Group by date and then conversation

Hi,

I would like to create a custom view that is a mix between the
standard message view (arranged by date) and message view (arranged by
conversation).  In other words, I would like to group by date first at
the top level, and then within each date grouping, I would like to
have message group by conversation.  So this would mean that the
"Today" grouping would have only those conversations that had messages
sent that day, and "Yesterday" would have those conversations where
the last message sent was yesterday, and so on.

Is this possible?

thanks.

0
hobbes77 (1)

Seems to be, 'View|Current View|Customize current view', group items by
Received (or Sent), then by Conversation.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4

<hobbes77@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to create a custom view that is a mix between the
> standard message view (arranged by date) and message view (arranged by
> conversation).  In other words, I would like to group by date first at
> the top level, and then within each date grouping, I would like to
> have message group by conversation.  So this would mean that the
> "Today" grouping would have only those conversations that had messages
> sent that day, and "Yesterday" would have those conversations where
> the last message sent was yesterday, and so on.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> thanks.

0
hhh6225 (363)

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Reference a Date and Time in Query
Hello, I am trying to use a query to filter the table results by Date and Time. The table data is in the format: mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS *M I already have a query that selects the data between two dates. But I also want to be able to select two dates and two times. Such as Between 3/15/2007 9:00 AM and 3/15/2007 10:00 AM, or use two different dates and times, etc. I have gotten close by using: Between ([Forms]![RC_WithTime]![Calendar1]+TimeSerial(9,0,0)) And ([Forms]![RC_WithTime]![Calendar2]+TimeSerial(10,0,0)) but as soon as I try to convert the TimeSerial to link to forms it says that the...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

last sale date
HI All I am looking for a table that would have the date that an inventory item was sold on. I browsed sop and inventory tables. I found last purchased date on IV QTY Master IV00102, but I cant find one for sales. Anyone know if there is such a field and what table it may be on? -- Ian There does not appear to be such a date. "Ian Richardson" <IanRichardson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:536A4CEF-789B-465B-A5C8-F0FF4722FEAB@microsoft.com... > HI All > > I am looking for a table that would have the date that an inventory item > was > s...

Conversation thread in outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 training page in office.microsoft.com mentions that it is possible to sort by conversation to get a traffic flow (conversation thread). http://office.microsoft.com/training/Training.aspx?AssetID=RP010439111033&CTT=6&Origin=RC010435841033 (Or Training > Outlook > So that's how! Great Outlook features to organize your Inbox) But whenever I sort by conversation I receive a flat list with all message shown at the same level, not by the convesation traffic as shown in the example in the above mentioned page - all the messages for one conversation is intended at the sa...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

setup formula to calculate random dates
Hi all, I am trying to setup a formula to calculate employees terminated each months. I hate doing this and it sucks. I have a employee spreadsheets and it contains all the users (hire date, termination date). the data is enter in different columns. At the end of the month, I need to know how many employees are teminated. I have another column by months (Jan, Feb, .... December) I need to calculate how many people were layed off each month. Thanks for all your help. Try Sorting by the Month Column and then using Data | Subtotals to Count the Entries in the Terminated Column every time the...

Outlook 2007 Export w/ Date
We have a need to print a list of e-mails from Outlook 2007, so we can make comments on each of them. The export seemed to be a perfect fit for this, because we could bring it into Excel, and type our notes. However the export does not include the date field. That's crazy. That's one of the main pieces. Is there any way at all to export this data and include the dates? Thanks, Jesse http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/copy_data.htm - if you need the message body, add the message field to the view and copy and paste. Note that it works best if don't need the body - or at...

dates change when I copy and paste
I have a report that has columns for Day of week and a column for th date(10/15/04) but when I copy and paste to another excel worksheet th date changes from ex: 10/15/04 to 10/13/08. Any ideas why this woul happen. It's a pretty lengthy report and I hate to always have t change each date. Help. : -- Nesi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nesia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1534 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26965 Hi both workbooks have different date setting (...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Printed calendar includes more dates than requested in page setup
I am using Wndows 2007 and am trying to print a 1 month calendar in Outlook with weekdays only that includes specific dates, but I'm getting more dates than I want. ie I specified date of 1/4/10 through 1/29/10. Printed calendar includes the weeks of 12/28/09 and 1/31/10. Also, some days (not events) are shaded, but I can't f determine why. when you print a monthly calendar, its going to include the full month - if the first or last of the month is in a week with another month, those dates will be included in the printout. 1/31 should not be included since it’s a su...

Date format 04-19-07
Good afternoon: I have a field "ship date" in a table that is populated as follow "05JAN2006" (DDMMMYYYY) and this field is a text field. I would like to turn this field into a date field where I could make calculations and REALLY have a date information. I would like to add a column to the table and use an update query to transfor the ship date into a real date... What is the function you would recommend using to do so? Is there a better way than to add a column, upodate and then remove one column? Thanks Michel Khennafi wrote: > Good afternoon: > > I ...

Last login date by a work resource
Hi, Can some please help me to get to know the latest date when a work resource logged in project server 2007? GP -- In PWA, click Server Settings - Manage Users. Look in the Last Connect column to see the date each user logged into the Project Server 2007 system. Beyond this, you can also export this data to Excel for further analysis by clicking Actions - Export to Excel. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server&q...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

Dates and Math
I have two columns listing date and time in the MM/DD/YYYY TT:TT:TT format. I would like to subtract one from the other to get the time it takes to do X. Any ideas? Hi try =A2-A1 and format with the custom format [hh]:mm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jimlib" <j1ml1b@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d5b18b0e.0411191423.1ee756dd@posting.google.com... > I have two columns listing date and time in the MM/DD/YYYY TT:TT:TT > format. I would like to subtract one from the other to get the time it > takes to do X. Any ideas? ...

Summing dates
I have table like this Date 1 Date2 Diff Date2-Date1 19.12.05 10.01.06 0Y 0M 22D 14.01.05 26.02.05 0Y 1M 13D Which formula to use to sum dates in column 3. For easyer calculations assume that month have 30 days. Tahnx See: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=558873 -- Vito ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vito's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29182 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=558872 Just subtract =B2-A2 -- HTH Bob Phi...

FAQ to find difference of two dates expressed in days
can someone direct me to the FAQ where I could probably find out how to determine the difference between two dates expressed in days thank you portella@optonline.net ...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

y2k date issue
I have an old database file in DBF format that I use Microsoft Access to display. The dates in the DBF file only has 2 digits, so when it's opened under Access, some dates are displayed as "19xx", while other dates just as "xx". It creates quite a problem when I sort or search by the dates. I do have a simple way to figure out whether the year "xx" is 20xx or 19xx, so I was wondering if there is a way to add a small macro for the date fields, such that when this DBF file is opened under Access, proper conversion of the year would take place automatically. On...

Howto insert date&time OL 2003
Hello Group, I'm sure there must be a shortcut to insert in an email (notes, appoint. etc.) the present Date & Time with out having to type it manually. Example: Key-combination (xxxx) returns: "Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:05 PM" Is there something like that in OL 2003? Thank you in advance, Manuel Manuel Davila <davilanet@comcast.net> wrote: > I'm sure there must be a shortcut to insert in an email (notes, > appoint. etc.) the present Date & Time with out having to type it > manually. How is it that's you're sure? You might wan...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...