Ghost Email?

Hey, my outlook express ver 5 is acting insane.  I keep
getting notification that I have an email, but there is no
email there.  The New Mail icon shows up in the system
tray and tones, and it will even show a new mail number in
the inbox tray.  There is no email there and it has me
baffled.  Anyone else run into this problem?  Any
suggestions?  I'd really appreciate any help in this
matter.  Thanks again and everybody have a great weekend...

Dave Riley, MCP, A+
0
riled2518 (1)

Hi, David -

For one thing, I'd upgrade to IE6SP1 (and OE will be updated as well) to get
the latest version. Also note -

This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different
program, despite its similar name..

You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
Outlook Express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

David wrote:
> Hey, my outlook express ver 5 is acting insane.  I keep
> getting notification that I have an email, but there is no
> email there.  The New Mail icon shows up in the system
> tray and tones, and it will even show a new mail number in
> the inbox tray.  There is no email there and it has me
> baffled.  Anyone else run into this problem?  Any
> suggestions?  I'd really appreciate any help in this
> matter.  Thanks again and everybody have a great weekend...
>
> Dave Riley, MCP, A+

0
lanwench (7567)

email #6
I upgraded from Publisher 2002 to Publisher 2007 in an effort to more easily create email ads - postcard size emails with text, graphics and html links. When I select the email option I only get "send as an attachment", not "send email". My Office version is Student/Teacher/2003 but Publisher is 2007? Running Windows XP. Any help would be appreciated. You will have to have Outlook 2007 to have the automatic send as an email option. Take a look at Tools, Options, Web tab. You can convert your email card into a ..jpg or better yet send your card as a PDF. Microsoft ha...

Forward old domain email to new domain email
Hello to All- Our company has just purchased another company who has an exchange server, we are going to move them to our company. Ex: Current Co: abc.com Bought Co: def.com I want to have all the email going to def.com to now be received on their new abc.com for lets say 3 months, which at that time I will shut down the def.com email. Basically we are merging. Not sure where to start to get this done. Oh yeah we will be using just one Exchange Server, the one for abc.com Thanks for the help! Jeremy Change the mx records for def.com so they point to the same mx records for a...

Multiple email not working for CRM 4.0
I am trying to send direct email to multiple marketing contacts, but the emails are never sent. I am able to send individual emails if I email the contacts one by one, but when I select multiple contacts the emails are never sent. I have tried this with both the email router option as well as directly through the outlook email client. The help file references a bulk email server, but I am unable to find this service anywhere on the email router machine, or the CRM server. thank you for you help. ...

Help please
Hi I'm running outlook 2000. I have a considerable number of old emails that outlook will not let me delete, I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error, if the problem presists restart outlook". Obviously I have tried re-starting outlook but this doesn't help. I have also run the inbox repair tool which does not report any errors. Is there any way I can work on and edit the 'outlook.pst' file directly? These emails are annoying and I would like to get back to a clean listing. Any assistance is much appreciated. Cheers Jem How l...

Publisher file too large to email
I place a full page ad in two local real estate magazines. I usually design the ad in publisher and it includes approx. 6 photos of properties we have for sale. The publication is now 6MB in size which is too large for most email providers and keeps getting kicked back. I right clicked and hit send as "zip" file but the size of the file remained the same. How can I reduce the size of the file to email it? It needs to be much less than 1MB in size. Thanks. Cathy in Florida <CathyinFlorida@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I place a ful...

Having trouble sending email
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Have checked server settings, all seems OK (have not changed anything on my PC for this problem to occur) Where is the actual error message? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

where do I find my Forwarded emails? They arent in my Sent folder
My computer at home does not showme all the emails that I have forwarded. I would like to find them. The computer at work saves them in my "Sent" folder automatically for me. How do I set this up at home? Any forwarded messages SHOULD show in the "Sent" folder without you having to do anythign to set it up.. "cepicky" <cepicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3837675F-556B-4DB1-99C3-6052FB6BE97E@microsoft.com... > My computer at home does not showme all the emails that I have forwarded. > I > would like to find them. The comp...

Email when activity is assigned
does anyone know if there is a third party app or other way of sending an email when an activity is assigned to someone? That would be such a great feature as you can notify somebody that they have an activity in crm. thanks in advance! ...

Limit inbound email
We are running Windows SBS 2003 and an outside mail filtering service. Is it possible to limit inbound mail to a specific range of IP addresses? If so how is this done with out having to key in all the ip's manually? Thanks, Michael On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 14:40:04 -0800, "diddy" <diddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Windows SBS 2003 and an outside mail filtering service. Is >it possible to limit inbound mail to a specific range of IP addresses? If so >how is this done with out having to key in all the ip's manually? > > >Th...

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

how do i configure outlook to use my aol email account
jonbon wrote: <nothing> PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm the answer: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm which Google would have told you with 6.5 million hits in 0.43 secs. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm#aol -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-t...

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

Company confidentiality notice for outgoing emails
Is there a way to globally append a company confidentiality notice to the end of all outgoing emails at the server as opposed to setting this up individually in Outlook for each user? You would be better off using a 3rd party product, there are lots. There is a way to implement a disclaimer via an event sink but this doesn't work for MAPI clients, i.e. Outlook. Nue "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25AEDC5E-127D-4F94-AF18-B30BDDB43893@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to globally append a company confidentiality notice to the > e...

Not receiving all email messages
I have Outlook Express version 6.00.2600.0000. A while back I downloaded some "critical updates" from MS. Now I am not receiving all of my email. For example, I am not receiving weekly notices and statements from one of the airlines. I did not receive an email with some picture attachments from a friend. I have not been recieving jokes, pictures, news articles from another friend. However, I am still receiving info from another airline and I'm receiving pictures, jokes, etc. from other friends. For some reason, only certain messages are being blocked. I do not...

Outlook 2002--How do I change account which email account is active?
I have a problem with a Outlook 2002 that makes me think the active account is corrupt. Each time I try to log onto ISP to get email, Outlook prompts me for the password. I have set the password through Windows software and when I log on thru Outlook, I keep checking the box to "remember password" but it doesn't. Now I'm getting connection errors that are not consistent and if I ignore them, I can still log on. This all makes me think maybe the account I'm using has become corrupt. How can I copy my User Files and then create a new account so I can delete the present acco...

Help in Decoding Encoded subject in email
Hi, I am VC++6 developer. I am working on Email based project. In that recently I faced problem regarding different character set in email in subject line of email. I have made my application in ANSI, means not compiled as UNICODE. For example, =?utf-8?Q?UTF8_test_1_-_El_ej=C3=A9rcito_iraqu=C3=AD?= Above encoded subject stats that charset is utf-8 and Q=quoted printable and after that follows encoded subject of an email. There are lots of charset available like "utf-8", "iso-8859-1" to "iso-8859-15", "shift-jis", Japanese, Chinese, etc. To decode s...

People receiving email that was not meant for them?
Hi, Several people are receiving emails that I did not send to them. I did not input their email address, yet they receive emails that I have sent to another person(s). It doesn't matter if I am writing a new message, replying to an email, or forwarding an email. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Thank you. Are those users delegates of your intended recipients? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without...

How to send emails to email-adresses in EXCELL?
I was sent an Ecell-file with email addresses. They are highlighted in blue. When I click one, the Outlook Express email window opens, and the address is inserted into the "To:"-field. That's okay. I then added more email addresses into this Excell-file, and when clickk one of those, of course nothing happes, because they are not "Hyperlink" Is it possible to "hyperlink" these email addresses in EXCEL? (I still use OFFICE 1997) Eva ...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

Publisher 2007 email template
When I go to email a template from Publisher 2007 in Outlook, the recipient receives the email with a bunch of image attachments. Is there anyway that I can email the template without showing the attachment? I guess what I'm asking is, can I hide the images from the attachment? I'm emailing newsletters to clients and it seems unprofessional to have all those attachments show up. If your recipients can only receive email as plain text, then there isn't much you can do. You could send the email as plain text without images. How to save your publication as a Web Archive in Pub...

Can't delete email
I have Outlook Express 6.0. I can't delete any email from any folder. Please help!!! Roesbud1019 wrote: > I have Outlook Express 6.0. I can't delete any email from any folder. Please > help!!! Not an Outlook issue, the topic of this newsgroup. Ask in a newsgroup that discusses Outlook EXPRESS. ...

How do I configure Outlook to use a set email for a certain recipient
Hello, Is it possible to set Outlook 2003 in a way (either with rule or some other method) that it uses a set email address for a certain recipient? Let me clarify it. I have 2 different email accounts: one for work and for personal stuff. When I email to my friend -whose email address is stored in my address book - I want outlook to use my personal email address, even though my work email address is set as the default one. Is it possible with a rule, or some other way? I couldn't find any info on the net. Thanks, Zee Not in any current Outlook versions, no. --� Milly Staples [MVP ...

Ghost typing
Windows XP running on an older Dell PC. Oddly, about the time Windows 7 was released (and corresponding with some Automatic Windows XP Updates) my computer started a frustrating behavior. When trying to type characters in the USER password screen, IE address bar, notepad, Word or any other character input field...I am able to type one or two letters then the machine self types WWWWWWWWWWWW endlessly. The W is disabled on the keyboard. The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse. I also have a WACOM Intuous 3 graphics tablet that has worked fl...

backing up emails?
Hi all, I have read that archiving and importing/exporting can produce corrupted data. What is the best way to save emails for later retrival? thanks, charles..... A simple copy of the *.pst file(s) its a hidden file, with OL closed. And / or use the free MS Outlook Backup addin, available on Outlook section of the site PS Archiving causes no problems, only the use of Import/Export feature can http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "***** charles" <shultzjrX@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:BFF%f.59088$F_3.21184@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > Hi ...

outlook email vs. newsgroup email
Hi, I'm running Outlook 2000 on WinXP. Several people share one Outlook with different email accounts. When we send email we can go to [Options] and select which account the message is sent from. However, when we want to post to a newsgroup, this option isn't available and it always comes from the same address. How do I change the email address when I post to a newsgroup? Thanks! Math Honestmath <honestmath@aol.com> wrote: > However, when we want to post to a newsgroup, this option isn't > available and it always comes from the same address. How do I change >...