HELP Outlook send/receive mail icon every 30 or so seconds

I am running office xp, outlook 2002. I just installed
dsl broadband with a dual connect modem. The broadband
tech originally set modem up as bridge and all was fine
except I had to use windows dialer for connection. Next
tech resolved the problem ?? by setting modem up as
router. BIG TROUBLE, Outlook would hang, slow loadup and
just have all sorts of problems. I did a system restore
and brought system back to where modem was before it was
changed to a router. Problem is, outlook is now showing
the send/receive mail icon every 30 seconds, however it
is not actually sending or receiving because my mail
stays in outbox unless I manual send/receive (which is
what I want) however I can't get rid of the flase
send/receive every 30seconds and it slows my system when
it occurs.
0
anonymous (74725)

Automatically viewing picture attachments in Outlook 2002
I tried to search in this newsgroup but couldn't find the answer. Is there any way that outlook can automatically view picture attachments like in outlook express. Thanks. No. Outlook doesn't support inline image viewing. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "...

sumifs help

Help !

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

Help with this thing

Outlook Express #222
Can I sent-up to send an Automatic Reply to my incoming mail while I am out of the office from Outlook Express? Do I need additional software in order to do this? ...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Auto Archive problem
Hi All, We use Outlook 2003 Sp3. One of my users has this problem with the Auto Archive feature: certain folders of his mailbox don't get archived. The emails stay in these folders and others folders emails get moved to the PST file according to the Auto Archive settings. Even if I try to archive manually some of the forlers that don't work, nothing gets archived. What can I do with this? Regards, Are you aware that the Date used to archive is the Date Last Modified? This may be causing what you think is unsual behaviour. When were the items last modified? Regards Judy ...

exch 5.5 help

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

Receivables Aging Process Error
During processing Cash Receipts, we had a power failure at our offices. I am getting the following error when Aging Receivables: "Documents exist in a recovered batch or in an interrupted transaction-level posting session that have not been posted. If you continue, only the documents that have been posted will be included". Does anyone have an idea how we can troubleshoot this problem? Maria, Did you look in Batch Recovery? Is there anything in there? Have you tried running check links? -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Maria" <betty@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Possible to set up a timer in Outlook?
I would like to have one of Outlook's reminders appear. Then, when I acknowlege it, I would like Outlook to, in effect, 'count down' until a certain period of time has elapsed, then pop up another reminder. In short, rather than a reminder that occurs at a specific time of day, I'd like a recurring reminder that only appears when a certain amount of time has elapsed after I manually acknowlege the last reminder. Is there an easy way to set up such a thing in Outlook? Thanks for any answers or suggestions. Schuh is my hero <no@mail> wrote: > I would like to ha...

Send pdf inline (not as attachment)
Is there a way to send a pdf file as the message and not as an attachment? I want to be sure that every recipient sees exactly what I sent in exactly the format I sent it. Thanks Ehm... "I want to be sure that every recipient sees exactly what I sent in exactly the format I sent it." Then you'll need to send it as a PDF as the message format also depends on the mailclient being used an whether or not the mailserver supports that type of formatting. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an O...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Envelope not shown for new email in Outlook 2003 SP3
One of my users has a problem where the envelope does not show in the task bar next to the clock when new mail arrives in Outlook 2003 SP3. The settings are properly set - show an envelope icon in the notification area, display a new mail mail desktop alert. It did work for the longest time, now does not. Does anyone know why the envelope will not show when he received new email - internal or internet mail, and if you know a way to resolve ? maybe re-install Outlook ? thanks, Bob ...

Outlook Express #280
I am not receiving emails for a few days now. How can I find them and solve the problem Karen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not receiving emails for a few days now. How can I > find them and solve the problem Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

outlook is too slowly
HI ,all Is there someone can help me, My outlook is too slowly and it cost too many memory. I'm using outlook 2003 and CRM3 client. They are all install nearly so not many emails. when I open the outlook 2003,I can see that outlook cost 180M and CRM3 client cost 150M memory. My god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

How can I know if a e-mail was delivered succesfully?
Hello How can I know if a e-mail was delivered succesfully? I sent some days ago a confidential e-mail. I know that I can to set a e-mail before to send but not after... may be from Exchange server it's possible? Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 Thanks Henpat no, that's not possible...if you didn't have delivery or read receipt selected before you sent the message, you can't do that afterward and get the receipt... "henpat" <henpat63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u7yToJyIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How can I know if a e-mail wa...