HELP - Junk Rules NOT WORKING!!!

The only junk rules I have which seem to work are those that filter on the
recipients name, absolutely NONE of them work that use words in the subject
or message.

I am bombarded with more and more junk mail every day, it takes more and
more time away from my work.

Is there a secret to writing junk rules filtering for words?  I know it
won't look at HTML messages but the subject isn't in HTML, or is it????

All help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Mich

Here's a little of what I found in some of today's junk email based on what
you suggested....

(I used this site for the info:
http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation)

If only there were a pattern!  None seem to come from the same place....

But, back to the original question; why doesn't filtering on words in the
subject line work?
Mich

M Skabialka wrote:

> Here's a little of what I found in some of today's junk email based on what
> you suggested....
>
> (I used this site for the info:
> http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation)
>
> If only there were a pattern!  None seem to come from the same place....
>
> But, back to the original question; why doesn't filtering on words in the
> subject line work?
> Mich
>

> "FreshDB" <someone@company.com> wrote in message
>
>>You probably want to begin filtering on the message header. I've received

>>lot of spam from "isp.webly.net" I now delete all messages that come from
>>that address.
>>
>>I discovered this by keeping all of my spam for a short period of time and
>>then viewing the headers by right-clicking and selecting "options" on an
>>individual message. After you look at several messages you should see a
>>pattern.
>>
>>I checked the lines before the from lines to get to the IP address and not
>>the "usually" spoofed return address. To get some information that is
>
> harder
>
>>to fake. Hope this helps.
>>
>>D. Bryant
>>
>>"M Skabialka" <Remove NOSPAM from reply address> wrote in message
>>
>>>The only junk rules I have which seem to work are those that filter on
>
> the
>
>>>recipients name, absolutely NONE of them work that use words in the
>>
>>subject
>>
>>>or message.
>>>
>>>I am bombarded with more and more junk mail every day, it takes more and
>>>more time away from my work.
>>>
>>>Is there a secret to writing junk rules filtering for words?  I know it
>>>won't look at HTML messages but the subject isn't in HTML, or is it????
>>>
>>>All help would be appreciated!
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Mich

Wouldn't it be nice if someone from Microsoft had a reply???? This sucks!!
0
tk1 (11)

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Anybody recently gotten IActiveDesktop to work?
I am trying to resolve the IActiveDesktop 'undeclared identifier' error and I've tried everything I've ever found in googled posts with no success. Just including "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Including "wininet.h" before "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Undef'ing the IE version and manually defining it to 0x400 doesn't work (tried before including wininet.h and shlobj.h) Et cetera... Anyone... Bueller...? WTH Answer is: You MUST define wininet.h BEFORE afxdisp.h otherwise you can't define IActiveDesktop vis shellobj.h. G...

Support Email to Support Case
I've only earned about two days of experience with this program so far, so here goes my first request... I have the Pro Suite 1.2 version of CRM and I've successfully setup a Queue User so that all emails that come to Support@***.com are automatically entered into CRM. I would like to have CRM automatically create a CASE with this email, or at least have a CASE created when someone accepts or assigns the email. Is this possible? Is this something I'll need the Workflow Manager for? Thanks for your help in advance, Vito You need www.c360.com's Email to Case module. It&#...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

OWA works, partially
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2k3 server, set behind an ISA 2k4 (none SBS.) OWA works only when typing the server NetBios name. If, however, the server name is replaced with a public DNS-recognized domain name, OWA does not work, neither internally nor externally. Does this imply that the problem resides in ISA server and that Exchange box is innocent since OWA works, partially? If yes, wehre to debug? I have revised the publishing rule infinitely? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks Yba Hint: ISA Listner authentication:FBA, Exchange: Basic. Also, no SSL so far. Depends. If the public...

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

RDP not working if 2003 SP2 installed
Hi All, I have had networking issues with SP2 on SBS 03 machines before, but they have been relativley easy to resolve by changing RSS, Chimney etc. This box I've just been assigned to fix is giving a bit of grief. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, reinstalled... SP2 several times. Without SP2 the RDP runs like a charm, checking the listening port using "netstat -aon | find ":3389" I can see the listening tcp port 3389 no problem, but as soon as you put the SP2 back in the ts listening port disappears. I've installed BPA, and applied every other pa...

IF OR help
I have entered the formula =IF(OR(D5="K",D5<=4,M32<=95),"INELIGIBLE"," ") I am trying to get a result that will display INELIGIBLE when the value in D5 is K,1,2,3,4 OR the value in M32 is less than 96. with this formula I now get INELIGIBLE when D5 is blank. I would like cell to be blank unless one of the specific conditions is met. If either D5 or M32 is blank, I would like this cell to also be blank M32 contains a formula that returns a blank cell unless data is entered elsewhere in the workbook Thanks for all the help -- dbconn...