grouping mails based "read" status

I want to group mails based on the read status. UnRead mails should b
one group and read messages in another group. I searched for th
"Customizing Views", but I could not figure.
Any idea from the group?
Ramesh

I don't think you can group by read status.  You could sort by the Icon
column...

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:rameshkuamrp.11jy1z@outlookforum.com,
rameshkuamrp wrote:

> I want to group mails based on the read status. UnRead mails should be
> one group and read messages in another group. I searched for the
> "Customizing Views", but I could not figure.
> Any idea from the group?
> Ramesh.

> ~~View and post usenet messages directly from
> http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Can't read Status of Network Connection
Start | Network connections. Select the nic card. Right click, select Status, and nothing happens. The nic is working OK, I can Disable it, enable it, repair it, but I can't read the Status of it. I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling it in device manager. Any ideas how to fix it so I can read the status? cornedbeef007-groups@yahoo.com.au wrote: > Start | Network connections. > Select the nic card. > Right click, select Status, and nothing happens. > > The nic is working OK, I can Disable it, enable it, repair it, but I > can't read the Status o...

Read Receipt in CRM via Workflow
I have a workflow rule set up to send an email. My client would like a read receipt notification like she gets in outlook. Does anyone know if this is possible? ...

Disappearing read mesaages
Apparently disappearing message bodies as well. Learn how to post a question: http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm See that large white space beneath the subject line? Use it to provide at least a modicum of information about what you are trying to accomplish. Otherwise, you are wasting our time and yours when someone has to come along and try to pry information out of you. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "beemer" <...

How to save macro changes in Read-Only documents?
I have over 100 documents that need the same sentence changed in each one. The documents have the read-only recommended box checked. I ran a batch to remove the password to modify but it didn't remove the read-only recommend. So when I run a macro to change the text I get an error. When I ran Debug it highlighted "myDoc.Close Savechanges:=wdSaveChanges" but I don't know what to do with that. (I only copy the macros from this great site!) I am looking for a way to remove the read-only recommended from multiple documents in a file. Please help. Many th...

READ BEFORE INSTALLING OFFICE 2007 B2TR
The B2TR patch has some nasty surprises for users in store. The most important one being that Word 2007 Beta 2 files saved in the new file formats (extensions docx, docm, etc) might not open at all once B2TR has been installed. Excel files in the file formats (extensions xlsx, xlsm, etc) saved in B2 should open in B2TR. PowerPoint files saved in B2 in the new file formats (extensions pptx, pptm, etc) seem to at least open, but seem to have issues with font size, text placement, and other minor issues. Before installing B2TR therefore, you should save all your files in the 97-2003 file f...

How to read location, content of selected cell in pivot table data area?
Greetings! Am fumbling with the pivot table object, trying to work around some idiosyncrasies. Would appreciate help on two things: 1. How do I read the cell value when a cursor is located in the data area, and associate it with an item value or otherwise locate it in the data area with respect to the framing fields/items so I can flag the row as not ..visible? 2. Is there an on-line description somewhere of how the parts of the pivot table object fit together, and VBA access to them? To give an idea where I'm at - it seems a little wild to need to read the cell.pivotcell.parent val...

read only attribute
I have an index.html file I manage a web site with that I have edited using Word 2007 many times. Now, however, when I open it, change something and try to save it, it advises the file is read only and can't be saved with the same name???? I note the filename at the top of Word shows read only. If I locate that file in Explore, right click it and choose properties the "read only" attribute is not checked. I have opened Word 2007, gone to that file, right clicked it as it says in Help, chose Properties but I can't figure out what to do to change it. Under th...

.xps file unable to read due to security setting
I created a Word 2007 & Publisher file and saved it as an .xps file. I emailed it to myself using Outlook Express. I was NOT able to open up the file due to a security setting problem. I have contacted MS support (Word) and Publisher. No one could find an answer. Any suggestions. The error message comes up under IE7. Have you tried to open the file with IE? A download Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b8dcffdd-e3a5-44cc-8021-7649fd37ffee&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.c...

How do I eliminate Group on spreadsheets?
I can no longer sort data on my spreadsheets. The word "group" appears after the filename. I don't know how or why group appears but it prevents the data sort. How do I prevent this or turn it off? Right click a sheet tab and select ungroup, save the file -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "AnneHenderson1" <AnneHenderson1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B1BD044-679B-46F2-B921-F979BEBB0220@microsoft.com... >I can no longer sort data on my spreadsheets. The word "group" appears >after > the filename...

Not reading in ReadFile function through COM port
Hello, I try to transfer file(in .txt format) from my test PC to my working PC through serial port(COM port). One pc I open hyper terminal and set a connection in 9600(baud)-8(data bit)-none(parity)-1(stop bit)-none(flow control).In another PC I write the code below in vc++ 6.0. I select Transfer->Send Text File and open a text file in my test PC. Then I run this code in my working PC. Altough ReadFile function doesn't get error message. dwBytesRead shows 0 during reading and text in text file does not transfer to MyBuffer. My code is : /////////////////////////////////////...

Copying Data between Spreadsheets based on a rows value
Hi there, Looking for a bit of assistance in Excel with VB macro. I have 2 spreadsheets. One has an order number and a few cells of data. The second has a column of order numbers and each row has data regarding that order. I am looking for code that will run when an on screen button is pressed that grabs the order number and data from the first spreadsheet and then in the new spreadsheet look for the row which has the same order number (In say column A) and paste the data in another column in that row (Say column M). EG. Spreadsheet 1 Order Number Data1 Data2 Data3 5468 ...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Outlook 2003 Unread Mail Folder
I accidentally erased the Unread Mail folder ... how do I get it back? ...

Read/Write Excel under IIS .NET
Hi, I have configured two machines. One is W2K PRO and other is W2K server. Both has the Office server automation set up as suggested by Microsoft. I wrote a web app to create excel file and and read excel file. There are two problems on the W2K server but not the W2K PRO. W2K PRO using HTTP. W2K Server using HTTPS. 1. The excel process does not exit. 2. I got an "unspecified error" when try to read a file from the web client's local disk. Any suggestion for troubleshooting? ...

Rule to force Junk as read?
Hey folks, Is it possible to create a rule to have Junk mail read? I don't want the items in my Junk mail folder counted...I couldn't care less how many are in there. Thanks, Dave Judging by the number of responses, I guess this one's impossible. Too bad, I was hoping I could do this. Dave > > Is it possible to create a rule to have Junk mail read? I don't want > the items in my Junk mail folder counted...I couldn't care less how many > are in there. > > Thanks, > > Dave > ...

1 Unread Mail Message won't go away
Hello, I have searched all my folders yet when I log off, the startup screen states that I have "1 Unread Mail Message". I cannot find it anywhere. Suggestions? RSR ...

How to read Vista registyr values containing @dllfilename.dll?
Our Win32 app currently reads various values from registry strings. But in Vista, these values no longer contain the string we're expecting. Instead, they contain something like: @themeuidll.dll.-852 I assume that this means we need to access the themui.dll file and reference something by 852? Is it that we need to load the dll then extract the string resource identified by the ordinal 852 to get the actual string value we're looking for? I'm pretty new to Vista so any direction on this would be most welcome :) Thanks! Mark Hi Mark. I am afraid currently we don't o...

how to read imap0.log
Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there could point me to documentation on how to read an outlook generated imap0.log file. If not could someone at least answer a couple of questions... what do the letters in the brackets mean? ex: [db], [rw] Was is asOld, asNew and ae? What do the letters signify? Any help would be greatly appreciated. --Gene geekmirth <geekmirth@_-~nospam~-_rebeloutpost0com> wrote: > I was wondering if anyone out there could point me to documentation > on how to read an outlook generated imap0.log file. I don't know of any document that describes ...

Can not read two-byte file...VC8 MFC80 vs. VC6 MFC42 in two-byte Windows system
Sorry for the cross post...need some help.. When we switched to VC8 (VS2005) and delivered application to our Japanese/Chinese customers, they claim they can no longer open files that's in Japanese/Chinese Windows for file name that's in local language. The File/Open dialog turn out to be garbage, and the File/Open returned to be failing. However, the VC6 version worked just fine. This problem did not happen when they use standard straight English file name. We did not use any unicode setup, and don't want to waste time switching to it, is there any way to cure this problem in ...

Reading old files with excel or word 2000
I have several old MSMultiplanfiles and want to read them with word or excel2000. How can I do this.-- geometeocalpe Whilst I have no experience with Multiplan, the Wikipedia entry suggest that your file would be something like text format, so you could try vi Data, Import External Data, Import Data, locate the file, and set th delimiters to suit your data. -- geoexcel Wrote: > I have several old MSMultiplanfiles and want to read them with word or > excel2000. How can I do this.-- > geometeocalp -- Bryan Hesse --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Read and Delivered status?
I'm used to GroupWise 6.x, but we're migrating over to Outlook 2003. In GroupWise you can view the properties of the email and see if the user recieved and opened the email. Is there some way in Outlook to view the read status without sending a "read request"? Thanks. ...

Prove someone is reading someone else's email...
Domain Admins have full control over all mailboxes in our Information Store. I suspect a user with Domain Admins is reading email inappropriately. How can this be proven when the security log displays the same event for viewing someone's calendar as it does when someone opens their inbox? I already turned up Mailbox logon DL to no avail (unless I need to restart system attendant to enable this setting). Any suggestions? You can always get a keylogger. "coyboy84" <coyboy84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1E7955A-0CB6-45AC-B8EE-43C82A0A85B4@micr...

Exchange resending message to recipients of email read in via POP3
Has anyone else come across this behaviour. Messages received into the exchange server (2003 SP1) read in via a POP3 account are being queue and resent out to the other recipients contained in the "To:" field. Is this a virus worm / malformed message ? Surely a message read in via POP3 should be processed for delivery to local recipients ONLY. Regards, Phil. Hi Phil, do we talk about a POP3Connector? cheers, Andy "Phil Ellett" <Phil Ellett@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CFFE3B61-0A2F-4F46-872C-19DFF73D4FF9@microsoft.com... > Has an...

Read-only fields based on security role
On a given tab, certain fields I want to be read-only for most users, except for roles "system admins" or "system customizers". These roles would be the ones needing to update the fields periodically. Is there an easy OnLoad js for this? I know how to make fields read-only and/or disabled on a global basis, just not on a peruser or security group level. The c360 field security addon would definately do what I need, but is too expensive to justify for us. Thanks. There is no easy onload script for this, but you could write javascript that calls a web service wh...

Re: Setting plain text to read all incoming message for Outlook 2k ?
Hi Brian and thanks for your answer (I have read just now your mail because i was on holiday). I tried it. You are right, version number is 9.0, but unfortunatly the key doesn't work on Outlook 2000: I still read all message in their orginal format. Maybe is it only for 2003. Thanks again, Luke >-----Original Message----- >Luke <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> I know there is an option in Outlook Express to read all >> message as plain text and I read about a similar option >> introduced in Outlook 2003. >> >> Does someon...