Help: upgrade to Office XP SP3 causing: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses...." alerts

Hi:

I'm hoping that someone can help with this.

After installing Office XP Service Pack 3, several users in the office are
receiving the: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses...." alerts
every time an email is sent, .  Anyone know what's causing this.

The folks experiencing this are running Office XP, on WinXP pro, connected
to an Exchange server

Thanks for any advice.
--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

0
noThanks8692 (108)

Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are
affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs
updated to the latest version -  antispam add-ins are a common cause
although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were
updated following the release of Outlook 2003 and should work with SP3, if
not you'll need to contact the vendor for a newer version.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems has a list of
applications known to trigger the warning.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I'm hoping that someone can help with this.
>
> After installing Office XP Service Pack 3, several users in the office are
> receiving the: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses...." alerts
> every time an email is sent, .  Anyone know what's causing this.
>
> The folks experiencing this are running Office XP, on WinXP pro, connected
> to an Exchange server
>
> Thanks for any advice.
> --
> Dab
>
> Cut off: yourhead to respond

0
dianenws (1904)
10/29/2004 4:25:05 PM
Hi Diane:

Thanks for the prompt response.

I don't think that this is a result of third party vendor software.  I
should have mentioned out that the alert is popping up whenever a message is
sent from within Outlook, not when another application (such as hotsync) is
accessing Outlook.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are
> affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs
> updated to the latest version -  antispam add-ins are a common cause
> although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were
> updated following the release of Outlook 2003 and should work with SP3, if
> not you'll need to contact the vendor for a newer version.
>
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems has a list of
> applications known to trigger the warning.
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi:
>>
>> I'm hoping that someone can help with this.
>>
>> After installing Office XP Service Pack 3, several users in the office
>> are receiving the: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses...."
>> alerts every time an email is sent, .  Anyone know what's causing this.
>>
>> The folks experiencing this are running Office XP, on WinXP pro,
>> connected to an Exchange server
>>
>> Thanks for any advice.
>> --
>> Dab
>>
>> Cut off: yourhead to respond

0
noThanks8692 (108)
10/29/2004 4:37:06 PM
Hi again Diane:

I see there was some MSWord stuff mentioned in the slapstick piece.  I'll
pursue that.

Thanks for your help.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

> Hi Diane:
>
> Thanks for the prompt response.
>
> I don't think that this is a result of third party vendor software.  I
> should have mentioned out that the alert is popping up whenever a message
> is sent from within Outlook, not when another application (such as
> hotsync) is accessing Outlook.
>
> --
> Dab
>
> Cut off: yourhead to respond
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
>> Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are
>> affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs
>> updated to the latest version -  antispam add-ins are a common cause
>> although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were
>> updated following the release of Outlook 2003 and should work with SP3,
>> if not you'll need to contact the vendor for a newer version.
>>
>> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems has a list of
>> applications known to trigger the warning.
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I'm hoping that someone can help with this.
>>>
>>> After installing Office XP Service Pack 3, several users in the office
>>> are receiving the: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses...."
>>> alerts every time an email is sent, .  Anyone know what's causing this.
>>>
>>> The folks experiencing this are running Office XP, on WinXP pro,
>>> connected to an Exchange server
>>>
>>> Thanks for any advice.
>>> --
>>> Dab
>>>
>>> Cut off: yourhead to respond

0
noThanks8692 (108)
10/29/2004 4:42:08 PM
Dab <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think that this is a result of third party vendor software.

Chances are it's being caused by Adobe Acrobat's PDFWriter add-in.
--
Brian Tillman
0

You are exactly right, that's what was causing the problem!

Thanks!

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

> Dab <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't think that this is a result of third party vendor software.
>
> Chances are it's being caused by Adobe Acrobat's PDFWriter add-in.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
noThanks8692 (108)

Help: upgrade to Office XP SP3 causing: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses...." alerts
Hi: I'm hoping that someone can help with this. After installing Office XP Service Pack 3, several users in the office are receiving the: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses...." alerts every time an email is sent, . Anyone know what's causing this. The folks experiencing this are running Office XP, on WinXP pro, connected to an Exchange server Thanks for any advice. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs u...