Ghost messages

Hi,

 Every time I ask Outlook 2003 to search for new messages, it reports more
messages than it actually downloads.

 In one of the accounts, it reports 2 messages higher (if it reports the
download of 3 new messages, actually I find only one.
 If it reports the download of two messages, there is no new message at
all).

 How can I fix it?

SantistaS

0
santistas (27)

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

Keep getting message to update graphics driver
A message keeps popping up in one of my machines in an account running in the background. It keeps saying, "warning: please update the display driver and program". It looks like it's coming from Nvidia about the graphics driver. So I updated to the latest 195.62 WHQL drivers from Nvidia, the installation went fine, and the drivers are running fine, but I still get the message! There's nothing newer out there, other than maybe some beta drivers. I'm running with an 8600GT video card from Palit. I found one similar problem, posted on Nvidia's own forum...

setting up office messaging
I appreciate any help. I am taking on a new job (finally employed) and my first tast is to set up inner office mail. Is it possible to use Outlook 2002 to set up inner office mail using their network connection? At this time they do not have individual email accounts for their business. Thank you for your help Christine ...

Messages moved to deleted items from inbox.
Any fixes for this problem? I am experienceing the same issue on an Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 platform. Thanks, Mark Messages are being moved from the Inbox to Deleted Items? Either someone else has access to the mailbox and is moving them (unlikely), or someone has setup something like the Mailbox Manager to move them for you (more likely). -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ <Markbolo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172012913.750438.307550@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Any fixes for this problem? I am experienceing the same issue on...

? before every message
It has come to my attention that everytime a user sends out an email there is always a ? before the actual message. This is happing with exchange 2003 sp2 and the users only use the owa, what can i do about this? was that happened after applying sp2? ? sign is in the message body or before the user name? if they send messages via outlook client, does some problem occur? volkan systems engineer "Alex" wrote: > It has come to my attention that everytime a user sends out an email there is > always a ? before the actual message. > > This is happing with exchange 20...

Function is not availalbe in expressions in query expression error message (0/1)
I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in Access 2007. I have attached two jpg pics. Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in the right direction for a fix? The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked fine. I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables. I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the frontend on a client W/S. I don't see the error while on my W/S which is my developer W/S and has Acce...

Can't track message from outside to inside after enable message tracking on exchange 5.5 #2
Dear, I am using a Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Window 2000 SP4 We would want to track all message for debug use. So, I have enable the message Tracking. After enable it, I find that it can track the information for send mail between internal and send mail from internal to external But can't tray the information from outside to internal mailbox. I have do below setting on my exchange server, Is there any missing on the setting. Hope anyone can give me some help 1) Information Store Site Configuration Properties --> General --> tick Enable message tracking box 2) MTA Site Configuration P...

Supressing the #Error Message
Hi, When I run a report that has no results, I get a #Error message. Is there a way to have it so that nothing shows rather than this error message? Thanks, -- Chuck W Any calculated controls tend to show #Error when the report has no records. You can fix this by testing the HasData property of the report within an IIf() expression. For example, if you have a text box with Control Source of: =Sum([Amount]) change it to: =IIf([Report].[HasData], Sum([Amount]), Null) It might be better to just cancel the report's NoData event so that the report doesn't open at all whe...

I can't delete a pst folder-error message:an object could not be f
I exported a pst file and removed the e-mails that were exported I added the pst file later to find something I noticed an e-mail in the wrong folder and moved it to the correct location (not a good idea) now when I want to close the pst file I cannot - I get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I don't know which e-mail(s) I moved so I cannot move them back Is there any to delete the pst file? If you have any problems with pst file, you can try a tool called Advanced Outlook Repair. You can download a free demo version at http://w...

Cannot delete message in outbox
Hi, I've had this problem in the past and my only solution was essentially creating a new pst file, which I'm trying to avoid here! I sent a relatively large file (well only 4MB), and instead of going through it has gotten stuck in my outbox. Whenever I try to delete it, nothing happens, and if I open it Outlook 2003 gives me a message to the effect of "Cannot open message, outlook has already begun transmitting it..." Any ideas on how I can resolve this? It's a huge nuansce as any message I send takes forever to go through, and this one message is of course never going ...

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

Not receiving all email messages
I have Outlook Express version 6.00.2600.0000. A while back I downloaded some "critical updates" from MS. Now I am not receiving all of my email. For example, I am not receiving weekly notices and statements from one of the airlines. I did not receive an email with some picture attachments from a friend. I have not been recieving jokes, pictures, news articles from another friend. However, I am still receiving info from another airline and I'm receiving pictures, jokes, etc. from other friends. For some reason, only certain messages are being blocked. I do not...

File is locked for editing message
I have excell 2007 and when I try to open a non shared file I created in my network share I get a message that the file is locked for editing. I have ownership of that share and I see no reason why this would come up. Is this an excel issue that can be fixed? Thanks Carl -- When you open a workbook in Excel a temporary copy is created. When you close the workbook the temporary file should be deleted. At times your OS does not do its job and the temp file is left open. This will give you the "locked for editing" message. It is usually necessary to re-boot to clear it o...

startup error message
I have Money 2006 Small Business Editon. When I sign in with my email & password, I get the following error message: We're sorry, but Microsoft Money has experienced an internal error and will have to restart. It doesn't change with the restart. Anyone have a solution? ...

duplicate message
Hi All, Our server had a problem after installed exchange SP2 and turn on the IMF Somebody received duplicate email 30 times but the sender only sent out once This problem happen to many receiver or all user. But as the same mail, this isn't happen to my email and outside email account. I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and Small Business Server 2003 Please help me, thanks a lot. Ken What type of account is configured in Outlook program. Vijay "Ken" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:ucXOocrDHHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Ou...

Norton Anti Virus Popup Message
Dear all, If the Outlook application is opened and my PC is connected to internet, every minute there will be a popup message from NAV application. The message contains warning about Netsky virus. I use NAV to scan my PC and there is not any virus. How to solve this annoying popup message ? Thanks. Vensia What is the wording of the warning? -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Vensia" wrote: > Dear all, > > If the Outlook application is opened ...

Problem with blank messages
Hi there, About 2-3 weeks ago I received my first blank message. i.e. a message with no sender, no subject and no body. I carefully deleted it without much thought. Over the next two weeks I received more an more, starting with a trickle of one-or-two a day and escaleting to betwen 30 and 50 blank messages each day. I'm worried that they are carrying viruses, trojans, bots or the like. I've run a full virus check with my F-Prot, and tested with Adaware, and SpyBot. No suspicious files have been revealed. I'm working on a running Outlook 2003 (11.8010.6568) SP2. My Toshiba Sa...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

two of every incoming message
I've seen this here before but can't find the solution right now.... I get double messages in my inbox. How can I fix this? Thanks! Do you have 2 POP3 accounts configured that use the same POP3 server? In this case configure only one account to receive. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "john" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Forward Non-Delivery Reports for Message Size Limits.
I was wondering if it is impossible to have NDR's for inbound Message Size limits to be forwarded to the administrator. I have setup the process for that to happen but get everything except message size limits (after testing). Any help would be great! Sincerely, Mark ...

Can't delete e-mail messages
When I try to delete an e-mail message I get an error message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook." After doing a Detect and Repair, restarting numerous times I still can't delete any e-mail messages. HELP!! I have the same problem. Have you been able to fix it? The only way I have been able to delete emails from the inbox is to use shift+delete. Dan Can you MOVE them to the Deleted Items folder? -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn office of Gregg B. Creighton, Architect bdeshawn@gbcarch.com http://my.sterling.n...

Can't track message from outside to inside after enable message tracking on exchange 5.5
Dear, I am using a Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Window 2000 SP4 We would want to track all message for debug use. So, I have enable the message Tracking. After enable it, I find that it can track the information for send mail between internal and send mail from internal to external But can't tray the information from outside to internal mailbox. I have do below setting on my exchange server, Is there any missing on the setting. Hope anyone can give me some help 1) Information Store Site Configuration Properties --> General --> tick Enable message tracking box 2) MTA Site Configuration P...

Annoying Message at Start Up
This is not an XP problem, but since there is no Windows 7, I'm going to ask it here. I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 7. On start up, I got the message that I need to download Microsoft.net framework 2. I did so, but I continued to get the message. The next time I got it, I tried to download it again, but got the message that it is already on my computer. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02EB_01CA6A0C.A2FD1FD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable loo...

Reading posted messages
Why, when opening some posted messages, in order to read them you have to scroll horizontally forever when others fit nicely into the confines of the message window? ...

Receiving duplicate of email messages
I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all download through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and the other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc). My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3 accounts are ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting emails double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to fix this. I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing this. ...