Hang

My Outlook always hang whenever I open it...
Any idea on how to fix this?
I tried to repair using the installer or even reinstalling
But, it doesn't seem to work

Chris

Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old.  (If using Windows 2000
or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.)

Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine.  You will
need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat
controls how the toolbars display.  When it becomes corrupted, it will cause
Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Christ Lestario
asked:

| My Outlook always hang whenever I open it...
| Any idea on how to fix this?
| I tried to repair using the installer or even reinstalling
| But, it doesn't seem to work
|
| Chris

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Outlook 2000 hangs when opening
Maybe a coincidence, but I installed the MDAC 2.8 update & patch yesterday. Things seemed to be fine on my machine last night, but when I attempted to check pop3 email today, Outlook stops responding. I've had this happen with a corrupt email in Outlook Express - you have to copy and create a new inbox and use dB-Extract to suck out your old mail. Anybody have this happen to them? Any idea on how to get stuff out of the .pst file? ...

Outlook Hangs on Exit Splash Screen
New Ibm Laptop with windows 2000, Office 2003 and all os and office updates installed. Boss did not like Office 2003 swo I unistalled Office 2003 and installed Office 2000. Now when you exit Outlook it hangs on the exit slpash screen. Any Ideas.,... This has happended to me on several different type of machines...not just the laptop. only way I know how to get around is a total system rebuild.. Thanks Matt I found reference to this problem in the Microsoft Knowledgebase. Take a look at http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm to see if this might help. My probl...

Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang mod
My iexplore gets stuck from time to time mostely when opening new tabs. I'm on Windows XP. Help me. Included the error: ==================================================== Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: (101) Event ID: 1002 Date: 03/03/2010 Time: 11:36:20 User: N/A Computer: PASTERNAK-PC Description: Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: ...

Outlook 2003 "hangs"
When replying to HTML emails Outlook hangs, I can cancel and retry but same again. Have decreased my PST file size to 200mb, tried running SCANPST which did some stuff but still extremely slow (I watched a DVD and it was ready for replying when I got back). IS this a commmon error? I have seen entries about using windows as email editor possibly being related to this issue..? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access sc...

Word hangs when I try to insert accented character
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel have recently installed Office 2004 on a new macbook pro running 0S 10.5.3. it's been working fine but today i've been working on a word document and when i tried to insert a foreign character (an � - e with an accent) it just hangs and i have to force quit. is this a compatibility problem, or is there any way to work around it ? thanks <webstar@officeformac.com> wrote: Hi, > have recently installed Office 2004 on a new macbook pro running 0S > 10.5.3. > > it's been working fi...

outlook hangs up randomly
Outlook 2002 is hanging up randomly. The error message has something to do with a "hung app". The program freezes and you have to close it down. However, it freezes again when you reopen it. Does anyone know what can be done? ...

Hang
My Outlook always hang whenever I open it... Any idea on how to fix this? I tried to repair using the installer or even reinstalling But, it doesn't seem to work Chris Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the too...

Hanging ???
We have Publisher installed on many pc's around our organization. Most people are running Win 2000 or XP. I have had several calls from people claiming that their pc is hanging while they are working on a file. Only in Publisher. Have you experienced this and know of an answer to solve it?? Thank you!! Any errors? Publisher is more critical about printer drivers, are you all connected to a network printer? Do you have Norton installed? Disable "script blocking". In the options menu disable "Office Plug-ins". -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ htt...

debugger hang
Hi, I am using XP home (with all the critical patches) with VC 5 SP5. After I downloaded the very last critical patch for windows, my debugger sometimes hangs and needs to wait a long time in order to kill the process. Does anyone have the same situation? thanks ...

hanging app
Recently, on waking my PC in the AM, I have a popup telling me an app (ERU) is? was? running but stopped. The progress bar doesn't move so I stop the app. I have no idea why this app is running or how long it has been running. To my knowledge, I have not set it to tun automatically. Best I can tell, ERU has no ability to start itself on schedule. I have checked Task scheduler but can find nothing there indicating it starts ERU. How/where can I find why ERU is starting? "J Lunis" <jay.lunis@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4c6e7ee6$0$11847$bbae4d71@...

Hang with Preview pane on
I have a user who - only in the inbox mind you - has super slow response opening an email if the preview pane is on. If I turn off the preview - which is my preference for users anyway - all is fine. All is also fine in any folder outside of the inbox proper. Any ideas? Never mind - found the fix "JB" <jb@nospam.net> wrote in message news:%23cWf9wgqIHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a user who - only in the inbox mind you - has super slow response >opening an email if the preview pane is on. If I turn off the preview - >which is my preference for user...

Outlook 2003 hangs way too much.
Hi guys, I use Outlook 2003 at work and I used to have a Microsoft Exchange account in the past. Currently I only keep it's messages in one PST file as my new account is through Gmail service. Although it used to hang in the past too, it now hangs way too often and for way too long. Tasks, such as moving emails from my inbox to the appropriate folder to the left are often extremely time consuming. I don't know what to do to solve this but this needs to change. I've been even tempted to switch to Thunderbird but I really like Outlook (when it performs well). I&...

Word hangs when i control click (ctrl-click)
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel in the past couple of days word has started to hang whenever i've tried to ctrl-click, for example to check a word in the dictionary etc. i have to force quit. tried trashing all the microsoft preferences and resolving font conflicts but it's still happening. any advice much apprecated. thanks ! Are you using any non-english language for check-spelling or grammar spelling? Try to remove in your Library/preferences folder any "language".grammar.profile file It solved my problems. <webstar@offi...

Outlook hangs up pc
When I load outlook the cpu usage goes to 100% and stays there. When I try to shut down it gives me a "thorconnwndclass" won't respond message. I have to restart to get going again. even when I use task manager to shut outlook down something is still running in the background using cpu. ANY HELP APPRECIATED... ...

Money 2004 Hangs when entering transactions
I've been using Money 2004 for over a year now and about 2 weeks ago, Money started hanging anytime I enter a new transaction or accepted a downloaded transaction. The transaction is never completely entered. I've tried both the level 1 and level 2 repairs. The level 2 repair reports: Fixed records in report table. Fixed records in online table. I looked in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System folder and noticed that the modified date on some of the files changed right around the time this started happening. I'm thinking I'm going to have to reinstall but my CDs are...

hanging

Publisher 2002 hangs
When trying to open some of my MSPUB files, the application just hangs. I have tried re-installing & my XP system is fully up-to-date. When I send in the error message and go to the recommendations, it says to update to a newer version of 2002 which I don't want to do - I like 2002 and I don't want to spend the money - or to check my system, which I did. I have changed my printer name as someone recommended - no change & I have tried to move some of the FONTS - also to no avail. I don't know where to get some help??? By the way some of my Publisher files open j...

Application Hanging
the old msmoney v2003 was stable, the new 2006 seems to continually hang. I can't hardly move even the window around with out the application hanging up now. my pc is practically new, no problems, except for this one application. The event viewer: Hanging application msmoney.exe, version 15.0.0.513, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp (and of course the link doesn't have any ideas) any ideas as to what to look at? In microsoft.public.money, lbcox@comcast.ne...

Outlook 2000 Hangs When closing
Outlook 2000 is hanging when it shuts down. The message box that says "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits" stays open and the "Outlook.exe" is still running. Does anyone know how to fix this? >-----Original Message----- >Outlook 2000 is hanging when it shuts down. The message >box that says "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits" >stays open and the "Outlook.exe" is still running. Does >anyone know how to fix this? >. >I don't know the answer, but forward it to me when you get it. I have the same problem. ...

Outlook hangs on exit #2
- 1000 users - Windows 2k SP3/SP4 - XP Prof XP1 - Office 2000 SP3 About a week ago we started getting complaints from a handfull of users that outlook hangs at the "wait while Outlook closes" box. Our Desktop techs are telling me that they been getting this on all new PC's they have been configuring in the last several weeks. The only way to close outlook is to Ctrl-ALT-DEL. They have been building PC's with Select CD's and installing Office 2000 SP3 from network Admin share. No patches/security updates added. Nothing has been changed on the server side and thi...

application.followhyperlink hangs Access application
When I use the following code Access 2007, running on Vista, hangs (not responding). Private Sub Tax_ID_Click() Dim varX As Variant Dim homePath As String On Err GoTo errorHandler varX = DLookup("[LC_Tax_ID2]", "[q_Homes w Tax]", "HomeID= [Forms]![Members]![HomeID]") homePath = "http://www.lakecopropappr.com/property-details.aspx?AltKey=" & varX Application.FollowHyperlink homePath errorHandler: MsgBox "Error trying to launch " & homePath & " webpage. Please ensure that the URL you are trying to rea...

Outlook hanging #3
Hi sbs 2003 standard. On one of the PCs the outlook gets stuck often. I am getting below events in event log. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: None Event ID: 1001 Date: 14/05/2007 Time: 14:28:27 User: N/A Computer: MYCOMPUTER Description: Fault bucket 212507700. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20 Bucket: 0008: 32 31 32 35 30 37 37 30 21250770 0010: 30 0d 0a 0.. Event Type: Er...

Hanging application EXCEL.EXE, version 11.0.6560.0, hang module hungapp,
I have a user who gets this crash whenever he prints to adobe distiller. Environment is XP pro2 Excel 2003 adobe pro 6 Anybody have any suggestions- thanks CR -- ...

ReadClient in ISAPI extension hangs
I am developing an (MFC) ISAPI extension to handle large amounts of data sent from another MFC exe client via CHttpFile::SendRequest(). The CHttpServerContext sent to my isapi extension function contains the expected data sizes (cbTotalBytes), and uses pCtxt->ReadClient() when the cbTotalBytes > cbAvailable. The problem is that ReadClient() times out without reading any data (ever), even when i request just 1 byte (let alone cbTotalBytes - cbAvailable). Note that i do successfully get the 1st 48K of data from pCtxt- >m_pECB->lpbData. The error that is returned is: &quo...

Outlook 2002 Hangs
My Outlook 2002 hangs often, at no particular task or action. Have done the repair thing many times. I'm running WinXP, Office XP Pro, others in my office have same exact computer and installation, don't have the problem. I do use my calendar a lot with lots of reminders, have some old emails in other folders I've created, have over 400 msgs in my Inbox. Does anybody have any suggestions how I can fix this? This is sort of a random guess, but one thing you might try is making sure you don't have any public folders visible in your folder list. Sometimes Outlook t...