have to format URL - WHY?

hi
using 2007
When I paste a url into an e-mail it comes in as plain text and I then
have to make it a hyperlink
why is this?
--
Martin
����

What format is the email you're sending? Also, many times the receiving
email program will turn URL-like text into clickable URLs anyway.

"Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message
> hi
> using 2007
> When I paste a url into an e-mail it comes in as plain text and I then
> have to make it a hyperlink
> why is this?

0
vince8328 (2732)
10/11/2008 8:50:06 AM
what are you doing to make it a hyperlink? at most, press enter or space
after pasting should do it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message
> hi
> using 2007
> When I paste a url into an e-mail it comes in as plain text and I then
> have to make it a hyperlink
> why is this?
> --
> Martin
> ����

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/11/2008 12:38:05 PM
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 08:38:05 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:

>what are you doing to make it a hyperlink? at most, press enter or space
>after pasting should do it.

That did do it Diane, thank you
Easy when one knows how
--
Regards
Martin

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

Change HTML Format to Plain Text Format
We would like to change 500 Outlook XP and 2003 clients to use Plain Text for emails rather than Rich Text or HTML. Is there a registery key I can modify, save and email out to all clients to automatically change the settings If you have any suggestions please let me know Thank Kevin ...

Formatting / Formula
Hi, Not sure if I need conditional formatting or a formula for the following: If I put a date into a spreadsheet I'd like it to change colour after a set number of days to warn me that it's now time expired. ie 01 Dec should turn RED after 90 days to show that time's up! Any help will be gratefully received Telford Tom 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional ...

Conditional Format if cell value is odd
Hi all, Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks a bunch, Michele Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the subject. =ISODD(A1) Tyro "mjones" <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message news:c6bc0e02-00c7-4d33-b85b-0c8ce728d3b9@l16g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to do this? > > Thanks a bunch, > > Michele If the cell value you want to check is A1, then: formula is =3Dmod(A1,2) =3D 0 hope that helps Carlo On Feb 12, 10:05=A0am, mjones <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote: >...

Exch 5.5 is stripping off html formatting
The only place I know of in exch admin I have html turned on.. But it is still stripping the html formatting off the email messages.. Does anyone have any type of solution or work around or something I'm not seeing.. thanks for your help. Scott And that one place would be...? "tazdog" <tazdog8@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ebecdefc.0405110736.4e8f0bc0@posting.google.com... > The only place I know of in exch admin I have html turned on.. > But it is still stripping the html formatting off the email messages.. > > Does anyone have any type of solution or ...

Conditonal Format with a date format
I have a page with colum A1:A365 date formatted I would like all stat days to turn red Conditional format I am trying to use is, … =OR(A1:A365=”DECEMBER 25, 2004”, A1:A365=“JANUARY 1, 2005”) ect ect I If I type December 25 2004 in column any cell in column A without a date format, it works. As soon as use a date format in column A1:A365 the conditional format does not work. Can anyone help?? Thank you Kevin Kevin, This works for me. Select all the cells and then use this formula =OR(A1=--"2005-12-25",A1=--"2006-01-01") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the ...

How do I format a cell to blink
I need to format a cell to blink as a reminder Hi there's (fortunately) no such format. This would require using VBA (using the OnTime method for example). If you really want such code search Google for 'Blinking cell' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ahmed Al-BAnna" <Ahmed Al-BAnna@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0C383129-C08B-4235-A639-D162A9266002@microsoft.com... >I need to format a cell to blink as a reminder ...

Date Format in Footer
Is there away to change the format of the date in the footer of an excel document? Keith in Las Vegas Hi Keith, One solution is to code it: you can put the following code into the thisWorkbook object and everytime you print the format will be what ever you code here: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "M-DD-YYYY") End Sub All you need to do is modify the "M-DD-YYYY" any way you want. These are just the date format codes you see when you choose Format, Cells, Number tab, Date, then Custom. For...