Grammar and Proofing Tools

An office I work with is very happy with SBS2003.  however, when they took
the rollout of Outlook2003, they could no longer use WordXP as their email
editor.. which means one feature was missing: Grammar checking.

We called MS and they basically told us to buy Office 2003 for that function
OR we could buy MS Proofing Tools.

We chose to buy Proofing Tools because of the cost delta.

Now, having installed it on a few stations.. we can't find anywhere where
this adds proofing to Outlook 2003 at all.  Are we missing something?

0
chris751 (5)

Russian proofing tools
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3171977773_1994041 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Does anyone know whether or not any third parties have released Russian proofing tools for Office 2004? ABBYY (at apple.ru/ruspell) have a version for Office X, but apparently not for Office 2004. I am most in need of hyphenation, but also spell-checker. On a related note, from what little I know of Office for Windows, most of their featur...

Want to replace a reporting tool with excel
I use a reporting tool on the web pages. Because of some resons I want to replace that with excel tables or charts. Database changes every minutes. I want to show users charts with updated data when users request the excel report on IE. Is it possible? If so do I have to get a new license? Thanks. You should look at the Office Web Components.. but note they do have tricky licensing issues... -- Charles www.officezealot.com "haode" <haode@abc.com> wrote in message news:%23hKHXquuDHA.2368@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I use a reporting tool on the web pages. > > B...

How to print spellcheck and grammar errors(like w/track changes)?
Hello, I would like to print a document with all the grammar and spellcheck errors highlighted with the red and green squiggly underlined words in order to show my kids the issues visibly for correction and learning. I 've not found a setting like with track changes that makes this possible...can anyone provide a tip on how to make this happen other than 'print screen' and then cropping the picture? -- MfG/BR BRDPARIS It is not possible to do this from Word. Your post suggests the only viable approach - screen capture, but you really need a capture software t...

Visual Studio Tools for GP 9
Has anybody found more documentation and samples than the developer guide that comes with the tools. Thanks Juan Mejia All the official documentation is available in the download area for each component of the toolkit. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Juan Mejia" wrote: > Has anybody found more documentation and samples than the developer guide > that comes with the tools. > > Thanks > > Juan Mejia > > > Juan, As for samples, there are currently only the 2 samples that install with the visual studio tools. For documentation, what more document...

Is there a "Zoom Tool" in Publisher 2003 or 2007?
I would like to be able to zoom to a specific point on a page without having to first "Zoom In" or Zoom Out" and then use the vertical and horzontal scroll bars. In many design applications this is accomplished by changing the cursor to a "Zoom Tool" and then drawing around the exact area I wish to see full screen. In some apps I use, there is also a way to hold down a key and change the current cursor to a hand and drag the view "window" around the page. Can either of these be done in Publisher 2007? Best you can do is select your object or place you...

the language tool disappeared from the program
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) The 'language' button disappeared completly from the word menu. I can't change the working language anymore which is a huge problem for me as I constantly have to write texts in different languages. <br><br>Please help! You need to reset that menu: See the Word help topic "Add or remove buttons, menus, and commands" Choose the correct menu, then click the RESET button. Cheers On 17/03/10 8:53 PM, in article 59bb5622.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "k.herlemann@officeformac.com" <...

Check grammar but not spelling
I'd like to do a grammar check without a spell check. I can see how to turn on "check grammar as you type" and "check spelling as you type", but that's not what I'm looking for. What I want is to perform a complete grammar check, without the spell check. I'm using Word 2003. Thanks. The two functions are irrevocably connected, however if the spelling in the document is corrected, only the grammar will be checked when you click F7. The grammar checker should only ever be used as a guide to possible errors. Computerised grammar checking is...

grammar check problem
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2 When checking text in an e-mail message, I often get a warning dialog that says "Text marked with "Do not check spelling or grammar" was skipped." I never knowingly mark text that way. How do I prevent this from happening? -- Thanks, Bob it's probably the style you are using - will also happen if you type in the signature block. if you right click and see the signature list, you are in the sig field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://w...

help where is this tool at?????
show icon on tool so you know when new mail has arrived and you are not in outlook express where is this feature located??? Hi, Peg - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x...

Tool to convert unicode.pst to ANSI.pst file
Hey does anyone know of a tool which can convert unicode.pst to ANSI.pst file. I know of the outlook solution,. But this is in bulk which i needs to import and which exmerge cannot do. Hope someone can help me. -- Manoj " Jack of all trades, master of the moment" On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:48:02 -0700, manoj <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey does anyone know of a tool which can convert unicode.pst to ANSI.pst >file. I know of the outlook solution,. But this is in bulk which i needs to >import and which exmerge cannot do. > >Hope someone can...

Logical proof of SQL change
See DDL below. This represents a very simplistic view of my client's system, in which there are actually about 95 tables and nearly 50 views. The views are used primarily to provide a real-time snapshot of certain datasets for auditing purposes. The database has medical applications so it has to be carefully controlled. Most of the views include in their JOIN a "nested view" - that is, a view that contains common columns that are needed for all deriving views (data items such as Patient Ref, Treatment Date etc.) I've modelled this with the view CommonView belo...

Greek spell checker and proofing tools for Office 2010 Beta
Dear friends, A few days ago I downloaded and installed Microsoft Office 2010 Beta and it works fine on my Windows XP Professional SP3 operating system. My home language is Greek, I have the US English and Greek languages on my system and for this reason I would like to also have both the US English and the Greek spell checker and proofing tools Office 2010 add-ons installed on my system. After a look at the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta website, I downloaded and installed the SingleLanguagePack_en-us.exe file. The installation was completed successfully and I can see the Mic...

OWA Administration tool
I installed OWA admin tool recently. On the back-end servers, I see that I can actually change settings using the tool. However, on the Front-end OWA server (where I actually need it), all the options are grayed out. Is this by design? If so, any workaround available? Thanks! Mike Hi, see this for your Problem, i spend you a screnshot: http://www.monstersgame.de/?ac=vid&vid=15246 greetings "Jon Doe" <jdoe@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:a4KdnYUbuKXljCffRVn-pA@comcast.com... >I installed OWA admin tool recently. On the back-end servers, I see that I >...

Spelling and Grammar Checking
The generally accepted, proferred, official acronym for the Department of Defense in the United States is "DoD," not "DOD." No matter how I try to change the dictionary and autocorrect settings in Word 2007 (and earlier versions) the DoD acronym is always flagged as either a spelling or a grammatical error. I can eliminate the spelling error, but when I do so the grammatical error is still detected and the grammatical rule that was supposedly applied is completely irrelevant to the situation. This is very frustrating. (Please test your suggested solution be...

How to access macros via tool buttons?
Excel v2007 When using v2003, I had many macros In my Personal.xls, which I accessed via custom tool buttons on many custom toolbars that I built. I now have version 2007, which includes my old Personal.xls with all my macros, but I want the easy access to those macros I used to have. Being the tool ribbon is a different system, what is now the strategy for fast button-clickable launching of macros? Are buttons built, menus, what? [I already know about the Quick Access Toolbar, but I have over a hundred macros I previously had divided onto several toolbars that I'd hide and s...

Grammar check
Is there a way to check grammar? I can spell check but then end up cutting and pasting into a word document for grammar check. I read somewhere that I could embed it into a word document, but I don't know what that means. With the cutting and pasting I have to either go back and forth from word to excel making changes or print a copy and handwrite errors that show up on word and then change in excel. I am mostly interested in the spacing, coorecdts commas, etc. Please tell me there is an easier way! Thanks! Jen wrote: > Is there a way to check grammar? I can spell check bu...

prooffing tools
how to set the spelling in Outlook 2007 (for hebrew), the English spelling works well. Thanks Silene ...

grammar errors
In the Word options>Proofing>When correcting spelling and grammar in Word: I want to know what is the difference between "Mark grammar errors as you type" and "Check grammar with spelling"? When I clear any of the two check boxes the result is not marking the grammar errors. Thanks in advance Mark grammar errors as you type should add wiggly green lines to possible grammatical anomalies as you type. Check grammar with spelling displays grammatical errors and their descriptions when you run a spell check e.g. by pressing F7.. The two buttons are lar...

How do I PERMANENTLY remove green grammar lines?
I have removed them by right clicking and "removing once". I save and the next time I open the document they're back again. Office 2007. Turn off automatic grammar check: Click Office button | Word Options. In the Proofing category, clear "Mark grammar errors as you type." Click OK. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Pgood" <Pgood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7FCC110-FBF6-4FBA-96C4-9FD06D553785@microsoft.com... >I have removed them by right clicking and "removing once". I save and the > next ...

Exchange System Management Tools
I went to install the Exchange System Management Tools on my Windows 2000 SP4 worksation. In the component selection I select the action of custom for Microsoft Exchange and the action of Install for microsoft Exchange System Management Tools. I have decided that i want to remove them form my workstation. I went into add/remove programs and select microsft exchange and the wizard starts up again. When I get to the component selection screen I try to change the action to remove for microsoft exchange and I get an error message the component "Microsoft Exchange Forest prepartion&...

Debugging tools for Windows
While searching for an obscure heap error, I discovered Microsoft's free debugging tools. It's a nice arrow to have in the quiver. http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx ...

Customize Grammar Checker
Is there a way to customize the grammar checker to allow certain things? For example, I work for a church. Words that we capitalize, like Sunday School (Word does not like a capitalized School), You/Your when referring to God, capitalizing Spirit, etc. I have tried adding the capitalized words to my custom dictionary, but it still picks out the above words as incorrect. Yes, I could turn off the grammar/spell checker, but I don't want to do that if possible. And since the majority of what I type uses the above examples, it is a constant and annoying flag. Any suggestion...

Preventing password removal tools from working.......How?
Has anyone seen a good way to prevent the thousands of password removal tools from working? I would simply like the Excel protection to NOT be easily defeated by the use of these tools. Any ideas? Bryan The only way is to not let your workbook fall into the hands of people who will try to break the password. This may mean don't share it with anyone. bryan@xgengames.com wrote: > > Has anyone seen a good way to prevent the thousands of password removal > tools from working? > > I would simply like the Excel protection to NOT be easily defeated by > the use of thes...

Anyone Getting Proofing Tools Message?
I'm in Word 2007/Windows 7. In my current document auto spell check does not work. When I manually spell check I get a popup that states: "Cannot find proofing tools for Dutch (Netherlands). If you have . . ." The an English spell check that I've never seen before pups up and works. I don't have the problem in other documents. My default language is correctly set for English in the operating system. What happened? Part of the text has been marked as Dutch. Select the whole document and apply the desired language via Review tab | Set Language. While you ...

GALMOD or tool to let user update AD information
At my last job we let users use the GALMOD tool so they could update information in Active Directory without having to call us and ask us to change it for them. That worked good. Is there a better and more flexible way to do let users update their Global Address List information without putting GALMOD32.EXE on all of their desktop computers? I have tried the web page version of this mentioned in KB article 242223 but it has some limitations such as we want users to be able to update other information like title in the directory. TIA Third party: http://www.webactivedirectory.com/...