should be too hard, MS recommends that we run as a Limited Account instead
of using the Admin account?  I did have some other problems that were
corrected by a full clean install of XP.  I just do not want to set this up
again and have problems because I did something wrong.

If someone can tell me if I am on the right track, and this is the way to
properly set up a Limited and Admin account for the same person then I can
go ahead and try it again--otherwise could you please let me know what I am
doing wrong?

0
Lori_478 (1)

YOu might want to post in a group for the operating system (windows XP) as
this is an operating system configuration and has little to do with Outlook
except for the fact that you want to set up Outlook under the Limited User
account.  Get the account set up first and then post back if you have
problems configuring Outlook under that account.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lori A. Kuiper
asked:

| I have XP Professional installed and Office XP Professional.  I have
| several users setup for kids, as well as my admin account.
|
| I want to setup a Limited Account in addition to the Admin account for
| myself for daily use.  Am I just suppose to pick a different account
| name and login password and then setup my MSN Messenger and Outlook
| POP email with same username and password that I used to setup the
| Admin account?  I don't need to share any contacts or anything, I
| just setup the admin email in order to setup Outlook.  I want to
| input my contact info etc., into the Limited account and use it.  I
| only want to run the Admin account if I have to perform a function
| that I cannot do in the Limited Account.
|
| When I tried this before reloading XP, I ended up getting an access
| violation.  Is this the correct way to set this up?  It doesn't seem
| like it should be too hard, MS recommends that we run as a Limited
| Account instead of using the Admin account?  I did have some other
| problems that were corrected by a full clean install of XP.  I just
| do not want to set this up again and have problems because I did
| something wrong.
|
| If someone can tell me if I am on the right track, and this is the
| way to properly set up a Limited and Admin account for the same
| person then I can go ahead and try it again--otherwise could you
| please let me know what I am doing wrong?

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Automatically viewing picture attachments in Outlook 2002
I tried to search in this newsgroup but couldn't find the answer. Is there any way that outlook can automatically view picture attachments like in outlook express. Thanks. No. Outlook doesn't support inline image viewing. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "...

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

Outlook Express #222
Can I sent-up to send an Automatic Reply to my incoming mail while I am out of the office from Outlook Express? Do I need additional software in order to do this? ...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Auto Archive problem
Hi All, We use Outlook 2003 Sp3. One of my users has this problem with the Auto Archive feature: certain folders of his mailbox don't get archived. The emails stay in these folders and others folders emails get moved to the PST file according to the Auto Archive settings. Even if I try to archive manually some of the forlers that don't work, nothing gets archived. What can I do with this? Regards, Are you aware that the Date used to archive is the Date Last Modified? This may be causing what you think is unsual behaviour. When were the items last modified? Regards Judy ...

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

exch 5.5 help

Possible to set up a timer in Outlook?
I would like to have one of Outlook's reminders appear. Then, when I acknowlege it, I would like Outlook to, in effect, 'count down' until a certain period of time has elapsed, then pop up another reminder. In short, rather than a reminder that occurs at a specific time of day, I'd like a recurring reminder that only appears when a certain amount of time has elapsed after I manually acknowlege the last reminder. Is there an easy way to set up such a thing in Outlook? Thanks for any answers or suggestions. Schuh is my hero <no@mail> wrote: > I would like to ha...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Envelope not shown for new email in Outlook 2003 SP3
One of my users has a problem where the envelope does not show in the task bar next to the clock when new mail arrives in Outlook 2003 SP3. The settings are properly set - show an envelope icon in the notification area, display a new mail mail desktop alert. It did work for the longest time, now does not. Does anyone know why the envelope will not show when he received new email - internal or internet mail, and if you know a way to resolve ? maybe re-install Outlook ? thanks, Bob ...

Outlook Express #280
I am not receiving emails for a few days now. How can I find them and solve the problem Karen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not receiving emails for a few days now. How can I > find them and solve the problem Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

outlook is too slowly
HI ,all Is there someone can help me, My outlook is too slowly and it cost too many memory. I'm using outlook 2003 and CRM3 client. They are all install nearly so not many emails. when I open the outlook 2003,I can see that outlook cost 180M and CRM3 client cost 150M memory. My god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Make Outlook the default mail client
How do I make Outlook the default mail client after I've made another app the default? I also told Outlook to stop bugging me about it. Thanks, Chip Control Panel->INternet Options->Programs tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, chrkieff@speakeasy.net asked: | How do I make Outlook the default mail client after I've made another | app the default? I also told O...

Your Help is Appreciated