Help, problem with set up Outlook 2003

I have Outlook 2003.  When  I was setting up Outlook with the wizard,
initially I was setting up Outlook  to use my office web exchange server.
Then it said I needed to be on line.  Then  I found out that I would only be
able to access Outlook when in my office, which I did not want. So then  I
wanted to cancel this type of set up &  not  use the server and only wanted
to set up an email account. I am unable to change the set up.   Outlook keeps
trying to access online &  connect to the Server ( which was never set up)
when I try to cancel my computer freezes up. I don't know how to change from
server, as default).  Sometimes I get a message that  asks if I want to start
Outlook in safe mode because it did not set up properly and it will start in
repair mode.  Even if I select this option, it does not work.

When I open Outlook the screen reads  "Creating Outlook accounts"  Creating
welcome message" & then tries to connect with Server.  I already uninstalled
Outlook and reinstalled it.   I am still having this problem.   I would
appreciate any help that someone can offer.  Thanks.

--
ellent

0
ellent (3)

This should do the trick for you. Delete and recreate your profile:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

Good luck, post back and let me know if it worked.

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"ellent" wrote:

> I have Outlook 2003.  When  I was setting up Outlook with the wizard,
> initially I was setting up Outlook  to use my office web exchange server.
> Then it said I needed to be on line.  Then  I found out that I would only be
> able to access Outlook when in my office, which I did not want. So then  I
> wanted to cancel this type of set up &  not  use the server and only wanted
> to set up an email account. I am unable to change the set up.   Outlook keeps
> trying to access online &  connect to the Server ( which was never set up)
> when I try to cancel my computer freezes up. I don't know how to change from
> server, as default).  Sometimes I get a message that  asks if I want to start
> Outlook in safe mode because it did not set up properly and it will start in
> repair mode.  Even if I select this option, it does not work.
>
> When I open Outlook the screen reads  "Creating Outlook accounts"  Creating
> welcome message" & then tries to connect with Server.  I already uninstalled
> Outlook and reinstalled it.   I am still having this problem.   I would
> appreciate any help that someone can offer.  Thanks.
>
> --
> ellent

0
KOrland1 (1012)
7/24/2006 3:37:01 PM
Hi Kathleen,
Thank you for your reply.  I did try the steps given in that link and I was
able to open the Outlook.  I set up my hotmail as my email.  How do I begin
receiving the mail through Outlook.   Thanks. Ellen
--
ellent

"K. Orland" wrote:

> This should do the trick for you. Delete and recreate your profile:
>
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
>
> Good luck, post back and let me know if it worked.
>
> --
> Kathleen Orland
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "ellent" wrote:
>
> > I have Outlook 2003.  When  I was setting up Outlook with the wizard,
> > initially I was setting up Outlook  to use my office web exchange server.
> > Then it said I needed to be on line.  Then  I found out that I would only be
> > able to access Outlook when in my office, which I did not want. So then  I
> > wanted to cancel this type of set up &  not  use the server and only wanted
> > to set up an email account. I am unable to change the set up.   Outlook keeps
> > trying to access online &  connect to the Server ( which was never set up)
> > when I try to cancel my computer freezes up. I don't know how to change from
> > server, as default).  Sometimes I get a message that  asks if I want to start
> > Outlook in safe mode because it did not set up properly and it will start in
> > repair mode.  Even if I select this option, it does not work.
> >
> > When I open Outlook the screen reads  "Creating Outlook accounts"  Creating
> > welcome message" & then tries to connect with Server.  I already uninstalled
> > Outlook and reinstalled it.   I am still having this problem.   I would
> > appreciate any help that someone can offer.  Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > ellent

0
ellent (3)
7/24/2006 9:49:02 PM
Hello,
Is this a paid hotmail account?
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"ellent" wrote:

> Hi Kathleen,
> Thank you for your reply.  I did try the steps given in that link and I was
> able to open the Outlook.  I set up my hotmail as my email.  How do I begin
> receiving the mail through Outlook.   Thanks. Ellen
> --
> ellent
>

> "K. Orland" wrote:
>
> > This should do the trick for you. Delete and recreate your profile:
> >
> > http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
> >
> > Good luck, post back and let me know if it worked.
> >
> > --
> > Kathleen Orland
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> >

> > "ellent" wrote:
> >
> > > I have Outlook 2003.  When  I was setting up Outlook with the wizard,
> > > initially I was setting up Outlook  to use my office web exchange server.
> > > Then it said I needed to be on line.  Then  I found out that I would only be
> > > able to access Outlook when in my office, which I did not want. So then  I
> > > wanted to cancel this type of set up &  not  use the server and only wanted
> > > to set up an email account. I am unable to change the set up.   Outlook keeps
> > > trying to access online &  connect to the Server ( which was never set up)
> > > when I try to cancel my computer freezes up. I don't know how to change from
> > > server, as default).  Sometimes I get a message that  asks if I want to start
> > > Outlook in safe mode because it did not set up properly and it will start in
> > > repair mode.  Even if I select this option, it does not work.
> > >
> > > When I open Outlook the screen reads  "Creating Outlook accounts"  Creating
> > > welcome message" & then tries to connect with Server.  I already uninstalled
> > > Outlook and reinstalled it.   I am still having this problem.   I would
> > > appreciate any help that someone can offer.  Thanks.
> > >
> > > --
> > > ellent

0
KOrland1 (1012)
7/25/2006 3:41:02 PM
No it is not.  I found out that I can not use the hotmail.  Thank you for
your reply & help though.  I'll use for another email provider.
--
ellent

"K. Orland" wrote:

> Hello,
> Is this a paid hotmail account?
> --
> Kathleen Orland
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "ellent" wrote:
>
> > Hi Kathleen,
> > Thank you for your reply.  I did try the steps given in that link and I was
> > able to open the Outlook.  I set up my hotmail as my email.  How do I begin
> > receiving the mail through Outlook.   Thanks. Ellen
> > --
> > ellent
> >

> > "K. Orland" wrote:
> >
> > > This should do the trick for you. Delete and recreate your profile:
> > >
> > > http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
> > >
> > > Good luck, post back and let me know if it worked.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kathleen Orland
> > > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > > http://www.howto-outlook.com/

0
ellent (3)

sumifs help

Setting the range of a dialog box slider
Can anyone help me to set the min and max values of a slider control on a slider control in a dialog box, I created the control with the resource editor and do not know how to access the class of the control (the class wizard only creates a class for the dialog box), is there a way to attach a CSliderCtrl class to the resource or is there some other way to access the object in C++. SiBorg wrote: > Can anyone help me to set the min and max values of a slider control on a slider control in a dialog box, I created the control with the resource editor and do not know how to access the class of...

Help !

multi-thread problem
I am not sure how to correctly write this Worker Thread example program. And I realize that this specific problem is somewhat more of a C++ issue. But I really needed to make sure that I was correctly writing this part of the program. I've also encountered another problem, but I thought it could be connected with this first problem here. However, I would hoped to ask about it later. How do you write the statement that "post" the long integer in the Controller thread to the receiving function. UINT CThreadTestDlg::Thread1(LPVOID lParam) { CThreadTestDlg* pHwnd = (...

Help with this thing

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

OWA 2003
how can i configure my OWA to show the reply or forward option in public folders. all i have is "POST Reply". Can i actually reply to the sender of the email message itself? Also, is it possible to configure front-end and the backend in one box? please help TIA On 10 Sep 2004 20:45:36 -0700, google@joriz.is-a-geek.net (Joriz) wrote: >how can i configure my OWA to show the reply or forward option in >public folders. all i have is "POST Reply". Can i actually reply to >the sender of the email message itself? Yes, but the client must be using a front end ser...

ole drag and drop problem in a ListView
I've implemented ole drag and drop in my application's listview. My understanding is that I should get scrolling for free but I don't get any scrolling action. Am I missing something here? I'm new to OLE so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Omundu. ...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Problem copying table data as a picture onto chartsheet
I'm having a strange problem. I'm creating a special chart which has a pie chart on it as well as some tabular data that is formatted the way we want it on a worksheet, then pasted onto the chartsheet as a picture. (The pie chart aspect is working fine. I'm just having a problem with the tabular data.) When I copy the tabular data manually by selecting the data on the worksheet, then going to the Home tab and choosing the Paste menu dropdown, then "As Picture", then "Copy as picture...". In the resulting dialog box, I choose "As shown on scr...

Auto Archive problem
Hi All, We use Outlook 2003 Sp3. One of my users has this problem with the Auto Archive feature: certain folders of his mailbox don't get archived. The emails stay in these folders and others folders emails get moved to the PST file according to the Auto Archive settings. Even if I try to archive manually some of the forlers that don't work, nothing gets archived. What can I do with this? Regards, Are you aware that the Date used to archive is the Date Last Modified? This may be causing what you think is unsual behaviour. When were the items last modified? Regards Judy ...

Possible to set up a timer in Outlook?
I would like to have one of Outlook's reminders appear. Then, when I acknowlege it, I would like Outlook to, in effect, 'count down' until a certain period of time has elapsed, then pop up another reminder. In short, rather than a reminder that occurs at a specific time of day, I'd like a recurring reminder that only appears when a certain amount of time has elapsed after I manually acknowlege the last reminder. Is there an easy way to set up such a thing in Outlook? Thanks for any answers or suggestions. Schuh is my hero <no@mail> wrote: > I would like to ha...

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

exch 5.5 help

Problems sharing a file
I'm running Excel 97 SR2 and Win98SE. When I share the workbook Excel wants to save the book. OK. It then notifies me that it contains macros & VB code ... OK. I then get an illegal operation message and it closes Excel without saving. When I open the file again, sharing is not enabled. Did I miss something? Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong? Oscar ...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

OnActivateView problem
I have a class derived from CView, say CViewA. I have controls in a CDialogBar. when the view CViewA is activated I enable the button on the dialogbar and when it is deactivated I disable the buttons on the dialog bar. But i donot want the buttons to enable or disable when there is switch between same type of view. This is creating refreshing problem. First the CViewA, OnActivateView is called with bActivate equal to False, then the same function is called with bActivate equals to true. I used the following code to find which view is getting active:- CMainFrame *frame = (CMainFrame *)AfxGet...

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2