general question!

Hello there. Outlook XP in a networked environment. When
viewing an email (that has an attachment)in the preview
pane, I can see the attachment icon on that little header
area between the list of emails and the previewed email.
However, when I click away to an email that is a reply to
a meeting request (that I sent out)and then click back on
the attachment-email, in the information viewer the
little attachment icon is no longer on the header.
Obviously I can still tell if the email in question has
an attachment from the information viewer. This is more
annoying more than anything else so I am just wondering
if anyone knows of some quirk in Outlook that causes
this.

Thanks in advance.

0
anonymous (74725)

Tabs and Controls
Hi All, I have created an app with a - FormView - 3 Dialogs - Each Dialogs have a List Control How to I get the I get a pointer to the List Control easier than this HWND myWindowHandle = (HWND)m_Tabpages[2]; HWND myHAdapterList = ::GetDlgItem(myWindowHandle,IDC_ADAPTER_LIST); CListCtrl* myAdapterList = (CListCtrl*)FromHandle(myHAdapterList); I am sure it is easy and equally sure i am a fool. Thanks, Iain New Zealand Iain William Wiseman wrote: > Hi All, > > I have created an app with a > > - FormView > - 3 Dialogs > - Each Dialogs have a List Control > >...

exhange server back up-restore question
We have Windows 2003 server with Domain Server. Echange 2000 Server We use regularly back up system for Exchange Server. But to restore for a special date for only one user what should we do? PS. Our back up file's size approx. 80 GB. You don't really have a choice unless you use a 3rd party utility like Quest Recovery Manager. Restore all the data and then Exmerge the specific items you want. I'd also suggest migrating to Exch 2003 if possible as your backup and recovery options are much improved. Nue "ilyas" <ilyas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Modal dialog box question #2
Hi, In my application, I have a modal dialog box, and I want that some of the commands from the main menu will be available. (all other events outside the dialog should be blocked - just like a regular modal dilaog). How do I do it ? Yoav. Modality is like pregnancy. Either the dialog box is modal, in which case you can't click the menus or it's modeless in which case you can click any menu item. I suggest you have two choices: 1) keep the dlg modal and place extra buttons on it to represent the commands. On click then pass the command message to the CMainFrame. 2) Make the ...

general question!
Hello there. Outlook XP in a networked environment. When viewing an email (that has an attachment)in the preview pane, I can see the attachment icon on that little header area between the list of emails and the previewed email. However, when I click away to an email that is a reply to a meeting request (that I sent out)and then click back on the attachment-email, in the information viewer the little attachment icon is no longer on the header. Obviously I can still tell if the email in question has an attachment from the information viewer. This is more annoying more than anything els...

OWC10 spreadsheet component question
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the insertion speed in the Office XP we component's spreadsheet component. I am creating an ASP.NET applicatio where I use the spreadsheet component. I was testing how fast th insertions take place in the component. Everything is happening locall over ASP.NET I did a simple test like so: I have a Worksheet object called sheet; Code ------------------- for (int i = 1; i < 2000; i++) { for (int j = 0; j < 20; j++) { sheet.Cells[i, j] = "test"; } } ------------------- This never finishes...or I never waited till...

Question from an Idiot
Yes, I think I've asked this before, but my brain has lost the information. Does anyone here use Outlook Express Quick Backup? If so, can you tell me if I can back up to a USB stick, and then carry the stick to another computer, restore the data, and use my OE data? I'll be traveling soon, and I need this ability. Thanks. -- ------------------------------------------ Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com ...

more of a thought question
Hello. This post is more of a thought type posting to see what and how others manage a webapp that needs to be connected to the production db, a clone db for training, a clone for development, a clone for testing, you get the idea here. What concerns me is someone might think they are on the training db but actually on the production db. My first thought is to have some type of display in the header of the masterpage indicating which db the user is connected to (other then the production). Most, if not all of the above variations would be set up by someone in IT (most likely ...

Question about virtual
Hi, when we use Wizard to create a new class. The destructor is generated as "virtual". Can you please explain why is that ? Will it be a problem if we remove virtual keyword ? thanks, You will need a virtual destructor if there is a chance that a child class could be deleted when it is casted to a parent class. class CMyWnd : public CWnd { public: CMyWnd() { m_pInt = new int[100]; } virtual ~CMyWnd() { delete [] m_pInt; } private: int *m_pInt; }; In the following situation: CMyWnd *pMyWnd = new CMyWnd(); CWnd *pWnd = pMyWnd; delete pWnd; //if the destructo...

Signitures Question
I created several signitures using Word, Dreamweaver and writing my own HTML code. When selected in options and loaded, I get the logo but no text. The files are saved in the signiture folder. ...

Question on Investing performance calculation
How does Money calculate the Investing performance percentage that shows up in Investing/Investment Tools in Money 2006? While the percentages for Dow Jones and S&P match the newspaper so I assume they are calculated as current price - beginning of year price divided by beginning of year price, that same calculation does not appear to be true for my own investments. I could even verify this a few days into the year, before any pruchases/expenses etc. showed up which could mask the numbers for me. Does anyone know? Thanks! ...

A question about CImage
in CDoc CImage m_pImg; in CView ::GlobalLock(HBITMAP(pDoc->m_img)); == NULL GetLastError(); > invalid handler before try to get the handle, I have initialized it successfully, and my OnDraw() can works well. Till I Know CImage is not a Predefined MS MFC Class, are you using some external Library!!! -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I think this will Help" "ckacka" <ckacka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B320B34E-4D86-4179-88AC-D6E6E08A5BDC@microsoft.com... > in CDoc > CImage ...

General
I created a workbook with several worksheets that are protected and when it is opened it is to go to sheet1 and select cell A10. My problem is that when I open it not only is sheet1/A10 selected but a cell in sheet2 which causes half of each sheet to be visible. Now if I unprotect sheet2 the problem goes away but cells in the two sheets are linked and both need to be protected. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Carl, care to post the code you are using? maybe somebody can see why it is doing that -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Usin...

Rounding question
I'm using Excel 2007 but 'save as' 97-2003 as colleagues have different versions. All number formats are set to 2 decimal places. I'm finding that percentage calculations are rounding up to 2 decimal places but when the result in currency is subtracted from another figure the sum is rounded down. This gives results such as 6 - 3 = 4. I'm sure there must be a simple answer but I can't find it. Hoping someone here knows, as checking all simple calcuations is getting ridiculous ! Carrie "Carrie" <pantscarolyn.smith2@ntlworld.com> w...

vbAdvance general dll problem
I want to create a plugin for an external application in VB6. To do this I create a regular dll, export the necessary functions and compile the dll. So far so good. The problem comes when I developed a second plugin (also in vb6 with vbAdvance) and try to load both in the external application. The first plugin is loaded fine, but the second fails with error 998 (ERROR_NOACCESS). I traced the problem to the code that starts the required vb stuff, in MRuntimeInit: ... pGetClass = GetProcAddress(hMod, "DllGetClassObject") If pGetClass Then CopyMemory pCall, InitDelegato...

Questions on RDC over HTTP
I hosted my own mail server (Exchange 2003 Enterprise) at home. And I want to use RDC over Http feature. (ex. I can login to my Exchange inbox even though I am not inside my LAN and without using VPN) However, the setup is not quite successful because it kind of telling me that SSL is required for this feature. basically, can I run this feature without SSL? Thanks. The general answer is no. :-) You can setup your own CA for this purpose. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms...

Time question #2
when the user inputs data into cell C8 I want the current time to be displayed in cell D8, and remain there without changing value, so if the user inputs the number1 into cell C8 the time 17:00 is shown in cell D8, and from that moment on it does not change. Can this be done, if so any ideas?? Thanks It can be done using circular reference or code http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBA371C7-550B-408B-B373-34AA1EF892D5@microsoft.com......

basic question
Hi, I have never used excel for math problems before and am having a little trouble with basic equations. I entered the eqn in the function (using the column names such as G1-G2 etc...) but now I'm a little lost. When I drag the equation down to fill in the rest of the column nothing happens. Is there an intermediate step I'm missing? Thank you!!! Tools>options>calculation and make sure it is set to automatic -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "M121385" <M121385@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB7CFE63-A301-4F3F-A723-4EAF201D3071@microsoft.co...

User Guide Question
I have Money 2004 and I was wondering if there was a way to print out the entire user guide without having to save every screen? I'm getting more frustrated with Money as time goes on, I thought M05 would help me with things but it doesn't appear to be that way. I might think about switching to Quicken. I like the fact that they have books about how to do certain things and such. There isn't any way to print the on-net User's Guide in total that's been identified here. I find it hard to imagine that M05 will fix any issues you are having with M04--indeed it see...

PKI Question (IECA)
Has anybody had to deal with the not so new requirement by DoD to implement PKI for all contractors who need to exchange email between themselves and DoD? The requirement is called IECA. I'm just trying to find out if anyone has had to do this, what's involved, besides paying the $100-$150 extortion fee to simply verify who I say I am. Thanks, Tom I haven't had to deal with this, but a Google search turns up the following. http://www.digsigtrust.com/federal/dod.html "Tom Pennington" <NONEt2pennington@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u84WAabTEHA.2128@TK2MS...

alt.windows7.general
Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. But it now has it's own news group. alt.windows7.general (uncensored) Canuck57 wrote this, with guidance from inner voices: > Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. > > But it now has it's own news group. > > alt.windows7.general (uncensored) Just couldn't leave them in peace, could ya? -- Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur, Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur. Canuck57 wrote: > Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. > > But it now has it's own news group. > > alt.windows7.general ...

A simple vlookup question
Hello, So I have the text "abc301" in cell A1 and "301" in cell A2. When I do a vlookup using A2 as the lookup value, it works. However, if I use RIGHT(A1, 3) as the lookup value, I get a N/A. Does anyone know how I can use the 3 final characters in a cell as the lookup value? Hi, I do not really understand what you want to do. Is cell A2 (301) a figure or text? Try this. =VLOOKUP(VALUE(RIGHT(A1;3));A1:A2;1;FALSE) Wkr, JP "eggman2001" <sodani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4f658713-79ba-49a9-897c-7aeeef8ef1f0@z28g2000vbl.googlegroups.com... > ...

Dataset serialization question
I am creating a dataset like so: data = new DataSet("_DATA"); DataTable mm = new DataTable("T_IDS"); mm.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("C_PKEY",Type.GetType("System.Int32"))); mm.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("C_IDS",Type.GetType("System.Collections.ArrayList"))); data.Tables.Add(mm); and later I use the WriteXml method of the dataset to serialize it and after that readXml to deserialize it. Unfortunately the ArrayList ends up just saying System.Collections.ArrayList. So it doesn't deserialize properly. It is an arraylist of int...

Upgrade question
I want to get Office Publisher upgrade version. If I get Office Home and Student will this qualify me for the upgrade version of publisher? I also have Works Suite 2002. Will this qualify me for the Publisher upgrade as well? Thanks Yes to Office Home and Student 2007; no to Works Suite. You need one of the following: Microsoft Publisher 2000-2002; Microsoft Office Publisher 2003; Microsoft Publisher Deluxe 2000-2002; Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 with Digital Imaging; any 2000-2007 Microsoft Office suite; any Microsoft Office XP suite. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Micros...

alt.windows7.general newsgroup
Reference Email Subject: Mysterious Message in Drafts Folder, by Grenou, dated Saturday, November 28, 2009, 5:43 AM., comment: "I subscribe to alt.windows7.general." Grenou, I would very much appreciate the name of the server for the alt.windows7.general newsgroup. I already subscribe to news.microsoft.com and msnews.microsoft.com but could not find the alt.windows7.general newsgroup on either of these servers. Thanks for any help, Sam. Try aioe news server. "Sam" <scams@Remove This att.net> wrote in message news:ej3t87ScKHA.808@TK2MSFTN...

Question about Subreport
I have a report in tabular design, it has the header row and two details rows. I embedded a subreport named "subreport_1" to the details row. In the "subreport_1" it has two details rows with another subreport named "subreport_2" embedded to it. All subreports are hidden and it can set to visible with the click on a column cell. The problem is taken forever to open the main report and I know the SSRS try to render the report and the two subreports when first opening, Is there a way to stop the loading of the subreports when opening the main report a...