Help Publishing Custom Form

I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library
following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34.

It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting
the published forms:

1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I
don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it?  I would
like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND
the default task form for that folder.

2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task
folder, then select the ACTION menu and see the availabe forms?  But
others in my group do not see the forms I published to the
organizational forms library there.  They can only create a new form
by selecting new and then browsing to find the form.

Thanks!
0
mtbcpa (55)

I think once the others use the form, it will be on their actions menu.

what version of outlook?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"mtbcpa" <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library
> following the instructions here:
> http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34.
>
> It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting
> the published forms:
>
> 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I
> don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it?  I would
> like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND
> the default task form for that folder.
>
> 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task
> folder, then select the ACTION menu and see the availabe forms?  But
> others in my group do not see the forms I published to the
> organizational forms library there.  They can only create a new form
> by selecting new and then browsing to find the form.
>
> Thanks!

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/2/2008 8:28:18 PM
The custom form will only be in the Actions menu if the form is published to
the folder or if the folder default form is set to be that custom form. The
folder properties PR_DEF_POST_DISPLAYNAME and PR_DEF_POST_MSGCLASS would
have to be set to the custom form display name and custom form MessageClass.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>I think once the others use the form, it will be on their actions menu.
>
> what version of outlook?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

kenslovak (742)
1/2/2008 8:37:15 PM
On Jan 2, 12:37=A0pm, "Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]"
<kenslo...@mvps.org> wrote:
> The custom form will only be in the Actions menu if the form is published =
> the folder or if the folder default form is set to be that custom form. Th=
> folder properties PR_DEF_POST_DISPLAYNAME and PR_DEF_POST_MSGCLASS would
> have to be set to the custom form display name and custom form MessageClas=
s.

> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Optionshttp://www.slovakt=
ech.com/products.htm

> "Diane Poremsky" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote in message

> >I think once the others use the form, it will be on their actions menu.
>
> > what version of outlook?
>
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> > Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> > Outlook Tips by email:
> > dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> > Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM- Hide quoted text =
-

I am not quite as technical so forgive me - when you say published to
that folder, I am not sure what you mean.  I published it to the
Organizational Form Library - is that what you mean?  I am using
exchange server 2003 and OL 2007 btw - sorry I forgot that in the
first post.
0
mtbcpa (55)

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Publisher 2003: Windows Installer error 1635
Publisher 2003 and the rest of Office 11 is also installed, Windows XP Home SP1 In Publisher > New Publication > Business forms > Invoice > I get several choices, but when I try to load one of them, I get the error alerts: "Publisher cannot run this wizard. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" When I try to install even with the Office CD inserted . "Publisher cannot run this wizard. Microsoft Office Publisher cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1635." It seems I used to have no problem ins...

Form records has only 1 but should have many
I have a main form with a button when click will execute: Private Sub btnCreateEmployee_Click() DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEmployee", acNormal, , , acFormEdit, acWindowNormal End Sub Most of the time when the frmEmployee opens up will show only 1 record on the record selector. I need to return to the main form and click the button again to open up the frmEmployee again to see there are many records on the record selector, any idea? Alan, Try leaving out some of the arguments. DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEmployee", acNormal This should do the trick. Also make sure there is not...

Publisher Pictures
I cannot see inserted jpg pictures in my publisher documents. The documents print the pictures ok, and I can see the placeholders. I tried inserting the same picture in MS Word and it show ok. I tried the tools-macro-security-trusted publishers-check box "trust all installed addins & templates." This did not help. Gerry ERABroker <ERABroker@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I cannot see inserted jpg pictures in my publisher documents. The > documents print the pictures ok, and I can see the placeholders. I > tried inserting th...

need to add custom entity to email selection list
We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity? You can't. The list of entities you can email to are set within CRM. One option to get around this is to load employees as Contacts - with a Contact type = Employee. "Jeanenne" wrote: > We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as > one of its fie...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Form updating on it's own!
I have a front-end / back-end situation where the tables reside on the back end machine and the forms on the front end. When I opened the form, which allows for simply data entry via some text fields, as I was typing into the first field, the form cleared! When I checked the tables, the data I had typed to that point was there... Almost like the back end PULLED the data from the other machine! Any ideas on what can cause this to happen? TIA... Dale: Yes, I know about the tab order. There are about 15 fields on this form. I was in the middle of the very first one in the tab order.....

Publisher (PUB) file viewer?
How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without having the actual software? You don't. You can't. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Steezy20" <Steezy20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75144304-0B4C-4EED-B4F7-614D6085FD65@microsoft.com... > How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without having > the > actual software? Steezy20 wrote: > How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without > having the actual software? Look, you l...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

Create and set up custom forms in OWA
Hey there! I read, that it is possible to convert custom forms to asp so that they can be used in OWA. Is there another tool than Microsoft Outlook HTML Form Converter to do the conversion-part? Do you know of an article that describes exactely how to set up such a form and where to install it etc. Like: What to do after I turned the Outlook custom form into an ActiveServerPage? Thanks for any help, Reto. ...

Pop Form Based On individual Customer
How would you assign a pop up message for an individual customer for example let say i go to the record john doe I want to assign a pop up message for that specific customer so who ever enters into that record the message will pop up automatically with notes or the user cld add notes. I have the following Customer Table Pop Up Message Table CustomerID(PK) MessageID(PK) LastName CustomerID(Lookup Customer Table) FirstName Note SS# Address1 Address2 City State Zip Phone ...

can't publish
I just tried to publish my site after updating it -- new page, text, photos, links -- did update hyperlinks. I get the following message. Is it on my site or my host's side? Server error: The page Thumbs.db has been modified by (unknown) on 14 Feb 2010 19:10:44 -0500. Thank you. It's you: When you open a folder in Thumbnails view, Windows creates a Thumbs.db file. For example, if you use Windows Explorer to open a folder in Thumbnails view, Windows creates a Thumbs.db file in that folder. Delete the Thumbs.db files that are contained in folders on the Web site ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated