global address missing when sending word document as email attachment

Hi All,

Im having trouble with my email, Im just wondering if you
guys could help me... I use Outlook 2000 as my email
browser. It started recently when you create a ms word
document and go to:

File -
send to
mail receipient or
mail receipient as an attachement
outlook does open ok
except when I select the TO button I do not get my global
address book (company address book), I get nothing.

Any help I would really appreciate
it. Thanks in advance...

..

0
byte55 (1)

What do you show when you press the TO: button?  Does the GAL appear in the
dropdown list at all? What does show there?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

brenda <byte55@yahoo.com> asked:

| Hi All,
|
| Im having trouble with my email, Im just wondering if you
| guys could help me... I use Outlook 2000 as my email
| browser. It started recently when you create a ms word
| document and go to:
|
| File -
| send to
| mail receipient or
| mail receipient as an attachement
| outlook does open ok
| except when I select the TO button I do not get my global
| address book (company address book), I get nothing.
|
| Any help I would really appreciate
| it. Thanks in advance...
|
| .

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Automatically send an email each day
I want to be able to send an email to a particular person (through exchange) every day @ 4pm. It's a "reminder email". Is there a way? Thanks in advance! ...

Word Document can only open half size
When I open a Word document, the window can only open half size. You can not maximum it or enlarge it by dragging the edge. You can not move the whole window either. Please let me know how to make the window full size again! Thanks!! Are you talking about the Window or the representation of the Document, For the latter, you use the Zoom function (In Word 2007, it is a slider at the right hand end of the Status Bar at the bottom of the screen. If it does not appear there, right click on the Status Bar and check the Zoom box. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsg...

Still can't find this damn email address...
Still cannot find this elusive email address. I've tried all 3 methods at http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html but it just returns 0 matches. The email address is stillbouncing though as well. Jamie "Jamie Dawes" <jamie_d808@hotmail.com> wrote in message > Hi, > > When I try to add abc@mydomain.com as an email address for an AD User > Account I get the error 'This e-mail address already exists in this > organization' so I then try to send an email to abc@mydomain.com and it > bounces with the following message: >...

can't send emails
Hi there! I've looked to all posts here and didn't find an answer to my problem. I've got following error while trying to send an email from CRM Web - Client: Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: An unexpected error occurred. Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : A SOAP error occurred: '80040154Class not registered ' Error Number: 0x80040216 Source File: D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h Line Number: 47 Date: 10-21-2005 Time: 15:54:38 Type: Platform Error (2) Server: crm Query String: /Activities/Email/ed...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Mac Word 2008
I've used Word since version one for DOS and was an alpha tester for the first Word for Windows, so I'm not a total dunce. But for the life of me, I cannot figure how to place in the footer "Page X of Y (total pages)". For at least the last 10 years, plus in Mac Word 2004, I could open the footer and insert this feature easily. I've looked everywhere I can think of for information on how to do this in Mac Word 2008 to no blessed avail!! Why trying to do something that was so easy in previous versions of Word can possibly be viewed as an "enhancement&...

HTML edit for email template in Outlook 2003
If I'm editing new mail, I can set MS Word as editor and use script editor to access the HTML source. Now I'm creating a template for the autoreply, and it doesn't offer a choice to switch to MS Word. What should I do to edit the mail template content then? -- If you want to mail to me, please replace all instance of "e" to "a" in my email address. Thank you. Sorry for any inconvience caused, but there's many spam-mailers. ...

Public Folders and Display of Mail Addresses
Hi, Ex 2003 SP1. I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts. I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external contacts are displayed. I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF. Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the organisation having to configure...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

importing text from word into pub
when i try importing a text doc. from word into publisher-----an error message comes up -- not enough memory, close all programs----i have no other programs open -----------how do i fix this, or is my copy of pub faulty ta You fix it by giving us some information like what version of Windows, Word and Publisher are you using!!! More than likely you have that junk garbage trash Norton programs installed. UN-install/RE-move the junk garbage trash rubbish Norton programs, re-boot and your problems will be over. Get a quality decent AV program like www.grisoft.com -- "If you don'...

e-mail backspace deleting in body instead of in address field
Hi! A quick search for this subject showed me some questions on a similar problem, but no answers... Outlook 2003: When I compose an e-mail and type the address and want to delete it by using backspace or delete, only the text in the body is deleted. The cursor is in the address field, blinking, but when I hit backspace, a cursor appears in the body which is not blinking. This problem came when installing "SDK International, Trados 2006" translating software. This software adds a toolbar in Word and uses s.th. called "TW4Win". It is possible, though, to delete the field...

sending mail to a group
Hello, how do I send mail to a certain group in my address book without having to add every email address individually? Thanks, AJS Post your Outlook version. State what you mean by a "group in my address book." That term has no meaning. Outlook does not use groups in the address book. It can, however, use a Distribution List in your Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:ezUhgHXoHHA.1776@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, how do I send mail to a certain group in my address book without > having to...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

Can't use Word as editor
Recently (and I'm not sure why), the spell check feature in Outlook 2002 has stopped working properly. While it once corrected mistakes as I went, now it does not. I went to Tools | Options | Mail Format, but the boxes for using Microsoft Word to edit or read e-mail messages are dimmed and I cannot select them. Any ideas? Thanks. Forrest P.S. Any thoughts as to why the spell checker (back when it did work) always checked the original message in my reply, even though I made certain that the option to "ignore the original message" IS checked? "Forrest" <a...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

Exchange 5.5 attachments removed when email sent to external D/L w
Hi, we are using Exchange 5.5 SP4. One of our users (user a) sends an email with a 94K Word attachment to an external address on a different companies exchange system. The email address is actually a distribution list inside this other companies system. One of the members of the address list is a user inside our company (user b). The message is then routed back through the internet to our mail server and then delivered to user b - minus the attachment. I can see in message tracking that the attachment is present at "SMTP Inbound Received" as the email is 94K in size. T...

Global Footer Options?
Hi there: Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAY create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E. know there is the solution to create the pathname in eac footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global defaul for any worksheet I work on. Hope springs eternal : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can create a new template (*.xlt) file including this option. Place this in your template folder and choose this template for your new workbooks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there: > D...

Read Receipt won't send
When I get email that has requested a read receipt (from outlook) the read request goes to the Outbox and does not get sent. In fact it won't send. My tracking options are set for "always send a receipt" What's up? ...

Word 2007 doesn't catch all misspelled words 12-23-09
I posted this earlier today, but it doesn't seem to have gone through. My apologies if it did. Word 2007 document, saved as Word 97-2003 doc, also saved as Word doc. In either case, it does not pick up the word "collogues" as a misspelled word. I have done all of the suggested fixes and checks: hidden text, set language, do not check, etc. None of them make any difference. I added the "word" collogue as something to autocorrect--that doesn't help either. I have had the same thing happen with other docs--Word will pick up most but not all misspelle...

Why do eMails contain "=20" and "=C3=A4" char codes ?
Occasionally (but not always) I am getting eMails which contain a lot of characters codes beginning with an "=" in the text body e.g. "=20" and "=C3=A4". What is the reason ? Is this an error of the sending or an error of the receiving eMail client ? Is this an error in the Win System or a matter of the eMail client? Sometimes CSS statements (beginning with <STYLE>) are visible as well. Is the reason for that the same as for the char miscoding ? Sven ...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

"Send To" missing
I use Excel 2003 on Vista Home basic. Frequently I send the file by email using "File, Send To..". Things were going well, until suddenly since yesterday, the "Send To" option is missing from the File dropdown box. What made it dissapear? how can i get it back? Hi Hitesh See http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Hitesh" <Hitesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0AAC7D2-6759-49A0-A0A3-103F3566CB18@microsoft.com... >I use Excel 2003 on Vista Home basic. > > Freq...

How to leak our internal address
Is there any good way to leak the email address so that it can be used as a tr@p address. Thanks and regards, SL email: samuel@sted.minidns.net Not sure, but out of curiosity, why would you want to do that? Michael Fung wrote: > Is there any good way to leak the email address so that it can be used > as a tr@p address. > > Thanks and regards, > SL > > email: samuel@sted.minidns.net In news:%236wf4I67DHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> typed: > Not sure, but out of curiosity, wh...

New Address
Finally, my new E-mail address is mwhart@vermontel.net .... and you post it to a newsgroup!!! Just how much spam do you want??? "Melanie" <mwhart@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:ORBxe1T9HHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Finally, my new E-mail address is mwhart@vermontel.net "Melanie" <mwhart@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:ORBxe1T9HHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Finally, my new E-mail address is mwhart@vermontel.net It's not a good idea for anyone (but especially females) to post an email address in a public newsgroup. Also,...