Ghost in the outbox??

I have been experienceing a situation where Outlook 03 is
attempting to send a message and returning the following
error (everytime I send/receive) even though there is
nothing in the outbox:

Task 'Mitch DRS - Sending' reported error
(0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your
outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive
this message, contact your server administrator or
Internet service provider (ISP).'

Any new outgoing messages go just fine and the status bar
alway shows that Outlook is attempting to send one more
message than is in the outbox.

How do I get rid of the ghost message??

0
anonymous (74717)

Hi Kurt,

This originally happened when I tried to send on a non
Earthlink account. (See
us;836562 for the error code mentioned below) I renamed
sending account and the email went but, Outlook still
seems to think there is something there to send..... Of
course I've closed and restared Outlook but it still acts
the same.

Mitch

account in my case. If I set it up to go to a valid smtp
server the message gets sent but I wonder what is being
sent? Is there anyway to find this out?

>Kurt
>

>"mitch" wrote:
>
>> I have been experienceing a situation where Outlook 03
is
>> attempting to send a message and returning the
following
>> error (everytime I send/receive) even though there is
>> nothing in the outbox:
>>
>> Task 'Mitch DRS - Sending' reported error
>> (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your
>> outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to
receive
>> this message, contact your server administrator or
>> Internet service provider (ISP).'
>>
>> Any new outgoing messages go just fine and the status
bar
>> alway shows that Outlook is attempting to send one more
>> message than is in the outbox.
>>
>> How do I get rid of the ghost message??
>>

>.

0
anonymous (74717)
7/28/2004 1:32:32 AM
Hmmm. Well, I'll be done traveling and back on my cable by
this time next week. Hopefully that will purge it. I'm not
to concerned with figuring out which email it is as I
would have heard about it from my clients if they did not
have what they needed from me. Good luck and thankd for
your perspective.

Mitch

email by changing my account back to my cable modem
account and then had it send it. But what gets me is what
was the EMAIL? I still don't know what it was!

>Does anyone know?
>
>Kurt
>

>"Mitch" wrote:
>
>> Hi Kurt,
>>
>> This originally happened when I tried to send on a non
>> Earthlink account. (See
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
>> us;836562 for the error code mentioned below) I renamed
>> sending account and the email went but, Outlook still
>> seems to think there is something there to send..... Of
>> course I've closed and restared Outlook but it still
acts
>> the same.
>>
>> Mitch

0
anonymous (74717)

Cannot delete message in outbox
Hi, I've had this problem in the past and my only solution was essentially creating a new pst file, which I'm trying to avoid here! I sent a relatively large file (well only 4MB), and instead of going through it has gotten stuck in my outbox. Whenever I try to delete it, nothing happens, and if I open it Outlook 2003 gives me a message to the effect of "Cannot open message, outlook has already begun transmitting it..." Any ideas on how I can resolve this? It's a huge nuansce as any message I send takes forever to go through, and this one message is of course never going ...

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

Mail stays in outbox #2
When I click on Send to send a message, I get the error "Some errors occurred while processing the requested task. Please review the list of errors below". There is nothing listed below. My message goes to the outbox and it is sent everytime I click on Send/Receive. I continue getting the error and the message continues to be sent until I delete the message from the outbox. I am running Outlook Express 6. Any suggestions? Thanks Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group suppor...

Outbox email stuck
Outlook 2000. Mail in Outbox is italicized as 'sent' and recipients confirm. However, this 'sent' mail resides in the Outbox of Personal Folder, and no new mail comes in. Efforts to Delete these files gets message 'already deleted, or access denied'. PST file is 920Meg. Ideas? Thanks. ...

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

Mail merge stuck in outbox
I had 900+ emails to send to a group of physicians that I have on a list. About 100 of them went immediately, and the rest seem "stuck" in the outbox. I have closed and reopened, rebooted the whole computer, done everything I can think of, including opening individual emails and trying to send again. Nothing seems to work. They are not grouped, but were done with a mail merge (word). I have Outlook 2003 and use XP. Any ideas? Thanks,A ...

Outbox Email Stays in Queue until refresh
Hello, We have a number of Outlook XP clients that when sending email it stays in the Outbox until either they "Click" on the Outbox or "click" anywhere on the Folder views. The email is really sent but it appears the Outbox never refreshes and the email still appears. We are using Exchange 5.5. Does anyone have a clue what could be happening? This problem started about a week ago. Thanks, Vince ...

Ghost typing
Windows XP running on an older Dell PC. Oddly, about the time Windows 7 was released (and corresponding with some Automatic Windows XP Updates) my computer started a frustrating behavior. When trying to type characters in the USER password screen, IE address bar, notepad, Word or any other character input field...I am able to type one or two letters then the machine self types WWWWWWWWWWWW endlessly. The W is disabled on the keyboard. The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse. I also have a WACOM Intuous 3 graphics tablet that has worked fl...

Cannot delete message in Outbox #2
I have a message stuck in my outbox that I cannot delete. I have followed the procedures outlined in the knowledge base to no avail. When I try to open the message, it says 'Can't open this item. The MAPI Spooler has already begun transmitting this message' I cannot send or recieve anything, because the first thing it does is try to send this stuck message. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Place Outlook in off-line mode by File-> Work Offline. Then restart Outlook and delete the message -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office rel...

Ghost brackets
Suddenly, Word is putting brackets around any text that I select--and leaving them. These do not print, but it's confusing to have these nonprinting brackets thrown in--sometimes hard to tell them from real brackets I've inserted. In addition, I often send documents electronically, and then people are facing this doc with these ghost brackets (which look identical to real brackets on the screen). How can I stop Word from doing this? jpmcewan, Seems like you are seeing bookmarks, normally you do not see them unless you go to Tools - Options - View - under view section unc...

Messages get stuck in outbox
hey guys, I need help here: messages are getting stuck in the outbox with and without attachments for some people and other people, their messages with attachments gets stuck. We use Outlook 2000 with MS Exchange Server. Does anyone have any idea? ...

Outlook 2003 Outbox #3
Some e-mails are staying in the outbox even though they have been sent and a copy of same are showing in the sent box. Any reasons why this could be happening? Thanks. ...

Ghost Recipient
I have a user name Jonh Doe in my contact list, and when I type in John in the "To" box two options for John Doe come up, one with the correct address and one wiht the incorrect address. I have searched my contact list for this second conact, but can't find it. Where would Outlook be finding this contact? If you right click it, and select find contact, Outlook can't, but it does give you the option to add it. I thought Outlook only searched designated contact info for address, where is this Ghost coming from? Autoresolve doesn't do lookups to any contacts l...

ghost items
When we setup RMS we used a suppliers disk to import all their items. Recently, I used a query to delete all items that were never sold or recieved, so that I would have a more manageable item list, as there were about 16000 items that we were never going to use. Now I'm running into some instances where an ILC can't be used on a new item because the system says it's already being used. When I try to pull up that item in the Item list nothings there. However, if I create a PO and enter the ILC in quickscan, it will put in an item that has no info at all, no description, or...

Default Inbox/Outbox
Does anyone know how to set the default inbox and outbox to an imap folder instead of the local folder outlook sets it to? Also, I want to rearrange the listed order of my folders so that "inbox" is listed first as it is my most used fodler. Thanks, mark Mark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to set the default inbox and outbox > to an imap folder instead of the local folder outlook sets > it to? I don't believe that's possible. I tried it with OL 2003 and the IMAP store was not available as the default delivery loc...

Stuck Outbox
I have Vista 64 and periodically I cannot send mail. My antivirus is Trend and I have turned off the e-mail scanning function. Error message is : Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Jessica's Phone Number?', Account: 'pop6.sympatico.ca', Server: 'smtp1.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F hay alguien de argentina? "Ken McLean" <KenMcLean@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Ghost accounts won't stay deleted!!!
Hi, I have an MBNA CC, and I've been unsuccesful in connecting to their server. In the process, I have tried twice to delete the account and recreate it. Now each time I try to update my accounts, the deleted accounts come back as "MBNA CC #1" and "MBNA CC #2". Does anyone know what's causing this and how I can resolve it? Thanks, JD JD, I'm also having problems downloading data for my MBNA CC. I am receiving "your last call encountered an error" message. I'm also having problems with Tropical Finacial Credit Union. One night I could...

Ghost spreadsheet?
Today I am suddenly experiencing a weird problem: I cannot see some of the spreadsheets we have saved both on the desktop and on the server. The files are listed, I can click on them, Excel opens but the spreadsheet does not appear, I only see the light blue background; note that on two fields in the toolbar, right below the Ribbon, I see the cell number in the first and the value on the second; changing the cell number changes also the value on the second field therefore the spreadsheet is there, it is just not visible. I tried to reboot both the desktop and the server but no luck. We...

Ghost font
I use the previous month's newsletter as a template each month. Whenever I open the file, there is a mystery font that is not being used called MS Shell dig. I click okay and ignore it. Is there any way to locate where the font is and remove it? This article can help http://www.virtualplastic.org/html/ui_font.html This may give insight too. http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/V6/D/D403.html -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dandyman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4...

Ghosting Accounts
ex.I have an sbcglobal account and subaccounts.if I set up outlook to retriev username@companyname.net instead of username@sbcglobal.net ican send but not receive.detination show from username@companyname.net if they repliey to it i can get...but if compose and type username@companyname.net it goes to the companyname@sbcglobal.net which is the primary account at internet provider.so how I set up to retreve e mails sent to subaccount? is it outlook settings or internet provider settings? or maybe this will help....I was told to Ghost the account!?!?! Thank you!!! I understand you hav...

Outbox not sending messages
My outbox messages aren't being sent. Can someone give me instructions as to if / what I need to do to update, correct the problem? Thank you very much. Lynda On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 11:15:25 -0800, "Lynda Reid" <lreidrealtor@comcast.net> wrote: >My outbox messages aren't being sent. Can someone give me instructions as >to if / what I need to do to update, correct the problem? Thank you very >much. > >Lynda YOu're asking in the wrong place. This newsgroup is for the database software Microsoft Access, not for email software or general compu...

Mail stays in Outbox for about a minute
I'm on a new Exchange 2003 server and for some reason my mail sits in the Outbox for about a minute or until I hit F9. I have "Send Imediately When Connected selected" Any thoughts? Sander wrote: > I'm on a new Exchange 2003 server and for some reason my mail sits in > the Outbox for about a minute or until I hit F9. I have "Send > Imediately When Connected selected" > > Any thoughts? What version/SP of Outlook? If you're on 2003, using cached mode? What client OS version, and is there a personal firewall installed/enabled? Anyone else...

Outbox Email
I am using Outlook 03. I have set up a few messages in my outbox, my question is this. Do I need to be in Outlook for the messages in my Outbox to be sent? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Frank Please send any help to the above email address. Thanks, Frank >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 03. I have set up a few messages in >my outbox, my question is this. Do I need to be in >Outlook for the messages in my Outbox to be sent? Any >help will be appreciated. > >Thanks, > >Frank > >. > If you have messages in your Outbox, ...

Ghosting an Exchange 5.5. server
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that was running out of hard disk space. So I ghosted the drive onto a larger drive. However, the next day I started getting errors with my database, and am now in the throes of getting things back in order. Is there a known issue with ghosting Exchange databases? Should I not have done it that way? Tim I would never trust ghost with something as important as Exchange 5.5. Did you try to run the defrag utilities for Exch 5.5 before you decided to ghost? Running "eseutil /d" on the priv files will defragment the database files. Once, I was able ...