Ghost Recipient

I have a user name Jonh Doe in my contact list, and when I
type in John in the "To" box two options for John Doe come
up, one with the correct address and one wiht the
incorrect address.  I have searched  my contact list for
this second conact, but can't find it.  Where would
Outlook be finding this contact?  If you right click it,
and select find contact, Outlook can't, but it does give
you the option to add it.  I thought Outlook only searched
designated contact info for address, where is this Ghost
coming from?
0
cjhunter (1)

Autoresolve doesn't do lookups to any contacts lists - it relies only on
what's been entered before, or mail received. To delete the 'rogue' address,
when you're prompted to choose, highlight the baddie with your arrow keys,
then hit the Delete key on your keyboard.

Chris wrote:
> I have a user name Jonh Doe in my contact list, and when I
> type in John in the "To" box two options for John Doe come
> up, one with the correct address and one wiht the
> incorrect address.  I have searched  my contact list for
> this second conact, but can't find it.  Where would
> Outlook be finding this contact?  If you right click it,
> and select find contact, Outlook can't, but it does give
> you the option to add it.  I thought Outlook only searched
> designated contact info for address, where is this Ghost
> coming from?

0
lanwench (7567)

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

Recipient Policies #14
Hi, I am trying to create a few recipient policies that create different primary SMTP email addresses for different sets of users, identified by the Department field in Active Directory. This works fine if I right click the policy and select "Apply this policy now". However, if the users Department field changes on an existing user object in AD, should this policy not get re-applied on the changed user the next time RUS updates? It seems I have to click "Apply this policy now" everytime an existing users details change in order for them to recieve the correct SMTP e...

How to create a 'Deadletter' policy for messages without recipients
Hello Everyone, I would like to retain ALL messages sent to my domain, even if no recipient exists. I've seen this done before where all messages sent to OurCompany.com that weren't sent to an existing user were dumped into a public folder for review by a part time employee that would route the messages. This would help us in cases where we haven't set up an account for an employee that existed on the old system, it would also help us if the sender made a typo in sending the email. I realize that we'd also get a lot of garbage this way, but I imagine the benefits out...

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

Maximum Recipients for Distribution Group
We have limited the number of recipients a person can send to to 50 per email. This eliminates a lot of spamming and forwarding of "junk/joke" email. I now had to create distribution groups that contain several hundered names. Is there a way that those distribution groups can "override" the 50 recipient limit? I have the groups locked down so only certain individuals can send to it, but I don't want to lift their limits also (many are the ones who forward jokes to 80+ people). I want the maximum recipient number "lifted" only when they send to the group (...

Exceeded Maximum # of recipients
I am trying to send an email to a lot of addresses and an error message comes up saying that I have exceeded the maximum # of recipients of 100. How do I change this max # to more than 100? Thanks That could be your mail server returning that message. If so, you can't change it (unless you're the administrator of that server) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09f701c39711$6562ae30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to send an email to a lot of addresses and an > error message comes up saying that I have exceeded the > maximum # of recipien...

How do I configure Outlook to use a set email for a certain recipient
Hello, Is it possible to set Outlook 2003 in a way (either with rule or some other method) that it uses a set email address for a certain recipient? Let me clarify it. I have 2 different email accounts: one for work and for personal stuff. When I email to my friend -whose email address is stored in my address book - I want outlook to use my personal email address, even though my work email address is set as the default one. Is it possible with a rule, or some other way? I couldn't find any info on the net. Thanks, Zee Not in any current Outlook versions, no. --� Milly Staples [MVP ...

Ghost typing
Windows XP running on an older Dell PC. Oddly, about the time Windows 7 was released (and corresponding with some Automatic Windows XP Updates) my computer started a frustrating behavior. When trying to type characters in the USER password screen, IE address bar, notepad, Word or any other character input field...I am able to type one or two letters then the machine self types WWWWWWWWWWWW endlessly. The W is disabled on the keyboard. The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse. I also have a WACOM Intuous 3 graphics tablet that has worked fl...

Recipient Policies #13
Hi all, I am a new Exchange admin and not being an expert at it, I have a question regarding Recipient Policies. Exchange 2003 w/ sp1 on windows 2003 domain, outlook 2003 client (and some outlook xp clients) We have 2 mailbox stores: The default one, Mailbox Store and one called No30Day The mailboxes in the default Mailbox Store get all emails older than 30 days deleted. The mailboxes in the No30Day are left alone. The previous exchange admin told me to make sure someone did not get their emails older than 30 days deleted via this policy, all I had to do was do a mailbox move with Excha...

Recipient address rejected
Version: 2008 Whenever I send or collect new mail, a popop window appears right after successfully sending/receiving, saying that reciepient address rejected: need fully-qualified address. It also says that the email couldn't be sent in spite of the fact that it has been sent, and refers to the error as '-17099'. It started yesterday only. Hope you can help. ...

Multiple e-mail recipients
When I attempt to e-mail to multiple recipients, not everyone (or, no one) receives the message. I have been told by my internet provider that this is a recognized problem with Outlook 2000. Do you know the fix or where I should go to find the fix? Thank you very much. Don Harper Don Harper <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I attempt to e-mail to multiple recipients, not > everyone (or, no one) receives the message. > > I have been told by my internet provider that this is a > recognized problem with Outlook 2000. I think your internet provider ...

Undisclosed recipients #4
I can not find a function in Outlook that allows me to group address an email to "Undisclosed recipients". Use the BCC field for this or use Mail Merge from within Word -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "TVG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05b101c48b2c$333af420$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I can not find a function in Outlook that allows me to > group address an email to "Undisclosed recipient...

Alternate recipient problem #2
We have a user with an Exchange mailbox that has an Alternate recipient set with copy retaining by mailbox. Problem is this - we are intermittantly getting emails that hit the exchange mailbox that DO NOT get forwarded on to the Alternate recipient. We know this is the case as we have checked the Alternate recipient's log as well as our outgoing SMTP server's log. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix? Exchange 5.5 sp3 running on NT4 Server. ...

Sending Personal Mails to Multiple Recipients
Hi, I want to send fixed template mail to multiple recipient but I don't want to specify all the names/emails in TO or CC or BCC field, I want single name in TO field. It should automatically update some of the text from the template (HI XYZ) example: TO: alex, fletcher Hi Alex, BLAH BLAH. Regards, Nik and recipient2: TO: anita, smart Hi Anita, BLAH BLAH. Regards, Nik Please let me know if there is any way to do this. Thanks. ...

Ghost brackets
Suddenly, Word is putting brackets around any text that I select--and leaving them. These do not print, but it's confusing to have these nonprinting brackets thrown in--sometimes hard to tell them from real brackets I've inserted. In addition, I often send documents electronically, and then people are facing this doc with these ghost brackets (which look identical to real brackets on the screen). How can I stop Word from doing this? jpmcewan, Seems like you are seeing bookmarks, normally you do not see them unless you go to Tools - Options - View - under view section unc...

recipient policies #11
I'm trying to run a report that will show me how many emails each user has over 2035 day old, 1669 day old. I've configued the policy in recipient policies and then applyed but the totals are both the same? The policy looks to be only looking at the folder but not it's contents. Can some one point be to some details other than MS's vague KB's. Thanx, Paul On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:05:01 -0700, "MILO" <MILO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to run a report that will show me how many emails each user has >over 2035 day old, 1669 ...

Ghost Recipient
I have a user name Jonh Doe in my contact list, and when I type in John in the "To" box two options for John Doe come up, one with the correct address and one wiht the incorrect address. I have searched my contact list for this second conact, but can't find it. Where would Outlook be finding this contact? If you right click it, and select find contact, Outlook can't, but it does give you the option to add it. I thought Outlook only searched designated contact info for address, where is this Ghost coming from? Autoresolve doesn't do lookups to any contacts l...

Ghost accounts won't stay deleted!!!
Hi, I have an MBNA CC, and I've been unsuccesful in connecting to their server. In the process, I have tried twice to delete the account and recreate it. Now each time I try to update my accounts, the deleted accounts come back as "MBNA CC #1" and "MBNA CC #2". Does anyone know what's causing this and how I can resolve it? Thanks, JD JD, I'm also having problems downloading data for my MBNA CC. I am receiving "your last call encountered an error" message. I'm also having problems with Tropical Finacial Credit Union. One night I could...

550 too many recipients
I'm emailing to 9 diferent Distribution List, 40% all the recipients (mix and match) I received this message from the system administrator: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Annual Factor Sent: 4/15/2004 10:43 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Bethany doe (beth@ite.net)' on 4/15/2004 10:43 AM 550 Too many recipients On 16 Apr 2004 14:35, "Carlos Beltrami" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm emailing to 9 diferent Distribution List, 40% all the re...

ghost items
When we setup RMS we used a suppliers disk to import all their items. Recently, I used a query to delete all items that were never sold or recieved, so that I would have a more manageable item list, as there were about 16000 items that we were never going to use. Now I'm running into some instances where an ILC can't be used on a new item because the system says it's already being used. When I try to pull up that item in the Item list nothings there. However, if I create a PO and enter the ILC in quickscan, it will put in an item that has no info at all, no description, or...

I don't want mail recipients to get my categories and flags
This goes back to Outlook2000 and I still see it in Outlook 2003 Production. When I receive a mail item, let's say my rules assign a category to it. Then I reply to it. If the recipient has Outlook, they see the categories that I've assigned to that mail. If I set a flag to remind myself to follow-up on that mail, the recipient also gets my reminder and a flag. I understand these can be considered features and there is a post here just today from someone saying they use flags extensively, but I don't want people to see the categories I assign to mail, especially if my rules mi...

Ghost spreadsheet?
Today I am suddenly experiencing a weird problem: I cannot see some of the spreadsheets we have saved both on the desktop and on the server. The files are listed, I can click on them, Excel opens but the spreadsheet does not appear, I only see the light blue background; note that on two fields in the toolbar, right below the Ribbon, I see the cell number in the first and the value on the second; changing the cell number changes also the value on the second field therefore the spreadsheet is there, it is just not visible. I tried to reboot both the desktop and the server but no luck. We...

Recipient Policies #19
Under Recipient Policies, I have a policy that runs weekly that removes junk mail from users folders with the setting of any size and 7 days. In checking with some users who are part of the policy they have junk mail that is from July still sitting in their junk mail folder. Does the junk mail have to be regarded as read first or will it be removed regardless. I'm not sure why mail that has a date or being in their longer then 7 days is still there. ...

Calendar default reminder is off but is on for recipient
My calendar default reminders are set to off but when I invite others they are turned on on their end. This causes reminders to go off at all hours of the day or night unless they manually remove them each time. On the other hand, I do not want disable my personal reminders. How can I send calendar items with no reminder? "Camille" <Camille@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ED77FCE-7789-45D4-A5BC-254C49973830@microsoft.com... > My calendar default reminders are set to off but when I invite others they > are turned on on their end. T...