Global address lists

Is it possible to download a Global address list to a file and subsequently
import to an outlook address book or personal address bok on a system that
is not on an MS exchange server?

0
johngward (8)

Displaying data based on Drop Down List Selection
Hello, hope someone can help. I have a list of records in Excel which are attributed to teams in my organisation. Say its a list of staff. What I need is to be able to send the file out so that a user can select from a drop down menu the team name and the list displays all the staff in that team. I know that they could just use a filter for this themselves but these these users are not even comfortable doing that!! I need to make is simple so wanted a big obvious drop down list with the teams in, they select it and see all the relevant records. Has anybody got any ideas? Would be ver...

Still can't find this damn email address...
Still cannot find this elusive email address. I've tried all 3 methods at http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html but it just returns 0 matches. The email address is stillbouncing though as well. Jamie "Jamie Dawes" <jamie_d808@hotmail.com> wrote in message > Hi, > > When I try to add abc@mydomain.com as an email address for an AD User > Account I get the error 'This e-mail address already exists in this > organization' so I then try to send an email to abc@mydomain.com and it > bounces with the following message: >...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Public Folders and Display of Mail Addresses
Hi, Ex 2003 SP1. I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts. I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external contacts are displayed. I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF. Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the organisation having to configure...

Account List Displays Incorrect Balance
2 of my accounts display the wrong balance in the Account List View, in the registers for these accounts, it shows the correct balance, also in cashflow, however on the Account List Page it does not. (It is not showing the current or ending balance, and its not even close). For a credit card that should have about $2000 in debt shows as a positive $20,000 and a checking account that should be over $10000 it shows as -$13,000.... I thought it might have to do with future posted transacations so I waited until today as now all the transactions in one of the accounts are not current.....

How can I print a list of birthdays from my Outlook Contacts?
I am trying to print a list of all the birthdays I have noted in my Contacts .... can this be done? Mail merge to a directory provides the most ways to customize printing of Outlook data. -- Russ Valentine "LXD" <LXD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF91C4C1-0DBA-4C09-9579-7DB6064DAE04@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a list of all the birthdays I have noted in my >Contacts > ... can this be done? ...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

e-mail backspace deleting in body instead of in address field
Hi! A quick search for this subject showed me some questions on a similar problem, but no answers... Outlook 2003: When I compose an e-mail and type the address and want to delete it by using backspace or delete, only the text in the body is deleted. The cursor is in the address field, blinking, but when I hit backspace, a cursor appears in the body which is not blinking. This problem came when installing "SDK International, Trados 2006" translating software. This software adds a toolbar in Word and uses s.th. called "TW4Win". It is possible, though, to delete the field...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

Global Footer Options?
Hi there: Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAY create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E. know there is the solution to create the pathname in eac footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global defaul for any worksheet I work on. Hope springs eternal : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can create a new template (*.xlt) file including this option. Place this in your template folder and choose this template for your new workbooks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there: > D...

Macro Help
I have a Master List of contacts in 1 workbook that needs to be updated on a weekday, daily basis from another workbook containing worksheets for each day of the month. The daily worksheet and the Master List are identical: A B C D E F G H I J K Status Co # Street City St Zip Source Product Result Next Contact Date I want to update A & K on the Master List automatically when data is changed in the daily worksheets. Is there a way to do this automatically using a macro? Using the W...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

Creating a bigger list in Data Validation
Hi all, Is Data Validation limited in terms of the items you can create for the drop down list. I am creating a shopping list and would like to enter in all my grocerie items, but there are too many. Any work around solutions? Hi Shezageek, By default the length is limited to 8 items. See Debra Dalgleish's workaround suggestion at http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font --- Regards, Norman "shezageek" <notavailable@domain.com> wrote in message news:%23XtmRRS%23EHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Is Data Validation limited in terms...

CRM v4
I have a marketing list that contains more than one person from a company (for some companies). I want to be able to remove the duplicates based on title. Example: I want to be able to filter the list so if there is a CIO, CFO and CEO I want the CIO and remove the CFO and CEO. If no CIO then keep the CFO and remove the CEO. If no CIO or CFO then keep the CEO. The key is I want the list to have one person per company but not exclude any companies. I am pulling the list from Leads. Does anyone know if this is possible in CRM? Thanks, ~Doug ...

How to leak our internal address
Is there any good way to leak the email address so that it can be used as a tr@p address. Thanks and regards, SL email: samuel@sted.minidns.net Not sure, but out of curiosity, why would you want to do that? Michael Fung wrote: > Is there any good way to leak the email address so that it can be used > as a tr@p address. > > Thanks and regards, > SL > > email: samuel@sted.minidns.net In news:%236wf4I67DHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> typed: > Not sure, but out of curiosity, wh...

New Address
Finally, my new E-mail address is mwhart@vermontel.net .... and you post it to a newsgroup!!! Just how much spam do you want??? "Melanie" <mwhart@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:ORBxe1T9HHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Finally, my new E-mail address is mwhart@vermontel.net "Melanie" <mwhart@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:ORBxe1T9HHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Finally, my new E-mail address is mwhart@vermontel.net It's not a good idea for anyone (but especially females) to post an email address in a public newsgroup. Also,...

Extract Email Address from mail queue
Hi Recently I have performed a mass email (about 500) that accidentally jam the outgoing service. To recover the outgoing service, I have to freeze the SMTP mail queue. But now I need to know which are the email addresses that are successfully sent or not send. Thus I would like to know how can I extract this email addresses from the exchange server. By the way I am using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. Appreciate if anybody can share their experience. Thanks. Not sure how 500 messages would "jam" the outgoing queue unless they had an attachment. 500 messages is a cakewal...

Logical naming policy for distribution lists in the GAL?
Hello, We're migrating about 50 public distribution-lists from another mail- system to Exchange and need to make them (1) easy to find and (2) obvious that they are lists. The number could increase to several hundred in future. We are considering prefixing the lists with "DL" to group them all together, or removing them from the GAL by and putting them in a new, dedicated custom section. Can anyone offer some practical advice or suggestions based on their experience? Thanks, - Alan. On 10 Apr 2007 02:54:15 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello,...

Global Function
I'm using the following code to set the Datasheet Font on a Split Form using AC 2007. Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Sub I would like to use a global function so I might call the same function from all my forms, but I haven't had much luck. I tried the following: Public Function SetDataSheetFont() Dim frm As Form Set frm = Screen.ActiveForm frm.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Function I get no errors but nothing happens when calling this in the OnOpen of a form. Any help will be appreciated, Ja...

Price List vs. List Price
I am using the Price List utility to update our prices in Great Plains. However, when I look at the card "Price List" (Cards->Inventory->Price List) - the "List Price" at the bottom of the card does not update. Can anybody tell me how to update the "List Price"? I have tried to find where this is maintained - but I cannot drill down to the actual data. I have signed in as SA and have the same issue - so I'm fairly certain it isn't a security issue. Thanks. List Prices are now maintained at the Item Currency level (Cards > Inventory >...

Report
Does anyone know if a report exists that would list ILCs with their respective jpgs? Any help would be greatly apprecisted Dave Hi Dave - What is your Email? Is this for HQ or SO? I just wrote one for HQ, but did not test in SO yet. -- Jocelyn "DAS" wrote: > Does anyone know if a report exists that would list ILCs with their > respective jpgs? > > Any help would be greatly apprecisted > > Dave Just tested and it is valid in both SO and HQ. -- Jocelyn "DAS" wrote: > Does anyone know if a report exists that would list ILCs with their &g...

When opening Excel file box does not open at biginning of list
When I do hit file open the box opens in the middle of the list. I would like to open at the beginning of the list. After opening the list, press the 'home' key, which should take you t the top of the list Regards Mik -- Mikeopol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mikeopolo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1857 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39497 ...

global object dependent on CWinApp global object
hi I have a global object which depends on the CWinApp global object i.e. it assumes that the CWinApp global object is created. After migrating to VS 2005, my global object is getting created before the CWinApp global object. Is there any way I can force the CWinApp object to be created first? I know one of the solution is to avoid a global object and wrap it in a fuction, however a lot of files use this object directly, so I am trying to figure out if there is another way. Regards Chimanrao Chimanrao wrote: > hi > > I have a global object which depends on the CWinApp global...

Enabling Relaying for specific email addresses
I need to be able to allow relaying for a specific user (ie. <user>@hotmail.com. I am running Exchange 2003. What is the best way to do this, while still being able to receive email from the Internet? "Larry D" <LarryD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to be able to allow relaying for a specific user (ie. ><user>@hotmail.com. I am running Exchange 2003. What is the best way to do >this, while still being able to receive email from the Internet? Allow relaying for authenticated users. Make sure you enforce a strong password policy (with a pass...