FROM button

Where do i enable this button? No longer under the VIEW
menu in Outlook 2002 or 2003! Did MS remove it?

Also on older client such as Outlook 2000 the FROM button
no longer allows delegate roles. It appends the message
with a "Sent on behalf" warning which was working fine
without it before. What's the dilly? Only thing that has
changed in the environment is the introduction of a 2003
Exchange server. Any ideas?

Many thanks!

For your first question -- are you using Word as your e-mail editor?  If so,
you can find "From" in the Options dropdown.

For the second question -- I believe you have to give the delegate "Send As"
permissions instead of "Send on behalf of" permissions to elminiate the
extra name in the From field.  I am not much of an Exchange guru so I'm not
positive about this -- you might want to search past messages in this group
to see if you can find a better answer.  (Google Groups is a great resource
for searching newsgroup archives.)

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:2cb9601c4690b$378caf20$a301280a@phx.gbl,
jrocket1534@hotmail.com wrote:

> Where do i enable this button? No longer under the VIEW
> menu in Outlook 2002 or 2003! Did MS remove it?
>
> Also on older client such as Outlook 2000 the FROM button
> no longer allows delegate roles. It appends the message
> with a "Sent on behalf" warning which was working fine
> without it before. What's the dilly? Only thing that has
> changed in the environment is the introduction of a 2003
> Exchange server. Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks!

1) No, you've set Word as the e-mail editor. You can select it by using the
little down arrow on the Options button

2) You must set Send As permissions on the the User Object in Active
Directory Users and Computers. The delegate option in Outlook only controls
Send on Behalf Of permissions.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
"jrocket1534@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2cb9601c4690b$378caf20$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Where do i enable this button? No longer under the VIEW
> menu in Outlook 2002 or 2003! Did MS remove it?
>
> Also on older client such as Outlook 2000 the FROM button
> no longer allows delegate roles. It appends the message
> with a "Sent on behalf" warning which was working fine
> without it before. What's the dilly? Only thing that has
> changed in the environment is the introduction of a 2003
> Exchange server. Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks!

0
Roady

Do not Email Button
Folks, can anyone tell me if there is a way to insure that a contact marked as do not email, using the radio button on their record, does not get emailed? thanks Pat No this does not work consistently throughout the system. I believe it has been logged as a bug but no resolution has been provided as far as I am aware. "Phifunk" <Phifunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD32EE5B-4BCD-419F-BA5E-FBE7A31843E1@microsoft.com... > Folks, > > can anyone tell me if there is a way to insure that a contact marked as do > not email, using the radio button...

Option Buttons/Radio Buttons
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have 2 option buttons in each row (total of 20 rows) I would like the only one of the 2 buttons in each row are on or off. The problem I am having is that it dosent matter which button on which row I select, only that button is active. All the other buttons go blank. I have tried changing the source for each pair of buttons but when I do all the other button sources change as well. How do i set up the buttons so that I can select one of the 2 in every row.? Example 20 buttons in total - 10 buttons active and 10 buttons inactive Thanks John You have to grou...

Moving a Button in a Dialog
I want to move a button in a dialog window but cannot, below are the steps that I am taking when the user makes the BN_CLICKED command CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BTN) pBtnOK->GetWindowRect( &Rect ) Rect.left += 1 Rect.right += 1 pBtnOK->MoveWindow( &Rect, TRUE) Thanks in advance. Rahvin wrote: > I want to move a button in a dialog window but cannot, below are the steps that I am taking when the user makes the BN_CLICKED command: > > CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BTN); > pBtnOK->GetWindowRect( &Rect ); > Rect.left +...

Settings Button , Customize Button and Service Calendar
Here are the links you can put inside the outlook client to access this menu's inside outlook without having to use the web client to make the changes in your organization Just creat a new folder in the CRM structure ( or not ) , in the properties windows ( homepage ) Insert the following info. Settings http://crm:port/tools/home_tools.aspx?pid=0 System Customization http://crm:port/tools/systemcustomization/systemcustomization.aspx?pid=0 Service Calendar http://crm:port/sm/home_apptbook.aspx You have to creat a folder for each link . Im using this , i dont know if microsoft recommen...

Missing Send Button #3
My kids messed up something in Outlook. I have XP Hmoe and office 2000. My outlook works fine (under my user) but my wife's is now missing the send button in the toolbar. Thus seh cannot send emails. I cannot check the response toolbar under customize. Do I need to uninstall then reinstall or is there a way to fix it without having to do that? Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Is her mail account installed and working? Does reinstalling the account clear up the situation? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

Radio Button
I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it selects the one I click on and clears one selected before. Is there a way to have it clear the button that was selected if I click on the same button again. As it is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is selected. Hi This is what radiobuttons (option buttons) are for. Either Male or Female, no None or Both or Not sure yet or Refuse to answer. For independent choices (Vegetarian, Blonde, Plays guitar, ... ) use checkboxes. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Debb...

Buttons Issue with Access 2007 on Vista
Hi there! I have a client who has a simple access DB. If he runs it onXP/Access 2007 no issue, but if he runs it on vista/access2007, he can't click any of the buttons on any of theforms! Could someone shed some light please?...

Outlook Custom Button
Hi All, Is there a way to add a custom button to Outlook 2003 SP-2 standard tool bar and have it replicate to all the users in the domain? Thanks CG You'd need to add it using a script or vba and push it out via a logon script. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cen...

Superscript Button and Subscript Button
I am trying to customize my toolbars, and I can't seem to find the superscript or subscript command. Is there a way to make the superscript and subscript commands into a button in Excel? "=?Utf-8?B?U2xvdGg=?=" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3D6FC2A9-56DD-49DD-B2A3-0DC028A12184@microsoft.com: > I am trying to customize my toolbars, and I can't seem to find the > superscript or subscript command. Is there a way to make the > superscript and subscript commands into a button in Excel? > Record a macro for each and tie them to buttons. ...

Problem with VBA code on command button
I have a form that has a combo box to select a month. The name of the combo box is txtmontha (I realise it would have been better to name it cmb???) The is a command button that when clicked should open a form where the date selected from the combo box is the same value as the date on the form. Here is the code behind the command button: Private Sub cmdopenrecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdopenrecord_Click Dim strqtr As String strqtr = Me.txtmontha.Value Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.SourceObject = "frmFDA" Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.Form.RecordSou...

Recording a command button name
I have an application where the user is prompted to save when they leave the the data entry form either by previewing a report of the data or by closing the form completely. There are two buttons a user can use to do this cmdPreview or cmdClose. I use a module to promt the user for svae. What I would like to do is differentiate to the module which button was clicked. Is there a way to do this? thanks You could take a look at Screen.ActiveControl.Name -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "E" <...

ActiveX Option Buttons
:confused: Hello, I need to know how to tell an option button what value to return. I have a group of 4 option buttons and I have linked them all to th same cell. That's when they stop working, because they all want to say 'true' o 'false' - how do I get them to return a value instead (i.e. 1-4) so can do a calculation on the value in the linked cell? Please help -- veci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vecia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=211 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Custom Button for a Report
Thanks,Tom It is posible create Custom Button for a Report create in Store Operations Manager(Reports/Memorized) or In Store Operation Adminstratrator(SQL FILE) Wilfredo It might be possible, but it'd be beyond the scope of my ability at present. Good luck, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. "Wilfredo De Jesus" wrote: > Thanks,Tom > > It is posible create Custom Button for a Report create in Store Operations > Manager(Reports/Memorized) or In Store Operation Adminstratrator(SQL FI...

Make a button the default button
Hi all If got a form with 3 buttons. First they need to search for a customer and after that for all the articles related for that customer. So in the code for searching a customer I put: Me.knp_Bok_Zoeken.Default = True at the end. But he doesnot make this the default button :S Or at least when I enter a customer and press enter he searches for that customer and if I press enter again he does nothing (instead of running the code to find the articles) Does anybody now what I'm doing wrong? Kind regards Erwin Erwin If you open the form in design view, select the button you wi...

Force TRUE in a check box as result from an option button??
I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons. Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other variables. But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and ...

Print button on toolbar linked to specific printer, way to do?
Argggh, they keep changing colour printers on us <lol>! I'm in a govt dept that balloons up/deflates due to election events! In the last 2 weeks, they've changed all the printers around on us as they move them to accommodate needs! At the end of the event, the printers will all return back to their original configurations and locations <phew>! The colour printer is the one that concerns me. Is there a way to just assign a printer, via a macro maybe, to a button on the toolbar? That way, no matter what printer was actually there and no matter where it was locat...

Button
I know this is simple, but i've been staring at it for so long that it's not going to be obvious. I have put a button on a sheet so I could run a macro with it. The button wouldn't let me assign the macro to it, I right clicked and it didn't give me the assign macro shortcut selection. I copied a button from another sheet and pasted it and redid the macro, that is fine. My problem is that I can't get the button that wouldn't let me assign a macro, to go away. I tried to right click and nothing happens. I left click and it just pushes in. I can't find a sett...

Back button and toolbar keys...
don't seem to work. Sometimes, but then they stop and nothing can be done. Quite frustrating. Read something about a corrupted cache. Any suggestions? Do I just uninstall and reinstall the program? Using Win7 Pro 64 bit. "citizen53" <citizen53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09C97EF7-7614-4A8E-990C-56895AD30BA9@microsoft.com... > don't seem to work. Sometimes, but then they stop and nothing can be > done. > Quite frustrating. Read something about a corrupted cache. Any > suggestions? > Do I just uninstall and r...

Submit button #4
I'm building an intranet for our company and here's what's going on. I've created page with a standard publisher form with a Submit button and in the properties, naturally it gives one of three options for the button; HTM, E-mail or another ISP program. I want it to email me the results. The problem is that because of the way our network is setup (not my doing), getting Frontpage Extensions to work would be nothing short of a miracle. What other options do I have that don't involve Frontpage anything? Ted, I haven't used it, but others claim it is easy and ...

Resizing Option Button?
Hello Friends, I have asked a Question in mrexcel.com. But, the reply was it is not possible. Please check the below link and tell me is doable. http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewt...7747&highlight= Thanks, Nawaf -- countryfan_nt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ countryfan_nt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11051 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482535 No you can't, at least not the actual button part. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if ...

MessageBox buttons
Hello, Is this possible to change language of buttons caption for :MessageBox, or AfxMessageBox() funtions? or I need to write customized dlg box? thanks I think the language is based on the version of the OS or MFC installed. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfcnotes_tn056.asp http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/introtolocalization.asp Tom "alladyn" <alladyn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OiWCzLysFHA.332@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Is this possible to change language of buttons caption for :MessageBox, > or AfxMe...

send button #8
Where is my send button ? I use aol I did the add email acc. imap. I recieve but can't send. ...

questions about CToolbarCtrl buttons
Hi, I have a couple questions about buttons in CToolbarCtrl. Here is the code (It is from the KBBar example): NUM_TOOLBAR_BUTTONS = 4; COMBO_IDX = 3; if (!CToolBarCtrl::Create(DEFAULT_TOOLBAR_STYLE, rcClientParent, pWndParent, IDR_IETOOLBAR)) return false; SetButtonSize(CSize(24, 24)); AddStrings("Go\0Stop\0Options\0"); if (AddBitmap(3, IDR_IETOOLBAR) == -1) { DWORD dwError = ::GetLastError(); return false; } TBBUTTON tbs[NUM_TOOLBAR_BUTTONS]; for (int i = 0; i < NUM_TOOLBAR_BUTTONS; i++) { tbs[i].dwData = 0; tbs[i].fsState = TBSTATE_ENABLED; tbs[i].f...

Start Button
Has migrated to top left of screen, along with task bar. How to get it back to lower left, please Thanks -- Roger "rogeepete" <arebarr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:04D59EC3-493C-451D-B332-051396002E40@microsoft.com... > Has migrated to top left of screen, along with task bar. > > How to get it back to lower left, please > > Thanks > -- > Roger Put mouse cursor on it and click and hold then drag it back down to bottom On Sun, 23 May 2010 19:41:01 -0700, rogeepete <arebarr@yahoo.com> wrote: >Has migrated to ...

SFO buttons vanish when docking
We are having a strange problem where the SFO buttons vanish when a laptop is powered on in a docking station. We find that SFO has been disabled and we have to go through the process of reenabling it. Booting up the same laptop without the docking station SFO buttons are OK. We are using Dell laptops and docking stations. The laptops are running XP with SP2. We have all of the patches and enhancements installed on both server and clients. Has anybody else run into this problem? -- Mike Parks Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, Georgia ...