Having problems accessing my personal address book in "outlook 2002"

I just switched from outlook express to outlook 2002.
When I access outlook all my folders and emails from
outlook express are there, however I cannot access my
personal address book. When I click on the address book
icon I get an error message that says "can't contact LDAP
Directory Server (81)...I've tried adding a new directory
via the tools tab...It prompts me to enter the LDAP
server name but I'm not sure what that is...can you help?

thank you, Randi
0
anonymous (74723)

Remove the LDAP server and then add the Outlook Address Book service.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Randi asked:

| I just switched from outlook express to outlook 2002.
| When I access outlook all my folders and emails from
| outlook express are there, however I cannot access my
| personal address book. When I click on the address book
| icon I get an error message that says "can't contact LDAP
| Directory Server (81)...I've tried adding a new directory
| via the tools tab...It prompts me to enter the LDAP
| server name but I'm not sure what that is...can you help?
|
| thank you, Randi

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Outlook 2002 hanging when started
I am having an odd problem with Outlook 2002 hanging when started. It makes it to right to the point where it tries to check for new mail, then hangs. When I close it and do the end program deal, then try to reopen it, it seems to work fine. This happens everytime I use Outlook. Any ideas anyone??? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2002 #48
I uninstalled something in my reg, my fault. Cannot restore system. I get this error message listed below. Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Outlook requires Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01 or greater. You can install Outlook Express by running IE5Setup.exe from the IE5 folder located on your CD or through the Windows Update website. Using Windows XP OS Help ...

Cannot type in Outlook 2002
Running Outlook 2002 with Microsoft Exhange and Pop3 After running outlook for about 5 mins, I suddenly find I cannot type in any of the forms, such as Appointments and Contacts. I can paste in what I want, and use the delete button. The dialogue boxes work ok though. I can type emails (probably because I'm using Word as my email editor). The preview pane also freezes, and echos what was last showing. Any ideas as to how to fix. I've tried detect and repair, deleteing my PSTs and OSTs and starting again but to no avail. Thanks. ...

Email is not getting to recipient Outlook 2002
We have a user that is sending email out and it's moving to his sent items but the recipient is not receiving. This is on our exchange server and outside. Has anyone ever heard of this? Having the same issues here - no one can send an outgoing email all of the sudden via Outlook...however, can send outgoing email from their machines using Outlook Express without any problems...=/ >-----Original Message----- >We have a user that is sending email out and it's moving >to his sent items but the recipient is not receiving. > >This is on our exchange server and outsid...

Help with settings in Outlook 2002
In Outlook Express 6.0 there is a setting under Tools, Options, Security, Virus Protection, Warn me when other applications try to send mail as me. Is there a setting within Outlook 2002 to do the same thing? Please help Cheers ...

Outlook 2002 #190
My Outlook stopped sending out my emails. I can receive, but I cannot send. I have updated and reloaded. Nothing works. Any help? ...

Pocket Outlook 2002
Hi, My SMTP server using TLS encryption, how can I configure my Pocket Outlook 2002 to use the SMTP server to send email ? regards, Jack Hi - try microsoft.public.pocketpc - Pocket Outlook is not Outlook. Jack wrote: > Hi, > > My SMTP server using TLS encryption, how can I configure > my Pocket Outlook 2002 to use the SMTP server to send > email ? > > regards, > Jack Jack <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My SMTP server using TLS encryption, how can I configure > my Pocket Outlook 2002 to use the SMTP server to send > email ? You d...

Difference between Outlook 2002 and 2003 data files?
I didn't realise that Outlook 2003 uses a different data file format from earlier versions until I had problems restoring my data this evening (the problem has now been solved). What are the differences and why did MS change the format? Is there any way of converting an Outlook 2002 pst to a 2003 pst? Cheers. Bobby >I didn't realise that Outlook 2003 uses a different data file format from >earlier versions until I had problems restoring my data this evening (the >problem has now been solved). .... >Is there any way of converting an Outlook 2002 pst to a 2003 pst? Ou...

Outlook 2002 & SMTP error
Hi, I've just installed Outlook 2002 to use instead of OE. However since doing so I've got an SMTP problem, in that no matter what I do I cannot remove the 127.0.0.1 address from the SMTP section of the options. After the install, OE is now showing the same error. I can't send messages without having to change the SMTP setting each time. Seems that Norton 2002 is somehow assisting with this error, but all the Norton fixes are pointing to POP3 errors, not SMTP. Any suggestions?? Peter ;-) ...

Plam
I synchronise my Palm with MS Oulook 2002 (Windows XP) several times a day. For my calendar, I have set the sync on 'synchronise files'. It used to work fine until about a month ago (when I have installed the last Windows SP?). Now, instead of synchronizing, it simply adds up all the events. I end up having 50 events on the same day and same time (because I have done 50 synhronisations) ! Any solution or advice...?Thanks. ...

Arrange deleted items by date deleted in Outlook 2002
Is there any way to set up a field in the "Deleted Items" folder that will allow you to sort by the date deleted? Thanks. DP My bad. Outlook 2000, not 2002. DP >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way to set up a field in the "Deleted Items" >folder that will allow you to sort by the date deleted? >Thanks. > >DP Um - the deleted items folder is for trash. Why do you keep trash beyond the end of your Outlook session? If you want to retain the mails prior to delete, create a folder for questionable items and move the mail there. Please realize...

Outlook 2002 formatting toolbar
My outlook 2002 formatting toolbar is low lighted or grayed out as soo as I click on the message part of the email. Efforts to customize change options unsuccessfull. Any help appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com Don't use plain text. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching g...

reuse Outlook 2002
I purchased and installed Outlook 2002 on a laptop and now I am going to purchase a new one. Can I reinstalled legally that Outlook CD onto my new laptop? ernie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I purchased and installed Outlook 2002 on a laptop and > now I am going to purchase a new one. Can I reinstalled > legally that Outlook CD onto my new laptop? Yes, if you remove it from the old laptop. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2002 #166
When I receive an email with a link to a webpage, I click on the link, and Outlook 2002 locks up, so then I have to end the process. I installed the latest patches for Office XP, but still have the same problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

templates in folder list in Outlook 2002
I was wondering if anybody has figured out a way to get templates to appear in the folder list using Outlook 2002. I have numeous templates that I use daily and having them in the folder list would be so much easier than the 'choosing form' dialog box each time. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2002
I have two users that when they click "send" the message goes into the outbox and will not send until "send and receive" is clicked. Both have the "Send Immediately When Connected" box selected. Also, one user cannot send more than one message at a time. If he has more than one message in the outbox, he has to remove all but one and do manual send and receive, then move 1 message to the outbox and repeat for all messages. Both users have laptops with XP Pro, Office XP Pro, and POP3 mail. Art ...

Outlook 2002 shutdown problems
I am running Microsoft Outlook 2002 with sp2 and I noticed that at times as many as 10 copies of Outlook are running simultaneously. To show this I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and look under the Processes tab in the Task Manager. I also have trouble receiving email from my ISP. It resonds many times with the server disconnected. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Outlook 2002 problem with Eudora
We have a computer that is running Office XP and using Outlook 2002 for their email. Another computer in our office is a MAC that is using Eudora 6.0.1. If the MAC user sends any attachment in their email to the computer running Outlook 2002, the attachments do not come through. If the MAC user sends the same email to a computer in the same office running Outlook 2000, the attachments come through and they are able to open it. The file type is not one that is blocked by XP, we have sent PDF, EXCEL and Word files and none are received. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks...

Outlook 2002 #22
I recently purchase Office XP as an upgrade to Office 2000 In Outlook 2000 I could use the IE clipboard an cut and past from a web page to Outlook 2000 how do I get Outlook 2002 to acept a cut from IE? I enstaled the clipboard but it didn't do any good. Thanks for any help Lawrence I'm confused. The Windows (not IE) clipboard can pass data to virtually all windows apps. There is nothing special you need to do. Are you trying to paste HTML content into a text formatted email? "Lawrence Brandon" <lbrandon@intrex.net> wrote in message news:040701c3638e$faa10bb0$a6...

Shutdown Problems with Outlook 2002
I have Outlook 2002 and Windows XP. When I attempt to shut down the computer with all programs already closed, I get the message box that Outlook.exe is shutting down and do I want to cancel or end now. This happens a few times before I can finally shut down. The same thing happens at work which also has Outlook 2002 and Windows XP. Any ideas? Pam: Did you find any answer to this problem? I am experiencing the same issue? Michael >-----Original Message----- >I have Outlook 2002 and Windows XP. When I attempt to >shut down the computer with all programs already close...

Out of Office Assiatance issues
Hi all, One of our users (UserA) is having issues receiving an Out of Office confirmation email when he emails a particular user (UserB). For test purposes I emailed this users (UserB) and received the out of office response. The UserA is able to receive other emails and there is no mailbox size restriction in place. What else can be done to investigate and resolve this issue. Version of Outlook the user is using is Microsoft Outlook 2002 ( 10.2627.2625 ) no Service Pack. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message news:eRH1U3JdEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi a...

One User Has Problems with Outlook 2002
I have one particularly touchy user who this morning started complaining that her Outlook is slow and that when she goes to send a message often she gets the message "The data in your envelope has been lost but your document is still available." She swears this not true and the data is not found anywhere including drafts. I've searched the Knowledgebase for this error and found nothing. Has anyone else encountered this? E. L. Wimett Patriots Point ...

How can outlook 2002 Import addresses from Outlook express 6.0?
When I try to have Outlook XP (2002 edition) import address from Outlook express, I do not receive an option for importing from 6.0. Hence, I get no imports. Any ideas? I'm to the point of re-typing everything into outlook. Yech! It will still work. List the steps you are using and what happens. ------ Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] firepastor wrote: > When I try to have Outlook XP (2002 edition) import address from Outlook > express, I do not receive an option for importing from 6.0. Hence, I get no > imports. Any ideas? I'm to the point of re-typing everything ...

Outlook 2002 : Addin error
When trying to open Outlook 2002 I get the Error message telling that there is a problem with the assin in c:\windows\system32\ext.dll. I tried the /safe switch and it works. But there are no addins or com addins. Tries to do a clean boot disabling all the services and startup items. Still it does not work. Please help!!! ...

Outlook 2002 connector: problem connecting with Domino server because of NAMELookup2 problem
Hi, I'm trying to use Outlook 2002 Connector to connect with a Domino R5 server, but I can get no connection. From the log file I see that the connector uses a NAMELookup2 with the correct Domino server to get the name of the mail file, but the name its gets back is corrupted. There are spurious characters at the end of the mail file name. From the MSOCLog.txt file <<67c 25 16:37>> User name : : CN=Jean-Paul Smeets/O=Someorg <<4f8 25 16:37>> NAMELookup2 called with m_pServerName=someserver Flags=0 pNameSpaces=0x13646F4 NumNameSpaces=1 pNames=0x12E6CC NumNames=1 ...