Help! Send To\Mail Recipient feature doesnt work. #2

I have WinXP w/Outlook 2003. When I right click a file and choose Send
To\Mail Recipient, the feature does not work. I have got it to work
one time by going to Control Panels\Add Remove Programs\Set Program
Access and Defaults. There I select Microsoft Windows, (instead of
Custom), restart the computer and I can then send to mail recipient,
but only one time. After that I get the Error message, Microsoft
Office Outlook, The operation failed. This feature works when I
select Outlook Express as my default Email client in Internet
options. Please can someone help! Thanks in advance. Gregg

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:OYbGWFzWEHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

Is Outlook open when you try this?

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Hi, Milly, I tried this with Outlook open after your question (Is Outlook
open when you try this?) and it worked multiple times. Then I closed Outlook
and tried it and got the same error (Microsoft Office Outlook, The operation
failed). I then reopened Outlook and tried the Send to Mail Recipient
feature several times with several files and just kept getting the error
until I restart, and open Outlook before I use the Send To feature. It seems
once I get the error I have to restart to reset it. Any more advice? Thanks
Gregg

0
gobanion (9)

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Anybody recently gotten IActiveDesktop to work?
I am trying to resolve the IActiveDesktop 'undeclared identifier' error and I've tried everything I've ever found in googled posts with no success. Just including "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Including "wininet.h" before "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Undef'ing the IE version and manually defining it to 0x400 doesn't work (tried before including wininet.h and shlobj.h) Et cetera... Anyone... Bueller...? WTH Answer is: You MUST define wininet.h BEFORE afxdisp.h otherwise you can't define IActiveDesktop vis shellobj.h. G...

Redirect mail with Outlook2000
This is probably a stupid question but is it possible to redirect mail using Outlook 2000? The PC in my office is always on. When I'm out of office I would like all incoming mail redirected to my home email address. Is this possible? Have you tried using the Rules Wizard to do that? "Paul" <pbras@antispam.postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message news:1v02n1tvm4lt11c6legk62vc4831elfvg8@4ax.com... > This is probably a stupid question but is it possible to redirect mail > using Outlook 2000? The PC in my office is always on. When I'm out of > office I would like all ...

Use Outlook to send to contacts in a query
Is there a way to set Outlook to send to contacts stored in a query (or a table) WITHOUT just importing them and doing it that way? I want to create a database, set Outlook to look in it, and have it send to contacts whose contact information will be listed in that database. Alan: Yes, there is a way. But have you explored, and rejected, storing contacts in Outlook and creating Outlook Distribution Lists? If you really need to store your contacts in Access, then you could use VBA code in your Access database to start Outlook and send and an email (or Mailitem as Outlook calls it). Y...

exch 5.5 help

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

CRM 3.0 Invalid Association error when sending email
On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know about this? Thanks! Hi. I also have the "Invalid Association" error when sending email, did anyone find a resolution to this? Thanks in Advance. Dav "Troy" wrote: > On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The > request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know > about this? Thanks! Reply to self - turned out to be the authe...

User cannot send outgoing mail.
I have two users that cannot send outgoing mail through an exchange server 2003. When they try to send mail they get a NDR that states "the user does not exist". Recently, we started smart hosting through our ISP's mail server, and both of the SMTP mail addresses in question were added after this switch. This makes me think that there is some connection, but i can find nothing anywhere about this issue. Thanks. Are they trying to send to users in your Exchange organization or an external address? "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Send pdf inline (not as attachment)
Is there a way to send a pdf file as the message and not as an attachment? I want to be sure that every recipient sees exactly what I sent in exactly the format I sent it. Thanks Ehm... "I want to be sure that every recipient sees exactly what I sent in exactly the format I sent it." Then you'll need to send it as a PDF as the message format also depends on the mailclient being used an whether or not the mailserver supports that type of formatting. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an O...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

trouble receiving mail
hi oh computer smart ones!! am hoping anyone can help with my problem - i have 53 unread messages because when i hit 'send and receive' i get the first 13 then it stops completely and wont give me any more messages....i get this error msg: Message number 13 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.three.com.au', Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'No virus found in this incoming message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD i have tried turning off firewalls, uninstalling...

Macro Help

Reg hiding such parameters in the properties of the mail #2
hi , I am using the outlook 2003 client for sending the email. when it reaches the destination end, the destined user is easily identifying the parameters like, from where the mail is coming like, public ip, machine name, and local ip address of the system which the mail is originated.. so i do not want to publisize such parameters to the outside world.. so how would i adjust the oulook such a way it should not take such parameters while sending the emails. i shal be thankfull if u help me on this! thanks in advance rizwan <rizwan_mk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#8ikqBqv...

help me #2

OWA works, partially
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2k3 server, set behind an ISA 2k4 (none SBS.) OWA works only when typing the server NetBios name. If, however, the server name is replaced with a public DNS-recognized domain name, OWA does not work, neither internally nor externally. Does this imply that the problem resides in ISA server and that Exchange box is innocent since OWA works, partially? If yes, wehre to debug? I have revised the publishing rule infinitely? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks Yba Hint: ISA Listner authentication:FBA, Exchange: Basic. Also, no SSL so far. Depends. If the public...

Windows Live Mail sync
Where is the setup information for: Windows Live Mail Desktop Calendar sync with Calendar.live.com calendar. -- Arne Garvander (Happily unemployed professional Geek) Just log in with your Windows Live Id.... at the right end of the toolbar. "Arne Garvander" <ArneGarvander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83D3B881-97B4-4C58-9084-6B0D53DF85FF@microsoft.com... > Where is the setup information for: > Windows Live Mail Desktop Calendar sync with Calendar.live.com > calendar. > > > -- > Arne Garvander > (Happily une...

CString help