HELP!- Outlook 2002 and Windows Installer

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C48A75.535D59D0

Everytime I open Outlook 2002 - the "Windows Installer" dialog box =
appears. On the first instance of opening Outlook 2002 after a reboot or =
cold start - the "Windows Installer" actually goes through what appears =
to be the installation of a ?????. Repeated openings of Outlook 2002 =
reveals the dialog box for about two seconds then it closes. This just =
started.

O/S: Win XP- Pro

System: Desktop Machine Intel Based

--=20
Brad
------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C48A75.535D59D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D2>
<P>Everytime I open Outlook 2002 - the "Windows Installer" dialog box =
appears.=20
On the first instance of opening Outlook 2002 after a reboot or cold =
start - the=20
"Windows Installer" actually goes through what appears to be the =
installation of=20
a ?????. Repeated openings of Outlook 2002 reveals the dialog box for =
about two=20
seconds then it closes. This just started.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>O/S: Win XP- Pro</P>
<P>System: Desktop Machine Intel Based</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>-- =
<BR>Brad</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C48A75.535D59D0--

0
noone3473 (2)

Appearantly it is fixing something. Does it ask for the CD? If so; insert
the CD and let it have a go with it.

Also check the Event Viewer for any specifc messages and why it wants to
repair in the first place.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Brad" <noone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
Everytime I open Outlook 2002 - the "Windows Installer" dialog box appears.
On the first instance of opening Outlook 2002 after a reboot or cold start -
the "Windows Installer" actually goes through what appears to be the
installation of a ?????. Repeated openings of Outlook 2002 reveals the
dialog box for about two seconds then it closes. This just started.

O/S: Win XP- Pro
System: Desktop Machine Intel Based

--
Brad

0
Roady
8/25/2004 2:38:11 PM
Hi Thank you
No it never asks for the CD - if I download the Windows Installer Fix
program do you know if that works?

Brad

--
Brad Lund
message news:uPrAgDriEHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Appearantly it is fixing something. Does it ask for the CD? If so; insert
> the CD and let it have a go with it.
>
> Also check the Event Viewer for any specifc messages and why it wants to
> repair in the first place.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "Brad" <noone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
> Everytime I open Outlook 2002 - the "Windows Installer" dialog box
appears.
> On the first instance of opening Outlook 2002 after a reboot or cold
start -
> the "Windows Installer" actually goes through what appears to be the
> installation of a ?????. Repeated openings of Outlook 2002 reveals the
> dialog box for about two seconds then it closes. This just started.
>
> O/S: Win XP- Pro
> System: Desktop Machine Intel Based
>

> --
> Brad

0
noone3473 (2)
8/25/2004 3:05:40 PM
Insert the CD, start Setup and and choose for a repair on Office. Then go to
http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate to fully update your copy of Office
XP and see if the installer stays away now.

--

> Hi Thank you
> No it never asks for the CD - if I download the Windows Installer Fix
> program do you know if that works?
>
> Brad
>
> --
> Brad Lund
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in
> message news:uPrAgDriEHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Appearantly it is fixing something. Does it ask for the CD? If so; insert
>> the CD and let it have a go with it.
>>
>> Also check the Event Viewer for any specifc messages and why it wants to
>> repair in the first place.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>
>> -----
>> "Brad" <noone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
>> Everytime I open Outlook 2002 - the "Windows Installer" dialog box
> appears.
>> On the first instance of opening Outlook 2002 after a reboot or cold
> start -
>> the "Windows Installer" actually goes through what appears to be the
>> installation of a ?????. Repeated openings of Outlook 2002 reveals the
>> dialog box for about two seconds then it closes. This just started.
>>
>> O/S: Win XP- Pro
>> System: Desktop Machine Intel Based
>>

>> --
>> Brad

0
Roady

Automatically viewing picture attachments in Outlook 2002
I tried to search in this newsgroup but couldn't find the answer. Is there any way that outlook can automatically view picture attachments like in outlook express. Thanks. No. Outlook doesn't support inline image viewing. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "...

Unable to install dpm 2007 sp1 agent to Server 2008R2
I am unable to do an install of the dpm agent to server 2008R2, from DPM Manager I get errors, manual install seems to work, but dpm server is unable to communicate, the is the AgentBootstapperCurr.errlog: PS. I first installed the updated version from 1038 directory, then uninstalled and installed the original SP1 one: 0D28 0A10 04/03 11:39:58.204 14 main.cpp(1801) Failed: F: lVal : (HANDLE)(schService = OpenServiceW( schSCManager, strServiceName.PeekStr(), (0x00010000L) | 0x0020 | 0x0004)): 0x80070424 0D28 0A10 04/03 11:39:58.204 14 main.cpp(1839) DeleteServiceByName for...

Reply window size
Whenever I reply to a message, the window always maximizes, and the fonts change. I'm more concerned about just having the reply window stay teh regular size as the e-mail I am reading and replying to. Thanks. ...

sumifs help

Help !

KB979202 (Silverlight (1) failed to install
Rebooted, shut down all occurrences of IE, tried what I know. Installation returns error code 64C (doesn't help me at all). Any solutions? Nisko wrote: > Rebooted, shut down all occurrences of IE, tried what I know. Installation > returns error code 64C (doesn't help me at all). Any solutions? Uninstall it ? That's the best recommendation I can give for a totally unnecessary multimedia format that was pushed out by Windows Update for no apparent reason other then to increase ad revenue for Microsoft. MowGreen ================ * -343-* FDNY Never F...

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

Help with this thing

Outlook Express #222
Can I sent-up to send an Automatic Reply to my incoming mail while I am out of the office from Outlook Express? Do I need additional software in order to do this? ...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Auto Archive problem
Hi All, We use Outlook 2003 Sp3. One of my users has this problem with the Auto Archive feature: certain folders of his mailbox don't get archived. The emails stay in these folders and others folders emails get moved to the PST file according to the Auto Archive settings. Even if I try to archive manually some of the forlers that don't work, nothing gets archived. What can I do with this? Regards, Are you aware that the Date used to archive is the Date Last Modified? This may be causing what you think is unsual behaviour. When were the items last modified? Regards Judy ...

exch 5.5 help

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

Possible to set up a timer in Outlook?
I would like to have one of Outlook's reminders appear. Then, when I acknowlege it, I would like Outlook to, in effect, 'count down' until a certain period of time has elapsed, then pop up another reminder. In short, rather than a reminder that occurs at a specific time of day, I'd like a recurring reminder that only appears when a certain amount of time has elapsed after I manually acknowlege the last reminder. Is there an easy way to set up such a thing in Outlook? Thanks for any answers or suggestions. Schuh is my hero <no@mail> wrote: > I would like to ha...

C#.net windows application
Since I am new to c#.net 2008 but I have worked a little with visual basic.net 2005, I have the following questions I would like to ask: 1. When I am looking at a .sln file that I will be maintaining a work, I can see there are lots of static void Main() methods in a file called program.cs throughout the solution in separate folderts. Can you tell me the purpose of this kind of code? Does this instantiate an object, is this a class libary member? 2. When running the C#.net 2008 professional version windows application, how do I know which 'main' method is being called? ...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Envelope not shown for new email in Outlook 2003 SP3
One of my users has a problem where the envelope does not show in the task bar next to the clock when new mail arrives in Outlook 2003 SP3. The settings are properly set - show an envelope icon in the notification area, display a new mail mail desktop alert. It did work for the longest time, now does not. Does anyone know why the envelope will not show when he received new email - internal or internet mail, and if you know a way to resolve ? maybe re-install Outlook ? thanks, Bob ...

Windows XP 64bit Movie Maker
Hi, Currently i'm using some 32bit Windows Movie Maker filters (*.ax / *.dll) as effects in a project i'm building, and i have to port my project to 64bits. Because 32bit filters don't work on a 64bit system, my question is : does it exist a Windows Movie Maker 64Bit for Windows XP 64bit? Thanks, Alex. ...

Outlook Express #280
I am not receiving emails for a few days now. How can I find them and solve the problem Karen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not receiving emails for a few days now. How can I > find them and solve the problem Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

outlook is too slowly
HI ,all Is there someone can help me, My outlook is too slowly and it cost too many memory. I'm using outlook 2003 and CRM3 client. They are all install nearly so not many emails. when I open the outlook 2003,I can see that outlook cost 180M and CRM3 client cost 150M memory. My god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...