Help! Problem running pst19upg.exe via SMS

I have written a vbscript that will utilize pst19upg.exe to strip a
password from a pst file. (You may be asking yourself, why write a
script to do this when you can do it from the cmd line? Well, this
script is part of a much larger script, but I need this piece to work
first.)

Well, when I run the script out-of-pocket on my pc, everything works
great and the passwords are removed. However, when the script is
imported into an SMS package and pushed to my pc this way, the script
fails completely. I have checked to see if this is a permissions issue,
and that does not seem to be the case.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm at a loss!

Here's is a small portion of the code:

   Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

   psxName = Left(fileName, (Len(fileName) - 1)) & "x"
   bakName = Left(fileName, (Len(fileName) - 3)) & "bak"

   If fso.FileExists("pst19upg.exe") Then
      runString = "pst19upg -x " & Chr(34) & fileName & Chr(34)
      traceOut = traceOut & "Exporting psx file... ( " & runString & "
)" & vbcrlf
      'The following line works out-of-pocket, but fails with SMS
      wshShell.Run runString, 1, true
      If Not Err.Number = 0 Then
         etc.

Have you tried a different parameter for the window state in the Run line?
Possibly a hidden state might work better

<static.chi.cubs@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I have written a vbscript that will utilize pst19upg.exe to strip a
> password from a pst file. (You may be asking yourself, why write a
> script to do this when you can do it from the cmd line? Well, this
> script is part of a much larger script, but I need this piece to work
> first.)
>
> Well, when I run the script out-of-pocket on my pc, everything works
> great and the passwords are removed. However, when the script is
> imported into an SMS package and pushed to my pc this way, the script
> fails completely. I have checked to see if this is a permissions issue,
> and that does not seem to be the case.
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm at a loss!
>
> Here's is a small portion of the code:
>
>   Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
>   Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
>
>   psxName = Left(fileName, (Len(fileName) - 1)) & "x"
>   bakName = Left(fileName, (Len(fileName) - 3)) & "bak"
>
>   If fso.FileExists("pst19upg.exe") Then
>      runString = "pst19upg -x " & Chr(34) & fileName & Chr(34)
>      traceOut = traceOut & "Exporting psx file... ( " & runString & "
> )" & vbcrlf
>      'The following line works out-of-pocket, but fails with SMS
>      wshShell.Run runString, 1, true
>      If Not Err.Number = 0 Then
>         etc.

0
vince8328 (2733)
3/9/2006 11:19:42 AM
Yes, I have tried that and it did not yield a successful deployment.
However, I did find the root of the problem. It appears as though
Windows will not execute pst19upg unless: a) it is being run locally on
a given pc, or b) if being run on a remote server (this was my case),
one must map the server on his/her box prior to executing the file. I
chose to run the entire process (mapping, executing script,
disconnecting drive) from a batch file and everything works beautifully.

sumifs help

Help !

multi-thread problem
I am not sure how to correctly write this Worker Thread example program. And I realize that this specific problem is somewhat more of a C++ issue. But I really needed to make sure that I was correctly writing this part of the program. I've also encountered another problem, but I thought it could be connected with this first problem here. However, I would hoped to ask about it later. How do you write the statement that "post" the long integer in the Controller thread to the receiving function. UINT CThreadTestDlg::Thread1(LPVOID lParam) { CThreadTestDlg* pHwnd = (...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

ole drag and drop problem in a ListView
I've implemented ole drag and drop in my application's listview. My understanding is that I should get scrolling for free but I don't get any scrolling action. Am I missing something here? I'm new to OLE so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Omundu. ...

Problem copying table data as a picture onto chartsheet
I'm having a strange problem. I'm creating a special chart which has a pie chart on it as well as some tabular data that is formatted the way we want it on a worksheet, then pasted onto the chartsheet as a picture. (The pie chart aspect is working fine. I'm just having a problem with the tabular data.) When I copy the tabular data manually by selecting the data on the worksheet, then going to the Home tab and choosing the Paste menu dropdown, then "As Picture", then "Copy as picture...". In the resulting dialog box, I choose "As shown on scr...

Auto Archive problem
Hi All, We use Outlook 2003 Sp3. One of my users has this problem with the Auto Archive feature: certain folders of his mailbox don't get archived. The emails stay in these folders and others folders emails get moved to the PST file according to the Auto Archive settings. Even if I try to archive manually some of the forlers that don't work, nothing gets archived. What can I do with this? Regards, Are you aware that the Date used to archive is the Date Last Modified? This may be causing what you think is unsual behaviour. When were the items last modified? Regards Judy ...

exch 5.5 help

Problems sharing a file
I'm running Excel 97 SR2 and Win98SE. When I share the workbook Excel wants to save the book. OK. It then notifies me that it contains macros & VB code ... OK. I then get an illegal operation message and it closes Excel without saving. When I open the file again, sharing is not enabled. Did I miss something? Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong? Oscar ...

How do I create a table with data selected via a pass through que.
I see the data using a pass thru select query but when I try to use the query in a separate make tabel query, I get an error message. Has anyone done this before? Thx. On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:33:00 -0800, kandamj <kandamj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I see the data using a pass thru select query but when I try to use the query >in a separate make tabel query, I get an error message. Has anyone done this >before? Thx. You may want to try saving the passthrough query, and base a new MakeTable query on that saved query. The passthrough query runs on the host, and ha...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Does HQ run better on XP or Win Server 2003?
I'm running HQ on a win2000 machine. I would like to upgrade. Does it run better in XP or Win Server 2003? Is it certified for Win Server 2003? HQ will run fine on either. Remember that there are many components to "HQ" - Server, Client, Manager and a database - you may want to split those functions across several systems. We normally recommend a full version of SQL Server rather than MSDE for HQ Environments, and that requires a Server OS - consider Small Business Server Premier which includes SQL Server as well as Win 2K3 Sever and some of the other MS Back Office s...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

OnActivateView problem
I have a class derived from CView, say CViewA. I have controls in a CDialogBar. when the view CViewA is activated I enable the button on the dialogbar and when it is deactivated I disable the buttons on the dialog bar. But i donot want the buttons to enable or disable when there is switch between same type of view. This is creating refreshing problem. First the CViewA, OnActivateView is called with bActivate equal to False, then the same function is called with bActivate equals to true. I used the following code to find which view is getting active:- CMainFrame *frame = (CMainFrame *)AfxGet...

Macro Help

help me #2

cant connect via emails
i cant click on web addresses in email. it used to link to those web sites automatically but now nothing happens. i must have changed something but i dont know what! ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

receiving mail problem
I am on a network running Microsoft Backoffice (I think) and XP Professional on our workstations. Last week we statred rejecting or bouncing incoming emaild from certain addresses. They faxed us the message which says "this message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server." We have not changed any settings or done anything different. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. > I am on a network running Microsoft Backoffice (I think) and XP > Professional on our workstations. Last week we statred rejecting or > bouncing incom...

Exchange 5.5 Problem
I can't send email to this email address and I know it works since I tested it using my yahoo and hotmail accounts. For some reason our exchange 5.5 server is not sending it out. This is the message I get in return. "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test email Sent: 1/6/2004 10:25am The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'frednezzar@club-internet.fr' on 1/6/2004 10:25am The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ; p=hmt;l=londondc-04010616244...