graphic in signature doesn't always display

I have a  graphic image in my signature. It displays fine whey I create an
email, but sometimes when I reply, it doesn't display. It seems to depend on
the type of email that I'm replying too.

Any ideas?

--
RFS
iBox Technologies

RFS <rsmith@iboxcabinets.com> wrote:

> I have a  graphic image in my signature. It displays fine whey I
> create an email, but sometimes when I reply, it doesn't display. It
> seems to depend on the type of email that I'm replying too.

This is a true statement.  Replies always take the format of the received
message.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16054)
12/15/2004 2:39:35 PM
Graphic signature are (generally) in HTML format. They won't show up
properly in Text or RTF (Rich Text Format), the other two message formats
that Outlook supports. If your signature doesn't show up when you reply to a
message, the odds are the message your received was in Text or RTF format,
and Outlook uses that same format when you reply to the message. If that
happens, you should be able to, in your reply message, go to the FORMAT menu
and change the format to HTML, and then go to INSERT | SIGNATURE to add your
signature in.
--
Tom Winter
Tom@NoSpam.AmosFiveSix.com

"RFS" <rsmith@iboxcabinets.com> wrote in message
> I have a  graphic image in my signature. It displays fine whey I create an
> email, but sometimes when I reply, it doesn't display. It seems to depend
on
> the type of email that I'm replying too.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> RFS
> iBox Technologies
> Industrial & Security Computer Cabinets
> www.iboxcabinets.com

0
Tom9097 (5)
12/15/2004 2:52:43 PM
Your post makes sense, thanks for the help. But I have just tried replying
to HTML emails and for some, my signature pic displays, for others I just
get that box with the "x".

This is getting more challenging... Any thoughts?

--
"Tom Winter" <Tom@NoSpam.AmosFiveSix.com> wrote in message
> Graphic signature are (generally) in HTML format. They won't show up
> properly in Text or RTF (Rich Text Format), the other two message formats
> that Outlook supports. If your signature doesn't show up when you reply to
> message, the odds are the message your received was in Text or RTF format,
> and Outlook uses that same format when you reply to the message. If that
> happens, you should be able to, in your reply message, go to the FORMAT
> menu
> and change the format to HTML, and then go to INSERT | SIGNATURE to add
> your
> signature in.
> --
> Tom Winter
> Tom@NoSpam.AmosFiveSix.com
> www.AmosFiveSix.com
>
> "RFS" <rsmith@iboxcabinets.com> wrote in message
>> I have a  graphic image in my signature. It displays fine whey I create
>> an
>> email, but sometimes when I reply, it doesn't display. It seems to depend
> on
>> the type of email that I'm replying too.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> --
>> RFS
>> iBox Technologies
>> Industrial & Security Computer Cabinets
>> www.iboxcabinets.com

Well, are we talking about:

1. First, you sending an e-mail including your signature, someone replies to
it, and now you are replying to him. When you do that, the original
signature from when you first sent the e-mail now shows as an X.
or
2. Any old e-mail and when you reply and insert your signature, it shows as
an X.?

The first scenario is certainly understandable, if that's it. E-mails go
through lots of squishing and squashing (to be non-technical! ;) when send
and replied, etc.

I think I would need a more detailed explanation of the steps involved to
get the X, if it's something that always happens under the same
circumatances.

You might also want to post your signature. I could look at the HTML and see
if it's screwy. How did you create your signature? Did you just use
Outlook's user interface? Do you know how to edit the HTML signature file
directly? We might need to do that!
--

> Your post makes sense, thanks for the help. But I have just tried replying
> to HTML emails and for some, my signature pic displays, for others I just
> get that box with the "x".
>
> This is getting more challenging... Any thoughts?
>
> --
> RFS
> iBox Technologies
> Industrial & Security Computer Cabinets
> www.iboxcabinets.com
> "Tom Winter" <Tom@NoSpam.AmosFiveSix.com> wrote in message
> > Graphic signature are (generally) in HTML format. They won't show up
> > properly in Text or RTF (Rich Text Format), the other two message
formats
> > that Outlook supports. If your signature doesn't show up when you reply
> > message, the odds are the message your received was in Text or RTF
format,
> > and Outlook uses that same format when you reply to the message. If that
> > happens, you should be able to, in your reply message, go to the FORMAT
> > menu
> > and change the format to HTML, and then go to INSERT | SIGNATURE to add
> > your
> > signature in.
> > --
> > Tom Winter
> > Tom@NoSpam.AmosFiveSix.com
> > www.AmosFiveSix.com
> >
> > "RFS" <rsmith@iboxcabinets.com> wrote in message
> >> I have a  graphic image in my signature. It displays fine whey I create
> >> an
> >> email, but sometimes when I reply, it doesn't display. It seems to
depend
> > on
> >> the type of email that I'm replying too.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> >>
> >> --
> >> RFS
> >> iBox Technologies
> >> Industrial & Security Computer Cabinets
> >> www.iboxcabinets.com

0
Tom9097 (5)
12/16/2004 2:44:24 PM
Tom, the same thing is happening to my graphic in my signature.  I saved a
graphic in my signature successfully before going to 2003.  Now I am using XP
WIN2003, I followed the same process as before:  I accessed Advanced
Signature Options in HTMP format, attached a Microsoft clipart graphic, saved
it & when I opened a new email, the graphic was a box with a big red X.  Any
idea what the heck I did wrong?

"Tom Winter" wrote:

> Well, are we talking about:
>
> 1. First, you sending an e-mail including your signature, someone replies to
> it, and now you are replying to him. When you do that, the original
> signature from when you first sent the e-mail now shows as an X.
> or
> 2. Any old e-mail and when you reply and insert your signature, it shows as
> an X.?
>
> The first scenario is certainly understandable, if that's it. E-mails go
> through lots of squishing and squashing (to be non-technical! ;) when send
> and replied, etc.
>
> I think I would need a more detailed explanation of the steps involved to
> get the X, if it's something that always happens under the same
> circumatances.
>
> You might also want to post your signature. I could look at the HTML and see
> if it's screwy. How did you create your signature? Did you just use
> Outlook's user interface? Do you know how to edit the HTML signature file
> directly? We might need to do that!
> --
> Tom Winter
> Tom@NoSpam.AmosFiveSix.com
> www.AmosFiveSix.com
>
> "RFS" <rsmith@iboxcabinets.com> wrote in message
> > Your post makes sense, thanks for the help. But I have just tried replying
> > to HTML emails and for some, my signature pic displays, for others I just
> > get that box with the "x".
> >
> > This is getting more challenging... Any thoughts?
> >
> > --
> > RFS
> > iBox Technologies
> > Industrial & Security Computer Cabinets
> > www.iboxcabinets.com
> > "Tom Winter" <Tom@NoSpam.AmosFiveSix.com> wrote in message
> > > Graphic signature are (generally) in HTML format. They won't show up
> > > properly in Text or RTF (Rich Text Format), the other two message
> formats
> > > that Outlook supports. If your signature doesn't show up when you reply
> > > message, the odds are the message your received was in Text or RTF
> format,
> > > and Outlook uses that same format when you reply to the message. If that
> > > happens, you should be able to, in your reply message, go to the FORMAT
> > > menu
> > > and change the format to HTML, and then go to INSERT | SIGNATURE to add
> > > your
> > > signature in.
> > > --
> > > Tom Winter
> > > Tom@NoSpam.AmosFiveSix.com
> > > www.AmosFiveSix.com
> > >
> > > "RFS" <rsmith@iboxcabinets.com> wrote in message
> depend
> > > on

0
smd1227 (1)

Problem with signature and multiple accounts
Hello I have Outlook as part of Office 2003 I have multiple email addresses (accounts) so when Outlook goes on line, it checks three servers I wanted to create a signature for the third account The problem is that when I click on new message, it is always the first account that comes up (without the signature of course) I then tell Outlook to send the message via the third account but of course, the email is already open and the signature does not appear. I should explain that Outlook is using Word 2003 to type emails (but the option is apparently available still) What do I have ...

Why Excel doens't display all text in a cell
I have quite a bit text entered in a cell. But Excel doesn't display all. I tried wrap text, merge cell, but none worked. All text is in there when I click the cell. How can I make it display all? Thanks. If you add alt-enters to your text (to force new lines within the cell), you can see more of the text. Dan wrote: > > I have quite a bit text entered in a cell. But Excel doesn't display all. I > tried wrap text, merge cell, but none worked. All text is in there when I > click the cell. How can I make it display all? Thanks. -- Dave Peterson Thanks for the help....

displaying lookup fields
Can anyone help. I have created two tables customers and booking. From the booking table I have created a form for entering the booking information. For the customer field within this form I have used lookup columns from my customer table. In the booking form I click on the customer field and it correctly shows list of customers. I select the correct customer but the field only displays the first name. Is there a way I can select the customer and the filed to display both the first name and last name, address and postcode? I am desparate can you help? Firstly, I hope you are not usin...

Script Font Used for Signature Line in Outlook 2000
Is there a standard script font that is used by most people when using Outlook 2000 on the signature line? We have found that some people use Commercial Scipt BT (bold italic 24), but when people receive the message, the signature line is not printed using Commercial Script. Therefore, we are wondering, is there a standard script font that most people use? Thanks. ...

Disappearing graphics
I'm running MS Publisher 97 under WinXP Home. Recently I discovered that inserted graphics (.WMF) had simply disappeared from one of the pages. No frame, no placekeeper, nothing. Has anyone else experienced this? It keeps repeating. Vel See if this solves it, view, picture display, detailed display. If this isn't the answer maybe you are due for an updated video driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Vel Turner" <twoturners@tiagris.com> wrote in message news:eRBsQ$4fDHA.1752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm r...

display a category total on man page?
When working in an account at the bottom of the page it shows "Cash flow forecast" Is there any way to change that to another type of chart or total. I would like to be able to display the total spending in a certain category for the year instead. Like how much I've spent on food so far in the year etc. Is there a way to do this and have it visible all the time..Thanks What you see is what you can get. "MHF" <caad5@rogers.com> wrote in message news:VrQ6b.416595$4UE.131613@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > When working in an account at the bottom o...

Graphic template Excel 1997
Hi, I have some template of Graphic in an Excel file. I have a workbook with the graphic, one with the data and one with some constant (Contain the information about the legend and stuff like this) . When I modify the data of the constant, the layout of the graphic change. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks, ...

"unable to display the folder. The ... folder could not be found" error
All, The above error occurs for a set of users delegated mailbox access. Selecting file-open-other user's folder results in this message. It seems to be a particular OU as other users mail opens okay. Has anyone experienced this error? Please email me. Regards Derrick Smith ...

Graphics
I have a Toshiba laptop and the screen is constantly fluttering.The desktop icons flutter. I can't watch movies because of it. I would think it has to do with graphics but I don't know. I have Intel Graphics Mobile Chipset and according to their website the driver is updated. Any suggestions on what might be the cause? I tried restoring to an earlier date but no restoral point prior to the problem exists. On 5/19/2010 11:41 AM, Connie wrote: > I have a Toshiba laptop and the screen is constantly fluttering.The > desktop icons flutter. I can't watch movies be...

outlook always asking for passwords when I send/receive mail
Each time I click send/receive a pop up comes up and asks for my password, each time I click remember password, but it never does. any thoughts/help is appreciated. I had the same freakin problem with my computer. I finally found the solution. It's not hard if you follow the instructions exactly. It worked for me on an XP system. If you have an older system, just follow the instructions. But I felt the need to help someone else out of the same mess. So here's the website URL to help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;q264672 Hope it helps, Matt ...

Display results based on a date range
Hello, I’m trying to creating a form that will display info from my table called “tblCalls”. I would like the info to be display between to a “Date” range entered by the user. Within my “tblCalls” there is a field that contains the date of each record. In my form called “frmCallLog” are the two textboxes, in which the user will enter the desired date ranges “Calls from [textbox “8/20/06”] through to [textbox “8/20/07”].” The form will then auto populate with the results. There are many textboxes that will at that time auto populate with results, such as, how many times does “Jason”, “Bob”...

how do i get my name and title and address as my signature
How do I insert my signature using Outlook? What option do I use? In Outlook 2003 (same in other versions I think), Tools>Options>Mail Format tab>Signatures section at the bottom. HTH Mark "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AC9A140-56A1-4BD0-A6A1-A9E2D4D328FD@microsoft.com... > How do I insert my signature using Outlook? What option do I use? ...

difference between Graphics::DrawImage() and Graphics::DrawCachedBitmap().
hi friends, i want to the difference between Graphics::DrawImage() and Graphics::DrawCachedBitmap(). i mean how the performance in DrawCachedBitmap() is improved? DrawCachedBitmap should be analaogous to drawing with DDB in GDI. and DrawImage should be analogous to drawing in DIB in GDI. DDB is in the device format but DIB is in the device independent format. So there would involve the device translation everytime you draw with DIB. You an speeden that by caching in the device format and using the cached bitmap to draw in future. -- Vipin Aravind "priya" <priyanka.khedekar@g...

Specifying different signatures for multiple accounts
Hello all! I recently combined my 3 email accounts on Outlook 2002. In OE, I could specify signature #1 goes with account #1 and signature #2 goes with account #2, etc. How do I do that in Outlook? I've looked and looked but can't find any setting that will allow me to do that. It's getting annoying to have to manually insert the secondary signature and then delete the incorrect one when I want to send email from a specific account. I use all my accounts rather extensively throughout the day and feel there ought to be a more efficient way of doing this. Any help wil...

Clipart copied from other software does not always print properly
I have copied clipart into my publisher document and everything looks fine on the screen. However, when it goes to print, sometimes the clipart prints fine and sometimes it does not. I've got the same piece of clipart in two documents. In one, it prints perfectly. In the other, it shows perfectly on the screen but when you print, it is almost like the clipart is broken apart and enlarged. What could be making the difference? Even when I copy the clipart item from the document where it is working fine into the document where it does, it still doesn't work. ...

Rounding actual results
Hi, I've got a grid that says: Hr Min Maths: 5 25 English: 7 25 And so on. I'm wanting to work out how much time is devoted to learning in the whole week. What I've got so far is: Hr Min Total learning time: =A1+A2... (counts up all totals in hours column) My current answer for hours is 18. I'm stuck with what to do with the minutes column. so far, I've got an ...

About lineal graphic
Hello, I want to create a lineal graphic, but when there are not all the values of the table of values, it does not paint the complete lines, but only the consecutive points of measurement. One cannot paint a line from one value to other skipping one or two columns of for way? Example: |A|1|2|3|4| |B|1| |3|7| |C|1|3|4|5| The 'B' should paint a line from the value 1 to the value 3 and from value 3 to 7, but only one marks me the value and later a line of the value 3 to the value 7. How can I paint her does it complete? Thank you. Hi, Select the chart and then use the menu...

Display total weight on POS Screen
Is anyone aware of a way to display the total weight of an sale or order to the cashier during POS? Hi Bill, Yes it is possible, you have to use the specific item type called weighted, and for that you also require to create the itemlookupcode which has start and end digit of weight item. Here is how weighted barcode works: following steps one by one. ASSUME: 2010190013636 is the Barcode Content. 1) Try creating a Weighed Item, by giving Item Look Up code = 10190 and Alias Code = BLANK [No alias code], set the unit price and test by scanning that particular barcode in PO Screen...

URGENT: Query by Form, display in subform, link to / generate repo
I have developed a query and a form that will provide the parameters for that query. My challenge is that I want the results of the query to display in a subform below the search text box(es). Then I would like to have 2nd subform that provides links based on the value of one field to determine which reports may be selected. While I'm not new to Access, I'm still very new to VBA and want to know if this is possible. If possible, how to get it to work. This is pretty urgent as I have two different projects that will use this process. Thanks in advance for the help ... B...

Insert & link a graphic file in Excel 2003 --> updatable pictures!
I want to insert a graphic or a picture, it should be visible in Excel, but linked with the file, so that when the file content changes, it is changed in Excel too! I have charts in png-format as automated outputs of a statistics application. The file names are constant, but every month the content of the file is different. Because the application produces new charts and saves them under the same filename. The links were updated automatically in Excel sheets with the XP version of Office. It was also possible to insert the pictures as linked object in the earlier version. What happened...

html graphics
Outlook 2000 Exchange 2003 Windows 2000 Pro Windows 2003 Server I cannot view the graphics on an html email. I was able to temprary correct this by Tools>Options>Security>Zone Setting>Custom Level and enabling the File download. I do not particularly care for this fix as I do not want to have file download option enabled for my email client. Is there another fix? Thank you Penny ...

Line breaks removed in outgoing e-mail signature
All, When I send an e-mail using Outlook 2003, many, although not all, line breaks in my signature are removed causing my name, title, etc. to be pushed into one long line. I would prefer that each line in the signature to be preserved. Any ideas why this occurs and how to prevent it? Thanks in advance, -Lonnie Answered in the outlook.general newsgroup. Do NOT multipost! -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Lonnie" <lonnie@dodgeit.com> wrote in message news:1184001...

linked graphics moved file and graphics
I moved my large pub file along with the graphics to a new location on my computer. How do you tell publisher to look in another place for all of the graphics. When I open it now, I have to go and look for each graphic and create the link again. Using 2003, however maybe using 2007, so if there is a fix for either would like to know it. Tools, Options, General tab... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ap1971" <ap1971@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D5B5AE8-5794-4228-9A78-E5DD3D1293EA@microsoft.com... >I moved my large pub file along with ...

Richtextbox & graphics from clipboard
Hi *.*, I want to prevent a RichtextBox from getting inserted a graphics from clipboard e.g. by Ctrl+V (should accept only text/rtftext). The RichtextBox is subclassed already. How to do it? Juergen. Juergen Thuemmler wrote: > Hi *.*, > > I want to prevent a RichtextBox from getting inserted a graphics from > clipboard e.g. by Ctrl+V (should accept only text/rtftext). The > RichtextBox is subclassed already. How to do it? > Take a look at this discussion: http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-236570.html Note that each mechanism has its...

X400 addresses always autocreate wrong
I have a few exchange 2003 sites in different countries in my exchange org. The Europe site was created first, and now whenever I create distribution lists and such, my objects always default to their smtp address (@companyeu.com) and the x400 properties auto generate to the europe standard as well - the exchange org to their sitename, and the country code to their country as well. Anyone know how to change this? The root public folder tree is in Europe (they have the "Folders" directory if you look in exchange manager)... Any tips? Chris On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 09:50:52 -0...