Help please with Tasks and my PocketPC

I am trying to use Outlook 2003 as my contact manager. I am syncing to
an Ipaq Pocket PC. The problem is this:

When I look at the contact record, I choose "ACTIONS" then "NEW TASK
FOR CONTACT". When I do that, I get a new window titled
"UNTITLED-TASK".

I make sure the contact is entered into the "CONTACTS" field on the
bottom of the form. In the subject field I type something like "CALL
TO FOLLOW UP" and I choose today's date as the due date�close and
save.

It then syncs to my handheld�the problem is that the "TASK" on my
PocketPC says:
"CALL TO FOLLOW UP" and nothing else. No contact, no phone number, no
company, no link�nothing. I have a list of tasks and they all say the
same thing. When I am on the road, how the heck am I to know who to
call to follow up?

Do I have to type their name and phone number into the "SUBJECT" field
every time? If so, this really stinks.

Am I missing something? Is there a better way?

Thank for your help.

Marc Ward
Milwaukee, WI

> Do I have to type their name and phone number into the "SUBJECT" field
> every time? If so, this really stinks.

You have to do something to put that information there if you want it in the
task on the PocketPC, which can't do a lookup to the related contact as
Outlook can.

One way to can accomplish what you want is with a little custom VBA code.
For an example, see http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=566

Please do not multipost in the future.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Marc Ward" <mward.agentoutlook@zoemail.net> wrote in message
> Help please with Tasks and my PocketPC
>
> I am trying to use Outlook 2003 as my contact manager. I am syncing to
> an Ipaq Pocket PC. The problem is this:
>
> When I look at the contact record, I choose "ACTIONS" then "NEW TASK
> FOR CONTACT". When I do that, I get a new window titled
> "UNTITLED-TASK".
>
> I make sure the contact is entered into the "CONTACTS" field on the
> bottom of the form. In the subject field I type something like "CALL
> TO FOLLOW UP" and I choose today's date as the due date.close and
> save.
>
> It then syncs to my handheld.the problem is that the "TASK" on my
> PocketPC says:
> "CALL TO FOLLOW UP" and nothing else. No contact, no phone number, no
> company, no link.nothing. I have a list of tasks and they all say the
> same thing. When I am on the road, how the heck am I to know who to
> call to follow up?
>
> Do I have to type their name and phone number into the "SUBJECT" field
> every time? If so, this really stinks.
>
> Am I missing something? Is there a better way?
>
> Thank for your help.
>
> Marc Ward
> Milwaukee, WI

0
suemvp (4038)

Autofill help
When I drag down in excel 2000 , autofill copies the first number down in the column, instead of increasing them by 1. How can I change this, so that the numbers increase. Thank you in advance for your help. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.509 / Virus Database: 306 - Release Date: 8/12/2003 Right click when you fill down and select fill series, otherwise type 1 in the first cell and 2 in the second, then select both and fill down -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "mashadi" <bigmashadi@hotmail.com...

changing the CRM default user
We installed the production version of CRM last week on new servers, etc. from our test install. When I installed the CRM Server, I was logged in as Administrator as opposed to the CRMAdmin account that I had wanted by accident. During the install wizard, I used the CRMAdmin account as the account when Specifying the security account for CRM, Crystal & asp.net. The install was "successful". When I tried using CRM, I was getting a bunch of errors with Crystal (don't ask me what they are at the moment). I was also getting a snap-in failed error in the deployment manager si...

Printer and Task Scheduler Definitions
Is there a file or folder of files on WinXP that defines the PC's printer definitions and Scheduled Tasks. If so, it would be much easier to replicate these to a new PC or back them up for safety. -- Peter Marshall Manager Information Services Ohio Coatings Company What do you mean by "printer definitions" - I've never heard of those and I've been a PC user/builder for over 10 years? On Feb 23, 9:37=A0am, "Peter Marshall" <peter.marsh...@ohiocoatingscompany.com> wrote: > Is there a file or folder of files on WinXP that de...

test for #NA , help please
Hello I have a column of numbers (eg in column A), some of which are set to #NA by entering NA() as part of an IF function.. I need to do this to avoid the cell being plotted on chart . No problem. In another column I need to test the cell. If it has a number in it I want to return the number 100, if it is #NA I need to set it to 25. How do I test a cell for the value #NA ?? I have tried =IF(A1=NA(), 25,100), but just get #NA again. Help please ? K On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:19:35 +0100, dido22 wrote: > > I have a column of numbers (eg in column A), some of which are set to #...

Help with cell reference
I need help with cell reference in cells. In cells A3:A21 I have a list of store numbers and in cells Y3:Y21 I have scores. In cells D28:D32 I have the top 5 stores scores. I have figured out to get the top 5 scores to populate in cells D28:D32 by using the LARGE function =LARGE($Y$3:$Y$21,1). Now I need the have the stores numbers to populate in cells C28:C32 next to the scores in D28:D32. I have tried several formulas to get this to work with success. VLOOKUP,INDEX/MATCH. I need some help and direction. in C28: =INDEX(A$3:A$21,MATCH(D28,Y$3:Y$21,0)) and fill down "...

HELP Please!!!!! I am really stuck and need help badly with 2 problems
I have created a modal dialog box has has a toolbar derived object on it. On the toolbar are 2 combo boxes, 1 for changing fonts and 1 for sizes. In the toolbar class, I have the ON_CBN_SELCHANGE handler for both of them. In the handler, I call GetOwner()->SendMessage(WM_NOTIFY, fh.idFrom, (LPARAM)&fh); 2nd param = the tool bar and the 3rd = CHARFORMAT structure I have confirmed that the Owner of the control is the dialog box. the SendMessage returns a 0 In the dialog box I have the following ON_NOTIFY(FN_SETFORMAT, IDR_FORMATBAR, OnSetCharFormat) I set my cursor in the OnSetChar...

If statement help #6
I am trying to write a formula using multiple if statements or some other method in Excel and I cannot seem to make it work. Here is the scenario: If B9 > 0 then calculate value (E9) using (B9/.8) else if C9 > 0 then calculate value (E9) using (C9/.9) else E9. This is an insurance application dealing with coinsurance and conversion to 100%. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. -- ekfinch ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ekfinch's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28658 View this thread: http://w...

Outlook 7 display all tasks including repeated
In Outlook 7 tasks when you have a repeated task only the next task is diplayed. How do I change that so all tasks are displayed. For example if I have a task repeated every week and I look three weeks ahead to see what tasks are scheduled for that day it is not indicated. -- John07726 You can't. The next task of a repeated task is only generated after you have marked the current task as finished. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:...

Need help in removing large email from Outbox
How do I remove a large email from my outbox without it freezing up my computer and blocking me from sending new mail? I was trying to send a compassed file and it has frozen my computer each time I've tried to delete it. It there a way to stop this? ...

PLEASE UPDATE PHOTODRAW!!!!!!!!
This program is so cool - why did it not get an update in 2003? Please don't tell me it's been shelved. It's a great and cheap alternative to Photoshop. PLEASE UPDATE IT!!!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/c...

identity removal help!
My son added a password to an identity for an email account. He doesn't remember the password. Any way to remove the indentity in outlook express Hi, JC - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55....

Help with this code please !!!!!!!
I have use the code set below in other files but in this new file I am getting an error on "Cells.Select". "Select method of Range class failed" Any idea whats going on? Sheets("Completions Summary").Select Cells.Select Selection.Copy Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Application.CutCopyMode = False Range("A4").Select are you sure you have the sheet name correct? no need to select, i'd use something like this: With Worksheets("Completions Summary").Cells .Copy ...

help filling in documents
have a form opened in powerpoint and need help completing/adding text/words, etc. Am using trial version so no tech support available. Have tried understanding training info, but this is my FIRST TIME AT THIS and really need assistance. I may have to un in stall if can't get this going. I have Windows XP home ed. and have Microsoft Office 2007. ANY HELP WOULD BE WONDERFUL- I am sooo ignorant about this and cannot even navigate in the form after I open it in Powerpoint 2007 What do you mean by, "form"? What do you mean by, "document"? If you start...

Outlook rules puzzle for clever people....help please!
I have a puzzle which I would like someone to help solve if at all possible! If I may explain..... I have two business email accounts on two separate networks which cannot be connected together. On both networks the client software is Outlook 2003. With Network A, I can only access emails while physically in the office. With Network B, I can access emails from any physical location via webmail. I would rather manage all of my email in one place which is accessible from anywhere. It is trivially easy to do this on Hetwork A, by configuring an Outlook rule on Network B to redirect or...

Move Mailbox Task
I am consolidating mailboxes from two servers located at branch offices to a Exchange 2003 SP2 server located at HQ. I have been able to move most of the mailboxes, but there are about a dozen mailboxes on each of the branch servers that fail. The errors in the application log on the destination server are 1023 1008 9172. -- Sr. Network Administrator MILLER LEGG 1800 N. Douglas Road Pembroke Pines, FL 33024 CE News 2002 & 2003 "Top 50 Best Places to Work in USA" On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 05:44:02 -0700, treaston2 <treaston2@news.postalias> wrote: >I am consolidating...

HELP ME
I've got a big problem, i installed SFO but in outlook the toolbar crm doesn't appear, so i go to toll (in outlook) other - COM add - i remove and i add crmaddin.dll and i restar my computer, but the problem is still there. I don't know what can i do!!! maybe if i break my computer, i will be relax!!! PLEASE HELP ME, GIVE ME THE GOOD SOLUTION OF THIS PROBLEM, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME!!! give me lot of solution Thanks to reply First off, can you still go to the web site without issue? If you can, focus on SFO, otherwise focus on the server. Back to SFO: I would also clea...

Help with laying out data for a chart
Excel 2003 Hello, I am trying to lay out my data for a chart but am not able to get the desired results. I would like to be able to list minimum and maximum salaries for various positions in my company and to be able to chart this information so the chart shows the minimum and maximum salaries by position. As an example, I have laid out my data in the following format: Cell B1: Minimum, Cell C1: Maximum, Cell A2: Admin Asst, Cell B2: $25,000, Cell C2: $35,000, Cell A3: Manager, Cell B3: $44,000, Cell C3: $59,000 My goal is to create a chart that shows the position name on the left si...

help commas before data
Ok, i have these tick marks (they're comma's) in every cell before my data, for example '27458, '33354 I can't get a vlookup to work unless i get rid of the comma's. the problem is i have 28000 rows to fix. Any ideas? I'm using Excel 2000. TIA James sorry, i meant apostrophes "James" <james@guidant.com> wrote in message news:O6WtngAJFHA.3812@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Ok, i have these tick marks (they're comma's) in every cell before my data, > for example '27458, '33354 > > I can't get a vlookup to work unless i...

Public Folder frustration .. pls help
Hi, Please help me with the following issue : Issue : No Schedule+Free Busy folder is shown after i recreated public folder store. I have deleted and recreated public folder store using following steps: ============== -Shut down Exchange. -Delete the public folder database files, which are pub1.edb and pub1.stm, and are found in the \Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\ folder. Restart Exchange. -In the Exchange Service Manager, go to the public folder store object and mount it. This will generate a warning that a new database will be created. Once the public folder store is mounted and working, the sy...

Need Help with If Statement 12-31-07
The following code runs on Form Current: ---------------------------------------- Private Sub Form_Current() Dim strSQL As String Dim db As DAO.Database Set db = DBEngine(0)(0) strSQL = "INSERT INTO LastVisitedRecord ( lvCompanyID ) " _ & " VALUES ( " & Me.ID & " ) " db.Execute strSQL Set db = Nothing End Sub ---------------------------------------- However, when creating a new record, I receive an error on the INSERT INTO statement, because there is no value to insert. How would I construct an If statement with this ...

Pre-Defined Task List/Summary/Path
I work for a real estate company and am trying to create a pre-defined path of tasks in Outlook. For example, if escrow opens on a given day, then 3 days from now I need to be reminded that I need to send condo docs, and three days from then (or from start) I need to call the buyer, etc. I then want to be able to apply this path of tasks to each and every contract without having to re-define each due date for each task. Is this possible? Do I need to create a custom macro? Is there a plug in available for download? I am using 2000 -- do I need to upgrade? Thanks! Depending on the ...

Workbook is taking 2
I have a workbook that contains 1,000 rows. The workbook has months accross (from Jan-01 to present). There are 'Sumif' formulas in every cell for every month. When the workbook was first created it would save on demand. However, the file now takes approximately 2 - 3 minutes to save. I suspect the numerous 'Sumif' formulas carry a lot of overhead. What can I do to get it to save faster. Note: The Sumif formulas are linking to data in another workbook ...

Help, 'requested tasks' dialog box won't go away!
Hello-- Outlook 2000 is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook insists on displaying it's dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, but does not make any difference whether checked or unchecked. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a resolution? I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (that issue resolved).. Also, the send/receive icon no long appears in the tray...(XP Home) Thank you for your help! ...

i want to send email every i trail it said error on server please
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "i want to send email the server said err" <i want to send email the server said err@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E9845EE-A272-44E4-BD89-6F145AB0B0E6@microsoft.com... | "i want to send email the server said err" <i want to send email the server said err@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E9845EE-A272-44E4-BD...

Field Health in My Tasks
Hello, I used to click on the field Health in My Tasks page to get a pop up menu with 6 options : Not Specified, On Schedule, Late.... After SP2 + December CU, and IE 8, I don't get this menu any more. On another server with SP2 + December CU, and IE 7, I still get these options. Is there a setting somewhere to allow the display of this pop up menu ? Thanks Hi, With the administrator permissions, in the Tasks Settings and Display page of PWA, unchek the option: Time entry by Timesheet only. Users will sync to update tasks. G�rard Ducouret > Hello, > I u...