HELP: Lost all my old emails

Hello,

First there was the power failure.  Then there was Windows XP recovery
program (that ran automatically).  Now, my desktop is blown away and all my
Outlook emails and contacts are gone.

Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory?  Don't say search
for dbx files.   My computer doesn't have any.   I'm running Windows XP
media edition.

Regards and thanks.

0
nospam7515 (2086)

do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for
your personal address book. If those arent there.. You
might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where
they are backed up.. for just this reason. Good luck.
-Justin

0
anonymous (74717)
11/19/2003 10:37:35 PM
I believe I'm screwed.   I never used the autoarchive feature.   Isn't that
what generates pst files?

"justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for
> your personal address book. If those arent there.. You
> might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where
> they are backed up.. for just this reason. Good luck.
> -Justin

0
nospam7515 (2086)
11/19/2003 10:56:19 PM
I had the same problem.  Make sure when you do a search
for PST files that you have "show hidden files" checked.
from explorer tools, options, view.  There is a new
download utility available on the office update site which
will creat automatic backups of your pst files.  I
recommend installing it!
0
anonymous (74717)
11/20/2003 2:59:46 AM
Thank your for your suggestion.  Showing hidden files did the trick.  I
located an Outlook pst file that is 8 Mb big.   How do I go about restoring
this?

Thanks.

"seematt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had the same problem.  Make sure when you do a search
> for PST files that you have "show hidden files" checked.
> from explorer tools, options, view.  There is a new
> download utility available on the office update site which
> will creat automatic backups of your pst files.  I
> recommend installing it!

0
nospam7515 (2086)
11/20/2003 11:49:22 AM
Never mind, I figured it out.

Thank you, thank you, thank you........

"Bubba bin Bubba" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Thank your for your suggestion.  Showing hidden files did the trick.  I
> located an Outlook pst file that is 8 Mb big.   How do I go about
restoring
> this?
>
> Thanks.
>

> "seematt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I had the same problem.  Make sure when you do a search
> > for PST files that you have "show hidden files" checked.
> > from explorer tools, options, view.  There is a new
> > download utility available on the office update site which
> > will creat automatic backups of your pst files.  I
> > recommend installing it!

0
nospam7515 (2086)
11/20/2003 12:07:38 PM
>I believe I'm screwed.   I never used the autoarchive feature.   Isn't that
>what generates pst files?

Yes and no.  AutoArchive does generate PST files, but your Personal Folders
are also in a PST file.  So it your Outlook Today, if you're not using an
Exchange server.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

sumifs help

Old Question
On Novembre 04th 2009, I posted one Question labeld "Error 2001, Access 2007, Subform Bookmark", that had some replays from Jeanette Cunningham. Today I looked for them to review again, but they are not anymore available. I googled them I found that other sites still have them, but you don´t. What I have to do to continue with my request. Regards. On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:05:01 -0800, Jose Antonio Vial <JoseAntonioVial@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >On Novembre 04th 2009, I posted one Question labeld "Error 2001, Access 2007, >Subform B...

Public Folders can't receive email from outside sources.
This is on an exchange 2003 server. When external email is addressed to the public folder the sender gets these messages. I can send to this address from inside without error. Suggestions please. Thanks. Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:30:23 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;SubbasinPlanning@nwppc.org Action: failed Status: 5.2.1 X-Display-Name: Subbasin Planning Download Attachment: attachment21 Attachment21: Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, ...

HTML Emails Loose Formatting on Forward / Reply
We are currently sending out some HTML emails (via a programmatic tool) to members of our company who use Outlook 2000 -2004. These emails use inline style definitions (i.e. defined in the header) that are applied throughout the email (i.e. to table cells, paragraphs, etc.). The problem is: The styles seem to come through fine when the user first receives the email, but when a user replies or forwards the email, the outlook/word editor seems to generate its own interpretation of those styles which ends up being very different from how they orginally looked. I've seen other HTML based em...

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

Support Email to Support Case
I've only earned about two days of experience with this program so far, so here goes my first request... I have the Pro Suite 1.2 version of CRM and I've successfully setup a Queue User so that all emails that come to Support@***.com are automatically entered into CRM. I would like to have CRM automatically create a CASE with this email, or at least have a CASE created when someone accepts or assigns the email. Is this possible? Is this something I'll need the Workflow Manager for? Thanks for your help in advance, Vito You need www.c360.com's Email to Case module. It&#...

exch 5.5 help

CRM 3.0 Invalid Association error when sending email
On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know about this? Thanks! Hi. I also have the "Invalid Association" error when sending email, did anyone find a resolution to this? Thanks in Advance. Dav "Troy" wrote: > On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The > request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know > about this? Thanks! Reply to self - turned out to be the authe...

new emails that are really a month old that reload every few minutes
Help. Every few minutes, I have to delete 28 "new" emails...this is a brand new problem that started yesterday. The same emails from October keep showing up as new very few minutes...I've had to delete hundreds of emails today. Why is this happening? Is there some reason you aren't deleting messages from the POP server after downloading them? Allison wrote: > Help. Every few minutes, I have to delete 28 "new" > emails...this is a brand new problem that started > yesterday. The same emails from October keep showing up > as new very few minutes....

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Can't load old .PST files
I have Microsoft Outlook 2000 and have saved my .PST files before reformating. After installing Outlook 2000, I tried to get all my mail/calendar/contacts back by using the .PST files I had saved but it doesn't work. I have a file named outlook.pst and one caled archive.pst. How can I use them? If trying to 'read' frm a cd you cannot OL requires read/write access. Copy frm cd to hd, ensure read only flag is off, then in OL File/Open/Personal Folders.... browse to location David "Louise" <pou@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:064201c36b45$9136f7c0$a101280a@p...

Envelope not shown for new email in Outlook 2003 SP3
One of my users has a problem where the envelope does not show in the task bar next to the clock when new mail arrives in Outlook 2003 SP3. The settings are properly set - show an envelope icon in the notification area, display a new mail mail desktop alert. It did work for the longest time, now does not. Does anyone know why the envelope will not show when he received new email - internal or internet mail, and if you know a way to resolve ? maybe re-install Outlook ? thanks, Bob ...

email a worksheet
Is there a way to email, just one worksheet froma workbook, don't want to send entire workbook, right now have to do alot of copy/paste into an email with just content want. Excel 2007/Outlook 2007 on Vista enterprise HTH: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/mail3.htm Micky "Nadine" wrote: > Is there a way to email, just one worksheet froma workbook, don't want to > send entire workbook, > right now have to do alot of copy/paste into an email with just content want. > > Excel 2007/Outlook 2007 on Vista enterprise ...

Cannot Read Emails in Public Folders
We have Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 running in native mode. Client is Outlook 2003 There are two Public Folders that are e-mail enabled. I can send email to them and in Outlook I can see the list of mail items however when I (as administrator) go to open them I get the message Can't open this item. Unknown Error. The strange thing is yesterday, when I set up these folders and sent a test message to them - I could open them. Now today I cannot open any of the previous messages sent yesterday or new ones sent now. I can however delete the items! I can post to the folder but a...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

Multiple incoming emails
Why do I get mulitples in incoming emails (5)? I've check under accounts, and only have one active. Just started 2 days ago. "momof2" <momof2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BF8AB8-2620-48C8-9A30-7D750BF7A17B@microsoft.com... > Why do I get mulitples in incoming emails (5)? I've check under accounts, > and > only have one active. Just started 2 days ago. See if something here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction