Help with Excel Workbook

I am updating a workbook and very behind. It's a construction workbook, so
there many separate categories that have to total costs
For example, electric, plumbing, misc....etc...and then theres a totals
page. What is the easiest way to input info?  Can I input all info on one
page.

thanks
0
Nina1 (14)

Not sure if this has anything to do with Outlook. You might have better luck
posting in an Excel newsgroup.

"Nina" <Nina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am updating a workbook and very behind. It's a construction workbook, so
> there many separate categories that have to total costs
> For example, electric, plumbing, misc....etc...and then theres a totals
> page. What is the easiest way to input info?  Can I input all info on one
> page.

0
vince8328 (2733)

Help with formula #30
This formula works fine as long as there is a match in the "Customer Record" =IF(A3="","",INDEX('Customer Record'!B:B,MATCH(A3,'Customer Record'! A:A,0),1)) But... is there a way to modify it to allow me to enter my own value in Column B if there is no match. Thanks in advance!! hi Bob, =IF(A3="","",IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A3,'Customer Record'!A:A,0)),"Your Value",INDEX('Customer Record'!B:B,MATCH(A3,'Customer Record'!A:A,0),1))) -- isabelle ...

Opening multiple txt files into one workbook as separate sheets
I have seen posts about opening multiple txt files from a folder and saving each of them as a separate .xls. Is there a macro that would open all the .txt or .dat files in the directory that the .xls resides and put them as a new sheet in that folders .xls? IE. Folder1 data1.dat data2.dat Excel.xls 1.After running the macro in Excel.xls in Folder1 it has sheets data1.dat and data2.dat 2. Then if I move Excel.xls to Folder 2 with data3.dat and data4.dat and ran the macro again... Excel.xls would have data1.dat data2.dat data3.dat data4.dat Maybe this page will help http://www.rondebr...

Password excel 2007
How does one set up up a password for the excel file I have currentley have as a short cut' Thank you bill - Open the file (Office Button | Open ... ). To password-protect the workbook, choose Review (ribbon) | (Changes section) Protect Workbook. Enter a password. Click OK. Save the file. To encrypt the file using a password, choose Office Button | Prepare | Encrypt Document ... - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B14BA33B-26BF-4375-9A39-DD7E6435AC04@microsoft.com... How does one ...

deleting duplicate files from Excell
Can anyone tell me how to delete multiple files in an Excell worksheet. It is a very large database with many multiple files and was wondering if there was a macro i could run Thank you Gloria at Habitat for Humanity You can select the whole lot, then do data>filter advanced filter, copy to another location (click a cell somewhere), and finally check unique records only -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Habitat for Humanity" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a9301c3a7b0$2acd82e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to delete multiple...

How can I expose the actual column & row headers in excel?
We have a timesheet program an employee created for our company. She hid all the formulas and calculations. I have unprotected the sheet and am trying to adjust the code but the acutal headers are hidden and I cannot highlight them to unhide them. (ex: the actual column headers, ABCD, ets & the row headers, 123) Juanita Wrote: > We have a timesheet program an employee created for our company. She > hid all > the formulas and calculations. I have unprotected the sheet and am > trying to > adjust the code but the acutal headers are hidden and I cannot > highlight...

Excell defaults e-mai to expressl
In excel spreadsheet, the embedded e-mails are defaulting to Outlook Express which is not my e-mail server. Thank youi. What version of Outlook do you have installed? Is it set as your default email client? Do other email links (such as on web pages) bring up outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRI...

Is Excel unreliable ?
Pressing F9 / Shift+F9 doesn't update my calculated cells reliably, i.e. it just doesn't do it or gives wrongs answers. The only way to get the right answers is to drag down the calculated cells again and then press F9 / Shift+F9. Before going into more detail I just wanted to know if I am encountering a common problem ? -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ I don't understand what you mean by 'drag down the calculated cell' Also could we see the particular formula that Excel is getting wrong. I'm not aware that ...

Difference between basing pivot on excel list or other pivot table
What is the difference between basing the pivot table on excel list of other pivot table report? thanks Hi Gio The big pro for basing off another Pivot Table is the reservation of memory. The big con is that both are linked. This means much of what you do to one, effects the other. Perphaps the one that most get caught with is the 'grouping' of data. Group one Pivot Table and any others based off it will also be grouped. I will often base one PT off another to save the user from having to drag fields about. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins ...

MS Excel 2000 Cell Capacity and Data Display
I'm working with a large Excel 2000 spreadsheet in which most of the cell entries are text. Some text cell entries exceed 300 words. I'm using the wrap text and row/column autosizing features. All of the text displays correctly when I'm in the cell or in the formula box. When I move to anyother cell, however, the text in the cells is cropped. How do I get all of the text to display and print properly? Thanks. If you add alt-enters every 80-100 characters, you can see lots of characters. You may have to manually adjust the rowheight, though. RCM-IEWTD wrote: > &g...

Query sorting help
I am in need of assistance with a Query. I have a query that assembles a daily production schedule. The shedule consists of many fields however for the sake of this question i wish to sort the query by a series of four fields. the first fiedld in the query is "DueDate" then by field "press1" then by "Press2" then Press3". The data in the field Due date is the actual date due. The data in "press1" will only be "6c" or nothing. The data in "Press2" will be one of three Strings: "25", "29", or "2...

need help adding across and down
Hello, On a sheet named data I have the following Mon Tue Wed Thu A3 = BILL 1 1 1 A4 = FRED 1 1 A5 =TOM 1 A6 = BILL 1 A7 = TOM 1 1 I want to have a grid on a different sheet (named results) which looks at the above data and then returns the totals for Bill on each day, the totals for Fred each day etc. I need to see how many each did on each day So not only does it need to 'add the totals across the sheet, it also needs to...

How can I show values, not formulas in Excel?
When I add a VLOOKUP function and fill down, the formula, not the resultant value, is displayed in the cells. The DISPLAY FORMULA checkbox in OPTIONS in not checked. Thanks! Could be that your cells are formatted as text, format as General. HTH JG "jwbass" wrote: > When I add a VLOOKUP function and fill down, the formula, not the resultant > value, is displayed in the cells. The DISPLAY FORMULA checkbox in OPTIONS in > not checked. > > Thanks! Make sure it is not formatted as text -- mphell0 -------------------------------------------------------------...

Help date...
Can't get the date calculated based on other table... It just return me the value of calDate... Private Sub Form_Current()Dim calDate As DatecalDate = CDate(Nz(Me. cboCalibrationDate))Me!txtShelflifeExpiry = DateAdd("d", Nz(DLookup("Days", "Inventory", "PartNumber=" & cboPartNumber), 0), calDate)End Sub -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200705/1 Is PartNumber a text field? If so, you need quotes around the value you're passing: Nz(DLookup("Days", "I...

how do i use the excel symbol toolbar?
Excel 2003 has a Symbol Toolbar that looks like it is designed to allow the easy insertion of commonly used symbols. The problem is, I can't figure out how to use it. I have tried dragging the symbols from the toolbar onto a worksheet, copying them, double clicking them, etc... Nothing works. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? It's not even in Excel Help. Select the symbol and click insert button Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Gwhizkids" wrote: > Excel 2003 has a Symbol Toolbar that looks like it is designed to allow the > easy insertion of commonly used sy...

Excel 2003 math error
I have a cell that evaluates to 318.43. When I multiply that cell by 156, Excel gives me 49674.51, but the correct result, when I do the math by hand (and by Google), is 49675.08. What the ___ is going on? Hi Try extending the number of places of decimal on the first cell, and you will probably see that it is not 318.43 but something smaller (318.4263) which has been rounded to 318.43 With your evaluation formula that results in a displayed value of 318.43 in say C1, try =ROUND(C1,2)*156 -- Regards Roger Govier <cyraxote@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8801150f-5557-412d-9143-9...

Excel document properties insert into a cell
I would like to find a way to insert the data that is stored on the "Properties" page of an excel document into the cell. In work and Visio I can do it easily but I can't figure out how to do it in Excel. I know, it's probably simple, but I just can't think that simple right now... thanks mark Mark, You will need a UDF Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function and enter in a cell suc...

Help with Code
Your help will be greatly appreciated. Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I would like to give User's of the workbook an ability to "sort and filter" while maintaining protection of the worksheet and workbook and ability to utilize the Userform, but am running into some problems. 1. When I save, close then reopen workbook, engage the Userform and once I click the commandbutton am promted for the password. Needless to say, the other users won't have the password. 2.Also, have been unable to figure out vba "sort and filter", intergration with # 1. Below...

bug in Excel?
Hi! I created a worksheet which is linked to two different "source" workbooks to consolidate data. I am using this workbook for several consolidations (same format and i just save the changed data under a file "source 1" and "source 2" for then automatically obtaining the sums in my CONSOLIDATION workbook) and that works fine. But after consolidating different workbooks and obtaining 3 different CONSOLIDATED files (which i save under another name after consolidation) for year1, year2 and year3, the values in those files change as soon as i open another one!...

How do I enter a decimal in a string of numbers in Excel? Example.
Please post your question in the BODY of the message, not the subject line, and clarify with an example of the initial data and what you want to end up with. If it's to translate 123 to 1.23, you divide by 100. On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:03:07 -0800, Joy <Joy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Please Help! How to set color for Tree Control chield items
Hello, I am using VC++ 6.0 In the project I create tree control in the window using the following code: hwndLVt = CreateWindowEx(WS_EX_STATICEDGE,WC_TREEVIEW, "", WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD | WS_EX_STATICEDGE| TVS_HASLINES | TVS_HASBUTTONS | TVS_TRACKSELECT | TVS_SINGLEEXPAND | TVS_FULLROWSELECT | TVS_INFOTIP | ...

Having trouble printing selected sheets in Excel
I am trying to print my document, and I select the content. I go to the File, and select "Print Area", then I select "set print area". I go into the print preview, and the selected pages are at 21 %. I adjust it back to 100 %, then select ok. I look at the document, and the same page is repeated in the print preview. I go back through the process, of selecting print area, setting the print area, and print preview, and the pages are at 21 %. I have tried right clicking, and resetting all page breaks, clearing the print area. I have also closed the document with saving ...

How Change default "look in" location in EXCEL for Importing Exte.
I am importing data contained in a text file. When I get to Import Data, the "Look In" folder location always defaults to "My Data Sources". How do I change that to the folder where my data is? (files are on my computer). thanks ...

Creating thousands of hyperlinks in Excel
I'm creating a huge directory and I'd like to include internal hyperlinks. Is there a FAST way to do this? i.e. I need to create 2000 hyperlinks, leading from one cell to a cell on another worksheet. Tips? Thanks! I'd use the =hyperlink() worksheet function. David McRitchie posted this and it might help you: =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5) Megan wrote: > >...

excel formula needed
I need a formula to 1) look in colunm a, gather any numbers present in that colunm, even though most wil be empty 2) then i want them to take that list, get rid of the empty cells and put that data either into a new table or on another sheet. thanks. Sounds like a sort would work. If you want a function, try this: =IF(ROWS($1:1)<=COUNTA(A1:A20),INDEX(A1:A20,SMALL(IF(A1:A20<>"",ROW(A1:A20)-MIN(ROW(A1:A20))+1),ROWS($1:1))),"") Enter with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just enter... HTH, Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indica...

Too many Excel applications running at the same time
I have MS Excel 2010 installed on my computer. Every time I open up an Excel file it opens a new Excel application in my Windows dock at the bottom of the screen. If I open 5 Excel docs I have 5 separate Excel applications running. Before I had Excel 2010 installed I would only have one Excel app. running and I would see teh separate files in the Switch Window command at the top of the screen. What actions do I need to take so that I don't have numerous Excel apps running, instead of only one? I doubt if you have multiple Excel applications open. What you probably have is a button for e...