group e-mail

How do I create a nick name for a group and create a list of e-mail addresses
to go with that nick name? I have tried to copy a list on in-coming e-mail,
but it won't let me paste into my address book.
0
dell (7)

"=?Utf-8?B?bWFjIHRvIGRlbGw=?=" <mac to dell@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:AA2782ED-7291-420D-AEA2-4EEC64E4BCC5@microsoft.com:

> How do I create a nick name for a group and create a list of e-mail
> addresses to go with that nick name? I have tried to copy a list on
> in-coming e-mail, but it won't let me paste into my address book.

What version of Outlook?  Have you tried File | New | Distribution List?

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG
http://www.scgab.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ:
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/onenotefaq.htm

**I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for
assistance.  Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.
Mahalo!
0
bens1 (1425)

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

E-mail picture attachment
I attach a picture to an e-mail but cannot open the attachment in the new message screen. If I send it to myself I cannot open it. If I leave the e-mail in draft then I can open it event though the icon is still the blank page. It is listed as "IMG_2767ed-a-jpg (2 MG) but the icon is not a picture but a white blank page. Whatever is going on here. I have also tried to send an e-mail through Photoshop Elements 8 but the same thing happens. It seems to be a problem with Outlook 2007. Help, please ...

Outlook 98 e-mails not going to sent items.
This is a weird problem from my behalf, when i send an e-mial no matter to who, the e-mail does not go to the sent items folder. Can anyone help out, thank you. Marcel. ...

Missing e-mails #5
All of me received e-mail messages from 5/9/09 through 5/25/09 are missing. Where did they go, and how do I get them back? -- Regards, George Stubbs "George Stubbs" <GeorgeStubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF408F50-C8AC-4A9B-A2D3-AF8B9D4765AD@microsoft.com... > All of me received e-mail messages from 5/9/09 through 5/25/09 are missing. > Where did they go, and how do I get them back? Since we have no idea what you did to lose them, it would be nearly impossible for us to tell you how to get them back. The usual answers apply: look in Deleted...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Why can't I open e-mails from my new item alert window?
I have alerts pop up when new messages arrive in two of my e-mail accounts. But when I click on an item in the new alert window and click "open item," I get a message indicating the message is no longer available it may have been moved or deleted. But the message is there. In fact, if I go into the inbox and click on the message (just reading it in preview mode or opening it), then I can go back to the new item alert window, click "open item" and the message will open. ...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

e-mail address for the office
I need to have one e-mail address for all office use. There are 2 ways. If a make alias - distribution group I can get e-mail, but when I Reply mesg then it's going from user mailing address (not from office@...). 2nd way. I made extra user with e-mail address office@..., I gave rights for this user accnt and this address to users accounts (as addictional mailboxes). I'm getting messages on this acc, but when I'm trying to send something, I don't have permission. Give yourself full mailbox access, send as, and receive as, to be able to open mailbox in Outlook as additio...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

e-mail going ot deleated items folder
Some of my e-mails go directly to the deleated items folder. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? HI MG, have you created rules? Please check them -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "MG" <msnsgibbs@adelphia.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0bb201c46e81$490753b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some of my e-mails go directly to the deleated items > folder. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? ...

RPC Error: creating mail in child domain from mmc User and computer.
Hello, I've an active directory on windows 2000, connected to several childs domains. In my father network i've an exchange 2003. Before i could create mail adress in my child domain from the mmc "user and computer" of my exchange server in my father domain. But now when i want to do " task exchange" on a user i get error : "RPC server is not avaiable, error id : c00706ba...." c00706ba". I don't know if this error is due to the exchange SP1, because i'didn't create new mail account for several month. Someone could help me. Forgive my ba...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

Re: Protecting worksheet with grouped cells
I have a worksheet which has rows as well as cloumns grouped. After protecting the worksheet I am unable to expand and collaspe my groups. error:"You cannot use this command on a protected sheet..." Is there a work-around/solution to this problem? You can only enable outlines and have worksheet protection through a macro: With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With The EnableOutlining property (and UserInterfaceOnly) is not saved with the workbook unfortunately, so this code would have to be run ...

Disabling E-mail for a user
Hi All How can I disable E-mail for one specific user that was previously using Exchange for Internal and external e-mail? I would like to stop this user from being able to send and receive e-mail and at the same time stop his mailbox in echange from accepting any e-mail that might be coming from the internet thanks Hi You just need to check "Hide from Exchange address list" and remove this users rights to the mailbox from Mailbox Rights. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2003 Server, Exchange 2003 Admin & Design) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "AAFC" <nospam...

Grouping and grouping within groups
I really need help, and help fast, so thank you ahead of time! I nee to know how to group and group within a group. I have been able to d a group, but once I group within the group and try to group anothe group withing that group it combines them. I know I can put a spac between the information so it doesn't combine them but that doesn' seem to be the right way to do things. For instance I have thre different area codes and I want to group them, then within those group I have five different colors of houses in that area code. I want t group the different colors within their area ...

outlook-e-mail
For some reason the date that is in my outlook is January, instead of Novemeber is reads 1/18/03 in stead of 11/l8/03, how can I change this---I am concerned that my e- mails are not being read because the the recipient see january'03 they think it is an old one---please help? Thank you, Liz I'm assuming you mean when someone receives it? In your sent folder what date appears? If the sent items date is correct but the receiving party has the wrong date than it is the date on your Email Server. OL should pickup the date from your computer. So whatever date you see when yo...

Show Groups as Page Header
I used the report wizard to create a report based on a table. The table has 252 records. When I preview the report, it only shows 242 records. The records are sorted / grouped by district. In the table, the fields are District Business Name DBA Name Amount The wizard placed the District and field names into the District Name Header. To make the report more readable, how can I get the group headers to be the page headers? That is, if a group prints over more than one page, how can I get the page header to show the group name? You can set the "Repeat Section" property of the Gro...

mail between servers in the same org not working
I just installed a second Exchange 2003 server in my Native Mode org. Both servers show up in the org but my new server can't send mail to the original server. The original server is SP1 but the new server is SP2. Would that cause the problem? No, otherwise nobody in a multiserver org would ever be able to upgrade from SP1 to SP2 (you can't do all servers simultaneously). Enable logging on the SMTP Transport (creates event log entries) and enable logging for the SMTP Virtual Server (creates log files) and see what you find. "TLMPLHou66" <tmarshall@placorp.com>...