Ghost in the machine?

I have Outlook 2002. My hard drive crashed last week, we
trashed it and added a new one. I had to import an old
address book into Outlook express on our computer, and
then import from there to Outlook 2002. the problem is I
have a group contact list I send to, and there seems to be
a ghost in the machine..we cannot find this email address
anywhere on my computer, yet the group continues to try to
send to this now-defunct email address. Is there a way to
search out email addresses and delte them? The normal
select recipients/add/delete obviously won't work because
we cannot locate the email address - we never added it in
as far as we can tell. Does this make sense? Here is the
error message we got
ROB@TYCOELECTRONICS.COM on Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:04:05 -0400
    The recipient name is not recognized
	The MTS-ID of the original message is:
c=us;a= ;p=amp;l=US038MX00040713210435C5KVBX
    MSEXCH:IMS:AMP:TE2:US038MX00 0 (000C05A6) Unknown
Recipient
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi Joanne,
please try this here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;270910
or
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;181263
--
Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch!
Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat.
"joanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have Outlook 2002. My hard drive crashed last week, we
> trashed it and added a new one. I had to import an old
> address book into Outlook express on our computer, and
> then import from there to Outlook 2002. the problem is I
> have a group contact list I send to, and there seems to be
> a ghost in the machine..we cannot find this email address
> anywhere on my computer, yet the group continues to try to
> send to this now-defunct email address. Is there a way to
> search out email addresses and delte them? The normal
> select recipients/add/delete obviously won't work because
> we cannot locate the email address - we never added it in
> as far as we can tell. Does this make sense? Here is the
> error message we got
> ROB@TYCOELECTRONICS.COM on Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:04:05 -0400
>     The recipient name is not recognized
> The MTS-ID of the original message is:
> c=us;a= ;p=amp;l=US038MX00040713210435C5KVBX
>     MSEXCH:IMS:AMP:TE2:US038MX00 0 (000C05A6) Unknown
> Recipient

0
Bravestar (248)
7/14/2004 5:59:16 PM
Thanks, but maybe I wasn't clear -
this info is for Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 and 5.5..
Not outlook 2002. The two were designed to enhance each
other and work together as a server (exchange) and a
robust mail client (outlook) solution. - We don't use
exchange.

That's why a lot of exchange information is given to
outlook searches. We do not have an exchange server, Your
outlook 2002 is set up for internet mail only. So any
reference to exchange regarding the phantom email is not
usable because no mail is sent by us through an exchange
server. Tycoelectronics may in fact have a mail server
producing this message, the problem is that we are sending
an email to a non existing email account on that server.
We have to stop the message from going out to that address
that produces the error message, but since we cannot find
that ghost email we can't stop getting the error messag.e

We think it is not a server issue. The problem I think is
corrupt data in the address that book we imported.

Thoughts?

0
anonymous (74717)

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

virtual machines
Sorry, your question did not make it onto the server. Please try again! On 2/02/08 12:13 PM, in article ee8bc07.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "docrg@officeformac.com" <docrg@officeformac.com> wrote: > -- Don't wait for your answer, click here: http://www.word.mvps.org/ Please reply in the group. Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to. John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/ Sydney, Australia. S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50 +61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name ...

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

Cannot backup Virtual Machines in a CSV with DPM 2010
I have a 4 Node Server 2008 R2 Cluster with 26 HA Virtual Machines in 1 CSV volume. When I create the protection group and start the initial replica, DPM 2010 Beta only grabs a couple of megabytes (anywhere from .19 to 15.95) then just stays there until I cancel the job. I am using software based VSS (built in Microsoft version), and have enabled CSV serialization on the cluster. My storage for the CSV is a Dell Equallogic iSCSI SAN. When i look at the Event/Application logs all i see is this: Revert operation for volume \\?\Volume{f7f8c65d-c32a-11de-8e8b-001d09645911}\ ...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

Ghost typing
Windows XP running on an older Dell PC. Oddly, about the time Windows 7 was released (and corresponding with some Automatic Windows XP Updates) my computer started a frustrating behavior. When trying to type characters in the USER password screen, IE address bar, notepad, Word or any other character input field...I am able to type one or two letters then the machine self types WWWWWWWWWWWW endlessly. The W is disabled on the keyboard. The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse. I also have a WACOM Intuous 3 graphics tablet that has worked fl...

Ghost brackets
Suddenly, Word is putting brackets around any text that I select--and leaving them. These do not print, but it's confusing to have these nonprinting brackets thrown in--sometimes hard to tell them from real brackets I've inserted. In addition, I often send documents electronically, and then people are facing this doc with these ghost brackets (which look identical to real brackets on the screen). How can I stop Word from doing this? jpmcewan, Seems like you are seeing bookmarks, normally you do not see them unless you go to Tools - Options - View - under view section unc...

Ghost Recipient
I have a user name Jonh Doe in my contact list, and when I type in John in the "To" box two options for John Doe come up, one with the correct address and one wiht the incorrect address. I have searched my contact list for this second conact, but can't find it. Where would Outlook be finding this contact? If you right click it, and select find contact, Outlook can't, but it does give you the option to add it. I thought Outlook only searched designated contact info for address, where is this Ghost coming from? Autoresolve doesn't do lookups to any contacts l...

Ghost accounts won't stay deleted!!!
Hi, I have an MBNA CC, and I've been unsuccesful in connecting to their server. In the process, I have tried twice to delete the account and recreate it. Now each time I try to update my accounts, the deleted accounts come back as "MBNA CC #1" and "MBNA CC #2". Does anyone know what's causing this and how I can resolve it? Thanks, JD JD, I'm also having problems downloading data for my MBNA CC. I am receiving "your last call encountered an error" message. I'm also having problems with Tropical Finacial Credit Union. One night I could...

Link error, module machine type conflicts with target machine type?
Hi! I hope I am not posting to the wrong group (in that case please tell me which group is correct.) I would be most grateful if someone could help me with this. I am trying to convert my mfc code, which is an in-proc COM server, to x64. After fixing numerous errors I am stuck with this one. The error I am receiving is Linking... Starting pass 1 ..\x64\Unicode Debug\Registry.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64' Obviously something is still set to x86, but how can I tell what? Registry is one of my own classes, p...

ghost items
When we setup RMS we used a suppliers disk to import all their items. Recently, I used a query to delete all items that were never sold or recieved, so that I would have a more manageable item list, as there were about 16000 items that we were never going to use. Now I'm running into some instances where an ILC can't be used on a new item because the system says it's already being used. When I try to pull up that item in the Item list nothings there. However, if I create a PO and enter the ILC in quickscan, it will put in an item that has no info at all, no description, or...

SPAM not going into Junk E-mail folder on all machines
The SPAM goes into my Junk E-mail folder but not in some others users. Any ideas? The filter works great for me. I want it to work for all my users. On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 08:50:09 -0700, "Jeff Laidacker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The SPAM goes into my Junk E-mail folder but not >in some others users. Any ideas? The filter works great >for me. I want it to work for all my users. Check the settings on the clients. They might be on Low or not in cached mode or any one of a variety of reasons. Is every setting the same? Have they accidently or otherwi...

copying excel 97 Macro to different machine
how can i move a macro that runs under excel 97 to a diff pc running excel 97? regards, antz Hi one way: - open the VBA editor - select the module and export the contents of this module (right-click on the module name) - Import this file on your other machine -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Antz wrote: > how can i move a macro that runs under excel 97 to a diff > pc running excel 97? > > regards, > > antz You could copy the workbook that contains the macro to the other pc. Remember that each open workbook has to have a unique name--you can't have two ...

Ghost spreadsheet?
Today I am suddenly experiencing a weird problem: I cannot see some of the spreadsheets we have saved both on the desktop and on the server. The files are listed, I can click on them, Excel opens but the spreadsheet does not appear, I only see the light blue background; note that on two fields in the toolbar, right below the Ribbon, I see the cell number in the first and the value on the second; changing the cell number changes also the value on the second field therefore the spreadsheet is there, it is just not visible. I tried to reboot both the desktop and the server but no luck. We...

Ghost font
I use the previous month's newsletter as a template each month. Whenever I open the file, there is a mystery font that is not being used called MS Shell dig. I click okay and ignore it. Is there any way to locate where the font is and remove it? This article can help http://www.virtualplastic.org/html/ui_font.html This may give insight too. http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/V6/D/D403.html -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dandyman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4...

Publisher 2003 causing machine to freeze up
Hoping someone can offer some assistance: Any idea why Publisher 2003 would cause a machine to lock up? This has happened on a couple of machines in my office now. One was an upgrade installation on a machine that previously has Publisher 2000 installed on it. The other was on a stripped down machine where I had completely removed MS Office 2000 and Outlook and then done a complete install of Publisher 2003. Both machines froze up after Publisher 2003 was in use. Any assitance would be appreciated. Specifics: Dell Optiplex GX240 or GX260, running Windows 2000 SP4; Pentium 4; minimu...

Access 97 on XP Pro machine
Trying to run an Access 97 database with a calendar control form on a machine that is running on XP Pro operating system when I load the database onto the XP machine the Calendar Control form doesn't load how do I get the Calendar Contol to load? ...

Ghosting Accounts
ex.I have an sbcglobal account and subaccounts.if I set up outlook to retriev username@companyname.net instead of username@sbcglobal.net ican send but not receive.detination show from username@companyname.net if they repliey to it i can get...but if compose and type username@companyname.net it goes to the companyname@sbcglobal.net which is the primary account at internet provider.so how I set up to retreve e mails sent to subaccount? is it outlook settings or internet provider settings? or maybe this will help....I was told to Ghost the account!?!?! Thank you!!! I understand you hav...

Norton ghost not working
Hello: I'm trying to use Norton Ghost 2003 to backup my winxp partition, but when finally I click on the "Proceed to dump partition" I get: "Unable to find a free MBR slot in the Virtual Partition DLL. This is usually due to there being no free primary partition slotsleft on the boot disk." what's the problem and can it be fixed?? (The laptop comes originally with a single partition c: containing vista, at that time I created two new partitions d: and e:, then I installed win xp sp3 on d: and I'm using it, c: still containing vista but it'...

Moving Office 2004 to new machine
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I currently have Office 2004 installed and working fine on a PowerBook G4. I am getting a new Mac. Can I simply install Office 2004 from my original Disks onto the new machine? Thus giving me two machines running Office 2004. Regards On 5/7/08 12:11 PM, in article 59b4d0d6.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "TerryR@officeformac.com" <TerryR@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Power PC > > I currently have Office 2004 installed...

Exchange Ghost Mailbox
Hello, I am the Exchange Administrator of my network. We recently have migrated to Exchange 2003 from another e-mail system. In order to assist some remote users with the migration and with sharing certain folders, I had added their Exchange accounts temporarily to my own Outlook profile. When finished, I removed them. I have done this with nearly 20 or 30 accounts with no problems. I have finished now and there are a couple of Exchange mailboxes that remain in my profile although there is no configuration referring to them. I have tried re-creating my PST and OST files from scratch, b...

Ghosting an Exchange 5.5. server
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that was running out of hard disk space. So I ghosted the drive onto a larger drive. However, the next day I started getting errors with my database, and am now in the throes of getting things back in order. Is there a known issue with ghosting Exchange databases? Should I not have done it that way? Tim I would never trust ghost with something as important as Exchange 5.5. Did you try to run the defrag utilities for Exch 5.5 before you decided to ghost? Running "eseutil /d" on the priv files will defragment the database files. Once, I was able ...

Synchronizing 2 machines: Avoiding double downloading
I just converted from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. I want to keep my home & work machines synchronized, and I don't want to download email twice from the POP3 server. (But I want to keep the message on the server for a few days in case anything crashes.) I plan to copy the *.pst files to a flash drive & take that back & forth with me between home & work, backing up & restoring as appropriate. My question is how to prevent Outlook from downloading messages a second time. OE would do this correctly (sometimes!). Is there a way to get Outlook to do this? ...

outlook ghost
I'm running office 2000 on win 98. All was fine but now when I switch between folders, another standard toolbar automatically appears. Happens everytime. Any fix or cause? K Hi Try repairing Outlook. Go to Start - Settings - Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs. Click on Outlook/Office and click Repair. If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook/Office. It would be worth checking your computer for Adware. Get a free trial of Ad-Aware and scan your system Injexion Try renaming your outcmd.dat file to outcmd.old while Outlook is closed -- it's the file that hold toolbar c...

Parameter button is ghosted
Ok, I'm going to give this another shot. My orginal question was a little vauge so I've rewritten below: 1) I use Data>Import External Date>New Database Query 2) I then brows to an Access data base, select the table and fields I want, complete the wizard and return the data to a sheet in Excel. 3) The data is correct and updates correctly but the parameter button is ghosted. I realize you have to have a cell selected within the data range and and I do. Any ideas? The parameter button will become available if the query contains a parameter. To add one: Select a cell...