help, derag won't work and the outlook folder shows 36000 fragmnets

defragmented and the program works fine but when it finishes it looks the
same on the as the original analysis.  Then I look at the report and it list
a lot of files that can't be drfragmented.  The only thing I can think of is
that this pc was once on MSexchange (the reason I mention it is that the
outlook pst which is 1.8 gigs, shows 36000 fragments and it is located in
the c/exchange folder)   Anyway, what do I do??? how can I get the drive to
defrag?

0
bob

Hello Bob

When you open IE\Properties\Programs what do you see in there under E-Mail
box. Use the dropdown arrow and take a peek on what else is there. I know
you can select the client that you might want for email.

--
Peter

Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others.
"bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message
> defragmented and the program works fine but when it finishes it looks the
> same on the as the original analysis.  Then I look at the report and it
> list
> a lot of files that can't be drfragmented.  The only thing I can think of
> is
> that this pc was once on MSexchange (the reason I mention it is that the
> outlook pst which is 1.8 gigs, shows 36000 fragments and it is located in
> the c/exchange folder)   Anyway, what do I do??? how can I get the drive
> defrag?

0
okf22 (85)
3/7/2005 3:30:28 AM
Sorry everyone. Wrong post wrong place

--

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message
> Hello Bob
>
> When you open IE\Properties\Programs what do you see in there under E-Mail
> box. Use the dropdown arrow and take a peek on what else is there. I know
> you can select the client that you might want for email.
>
> --
> Peter
>
> Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others.
> "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message
>> defragmented and the program works fine but when it finishes it looks the
>> same on the as the original analysis.  Then I look at the report and it
>> list
>> a lot of files that can't be drfragmented.  The only thing I can think of
>> is
>> that this pc was once on MSexchange (the reason I mention it is that the
>> outlook pst which is 1.8 gigs, shows 36000 fragments and it is located in
>> the c/exchange folder)   Anyway, what do I do??? how can I get the drive
>> defrag?

0
okf22 (85)

Automatically viewing picture attachments in Outlook 2002
I tried to search in this newsgroup but couldn't find the answer. Is there any way that outlook can automatically view picture attachments like in outlook express. Thanks. No. Outlook doesn't support inline image viewing. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "...

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

OWA 2003
how can i configure my OWA to show the reply or forward option in public folders. all i have is "POST Reply". Can i actually reply to the sender of the email message itself? Also, is it possible to configure front-end and the backend in one box? please help TIA On 10 Sep 2004 20:45:36 -0700, google@joriz.is-a-geek.net (Joriz) wrote: >how can i configure my OWA to show the reply or forward option in >public folders. all i have is "POST Reply". Can i actually reply to >the sender of the email message itself? Yes, but the client must be using a front end ser...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Anybody recently gotten IActiveDesktop to work?
I am trying to resolve the IActiveDesktop 'undeclared identifier' error and I've tried everything I've ever found in googled posts with no success. Just including "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Including "wininet.h" before "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Undef'ing the IE version and manually defining it to 0x400 doesn't work (tried before including wininet.h and shlobj.h) Et cetera... Anyone... Bueller...? WTH Answer is: You MUST define wininet.h BEFORE afxdisp.h otherwise you can't define IActiveDesktop vis shellobj.h. G...

Auto Archive problem
Hi All, We use Outlook 2003 Sp3. One of my users has this problem with the Auto Archive feature: certain folders of his mailbox don't get archived. The emails stay in these folders and others folders emails get moved to the PST file according to the Auto Archive settings. Even if I try to archive manually some of the forlers that don't work, nothing gets archived. What can I do with this? Regards, Are you aware that the Date used to archive is the Date Last Modified? This may be causing what you think is unsual behaviour. When were the items last modified? Regards Judy ...

Possible to set up a timer in Outlook?
I would like to have one of Outlook's reminders appear. Then, when I acknowlege it, I would like Outlook to, in effect, 'count down' until a certain period of time has elapsed, then pop up another reminder. In short, rather than a reminder that occurs at a specific time of day, I'd like a recurring reminder that only appears when a certain amount of time has elapsed after I manually acknowlege the last reminder. Is there an easy way to set up such a thing in Outlook? Thanks for any answers or suggestions. Schuh is my hero <no@mail> wrote: > I would like to ha...

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

outlook is too slowly
HI ,all Is there someone can help me, My outlook is too slowly and it cost too many memory. I'm using outlook 2003 and CRM3 client. They are all install nearly so not many emails. when I open the outlook 2003,I can see that outlook cost 180M and CRM3 client cost 150M memory. My god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

OWA works, partially
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2k3 server, set behind an ISA 2k4 (none SBS.) OWA works only when typing the server NetBios name. If, however, the server name is replaced with a public DNS-recognized domain name, OWA does not work, neither internally nor externally. Does this imply that the problem resides in ISA server and that Exchange box is innocent since OWA works, partially? If yes, wehre to debug? I have revised the publishing rule infinitely? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks Yba Hint: ISA Listner authentication:FBA, Exchange: Basic. Also, no SSL so far. Depends. If the public...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Make Outlook the default mail client
How do I make Outlook the default mail client after I've made another app the default? I also told Outlook to stop bugging me about it. Thanks, Chip Control Panel->INternet Options->Programs tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, chrkieff@speakeasy.net asked: | How do I make Outlook the default mail client after I've made another | app the default? I also told O...

Your Help is Appreciated