getting started #3

having trouble opening my outlook.  what do i need to do to be able to use
microsoft outlook.

you need a profile. Control panel, mail... add a profile.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"chriskelly708" <chriskelly708@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> having trouble opening my outlook.  what do i need to do to be able to use
> microsoft outlook.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/1/2008 2:26:39 AM
You also need your mail server settings which you can get from your =
ISP's web page help for mail.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, chriskelly708 asked:

| having trouble opening my outlook.  what do i need to do to be able
| to use microsoft outlook.
0
Milly

Copying Conditional Formatting #3
I know how to use the Painter brush to copy the format but I have roughly 3,000 lines to do this to therefore I don't want to copy and paste either because I loose my current number in there. Is there a was to do this in large chunks? Thanks! Stacey Hi, Stacey. Use Copy on a cell that has the format you want, then highlight the range you want to contain this formatting. Click on Edit>Paste Special and select Formats from the choice box that opens. Now, ONLY your format will be pasted into the cells, leaving your data unchanged. HTH Info about the Format Painter. Double-cl...

Sending Email #3
I am able to receive but not send email, with the following error message: "553 authentication required" "check email properties". I can send sometimes if I go in and re-enter my password but once I close outlook and re-open, it will not send. Its unpredicable and causing large problems for my business. You can set up the required authentication on the "Outgoing Server" tab in your e-mail account properties. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve t...

list box, combo box hyperlinks #3
Thanks, I will give it a try. I have to read up more on VB tutorials t get a better idea for coding -- P-C-Surgeo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- P-C-Surgeon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1477 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26473 ...

CRM 3.0 vs ASP.NET version
Hello My crm app is running with asp.net 2.0. Because crm needs to run with asp.net 1.1 I need to change the version. The problem is that in IIS 6, in the ASP.NET tab of the application, I only can select version 2.0.... Thank you for your help If 1.1 is allready installed: goto start > run type cmd goto C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 type aspnet_regiis -ir then you should be able to select the correct version. if C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 does not exist you need to download and install .net 1.1 first from download.microsoft.com. --- Patrick Verb...

Getting email addresses.
Hi, I have a customer who wants to get a list of all the email addresses that are passed through his exchange server, both inbound and outbound. They are using the tracking centre so I was wondering if there was a way of getting the info out of here. Has anyone done this or is it even possible? Is there a better way? Please let me know, Thanks, Chris This information is stored in message tracking logs and in SMTP logs, if logging is enabled. I think your favorite spreadsheet app will help yo with extraction. Logs can be found in \\servername\servername.log. Chris Gradden wrote...

printing account register #3
how do you print the register, or as specific section of it, is it possible. I', wondering if I have made a significant mistake with this product In microsoft.public.money, puzzled wrote: >how do you print the register, or as specific section of >it, is it possible. File->Print will print the register you are viewing. If you print to a pseudo printer such as cutepdf or pdf995, you can print the pages you want to paper. Often it is best to customize a report and to print that. Is there a way to limit your print to reconciled transactions within a specified date range? ...

Copying data #3
Hi I need help in copying data. I have data exported from a text file and has somthing like following format - Main Grp: 600 Sub Grp: 11890 grp desc amount 7878 ABCDEMF 89887 ABCDEMF 89784 ABCDEMF 45654 ABCDEMF 56587 <<page break>>> Main Grp: 600 Sub Grp: 11900 grp desc amount 7900 ABCDEMF 56844 ABCDEMF 12546 ABCDEMF 74125 ABCDEMF 36985 so need to copy 'grp' below alongwith the lines of data within the group and 'sub grp' also alongside the data.. may be on right side after amount. I tried with Edit/Go to.. and spe...

segfault! with CImage::GetBits() in CE 3.0/5.0 if LoadFromResource() is used, why???
If I use CImage::GetBits() to retrieve the pointer to the bits of a bitmap which was loaded with LoadFromResource(), any attempt to access that pointer results in a segfault! I've spent 5 hours on this (yeah I'm a little slow) and I realize it must be an undocumented "feature" of Windows CE. *Please* document this problem. When I checked the value of the pointer I was getting, I noticed it was "128" - sounds pretty low! Is that system memory maybe? Wherever it is, my app isn't allowed there. Code: CImage *image = new CImage(); if (!image) return -1; H...

3 linked combo boxes in a form Options
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the option you suggested did not produce the desired result. Perhaps if I explain further what I am trying to do, you can offer some alternatives. Shopcbo based on Shopqry based on Shoptbl. Columns in the table are ShopName and ShopID. The shop same is self explanatory. The shop ID is a field a created to match up with a field in the equipment table. Areacbo based on Areaqry based on Areatbl. Columns in the table are AreaName, AreaLink and ShopName. The area link is a field created to identify each area that a piece of equipment belongs to...

Getting rid of header after first page
Hi! I´m working on a document with about ten (10) pages. On the first page I have a header with date, name address, phone, email address and so on. I don´t want to have that header in the following pages so I searched for help on how to get rid of those headers. I got the information that first I have to insert a Section Break so I did that after the first page (I´m able to see the "marks" of the Section Break). Beeing on page 2 I then selected "Header", marked all the text and pressed "Delete". The header on page 2 was gone but...

get computer name, desktop and my document
I would like to get computer name, desktop and mydocuments folder using VBA for my applications. Any function available to do this task? Your information is great appreciated, See http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0009.htm at "The Access Web" for how to get the computer name, and http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0054.htm for how to get the location of special folders such as Desktop and MyDocuments. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "iccsi" <inungh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1f8...

how do i get a 'save' sound in excel?
How do i get the excel programme to give me a confirmation sound when i have saved? (cntrl+s) so i dont need to look up to see if its saved the data. Depending on your version of office: 2k, 2002, 2003: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C8BB981D-2A23-4D1A-8310-457C733BE290&displaylang=EN (one line in your browser) or http://snipurl.com/2z7v 97: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9293ba43-2810-482c-9168-8122a9d76ecd&DisplayLang=en or http://snipurl.com/eqe9 Frannie wrote: > > How do i get the excel programme to give me a confirm...

HOw do i start outlook? #2
My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? Presumably it worked before? And the version is? You could try a repair using your Office or Outlook cd "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E1B2630-9B20-444F-BF65-6B7E41638450@microsoft.com... > My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? The Check Name function is part of a Microsoft Exchange account. Are you trying to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server? Or your ISP? Joe "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

I get appointments for a person who is no longer with us.
We have a shared calandar at our company, whenever I am invited to an appointment I receive the following e-mail: your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. the following recipient(s) could not be reached: the e-mail account does not edist at the organization this message was sent to. check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <servername.domain.local #5.1.1> I get my appointment just fine but I also get the message above for a person who was let go and removed from the system. Are you using Exchange server?...

Using outlook express, want to start using microsoft outlook,how?
Currently using outlook express, but need to start using microsoft outlook, can anyone advise how? I have tried the tools, options, general route and this doesn't work, and other ideas please. Thanks, Sharon juliansoffice <juliansoffice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Currently using outlook express, but need to start using microsoft > outlook, can anyone advise how? I have tried the tools, options, > general route and this doesn't work, and other ideas please. What exactly are you trying to do? Create an account? Install it? What? What version? -- Brian...

IE7 won't run from desktop icon or from Start All Programs
Running XP Home with SP3 Recently had to uninstall IE8 due to incompatibilities with an application. Uninstalled IE8 prior to SP3 which seemed to cause some problems. At this point, have uninstalled SP3, then reinstalled SP3 and all updates. Have reinstalled IE7 several times. I can run IE7 using a standard shortcut that points to the executable. However when I click on the built in desktop icon it starts to bring up IE7, then immediately shuts down with no error message. There is no message in the Event Viewer. I get the same results by going to Start, then All Programs, and th...

Posting Setup #3
I am new to MS Dynamics GP and I am facing problems in setting up posting Accounts for Inventory. I want to know implications of each posting account requirements. I have gone through the user manual provided along with the product but couldn't find it. Thanks for your time First, you should check out www.accoladespublications.com for their books on this topic. Do you need assistance with every field? -- Charles Allen, MVP "pathik shah" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics GP and I am facing problems in setting up > posting Accounts for Inventory. I want to know impl...

How do I get total value data labels in a stacked bar chart?
I have a 3-D stacked bar chart with four series and I want to have the total value in each category be displayed in a data label. Can I do this, and if so, how?? Hi, This should help http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy blemerson wrote: > I have a 3-D stacked bar chart with four series and I want to have the total > value in each category be displayed in a data label. Can I do this, and if > so, how?? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks, Andy. The CFO is thrilled. Heather "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, >...

Circular Reference Warning #3
When I open my exel file .. this pop-up open .. circular reference warning one or more formulas contain a circular reference and may not calculate correctly. circular references are any references within a formula that depend upon the results of that same formula. for example, a cell that refers to its own value or a cell that refers to another cell which depends on the original cell's value both contain circular references. for more information about understanding, finding, and removing circular references, click ok. if you wnat to create a circular reference, click cencel to cont...

Investments #3
When is Microsoft going to use Yodlee like everyone else so we can track all our investments in one place?? What's Yodlee? Who is "everyone else"? Given the apparent AOL connection, my best guess, all other things being equal which I suspect they are not, is not soon. What about Money prevents you from "tracking all [y]our investments in one place"? "Chuck" <chucknospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%gUHc.79747$OB3.11004@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > When is Microsoft going to use Yodlee like everyone else so we can track all &g...

CRM 1.2 & 3 on the sae server
Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? I dont believe you can do that, unless you are using server virtualization. "David Massard" wrote: > Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) > where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? Both versions use the same registry hive, so they can not run on the same machine. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" <chadbuserncsicc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:885DC6E8-3226-4D1F-9...

Best way to get started with VBA?
Hi. A lot of replies by the MVPs include the statement that the OP will need to use VBA. What's the best way to get started? Are there any "VBA for Dummies" type books or development tools? Are there repositories of source code that the beginning VBA programmer can look at? Question: Does Outlook (2003) out of the box contain VBA code that is executed when a user clicks on a button or fills out a form? While Outlook is running, is there a way to watch this code execute and see how it changes values or fills in fields? This question came up in my mind because of the dedica...

How do I get the text from running off a page (have it skip to th.
I need to be able to have text skip from one cell down to the next row without it running off a page (hard return) Amy Not sure what you need here. If you want text to stop at a certain point in a cell then drop down to next cell below, just hit ENTER key whenever you choose. If you want the text on more than one line in a cell, you can hit ALT + ENTER to create a CR in the cell. Or just type it all in one cell then choose Wrap Text and widen the column. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:48:03 -0700, "Amy Maestas" <Amy Maestas@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Troubles Getting Data from Navy Federal Credit Union
Is anyone having problems connecting to NFCU? Since upgrading to 2006 several days ago, I have been unable to connect to my bank. I've reinstalled, created new files, created new Passports, all no joy. Tech support tells me CashEdge serves as an intermediary, and that they may be the problem. Any ideas? TIA ...

Can anyone get the front and rear pages of a booklet to display?
I can merrily paste a pic onto facing INTERNAL pages of a booklet. But I can't display "facing pages" for the covers (I can print preview)... I can't get a picture to go onto the front and rear covers, the picture gets cropped to the spine. I want one picture that wraps around the covers of the booklet (4" x 8 1/2") to fit into a #10 envelope. This is kind of tricky. The best way to achieve this would be doing the procedure on an inside facing page so you can readily see what you are doing. Insert the picture, copy/paste the picture, stack the two images b...