Global Address List disappear in Outlook 2003 #2

Dear all,

We had just upgraded our clients' PC to Outlook 2003, in
conjunction with Exchange 5.5. From time to time, when the
user click on the Address Book icon inside Outlook, the
Global Address list that reside on the right pulldown menu
disappear. Restarting Outlook can solve the problem. What
causes this behaviour?

Regards,
Michael
0
anonymous (74718)

Displaying data based on Drop Down List Selection
Hello, hope someone can help. I have a list of records in Excel which are attributed to teams in my organisation. Say its a list of staff. What I need is to be able to send the file out so that a user can select from a drop down menu the team name and the list displays all the staff in that team. I know that they could just use a filter for this themselves but these these users are not even comfortable doing that!! I need to make is simple so wanted a big obvious drop down list with the teams in, they select it and see all the relevant records. Has anybody got any ideas? Would be ver...

New exchange 2003 installation
I'm trying to bring up a new Exchange 2003 server, the first Exchange server we've had at this company, running under Windows 2003 Server. We have a domain, and the domain controller is a Windows 2000 Server, with a Windows NT machine as the secondary DC. I was able to get a test server up and running under VMware, but things aren't going as well under the new production machine. I can do the Exchange Tasks for a given user under AD, but no matter what I do, the user doesn't show up in All Users in the System Manager console. Am I missing something? Thanks! --Steve Pfister /...

maintaining links between files when converting from 2003 to 2007
Is there a way to maintain links between files when converting the file type from 2003 to 2007? It is impossible to have all workbooks open at the same time and do "save as". ...

fatal error in outlook
Since this netsky virus has been rearing its ugly head, my outlook express won't stay open. After a minute or so i receive a window which says that 'microsoft has encountered a problem and has to close now'. Also i receive a fatal error at times. My computer is virus free and yet i think i may still have a virus. Can anybody help?? Thank you, Christine This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexp...

licensing question #2
in crm 4.0 enterprise edition, we can install other services/roles in separate servers for scalability. how does licensing works on this scenario? another question, if i have multiple web server that hosts CRM, does it requires separate license? ...

Outlook 2k Crash
Which files do I need to copy from my crashed HD to my new HD in order to restore my In/Outbox, Calendar, and Contacts? You are SOL buddy. I think there are some libraries or somthing. But to recover will mess everything up... >-----Original Message----- >Which files do I need to copy from my crashed HD to my new >HD in order to restore my In/Outbox, Calendar, and >Contacts? >. > How was your Outlook configured? To an exchange server? >-----Original Message----- >Which files do I need to copy from my crashed HD to my new >HD in order to restore my ...

microsoft outlook and outlook express no longer work with free hotmail accounts
I've seen many requests for help about this. People are not able to access their hotmail accounts with outlook or outlook express. I've been working on this for about an hour this morning; my problem was with Outlook 2002. It had worked with hotmail until about a week or two ago. Basically, you have to upgrade to a pay account to continue this functionality. See here. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];878462 This is the error that I was getting: Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF6) : 'An unknown error ...

Still can't find this damn email address...
Still cannot find this elusive email address. I've tried all 3 methods at http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html but it just returns 0 matches. The email address is stillbouncing though as well. Jamie "Jamie Dawes" <jamie_d808@hotmail.com> wrote in message > Hi, > > When I try to add abc@mydomain.com as an email address for an AD User > Account I get the error 'This e-mail address already exists in this > organization' so I then try to send an email to abc@mydomain.com and it > bounces with the following message: >...

outlook 2000 #7
can anyone tell me how I extend the range of spam filters to block unwanted emails. I understand that there is a file called filters.txt but that seems just to be a statement of fact rather than a method of editing email content. any help wouold be appreciated (remove myknickers for email reply) thanks John ...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Public Folders and Display of Mail Addresses
Hi, Ex 2003 SP1. I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts. I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external contacts are displayed. I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF. Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the organisation having to configure...

HTML edit for email template in Outlook 2003
If I'm editing new mail, I can set MS Word as editor and use script editor to access the HTML source. Now I'm creating a template for the autoreply, and it doesn't offer a choice to switch to MS Word. What should I do to edit the mail template content then? -- If you want to mail to me, please replace all instance of "e" to "a" in my email address. Thank you. Sorry for any inconvience caused, but there's many spam-mailers. ...

Account List Displays Incorrect Balance
2 of my accounts display the wrong balance in the Account List View, in the registers for these accounts, it shows the correct balance, also in cashflow, however on the Account List Page it does not. (It is not showing the current or ending balance, and its not even close). For a credit card that should have about $2000 in debt shows as a positive $20,000 and a checking account that should be over $10000 it shows as -$13,000.... I thought it might have to do with future posted transacations so I waited until today as now all the transactions in one of the accounts are not current.....

outlook and word hang when creating a new message
Hello, The few tech notes I have found regarding this simply indicate that it is a known bug. I am wondering if anyone has come across a fix for this. Using Office XP Pro on a Windows 2000 Pro system, if Word and Outlook are open and new message is selected, both applications hang and have to be stopped through task manager. It occurs 3 to 4 times a day, not all the time. No resource messages appear and there is nothing in the event logs. Thanks for any help, Daniel When you say create a "New Message" how are you creating this? (In Outlook with the NEW MESSAGE or in Word ...

How can I print a list of birthdays from my Outlook Contacts?
I am trying to print a list of all the birthdays I have noted in my Contacts .... can this be done? Mail merge to a directory provides the most ways to customize printing of Outlook data. -- Russ Valentine "LXD" <LXD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF91C4C1-0DBA-4C09-9579-7DB6064DAE04@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a list of all the birthdays I have noted in my >Contacts > ... can this be done? ...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

Outlook 2003
Is there any way of displaying what day of the week you are looking at when opening up a calendar entry? I'm sure you could do this at one time - on earlier version? Maybe not? Chris ChrisB wrote: > Is there any way of displaying what day of the week you are looking at when > opening up a calendar entry? I'm sure you could do this at one time - on > earlier version? Maybe not? > > Chris > > It tells you in the "Start" field what the day is. ChrisB <chris@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote: > Is there any way of displaying what day of the week you ...

2007 v. 2003
I have this database made in Access 2003. It contains some subforms on a mainform. Works ok in Access 2003, opening instantly. BUT opening this database in Access 2007 Access 2007 is calculating fields for a long time (some 15 seconds) eventually showing everything ok. Why is this happening? Tried converting the database to Access 2007 format but same problem. Tried creating a2007 and importing the objects from 2003. But still it's "Calculating . . . " for a looong time upon startup. It's calculating subforms value's. These subforms, opened exclusively for themselves, c...

e-mail backspace deleting in body instead of in address field
Hi! A quick search for this subject showed me some questions on a similar problem, but no answers... Outlook 2003: When I compose an e-mail and type the address and want to delete it by using backspace or delete, only the text in the body is deleted. The cursor is in the address field, blinking, but when I hit backspace, a cursor appears in the body which is not blinking. This problem came when installing "SDK International, Trados 2006" translating software. This software adds a toolbar in Word and uses s.th. called "TW4Win". It is possible, though, to delete the field...

RE: Excel data exported to custom Outlook form
Greetings earthlings, I have an issue that I have been trying to resolve for sometime, I think I will provide the scenario and hope someone has an answer. Here it is. - I have Excel workbook called "users.xls" - I have a worksheet called "location" - I have a cell B10 in the worksheet who's contents I want to be exported to a textbox called "state" in a custom Outlook form called "RFCO" that resides in the personal forms library in Outlook. (this custom form is from an email template) - I then want to be able to email the form. How do I c...

Moving from Outlook (not Express) to WLM
Is there any way to move our old Outlook saved emails to WLM - other than individually selecting each email and hitting forward . . . (and turning off check for new messages) Moved from Win XP with Outlook 2003 to Win 7 with Windows Live Mail. The Windows Live Mail (WLM) program cannot import a PST file from the Office Outlook program. You have several choices. All of them require that you have a working version of Outlook and that the desired PST file is active in Outlook. 1) If you have Windows XP, you can import from Outlook into Outlook Express (OE) and then import...

Want to Update the Outlook Calender on another machine. #2
Hi, Can anyone help me.I want to update my co-worker Outlook Calender without sharing the NetFolder.Here is the scenario.I have an issue where I have to update the Outlook Calender on another machine all are in LAN connections only.Each User has his own ID with respect to his ID I want to update the Outlook Calender.Can anyone help me please with regards to this.Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sameer ...

modifying field values in an Access 2003 query
Someone please help. Is there a SQL or Visual Basic statement that can be used to set/change the values in a field in an Access 2003 query to a default value? I'm more familiar with the concept of a table's field (or a control on a form) having a "default" value. How is it that you expect a query's field to have a default value? What are the circumstances? If, for example, you want to display something like "n/a" when an underlying field in a table contains a Null, you could use something like: YourQueryField: IIF(IsNull([YourUnderlyingField]),...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...