Ghosted attachments with Windows 98

How do I change settings to be able to open attachments.
The attachments appear to be ghosted.
0
cap10jim (1)

Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message.

It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either
by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security,
but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the
extra click.

For more information, see  http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"Jim Harris" <cap10jim@highstream.net> wrote in message
> How do I change settings to be able to open attachments.
> The attachments appear to be ghosted.

0
dianenws (1904)

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

Icon on the task bar but not on the window?
I tried this with 2 plain MFC wizard apps 1. MDI application -- the icon is displayed on the task bar and on the top left corner of the main Window 2. SDI application -- the icon is displayed on the task bar but not on the top left corner of the Window I am trying to change that icon of the SDI app -- but to no avail. Any help....please... Thanks, Brenda Hi, To change the icon, put the couple of lines into CMainFrame::OnCreate: HICON hIcon = AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_YOURICON); SetIcon(hIcon, 0); -- ====== Arman "Brenda Black" wrote: > I tried this with 2 plai...

Is there a Holiday Update for Outlook 2003 using Windows 7?
The holiday update that I'm trying to install won't install, because it says it did not find the expected program. I'm pretty sure this is because I'm using Windows 7. Is there a Holiday Update for Outlook 2003 using Windows 7? Did you try this: http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20071008.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, CMuscatella03 asked: | The holi...

Attach to ACT contact(s) ? on opening of Outlook
I get the following error when I start Outlook, How can I get rid of it? I have opened ACT(contact manager)and it still appears. Error is: You must run ACT at least once before you can use this feature. Version is 2002 with sp-2 Thanks Bill ...

opening attachments #8
I can read emails but when I click on the paperclip for attachments the attachment drop down opens but the attachments are not in bold print available for opening. ...

Account Roll Up window
Enquiry > Financial > Account Roll Up. When I try to define the option where I would like to see different currencies that are being used on that company. Most of them work fine, its only when I try to see what the functional currency as being the source currency that it would not pull up any results on that column, Any ideas ? Any idea's people???? "Zille Hassan ( Support Consultant)." wrote: > Enquiry > Financial > Account Roll Up. > > When I try to define the option where I would like to see different > currencies that are being used on that c...

detecting mouse move out of window?
Hello, I need to detect when the mouse leaves or enters the area of a child window. Is there a message that gets sent to the window (or its parent) to inform of such an event? If not, how could I implement this? Thanks, Silvio Take a look at WM_MOUSELEAVE. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Silvio Lopes de Oliveira" <silviol@aaesys.com> wrote in message news:c5hu10$d6v@dispatch.concentric.net... > Hello, > > I need to detect when the mouse leaves or enters the area of a child window. > Is there a message that gets sent to the window (or its par...

Outlook attachments
When I try to open an attached file on a received email, I get an error message, Access Denied. Why does this happen and how do I correct this problem? What version of Outlook are you using? What kind of attachment is it? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "3dbman" <3dbman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D2DF6DF-EE54-4708-AAC3-821078577730@microsoft.com......

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

Cannot "Attach" Attachments
I get an Out of memory, low on resources error when I try to attach an attachment in Outlook. Plenty of memory and resourses open. Disabled virus scanners and word plugin. HELP! please =( "Jim" said in news:093601c3faf9$e108d900$a001280a@phx.gbl: > I get an Out of memory, low on resources error when I try > to attach an attachment in Outlook. Plenty of memory and > resourses open. Disabled virus scanners and word plugin. > > HELP! please =( One possible cause: Office Clipboard has too many cut or copy clips saved in it. Edit menu -> Office Clipboard -> ...

Windows mail (Vista)
Can not open an attachment received with an E-mail. The computer locks up,and I have to go to ctl-alt-del to return to windows mail. The setting in the security tab does not effect this issue. Thanks in advance -- Larry Try a Windows Vista community. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Freontocold" wrote: > Can not open an attachment received with an E-mail. The computer locks > up,and I have to go to ctl-alt-del to return to windows mail. The setting in > the security tab does not effect this issue. Thanks in advance > -- > Larry ...

Download link for Windows Profesional x 64
Hi I purchased windows xp professional x 64 several years ago. today i have problems with operation system and i must reinstall it, but i can not find CD with windows xp professional x 64 . Could you send to me download link for windows xp professional x 64 ? Regards Andrey sdandrey wrote: >Hi >I purchased windows xp professional x 64 several years ago. >today i have problems with operation system and i must reinstall it, but i >can not find CD with windows xp professional x 64 . >Could you send to me download link for windows xp professional x 64 ? Ther...

Can get to any attachments through Exchange 2003 OWA
I have seen article 555001. I am getting the following when trying to access the following files through OWA, they are .pdf, .doc, and .ppt. The error is: HTTP 403 Forbidden You are not authorized to view this page -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Hello Eric, Thank you for requesting support for Exchange Server. Before we go any further, would you please help to collect the following information? 1. Accorfding to our previously-handled cases, this issue may be related to WatchGuard Firewall or other firewall/antivirus which may filter out non-secure items. If you have installed such ...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

Access Denied to AL Attachments
Hello, one of the people in my office has started having a problem were they cannot open ANY attachment that comes into outlook express. They get the message "Can't open this item. Access Denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not being used." There is plenty of disk space (over 14 gig) We can write to the disk The file is not in use. The OS is Windows 2000 Pro SP 4 Outlook 2000 9.0.0.2711 Can someone help? What directory is outlook trying to open the file in? thats ALL attachments - no matter the file type. it looks like a per...

Sending Errors w/ Large Attachments
It appears that for the past couple of months I am having issues sending emails w/ large attachments using Outlook XP (2002). The email seems to be stuck in the outbox. The recipients receive the same email over and over. This happens only w/ Outlook and whether or not my router is connected. I have sent the same email using my ISP's mailbox and there are no issues. HELP!!! I am having the same problem, have you found the cure yet. I posted on several mews groups and no one has answered it yet. Let me know, thank ----- JB wrote: ---- It appears that for the ...

Virus found in c:\windows\temp\gthrsvc
My Antivirus is finding lots of virues in c:\windows\temp\gthrsvc and when I run a Windows Filemon store.exe is consistently accessing this folder. Does anyone know why Exchange is using this folder? This the folder used to build the Full-text index. If virus are catched here (probably by the file scanner), it's because you have some mails with virus in the Information Store (does not mean here that you are infected yet). To fix it - 1 Lauch a complete scanner on your information store - 2 Check on all the mailboxes using Outlook if you have a folder called "Quarantine"(or...

Viewing attached pictures
When I attach pictures to a message, and look at the message in the "Sent Items" folder, the pictures are shown in the message body, in addition to the clip icon that shows that the messages contains attachments. The pictures are always shown enlarged regardless of the actual size of the file attached (i.e., the picture can be a small file of 150 KB and still be desplayed so enlarged that it cannot be viewed in its entirety without scrolling up and down, and sidewise). I'd like the pictures not to be shown in the message body, or alternatively to be shown not bi...

Attachments in Microsoft Outlook
I have recently switched to Sympatico Hi Speed connection. However now attachments especially if they were created in Word cannot be accessed by the recipient. The Word files are converted to Wordpad files that cannot be accessed. Sympatico advises me that this is a software problem with Microsoft. Can anyone out there help me. Trying to access the Microsoft help website is a joke. "Canukie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2004c01c4589c$a5a8ebb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have recently switched to Sympatico Hi Speed > connection. How...

Problem setting focus to dialog from main window
Hi All; i'm working on an application that has been around for a while. in fact it was created in C and later converted to C++. i have to set focus to a specific dialog that is displayed and i'm not sure how to go about it. here is what happens. we have a main application with a graphics overlay class that displayes user defined points. when you right click on the overlay it allows you to enter a new point. this overlay class uses COM to access a dataserver that then calls the user point editor and the new point dialog. the new point dialog isinstantiated as part of the user ...

Excel 2003 Slow Function Argument Window
I've just installed Excel 2003 at home. When I select a function in the Insert Function dialog, it takes FOREVER for the Function Arguments window to appear. The Arguments windows is animated to appear to pop up from under the formula bar. I can count the seconds watching the animation of the box appearing, and it's so annoying. In Excel 2000 I could have already completed entering the arguements by the time the window comes up. None of the other menus appear to be slow. I've tried looking for a way to turn off menu animations both in Excel and Windows in general and nothing seems...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments #2
How do I tell Outlook Express to consider some attachments safe and let me open them? Anyone know? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> uncheck Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...

cannot send attachments
Hi, I have a user that'susing Outlook 2002 with Internet Mail that cannot send attachments as of late last week. Up until that time everything was fine. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? thanks....Mark ...

all my mails and posts are blank but contents in attachment
Hi, Using Windows Mail which was working fine this morning. Installed the recommended MS updates this afternoon, WM started running very slowly (taking 3-5 seconds to change message when clicked) now every e-mail and newsgroup message shows name and subject, but the content is completely blank. I can open them up, and the content is stored as an attachment, eg AT000223.html AT000223.txt, which I then have to save (if I click either attachment, I get "file not found" error), then I can open it up and read the mail. I have read and tried the fixes where I changed the "...

How to kill a Windows App of which I have only the exe binary program?
I have a 3rd party Windows App exe. I start the App within my Main App using CreateProcess. However I am using TerminateProcess and it doesn't seem to properly kill the Windows App. I have read that TerminateProcess is not so clean and that other Windows Programmers use the WM_CLOSE message. How can I use WM_CLOSE if I don't control the guts of this 3rd party Windows App exe ? This Windows App exe uses sockets to network to another platform and I have no control over any objects it may create such as files, mutexes, etc. I am using Windows XP and VC++.Net any help is appreciated. T...