Ghosting Accounts

ex.I have an sbcglobal account and subaccounts.if I set up
outlook to retriev username@companyname.net instead of
username@sbcglobal.net ican send but not
receive.detination show from username@companyname.net if
they repliey to it i can get...but if compose and type
username@companyname.net it goes to the
companyname@sbcglobal.net which is the primary account at
internet provider.so how I set up to retreve e mails sent
to subaccount? is it outlook settings or internet provider
settings? or maybe this will help....I was told to Ghost
the account!?!?! Thank you!!!

I understand you have a normal email address but a series of alias addresses
tied to that account.  I have the same thing.  Or at least, that's what you
want to have.  It must be done by the ISP.  They need to associate the alias
email addresses with the primary email address on their email server.  You
need to set up Outlook's account to send as whoever you want to be when
sending email.

Some ISP's offer this service free if they're hosting your website.  Some
charge for it.  I've seen installation fees as high as $300 just to get it
set up (but mine, Verizon, does it for free since they're hosting my
website).

"Juan Carlos" <juancarlosjcn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ex.I have an sbcglobal account and subaccounts.if I set up
> outlook to retriev username@companyname.net instead of
> username@sbcglobal.net ican send but not
> receive.detination show from username@companyname.net if
> they repliey to it i can get...but if compose and type
> username@companyname.net it goes to the
> companyname@sbcglobal.net which is the primary account at
> internet provider.so how I set up to retreve e mails sent
> to subaccount? is it outlook settings or internet provider
> settings? or maybe this will help....I was told to Ghost
> the account!?!?! Thank you!!!

0
lorien (93)

Associate An Account
After balancing a credit card account and clicking on next, I get a dialogue box that states 'Balanced' and gives me a choise to 'Pay Bill Now.' After selecting 'Pay Bill Now', the software requests an account selected. My question is, is there a way to associate an account from which the funds should come for each credit card and only change it on an exception basis? I use Windows XP and Money 2004. Thank you. ...

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

how to totalize only column value from certain accounting -> Currency format
For a sheet with invoices I need to totalize column values from a different currency (cell format Accounting). How to perform? All cells can have any currency USD or EUR. Column A Column B: USD 5,000.00 EUR 3,765,00 USD 100.00 Total USD 5,100.00 Total EUR 3,765.00 Thank you, Bart Excel 2003 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A3="USD"),(B1:B3)) similar for euros -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007c "AA Arens" wrote: > For a sheet with invoices I need to totalize column values from a > different currency (cell...

Project Accounting & GL
We are a municipal government just finishing implementation of GP 7.5 including project accounting. We initially set up PA so that each project was tied to a unique GL number by equating the Contract ID to the GL #. This works for the accounting folks but is not particularly useful for the operations folks. We are debating whether to change PA to reflect a more typical business format (customer, contract, project) or continue with the current configuration (Fund #, GL #, project). How are other governmental entities using PA? Bob I would strongly recommend that you start over. The ...

account limit notification
Hello I need help creating a script so that the administrator would receive a copy of the messaje that exchange sends the user when he is nearing or over his quota. Since Exchange doesnt have this option someone at Microsoft suggested doing a script would do the trick but I dunno where to start or even if the script allready exists. It all started when we took over the support for a group of goverment dependencies that were being supported by a company that no longuer exists and thet did this for this clients. Now they have migrated to new servers (But still under exchange 2000) and th...

Account Roll Up window
Enquiry > Financial > Account Roll Up. When I try to define the option where I would like to see different currencies that are being used on that company. Most of them work fine, its only when I try to see what the functional currency as being the source currency that it would not pull up any results on that column, Any ideas ? Any idea's people???? "Zille Hassan ( Support Consultant)." wrote: > Enquiry > Financial > Account Roll Up. > > When I try to define the option where I would like to see different > currencies that are being used on that c...

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

how do i configure outlook to use my aol email account
jonbon wrote: <nothing> PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm the answer: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm which Google would have told you with 6.5 million hits in 0.43 secs. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm#aol -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-t...

Multiple Accounts in MS Office
MS Office Student and teacher comes with 3 licenses. We have two users on one iMAC. Office was installed in one of them and shows up on the dock. In the other you have to go to the finder. All of the default information (name, email address etc.) that is entered during the install shows up in both iMac accounts. Is there a way to have the information default the the particular user or do I have to install Office twice (or at least use up two licenses) on the same computer in order to make that happen. Thanks You *don't* need to use another license for the same computer, nor to re-instal...

%s in Accounting Format
I am using Excel 2007. I want to have a column that lists percentages - but to still be able to use the accounting single underline correctly. When I manipulate the accounting format to _(*#,##0.00%_) the underlining is not correct. If I use the accounting format I cannot get "%" signs. Thanks. Does this work? _(* 0.00%_);_(* (0.00%) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jadeB" <jbschipper@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a9dfe12b-3c2f-4302-ba49-2c2dd39240c2@33g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I am using Excel 2007. > > I want to have a column that lists percen...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

Outlook 2002--How do I change account which email account is active?
I have a problem with a Outlook 2002 that makes me think the active account is corrupt. Each time I try to log onto ISP to get email, Outlook prompts me for the password. I have set the password through Windows software and when I log on thru Outlook, I keep checking the box to "remember password" but it doesn't. Now I'm getting connection errors that are not consistent and if I ignore them, I can still log on. This all makes me think maybe the account I'm using has become corrupt. How can I copy my User Files and then create a new account so I can delete the present acco...

Account Statment Questions
Ok I have a couple of questions. I am trying to edit our companys Account Statement to be a printout of Account number, Current Balance in activity, as well as have a running balance in the account activity. We use our accounts as a Debit system and all of the accounts are prepaid instead of using it as a Credit System. I have been removing some of the information which does not pertain to our setup such as due date, ammount due etc. What I need to figure out is how to pull the customers current balance in their activity as this is the amount of credit they have available to use on the...

List of contacts/accounts with danish letters
We're running an english version of CRM on a danish office. While we are viewing contacts and accounts, we can see the letter a-z in the bottom of the page. In Denmark, there are 3 add. letters; æ, ø and å. Is there a way to custumize the views, so these extra 3 letters can be viewed and the contacts/accounts associated with these letter can be listed? It appears that these contact are not printed out on paper, when a user print out lists. Ivan Hi Ivan, You cannot customize the alphabet bar on the bottom of the screen. You could switch to the danish version, which I...

Inactivate Accounts
I want to inactivate a couple of hundred of accounts that we don’t use any more due to some branch closures. Our account string consists of 4 segments and the second segment denotes the branch. Unfortunately you can not do this via Mass Modify since you can not use wildcards for the main accounts segment (first segment). I know you can only inactivate an account if it has a zero current balance. It will take me hours to open each account in Account Maintenance and inactivate them one by one. What I was thinking of doing is run a trial balance for each branch to make sure there are n...

Project Accounting Forecast by month?
Does GP's PA module allow for forecasts by month? If so, is there a report that exists to show? If not, what is the table (s) this infomation resides in? Thanks! ...

Account Limit Notification to administrator and user #3
I can configure the exchange server so that when a user account is nearing its quota limit an email is sent notifying the user. I need to have the same message go to the administratrator as well. Anybody knows how to do this????? ...

Account Record Changing?
We have a Customer Maintenance question that we cannot figure out, hoping for insight from more experienced users. Sometimes the Bill To and Ship To defaults in the Customer Record change to the last one used on an order, and we can't figure out how. The only party that really uses that record is Accounting, and they claim ignorance. Does anyone know how those might change from another entry or posting transaction? ...

Color coding incoming email by account
It seems to me I used to be able to do this. I would like for incoming email from one account to be one color (red), while incoming email from another account is another color (blue). I can't seem to find this in any of the menus. ...

Ghost typing
Windows XP running on an older Dell PC. Oddly, about the time Windows 7 was released (and corresponding with some Automatic Windows XP Updates) my computer started a frustrating behavior. When trying to type characters in the USER password screen, IE address bar, notepad, Word or any other character input field...I am able to type one or two letters then the machine self types WWWWWWWWWWWW endlessly. The W is disabled on the keyboard. The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse. I also have a WACOM Intuous 3 graphics tablet that has worked fl...

Contact and Account Relationship
I have Account1 with primary contact as Contact1. Account2 with primary contact as Contact1. When I do an an advanced find for accounts with primary contact as Contact1, it shows me Account1 Account2 1. Now, one contact is linked to multiple accounts. I am confused here, I thought contact can have only one account. Can someone clarify this ? What I want to do is, create a side tab Accounts on contact form which when clicked will show all the accounts linked to that contact. 2. How do you create a side tab ? 3. How do you create a new form linked to side tab and associate a query to it ? I...

Mixing Local And External mail Accounts on same domain name
Please can any one help. Our local mail accounts are blah@ourdomain.co.uk. These are picked up from our ISP using the POP3 account ourdomain.co.uk, however we have some external mailboxes at our ISP for external users mailbox1-20@ourdomain.co.uk. How do I get exchange to send to the external mailboxes. Currently, the system thinks that the external mailboxes1-20 are local and do not exist. It sends me an error message back. I have a SMTP Connector with a smart host specified but it only seems to relay messages with domains the system knows are not local. Thanks for any resonses in advance,...

Multiple accounts in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am a new Mac / Entourage user. I want to set up multiple email accounts in my name, my wife's name and my children's names so the family can all use Entourage. Is this possible? I seem to be able set up multiple email addresses but all the mail comes to my account name only.... On 2010-04-14 12:13:45 -0400, spoons@officeformac.com said: > : pop I am a new Mac / Entourage user. I want to set up multiple email > accounts in my name, my wife's name and my children's...

Office Accounting
Has anyone here looked at Microsoft Office Accounting Express? I've considered using past versions, but I've always stopped when it failed to import my Money file. Microsoft support says there's a known bug with certain types of Money files. Perhaps Office Accounting is where Microsoft intends to move existing Money users. -- Steve Bell New Life Home Improvement Arlington, TX USA ...

Download account info inaccessible
Recently, in Money 2006 Deluxe, two of my accounts stopped properly imported download account information. Everything seems to work fine, and the Account List shows the "Transaction to read: 9" message for them, but when I view the account, they do not appear, preventing me from going through the "Accept, Change, etc." steps. Those transactions are basically queued up for review by me, but theres nothing I can do to access them. I have attempted: a) deleting the downloaded statement and redownloading b) repairing the money file (quick repair) Any ideas? This fu...