Globally changing Outlook Contacts

Hi group

I am using Outlook XP (2002). I desire to change the way each contact is
viewed in my contact folder.

This would require changing the "File As" field on every contact.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Warwick

0
someone1 (389)

You'd have to use code to do that.
This MS KB article may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q291144

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Warwick Cunningham" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi group
>
> I am using Outlook XP (2002). I desire to change the way each contact is
> viewed in my contact folder.
>
> This would require changing the "File As" field on every contact.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards
> Warwick

0
russval (3097)
8/26/2003 10:18:37 AM
erm.. export to excel, change, then import again.

backup first !

also, you'll lose the modified dates, so don't do it if these are important.
"Warwick Cunningham" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi group
>
> I am using Outlook XP (2002). I desire to change the way each contact is
> viewed in my contact folder.
>
> This would require changing the "File As" field on every contact.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards
> Warwick

0
neil3802 (91)
8/26/2003 10:21:41 AM
Won't work. The File As field is a derived field, not a static one.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Neil" <neil@thingis.co.uk> wrote in message
> erm.. export to excel, change, then import again.
>
> backup first !
>
> also, you'll lose the modified dates, so don't do it if these are
important.
> "Warwick Cunningham" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> > Hi group
> >
> > I am using Outlook XP (2002). I desire to change the way each contact is
> > viewed in my contact folder.
> >
> > This would require changing the "File As" field on every contact.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Regards
> > Warwick

0
russval (3097)

How do I change excell doc to all caps?
How do I change my excell doc to all upper case. Try the function UPPER, it changes all text to uppercase letter. princechopper Wrote: > How do I change my excell doc to all upper case. -- Morrigan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=387354 have a look at the caseconvert add-in available from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm "Morrigan" wrote: > > Try the fun...

changing program icon
How do I change the icon of an MFC program I am creating? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Click the resource tab and right-click on the icon that you want to change. Click properties. In the file name text box enter the file name of the icon that you wish to change to. anonymous@coolgroups.com wrote in message news:<b83f655567261121cc38cd9cedc48112@news.scbiz.com>... > How do I change the icon of an MFC program I am creating? > > Sorry if this is a dumb question. It's in the resources, under "Icon". My projects all have them listed as "IDR_MAINFRAME&qu...

can i able to change the voting caption "VOTE" to custom caption?
can i able to change the voting caption "VOTE" to custom caption? I don't think so. What happened when you tried? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Balan asked: | can i able to change the voting caption "VOTE" to custom caption? ...

Expose additional exchange user properties in GAL/Outlook
Hello, How do you expose additional properties in the user properties available from the GAL in Outlook? For example, in my user properties on Exchange (2k3) - General tab - I have a field called Web page, but this isn't available when viewing the same user via the GAL in Outlook. Is it possible to include the Web page field in the GAL/Outlook view and how would I accomplish this? Thanks. Hi Craig, You can modify the address book templates. There's a small article about that here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/44db5755-8c30-4a07-bcd...

Saving Attachments in Outlook Express
When saving the Attachments for e-mails in Outlook Express is there a way to "browse" or redirect the attachment to a specific directory. I want to be able to save all attachments in "My Documents" under a folder called "Tom's Attachments" Thanks for your help Tom - Toronto "Tom" <tomander@rogers.com> wrote in message news:259c701c460bf$e402b820$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When saving the Attachments for e-mails in Outlook > Express is there a way to "browse" or redirect the > attachment to a specific directory. > > I ...

Change item numbers
Hello, our company is in the process of acquiring other companies. We had items numbers that were specific to just our organization. We now want to change our item numbers so they are more generic and will work with any company we acquire in the future. We are on GP10. All our items are service items not actual inventory items but they are all listed in the Item Master and we use SOP transactions. We'd prefer not to discontinue an item and create new items. I'd like to get opinions as to updating the sql tables. I would think we'd have to update Item Master, SOP10200,...

Outlook 2002
We have a single user who is attaching multiple documents through DOCSOpen to an email message. If he saves this message so he can send it later, it will not send. He just hits the SEND button and nothing happens. According to him , this doesn't happen when he sends an email straight away. Only when it is saved. He has to restart his machine for the email to send. DOes anyone have any ideas? We are running XP with Office XP (2002-SP2) Thank you in advance ...

outlook 2000 #7
can anyone tell me how I extend the range of spam filters to block unwanted emails. I understand that there is a file called filters.txt but that seems just to be a statement of fact rather than a method of editing email content. any help wouold be appreciated (remove myknickers for email reply) thanks John ...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

Change workbook
I have a populated chart in one workbook. I want to make the same chart in another workbook (with different data but with same chart settings eg. line style). Is it possible to somehow copy the chart from one workbook to another and then just change the data series? I tried that but my chart now has ugly grey lines all over it (dont know what they mean but they are diagonal). Please need help! Thanks alot! You may have better results if you copy the entire sheet, including both chart and data, then replace the copied data with the data from the other sheet you want to plot. - Jon ----...

"how to change the administrator password"
Dear expert, how to change the administrator password in MS exchange server 2003, would you please send me the path of an article show me how to do this ?? thankx There is no such thing as an Exchange administrator password. There's the normal administrator account, but Exchange does not use that. There is no longer a service account as there was in Exchange 5.5, since Exchange 200x uses LocalSystem for service startup. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Akkad" <amr.akkad@gbrands.com> wrote in mess...

Copying SumIF formulas without changing the Sum Range
I am having trouble copying a SumIf formula without the Sum Range changing. Does anyone know how to do this? "Deborah" <galyong@sscserv.com> wrote in message news:0e3b01c38e66$27b27100$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am having trouble copying a SumIf formula without the > Sum Range changing. Does anyone know how to do this? Change the sum range references to absolute, such as A1 to $A$1. ...

Outlook 2003, IMAPS and passwords
I am using O2K3 to read my IMAPS (IMAP over SSL) mail. I have not saved my password, and I do not intend to. When I try to access my IMAP folders I have noticed that I am prompted for my password _twice_! What is the reason for this? I can enter my password twice, I can enter my password once and cancel number two or I can cancel number one and enter my password in number two. Either way, I get access to my mail. I find this a bit puzzling, though. Why does Outlook prompt me twice? And can I do something about it? ...

email link in signature font changes, why?
Hi folks, I have an email link in my Outlook 2003 signature created in frontpage. In frontpage the link is arial black, but when I send email it arrives as Times new roman black...any idea why? Thanks, Danny ...

Changing WordArt defaults
This problem is apparent to me when I use Publisher (2003 and 2007) but I suspect it is a generic problem with Word Art across the Office range. I use WordArt alot and I always use the same font (monotype Corsiva) but everytime I invoke Wordart it defaults to Times New Roman. Is there anywhere in the system that I can set a default value to my preferred font so that I don't have to search everytime I invoke Wordart? (I currently use both XP and Vista - Office 2003 and 2007) It depends on the style on what font is the default. In Publisher 2007, create a WordArt. Right-click, Add to cont...

Office 2000 and Outlook 2000
I had to reinstall Win98SE as my computer crashed and now need to access Outlook for my email. When I attempt to do so, I get a message that states that this application must be installed to run. The resolution is to run setup for office but if I do so I will lose my Outlook emails in my inbox and folders. Correct? What can I do to access Outlook and save my emails? Probably not correct -- many Outlook files remain after an uninstall or reinstall. However, it never hurts to have a good backup of your .PST file. Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of...

Changing default Page Size
I tried to print a report from CRM 3.0 but reliased that all reports are defaulted to 'Letter' page size. When I looked at the printer default size it is set at A4 but in the report the printing preference goes to 'Letter'. I also looked at the rdl file and it is in A4. Does anyone know how to change the page size to A4? Thanks -- dwoo ...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

Outlook 2000
I am using Outlook 2000. Is it possible to set up 2 separate contact files? One for Business use and the other for personal email. Thanks in advance for the help. Right click your COntacts Folder | new Folder | folder contains items of type - Contacts. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all Outlook 2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au "Bubey" <catlov@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%23DD5h2pSJHA.1908@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am usin...

How do I change the default paper size
How do you change the default paper size in publisher 2003 to A4 so it stays after the program is closed and then reopened again. In england, everyone uses A4 paper, so it is annoying to have to set the paper size to A4 every time I start publisher. Try this: Start Settings Printer Select your printer, Right click, Properties, Printer Preferences, select your paper size. This is using Windows XP. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Tommylommykins" <Tommylommykins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2501279A-4D4F-4AF5-96FF-F0E68DCC482C@microsoft.com... > How do yo...

Outlook Express Printing Disaster
Help, I have someone in the office currently using outlook express and no matter what I try I annot seem to set the margins to print - it doesn't give me margin or page set-up no matter which printer I print to from a mita to new HP to new Lexmark...All the other people using outlook can print to the same computers just fine...Any sugestions???? Bobbi Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert a...

Open and close an account record creates "changes"?
When I open and then close an Account record (in Web Client and Outlook Client of CRM) without changing anything, it still gives me the error "Are you sure you want to navigate from this page? Your changes have not been saved ... etc.." What can be the reason for this? We might have some workflows and/or coding on the Acount entity, but nothing unsupported or anything complicated..? Hi, Most probably you have some JScript on the form which is recalculating some field. If some field have value "100" and using some JScript, you remove that value and then reenter same v...

Changing the Exchange Alias
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to change a user's Exchange Alias. I've changed the username, exchange attributes, run the Recipient Update Service rebuild and update. When I address a message to the user, I right-click on the user's full name (in the To: field) and select properties. The Alias is still the old username. Any thoughts? Thanks! Jeff Did you change the alias name in ADUC? Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to figure out how to change a user's Exchange Alias. I've > changed the username, exchange attributes, run the...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...