Having trouble connecting to Hotmail?

Add your comments here!  Maybe someone at MS will see them and actually DO
something.

____________________
Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate 32 bit........

I have a paid hotmail account that I have been happily using for 2 years
now.  I always check it via outlook (2003 and 2007).  In 2007, for about the
past 45 days, I would get intermittent dialog boxes asking me to confirm my
password.

I would, and I would select remember this password and things would
continue - until about 3 days ago.  Then the dialog boxes would not go away
in Outlook 2007.  It constantly asked me for my password and would not
connect to my hotmail account.

I logged in to my hotmail account via the web to make sure I was using the
right password - all worked as it should in the web interface.

I can still log on via 2003 and the web just fine.

squishy
--------------------------

0
squishy (18)

If people want to waste their time, they are certainly welcome to do so. =
 However, these are peer-to-peer forums and are not monitored by =
Microsoft.

If you want to contact Microsoft directly, open a support incident (free =
during the first 90 days of purchase) for Outlook 2007.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, squishy asked:

| Add your comments here!  Maybe someone at MS will see them and
| actually DO something.
|=20
| ____________________
| Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate 32 bit........
|=20
| I have a paid hotmail account that I have been happily using for 2
| years now.  I always check it via outlook (2003 and 2007).  In 2007,
| for about the past 45 days, I would get intermittent dialog boxes
| asking me to confirm my password.
|=20
| I would, and I would select remember this password and things would
| continue - until about 3 days ago.  Then the dialog boxes would not
| go away in Outlook 2007.  It constantly asked me for my password and
| would not connect to my hotmail account.
|=20
| I logged in to my hotmail account via the web to make sure I was
| using the right password - all worked as it should in the web
| interface.=20
|=20
| I can still log on via 2003 and the web just fine.
|=20
| squishy
| --------------------------
0
MillyS (3228)
4/17/2007 1:13:42 AM
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

> If you want to contact Microsoft directly, open a support incident
> (free during the first 90 days of purchase) for Outlook 2007.

Actually, acc'd to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=10162&gprid=422192,
it's free for the 90 days following your first support request, not from
date of purchase.

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
4/17/2007 1:55:34 AM
The bottom line remains, contact Microsoft, open a support incident, and =
have it escalated from there.  This forum is not the place for an online =
petition.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, F.H. Muffman asked:

| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
||=20
|| If you want to contact Microsoft directly, open a support incident
|| (free during the first 90 days of purchase) for Outlook 2007.
|=20
| Actually, acc'd to
| =
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=3Den-us&prid=3D10162&gpr=
id=3D422192,
| it's free for the 90 days following your first support request, not
| from date of purchase.
0
MillyS (3228)
4/17/2007 3:34:47 AM
On Apr 16, 6:13 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<Mil...@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote:
> If people want to waste their time, they are certainly welcome to do so.  However, these are peer-to-peer forums and are not monitored by Microsoft.
>
> If you want to contact Microsoft directly, open a support incident (free during the first 90 days of purchase) for Outlook 2007.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, squishy asked:
>
> | Add your comments here!  Maybe someone at MS will see them and
> | actually DO something.
> |
> | ____________________
> | Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate 32 bit........
> |
> | I have a paidhotmailaccount that I have been happily using for 2
> | years now.  I always check it via outlook (2003 and 2007).  In 2007,
> | for about the past 45 days, I would get intermittent dialog boxes
> | asking me to confirm mypassword.
> |
> | I would, and I would select remember thispasswordand things would
> | continue - until about 3 days ago.  Then the dialog boxes would not
> | go away in Outlook 2007.  It constantly asked me for mypasswordand
> | would not connect to myhotmailaccount.
> |
> | I logged in to myhotmailaccount via the web to make sure I was
> | using the rightpassword- all worked as it should in the web
> | interface.
> |
> | I can still log on via 2003 and the web just fine.
> |
> | squishy
> | --------------------------

Re-creating my local profile on my PC solved the problem...or logging
on as a diffrerent user.  Would rather have a real fix though, but I
suspect a bad registry key somewhere.

Outlook 2003 lose connection to Exchange 2000 Server
Suddently my Outlook 2003 lose connection to Exchange 2000 Server SP3 and seems that internal email are slower than normal. Any idea on this problem? Thanks Simona ...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

everything wants to connect to net
I've been happily running Outlook 2002 for a year or more. Recently uploaded activsynd and reinstalled Outlook 2002 with my new pda (ipaq h2210). Now everything seems to want to connect to the net and it didn't before. I don't have broadband so, this is irritating. Can I stop that happening? Martin ...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

unexpected conversion trouble

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

Outlook 2003 refuses to connect to internet on "send/receive" if off-line
If I start up my computer, I am normally off-line. The connection to the internet is made if I start up my e-mail program or internet explorer. At least this used to be the situation. It still functions with outlook express and internet explorer, but I cannot get it to function with "Outlook 2003". If I am on-line Outlook 2003 functions correctly, but it refuses to connect on send/recieve if I am off-line. My settings for Internet-Email | Connection tab are: "Connect using LAN" (I use an ADSL connection) "Connect using modem if Outlook off-line" is selected a...

POP3 not allowing connections
I'm having a problem connecting to my Exchange server to download messages via POP3. MANPI, IMAP, HTTTP, RPC/HTTP all work fine. When connecting via Outlook Express I get the message: ----------- Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.mydomain.com', Server: '10.1.1.2', Protocol: POP3, Port: 111, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F ----------- I have verified that POP3 is running, and is set for use Any Available IP. I can telnet to ...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

future of getting Hotmail in Outlook
I am reading that free Hotmail users will not be able to get Hotmail through Outlook or OE in the future, but I have a subscription, which I assume makes me a "pay" Hotmail customer. How is Outlook going to know that, or am I going to have to open MSN9 each time to synchronize? Thank you. ...

Trouble sorting a table???
Using Excel 2002) I am relatively new to Excel and can only really perform simple functions in a basic spreadsheet. The spreadsheet I'm having trouble with is pretty basic, but I'm having trouble sorting some of the results from a table. (I'll try and explain as best as I can) I have 10 people that I'm tracking 5 different things for (dates, debts, credits, items, number of transactions, and their balance as calculated in this table by simple SUM functions) I then have another table with these same 10 people with their total balance. This is the table I'm having t...

Connecting entities in one View
Hello, all! Is it possible to customize my own view to show documents with conditions, that uses other entities? I mean something like hard SQL-queries (with INNER JOIN may be...) I think Deployment Manager can help me to make mappings from one entity to another (using my own new fields) and then use that new fields in query. But can anybody say me clearly what is mapping in Deployment Manager?? ;) Views will only work with one CRM entity at a time. As always can create custom pages to act as views using asp.net and the SDK. The mappings in deployment manager allow you to tranfer data bet...

Problems connecting to external company website
OK this is a funny one. I can't seem to access our company's external website. Have no problems connecting from the outside. I can browse other websites and all my external access points (RWW, OWA, companyweb, VPN and Citrix)are working just fine. So I can safely say it is not a internet connection issue. Any ideas? IT Dude <DoNotDisturb@Fake.com> wrote: > OK this is a funny one. I can't seem to access our company's external > website. Have no problems connecting from the outside. I can browse > other websites and all my external access points (...

Only allowing connections from certain SMTP servers
We have an anti-spam service that filters our incoming mail for us. They sent me a reminder to limit the connections to my Exchange 2003 server to just their IP addresses. Here is what I did: 1. Opened "System Manager" 2. Expanded "Servers" 3. Expanded "MyServerName" 4. Expanded "Protocol" 5. Expanded "SMTP" 6. Right Clicked on "Default SMTP Virtual Server" 7. Clicked the "Access" Tab 8. Clicked "Connections..." button 9. Specified "Only the Listed Below" 10. Entered the 9 IP addresses that my Anti-S...

trouble
I have been using my MS Publisher 2000 for over 3 years. Just recently I attempted to access the Publisher program and got the following message: "This application must be installed to run. Please run setup fom the location where you originally installed the application." I have done everything I know to fix this including uninstalling and reinstalling the program. I don't understand what happened overnight nor do I understand the instruction "run from the location you originally installed the program". I can not access the numerous publicaions that I have cr...

Trouble with "time" in formulas
I have a time sheet that looks something like this: A1=time...A2=time...A3=A2-A1+if(A1/24,1)...A4=if(or(A3<time(0,15,0),A3>time(4,0,0)),A3,time(4,0,0)) A1 and A2 are set up as dropdown lists and the times in the list are i increments of 15 minutes. WHat I'm trying to accomplish is (in cell A4 if A3 is between 15 minutes and 4 hours, then return 4 hours. if A3 i 0 or greater than 4 hours, return A3. If I enter enter times in A1 around 00:00 and A2 a little after 00:0 it works fine... example: A1=22:00...A2=01:00...A3=03:00...A4=04:00 A1=20:30...A2=00:15...A3=03:45...A4=04:00 A1=00...

Fresh Win7, IE8 no connect with firewall enabled ...
Installed a fresh install of Windows7 (no upgrade), enabled windows firewall and allowed program through firewall and I am unable to connect. When firewall is disabled, IE connects. Something in windows firewall blocking but I cannot find it. What am I missing? Robin Did you format the HDD prior to installing Win7? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? Do other applications connect? Are you connecting via dial-up, cable, ADSL, satellite, or wireless internet USB modem? Is a router involved? Why can’t I connect t...

Having trouble
I have a set of numbers, a-e. A usually equals e but can be less. B remains constant. C is the sum of A and B. C cannot exceed D. D remains constant I have tried the following formula in the box for A, but C ends up being less than D when I want it to equal D =IF(C>D,E-(C-D)) What am I doing wrong? Uhh, I'm a little slow, but; If you are putting this formula in A and it's the same "A" that is part of the "C=Sum A & B" then I think you have a circular reference. In other words, you're asking xl to resolve "A" by asking "If C> D&quo...

outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange Server 2003
I have a multihomed environment and am trying to connect my user to my exchange 2003 server. The Primary NIC is used for Internet access and the Secondary is used the connect to my Exchange server. When I setup Outlook 2003 in the Exchange Server field it always wants to resolve the server name to the FQDN. Then it searches for the public IP Address on the Primary NIC. If I ping the server name it knows which NIC to use and doesn't have a problem. How can i set it up to only look for the server name? try entering the IP address of the server instead of the name for resoluti...

Print Preview troubles
When I do print preview, the information in the scratch area gets overlaid on the document, and there are text boxes where there are none in the work area. In the work area mode, the docs look correct and the stuff I have in the scratch area is OK. It is a scrambled mess. I have used "bring to front" and its' mates-no help. Using Publisher 2002 to create a 8 page booklet on 11x17 stock. I may add: this document had been working but something happened to it, most likely my fault, but I do not know what. Thanks, Jim This was a bug in 2002. Drag the objects to the top or bottom in ...

Trouble with a domain with a
I'm trying to send email to the domain PCM-LWV.COM and I keep getting this NDR: The message could not be delivered because the recipient's destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address and try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to the email system of the recipient. < ylpvm25.prodigy.net #5.1.2> Everything seems fine with our exchange 2003 server otherwise. We are receiving email from this domain, and when we reply we get this NDR. We can send email to any other domain.. is it the - in the domain name?? I tes...

Outlook connecter to hotmail features?
I am using outlook connecter but the synchronising is painfully slow, sometimes it takes hours to download onto the outlook, can anything be done to speed this up and improve syncing? Also when i open e-mails in the outlook and sometimes delete e-mails they are not shown as deleted in the hotmail, again is there something that can be done for this? ANother question is with outlook can you set it so the outlook application starts immediately on the start-up of your computer? My final question is does using outlook connecter limit certain features that outlook offers, i am in th...

CDHTLMDialog troubles
Hi I'm justing to use the CDHTMLDialog with the following code IHTMLElement* pLinkElement = NULL; if (GetElement(_T("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_tb1"), &pLinkElement) == S_OK && pLinkElement != NULL) { BSTR current; pLinkElement->get_innerText(&current); pLinkElement->get_id(&current); CString tt=_T("Hello from Callidus DHTML"); BSTR bstr=tt.AllocSysString(); pLinkElement->put_innerText(bstr); pLinkElement->Release(); // Thanks Heath } Sorry I posted too soon :) ----------------------------------------- I'm just ...